Ivf oct/nov/dec

Thanks Lotus! This is very helpful. I'm using an IVF specific program by Circle and Bloom. I also downloaded some free podcast type meditations from iTunes. I guess it makes sense that just as with everything in life, it will take some practice. If nothing else, it forces me to stop, relax, and have some time to myself, even if for only 20 minutes a day.

As for everything else...I'm all packed and ready to go tomorrow. I also cooked about 8 different meals to freeze so I don't have to cook when I get back home.
I'm taking follistim which does burn some when I take it, and menopur. I haven't had any kind of mood swings, headaches, or stomach issues so it seems that I'm handling it pretty well.

@JDH, good luck with your ET tomorrow!!! I hope you get lots of healthy eggs!!! :dust::dust:

Quick Question girls... At the baseline ultrasound can the DR see any of your follicles yet?? Is it possible to know how many eggs that early on or is it only after you have been stimulating with the STIM drugs first?? Sorry if this sounds lke a silly question?? :blush:

I use the Circle in Bloom for IVF. I think its a great program. It took a little getting used to as I'm not used to relaxing like that - but once I got into it, I would sleep so well at night. It helped me to have positive thoughts to listen through the sessions and send energy to the areas that need it for that particular time.

Would recommend that program to anyone. Though - staying awake through the entire thing, didn't always happen. Guess that means I was RELAXED!!

Good luck with your cycle!!

Quick Question girls... At the baseline ultrasound can the DR see any of your follicles yet?? Is it possible to know how many eggs that early on or is it only after you have been stimulating with the STIM drugs first?? Sorry if this sounds lke a silly question?? :blush:

Yeah, i had 17 follies on my baseline, all between 5 and 7mm in size. At my last scan I had 15 follies, so some had dispersed, but they were from 16 - 22mm each :happydance:

Wanna - Thanks hun and have a safe trip!

Mells - Good Luck hun! Here is some baby dust for your journey! :dust:

JDH - good luck with ET tomorrow! Hope you get lots and lots of healthy eggs hun!

Wanna have a safe trip hun. Also, they will be able to see some folicles but won't give you any estimate of how many eggs because that depends on how many of folicles you end up with and how big they get by ER day.

Update on Me - Contemplating leaving work because I'm 39yo and with this being my first pregnancy it is considered high risk. I work at the airport(check-in counter and office work). I went back to work yesterday and watched myself not to do any lifting and tried to rest a little every 45min-1hour. I know I want to leave work for sure if the ultrasound in a couple of weeks shows that it is more then one embryo. What I'm contemplating is leaving regardless of the ultrasound results. Hubby makes almost enough to cover both our bills and expenses, and what his salary doesn't cover we have a bit of savings for.

Question to all of you is how much up until delivery should we set aside for spending on meds/dr.'s visits/etc.? And how much is the actual delivery costs?

JDH - YAY for ER tomorrow!! I do not know how to you slept afterwards last night!! I had such a hard time because I love sleeping on my side and my belly and I couldn't :( Good luck, I hope you get lots of eggs :hugs:

Wanna - not a silly question at all. They can count your antral follicles which will give you a good idea of how many you can get. You may not get that many or you may get more but the antral count is a good estimate. When they did my antral count I had about 17 total and I got 25 so ...

want - I honestly don't know how much everything will cost for dr's visits, etc. but I would say if you're worried about working throughout just try to do what you can to make it work without you working!

@Want, Good luck with your decision about whether or not you should continue to work or not. I think you have to do what you think is best for you and baby. As an alternative you could look for a part time job with low stress that would be safe for you to do well pregnant so you could have some money coming in still. You should talk it over with your DH and make a budget together to see if you guys can afford everything okay.

As far as your medical bills, it is going to depend on your health insurance benefits. Do you have a deductible, or coinsurance? Check with your health inurance to verify your benefits for maternity. If you know where you want to deliver your baby than you should be able to get an estimate on the costs form your facility, and your DR, and anethesia. There is no way for us to know your costs because it will vary based on your health insurace plan and your hospital. I got lucky with my health insurance because it covers maternity care and labor at 100%. So my plan is good for maternity, but it just sucks for infertility care because I am paying for all of my infertility costs myself.

@Want, Good luck with your decision about whether or not you should continue to work or not. I think you have to do what you think is best for you and baby. As an alternative you could look for a part time job with low stress that would be safe for you to do well pregnant so you could have some money coming in still. You should talk it over with your DH and make a budget together to see if you guys can afford everything okay.

As far as your medical bills, it is going to depend on your health insurance benefits. Do you have a deductible, or coinsurance? Check with your health inurance to verify your benefits for maternity. If you know where you want to deliver your baby than you should be able to get an estimate on the costs form your facility, and your DR, and anethesia. There is no way for us to know your costs because it will vary based on your health insurace plan and your hospital. I got lucky with my health insurance because it covers maternity care and labor at 100%. So my plan is good for maternity, but it just sucks for infertility care because I am paying for all of my infertility costs myself.

Thanks Wanna, gonna check with Hubby's insurance because since I probably won't be working I'll have to be added to his insurance. Check and see which plan covers the most before he renews for 2013. Thanks Again.

Added my ticker below! yay

Wanna - Thanks hun and have a safe trip!

Mells - Good Luck hun! Here is some baby dust for your journey! :dust:

JDH - good luck with ET tomorrow! Hope you get lots and lots of healthy eggs hun!

Wanna have a safe trip hun. Also, they will be able to see some folicles but won't give you any estimate of how many eggs because that depends on how many of folicles you end up with and how big they get by ER day.

Update on Me - Contemplating leaving work because I'm 39yo and with this being my first pregnancy it is considered high risk. I work at the airport(check-in counter and office work). I went back to work yesterday and watched myself not to do any lifting and tried to rest a little every 45min-1hour. I know I want to leave work for sure if the ultrasound in a couple of weeks shows that it is more then one embryo. What I'm contemplating is leaving regardless of the ultrasound results. Hubby makes almost enough to cover both our bills and expenses, and what his salary doesn't cover we have a bit of savings for.

Question to all of you is how much up until delivery should we set aside for spending on meds/dr.'s visits/etc.? And how much is the actual delivery costs?

I would do what you think you can do. I know when I get my BFP IF I didn't have to work at all I wouldn't :)

Thanks Lotus! This is very helpful. I'm using an IVF specific program by Circle and Bloom. I also downloaded some free podcast type meditations from iTunes. I guess it makes sense that just as with everything in life, it will take some practice. If nothing else, it forces me to stop, relax, and have some time to myself, even if for only 20 minutes a day.

As for everything else...I'm all packed and ready to go tomorrow. I also cooked about 8 different meals to freeze so I don't have to cook when I get back home.
I'm taking follistim which does burn some when I take it, and menopur. I haven't had any kind of mood swings, headaches, or stomach issues so it seems that I'm handling it pretty well.

Good luck with your journey. Also that's a great idea to freeze meals. I didn't even think of that. But my mom is coming for ER and ET so that I don't have to do much. I mean my husband will be here but nothing like having your mom :)

Ash- how are you feeling? Did u get a report today?

Wanna- I hope everything goes as planned since you are traveling.

Jdh- good luck tomorrow!!!!!!

Much- how are you doing?

Tcmc- how are you as wel

sweet - I'm feeling okay. I'm not in pain so much as just having pressure and bloating today. I've been drinking lots of gatorade, taking me meds, and having 2 eggs in the morning for protein which helps with OHSS. I didn't get a report today but that's good news :) They told me when they called yesterday that they wouldn't be calling today unless something went wrong so I'm just keeping my FX'd that all of my embryo's kept growing and I'll get good news tomorrow :happydance: They're supposed to call me tomorrow morning to let me know if we're having the transfer tomorrow or if we're letting them grow until day 5. Can't wait to hear!! Surprisingly though I've been very patient today and haven't worried too much!

Question for you girls???

Are any of you ladies looking into parenting classes, like ones that teach you how to care for a new born or lamaz classes for delivery? I definatly want to take the parenting classes, just because I am the youngest out of my 6 brothers and sisters, so I haven't ever taken care of a baby and I haven't even baby sat before. I know some of it is common sense but I have alot to learn and I want to know the basics so that when I do have my baby I am not terrified and not knowing what to do!! LOL..:blush::haha:

I found classes at the local hospital close to where I live. I think people just assume that because we are a women that we know how to care for a baby, well I am not ashamed to admit that I am clueless when it comes to this!! :blush: Plus this is going to be my first pregnancy. Luckily my DH has 2 kids from a previous marriage, but they are both older, one is 19 and one is 16, so I think he could even use a refresher class on the latest stuff to care for a baby.

I'm not going to take parenting classes but I will definitely be taking lamaz classes!

sweetness- im not too bad thanks still bleeding and im not sure if this is normal its still like a full blown period and im starting stimms on friday so i hope it has stopped before then.

do you think i can still go ahead with stimming if i am still bleeding??

That is a good idea Ash, I have heard it makes L&D go alot smoother. :thumbup: The classes i would be interested in would be caring for a newborn and newborn CPR classes etc., stuff like that. They have breast feeding classes too.

sorry if i am freaking out over nothing:wacko:

im just not used to anything other than my normal 28 day cycle lastin around 5 days its been that way since i first started my cycles at age 11. the only time it differed was when i was pregnant with my son but hes gonna be 9 in a few weeks so even that was a lifetime ago lol

Hi Ladies, :wave:

May I join? My IUI cycle was cancelled this morning because I have 11 follicles over 10mm, 7 of which might be mature. So, assuming things go well when we speak with the financial counselor tomorrow, we are converting to IVF. If so, ER will be on Weds!

I'm still learning about IVF, so I appreciate reading about your experiences. Has anyone done PGD? What do they test for?

Anyway, thanks for reading this and good luck to all of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->