Ivf oct/nov/dec

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. I slept a little bit off and on since I got home but not GREAT sleeping. I tried to go to the bathroom for the first time since I got home and it hurt. Needless to say ... and don't get me wrong I'm happy about the results ... I'm miserable right now. Just so uncomfortable and bloated. When I go up to go pee I go VERY overheated but I think that might have been due to the fact that I've had a heating pad on me for about 4 hours. I'm also getting worried about OHSS but I don't have any of the symptoms yet so ... I'm trying not to freak out.

Mo - sorry to hear that you're having problems with the acupuncture guy. I hope it all gets sorted out!

Sweet - yeah mo was spot on about follicles and eggs. The black spots you see on the u/s is just the follicular fluid that the eggs are in (you can't see eggs because they are microscopic). Not every follicles contains an egg though so the follicles are just a rough count/estimate of how many you have. Hope that helps?

Happy - I really hope you can go in on Monday to get your embryo transfered! I'll keep my FX'd for you! :hugs:

JDH - I hope you get lots of eggies!

Thanks ladies your awesome

Ash- hope you start feeling better

Mo- that's no good I hope everything works out

Hope- also hope you get to go in mon.

One more thing how many days before ER did you not BD like 2,3,4,5???

Mobaby, I hope you can get your acu sorted out! I would be irritated as well. When I did acu I loved it! I felt asleep every single time. As far as the meds, 3 endometrin pills vaginal, 2 progesterone vaginal, estrace 2 mg, medrol, antibiotic, vivelle dot which is estrogen. A nice combination of meds.

The Dr said that the follicles contain an egg and sometimes it's hard to see all the follicles. They only give you an estimate but by the time of the ER you end up with more.

We were told 4 but it didn't matter since DH had to have MESA.

Ash - Greta news about your eggs, but sorry you are feeling not so good. Just think positive thoughts!!!!

I'm freaking out a little right now since tomorrow I start the injections. I know it won't be bad, but until I start I'm going to be a mess. So glad it will be a weekend and I won't have to work.

Ash - Greta news about your eggs, but sorry you are feeling not so good. Just think positive thoughts!!!!

I'm freaking out a little right now since tomorrow I start the injections. I know it won't be bad, but until I start I'm going to be a mess. So glad it will be a weekend and I won't have to work.

It's not too bad. You get use to it after a few days. The most difficult thing I had with the meds was hot flashes but got use to that too. I am though now kinda feeling bloated but that's it's.

Ash- that is a great number of eggs!! :) So glad that everything went well for you but sorry you are not feeling well now. Are they letting you take anything for the pain?

Mo- That is so frustrating about the acupuncture!! :growlmad: I hope you figure everything out.

Happy- I can't wait to hear how your transfer goes on Monday!!

Sweet- 12 follicles is a great number! Fingers crossed for you!

Wanna- sorry about your meds! But I am glad the dr has some you can use so you don't have to delay your cycle.

Mell- I am freaked out to about starting injections. But I am sure everything will be ok, it is just the anxiety of the first injection and how it will make me feel.

hope everyone else is doing well!

afm- today was a good day for me! Just felt happy and positive overall :winkwink: My loan was finally fully processed so I should have the money beginning of next week and be able to really start focusing on choosing a sperm donor! I hope i can finally make a decision on a willing to be known donor vs. anonymous donor... One of the hardest decisions I have had to make. Any advice?

Hold - yes I can take Tylenol for the pain but I haven't since they gave me two at the doctors. I'm honestly not in that much pain when laying down but it's a lot of discomfort.

I don't really have any advice for you regarding choosing a donor as I'm not familiar with the procedure or anything. I do wish you the best of luck and hope you can get some support and advice from other women who have had to make that kind of decision :hugs:

OMG it's 2.06am and I think it's safe to say I am experiencing a hot flash! Lol

Morning ladies,

Ash- hope you're ok, I was in a lot of pain and discomfort after my ER on my first IVF, so much so that I couldn't walk properly for 2 weeks because of the pain, I just couldn't straighten up my body properly because of the discomfort in my tummy, but it did wear off each day. This is apparently an extreme reaction tho lol

Yeah follies are what they count on scan in the hope they all have an egg. I had 12 follies last time and got 8 good eggs so just hoping for a similar turnout

xx

Just got back from my u/s and blood work. RE said everything looks great!! My 11 follicles are all still there and growing evenly. I am so relieved! I have started worrying more that I will get canceled for some reason. Maybe it's a side effect of the hormones and feeling more emotional about things. I'll go back in tomorrow for another u/s and my estimated ER is Wednesday :).

Just got back from my u/s and blood work. RE said everything looks great!! My 11 follicles are all still there and growing evenly. I am so relieved! I have started worrying more that I will get canceled for some reason. Maybe it's a side effect of the hormones and feeling more emotional about things. I'll go back in tomorrow for another u/s and my estimated ER is Wednesday :).

That's exciting and yes I was worrying bout that too. I think it is all the hormones. My ER is Wednesday too. I am on my way to get my blood drawn which stinks cause I should be sleeping as I work weekend nights.

EM - that's awesome! So glad everything is on track!!

JDH - I am feeling a little bit better, not 100% but I didn't expect to the day after anyways.

So, after not being able to sleep for longer than an hour at a time, I was FINALLY able to sleep for 5 1/2 hours straight after taking a pain killer (tylenol) from 2-7:30 ... so I feel pretty good about that. I woke up a few times in between but just to roll over ... well roll over as much as I could. I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, still sore down there and have to walk kind of hunched over because if I stand up tall I get this pinching feeling down there...not fun. I also just gave myself my first PIO shot. It wasn't that bad ... I've watched videos online about how to do it and it really was not that bad at all ... big pinch once it penetrated skin but after that easy. I honestly think the worst part is sitting there waiting for the medicine to go in ... since it's thick it takes FOREVER!

I think I'm going to try and take a 30 minute walk with my mom this morning because it says to take a walk and not sit around because then the oils sits but I'm not sure ... at this point I might not be ready to take a walk. I cannot wait to hear the fert report!! I'm so nervous about it but excited at the same time. Will update you girls when I know!

Ash - Thanks! I'm glad you're feeling better and finally got some rest! Way to go giving yourself the PIO shot! I've heard from my friends that have done IVF that those are the hardest ones. I think it's a good idea to go for a walk just take it really easy and don't push yourself too hard.

Sweetness - yes, definitely blaming the hormones as I don't normally have this many fears about things. DH keeps asking my why I'm worrying like this and I know it's irrational but I can't help it. Looks like we're going to have our ERs on the same day!

Hold, I'm glad your loan is coming along. Keep up the positive attitude. The Dr said not to stress during this time.

Sweetness & EM, good luck on Wednesday! I hope everything goes well. Yes these meds can make you a reckless hormone train. I hope you guys gets tons of eggs!

JDH, good luck on Monday!

Ash, I'm glad you are feeling better and you were able to get some sleep. As the days go by your body will go back to normal. A walk sounds like a good idea. I can't wait to hear your report!

Hi everyone, hope all of you are doing ok.

Wanted to update everyone on our 2nd blood test(1st was 102 Beta HCG on day 11 after ET)done on day 14 after embryo transfer!

Results just cameback and my Beta HCG level was 504! :happydance:

yay!! Thats an awesome beta!! Nice increase!! Twinnies maybe?? :)

Ash: did the clinic tell you what time they would call with an update??

No - they said around 11 so they're an hour late ... I'm starting to get worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->