Ivf oct/nov/dec

Rock on Want!!!!! :happydance: :hugs: :yipee: Will we be hearing anything more from you or are you moving on? I for one would love to know how things continue to go for you. GRATS!!!!!

Thank you so much everyone and I hope my BFP is the first of many in this thread!

Rock on Want!!!!! :happydance: :hugs: :yipee: Will we be hearing anything more from you or are you moving on? I for one would love to know how things continue to go for you. GRATS!!!!!

I will be here to update everyone. Also, I don't want to miss all ur BFP announcements!

Congrats Want!! That is so awesome!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!! :)

Girls ... I'm a tiny bit worried.
My nurse called me tonight with my ovidrel instructions. I'm supposed to give myself the trigger at midnight and then I have to go in tomorrow for b/w and u/s to make sure that everything is ready to go and then I go in Friday for the retrieval at 11AM but the actual retrieval is at 12 noon. This is what I'm nervous about .. she told me that my estrogen was through the roof and that they were going to put me on dostinex for 8 days to make sure that it didn't go much higher because the higher it is the more at risk you are for OHSS. Right now I don't have any symptoms of OHSS and she said that she honestly thinks I'll be fine because they're putting me on the dostinex but now I'm all freaked out that they're going to have to freeze all of my eggs because they won't transfer them if I already have OHSS ... craziness!! Please hope for my sanity that we don't have to freeze them and do an FET! I've been waiting for this for so long I would just be so upset!

Ash, hopefully dostinex will help you. My estrogen dropped as soon as we did ER. After that I was put on a patch to keep my levels up. Hopefully everything will be fine and you will get your transfer as planned. Keeping you in my prayers!

Oh no Ash, sorry! Try not to worry I'm sure the dostinex will do the trick. Fx for you!

ash i hope they dont cancel the transfer! I bet the dostinex does the trick! If you do have to do a FET its not so bad esp if you are at risk for OHSS. You would much rather wait a month or two for the FET than to have to deal with OHSS....I know it wont be optimal but it would be better if any chance. did they change your trigger med? You wont develop OHSS until the eggs are out because its the process of the follicles filling back up with fluid and what happens after the follicles are drained that cause the OHSS. FX for you!! Waiting stinks and I hope you dont have to!!

Ash - I have my FX dostinex does the trick for you! Make sure to have lots of V8 and Gatorade to help combat OHSS as well! And like Mobaby said as much as it would suck to have to freeze all (which I had to do) it sucks at the time but it is better for you and the embabies they put back in. But hopefully you do not need to worry about that!

Girls ... I'm a tiny bit worried.
My nurse called me tonight with my ovidrel instructions. I'm supposed to give myself the trigger at midnight and then I have to go in tomorrow for b/w and u/s to make sure that everything is ready to go and then I go in Friday for the retrieval at 11AM but the actual retrieval is at 12 noon. This is what I'm nervous about .. she told me that my estrogen was through the roof and that they were going to put me on dostinex for 8 days to make sure that it didn't go much higher because the higher it is the more at risk you are for OHSS. Right now I don't have any symptoms of OHSS and she said that she honestly thinks I'll be fine because they're putting me on the dostinex but now I'm all freaked out that they're going to have to freeze all of my eggs because they won't transfer them if I already have OHSS ... craziness!! Please hope for my sanity that we don't have to freeze them and do an FET! I've been waiting for this for so long I would just be so upset!

I think the meds will help with it. Everything will be good and will be a big BFP. Just relax and try not to stress ( as I can't practice what I preach :) )

Also where did u feel like pains in the middle lower abdomen?

Mo - thanks for the words of encouragement! :hugs: I do agree that I have to stay positive and that even if I have to freeze them it's way better than getting OHSS. I just have to keep things in perspective because I would be very unhappy to be in the hospital with OHSS or to just be uncomfortable with it in the first place. My doctor didn't seem too worried this morning so I may be overreacting but I just ... got the call from the nurse and pretty much freaked! FX'd everything will be okay. Dostinex is supposed to help and I'll be on it for 8 days so I should be okay honestly.

dilia - thanks for the advice too :hugs: Like I said to mo, I just have to keep things in perspective and even though I really don't want to freeze them and want to get that bfp as soon as possible I just have to remember that being in the hospital because of OHSS is not fun!

sweet - thanks! :hugs: It's always hard to take our own advice! :haha: But I'm trying to stay calm, the doctor definitely knows what he's doing and it's really good to know that he's putting me on the meds even before the retrieval so I really should be okay but I just kinda panicked once I got off the phone with the nurse. Also, I'm not really having lots of pain, just on and off and it's pretty low on my right and left sides ... I'm assuming where my ovaries would be.

Ash keeping my fingers crossed that all will work out for you.

Want2 Congratulations! Such encouragement to see positive news.

My baseline was also positive. 4-6 follicles on one side and 7-8 on the other. I was told that was good for a woman my age. I start injections on Saturday.

Ash - stay calm and relaxed. I'm sure the meds will help an you'll be able to continue your process as planned. Remember staying stress free I think is key to having the best chance at success.

Mells - thanks Mells. Hoping everyone here can make their wish come true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->