Ivf oct/nov/dec

LUCIE- goof luck this round! Thats awesome your friend gave you some meds! They are just sooooo expensive. Well this entire thing is.

Ladies thank you so much for the support!!

Also good luck again ladies for tomorrow its sooooo close

First, I apologize I haven't been keeping up with this post. School has been crazy and it's been tough not knowing enough about our schedule. Congrats to the BFPs and good luck to all those with ER and ETs this week!

We had our consultation with the IVF coordinator today. She was very sweet and informative. I'll be using Follistim and Menopur again, but this time around my dose of Follistim will be lowered and the Menopur raised a bit. They did say they'll show us how to mix the two meds together so I'll only be doing one shot a night, which is a definite plus!

What was really awesome was we were given 900ius of Follistim by my friend who had twins in August. She wouldn't accept any money from us for it! We were so thankful for her generosity, we did end up getting the babies a few cute outfits as a small thank you.

Also, while we were at the Dr's office, the IVF coordinator said they would be donating some Follistim to us as well! She also gave us 10 vials of Menopur for free! Now I'm not sure how much she's donating, but hey, we'll take whatever she wants to give us. She also mentioned that after transfer I'll be put on Crinone gel for the progesterone, so do dreaded PIO shots! Whoop whoop!

I did get some preliminary dates as well. On the 19th I have to go in for a hysterosopy, which she explained was a test to measure the uterus. I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous, but as DH so eloquently stated "You've had so much stuff done down there, this is going to be nothing."...Lol, gotta love men! I will go off BC on the 26th, and they've scheduled my baseline us for the 30th. I will also begin injections that night. I'll have follicle checks on 12-4 and 12-7, and after that the dates are iffy. ERs are all going to be between 12-6 and 12-16, with mine most likely being somewhere in the middle of that timeframe. It appears after our discussion that they only do 5 day transfers except for extreme cases, so ET would be between 12-11 and 12-21.

Which brings one Major area of concern for me. Last time we only had 13 mature eggs, and 9 fertilized. We only had 3 good ones on Day 3, with none left to freeze. I'm SOOOO worried that this will happen again, but I am trying my best to remain positive.

It appears with these dates we won't know either way by Christmas, which honestly is ok by me.

I hope everyone is well. I will try to do a better job keeping up with this thread. Just know I'm sending you all positive vibes! :)

Lucie - Good luck this time around hun! Don't worry about the amount of embryos you get being simular to your first try. We had only 2 good embryos to transfer on our first try and 12 on our 2nd try. Difference was I think we went into the 2nd one without stress and with a "let the apples fall where they may" type of feeling. Not being stressed I think played a major role in helping us produce healthy embryos after retrieval.

Morning ladies,

worry over, i'm in at 11.45am today to have one/two put back, she never said. I'm so glad that i'm not waiting till Monday, I think I would have gone mad! Little worried that it means they're not very strong, but best to have them back where they belong. Will message you when I get back.

GL to those that are ER or ET today x

I did get some preliminary dates as well. On the 19th I have to go in for a hysterosopy, which she explained was a test to measure the uterus. I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous, but as DH so eloquently stated "You've had so much stuff done down there, this is going to be nothing."...Lol, gotta love men! I will go off BC on the 26th, and they've scheduled my baseline us for the 30th. I will also begin injections that night. I'll have follicle checks on 12-4 and 12-7, and after that the dates are iffy. ERs are all going to be between 12-6 and 12-16, with mine most likely being somewhere in the middle of that timeframe. It appears after our discussion that they only do 5 day transfers except for extreme cases, so ET would be between 12-11 and 12-21.

It appears with these dates we won't know either way by Christmas, which honestly is ok by me.

Hi Lucie! It looks like our schedules are super close! I haven't gotten my schedule yet as my Dr has been out of town, but the nurse said she will have it for me soon. I do know that the ER will be the week of Dec 10. He does them all in the same week. It will be nice to share our experiences during that time. :hugs:

I was freaking out because I got super sick on Sat and it turns out I have c. diff, a nasty infection of the "gut". I just got home from my 2nd trip to the ER since Sunday. Thankfully, the 2nd Dr gave me meds to help me sleep, eat and prevent the awful pain I was feeling. The infection was the result of the antibiotics I took a few weeks ago. It wiped out all the good bacteria, which allowed bad bacteria to take over. It's been awful. I finally ate some solid food today and hope to sleep tonight for the first time since Saturday. So far it seems that my IVF cycle will still be on track. I was so worried that this infection would screw everything up.

Anyway, I read so many posts, I don't know where to begin with personals. Good luck to those doing the ER this week and Ash, good luck with your transfer. I can't wait to see all of your BFPs!

Ash - Good luck ;)

Wanna - I am also on a 28 day cycle and was put on lupron. It took me being on lupron for 11 days before she came this IVF cycle and I started lupron on day 21. My first IVF cycle she came on day 8 of lupron. She will come, unfortunately you cannot predict when. I would still contact your FS and let them know; they may start you even before she shows.

Hold - I think what you are doing is amazing! Don't let it get you down that you are doing this since you are single; I am sure that when this all works out, you will not regret your decision :hugs:

Sweetness - Good luck with your ER :)

Lucie - YAY for getting all your dates and meeting with your FS. It is nice to have a plan and know when things will begin.

I have my baseline this morning at 9:30; will be interested to see how many follies I have. Last cycle I had 13, so I am hoping for the same or more!

Michelle - good luck at your baseline!!

For those having ER hope you girls get lots of eggs :)

My lining check is tomorrow!!!! :)yay!! Then transfer in a week if looks okay!!

:happydance: I'm PUPO with twins -:baby::baby:

OTD is the 23rd November - feels like ages away, but just got to pray now

Hope everyone else is OK :hugs:

@Michelle, thanks for that info hun!!! :flower: I am glad to know I am not the only one that had AF come late from the lupron... sigh... such a pain!!!:growlmad:

@Mo, I am glad your transfer can stil be done!!! Good luck to you!!! :dust::dust:

@JDH, Congrats on being PUPO!!! Fingers crossed you get your BFP!! :dust::dust: Was the embryo transfer uncmfortable at all?? I heard one girl recommended asking for a volume before the embryo transfer.

AFM, still no sign of AF yet!! :dohh: However my temps are coming down so that is good sign that AF should be here soon. I am going to hang out at my sister's house with her today because we can't go out to lunch and shopping since her son (aka my nephew) is home sick from school today. We are oing to try to go out for lunch tomorrow instead.

YAY JDH!!! Nov 23 will be here before you know it; are you planning to test before that?

YAY Mobaby! Time is sure flying for everyone on this thread; you will be PUPO soon ;)

wanna - I know how frustrating it is not to get AF when you want her and then want her to stay away during certain times too.

Mo - yay for transfer next week! We're all going to PUPO together, it's going to be so awesome! :happydance: I love this thread, so much going on!

JDH - yay for being PUPO! Stick baby stick! I won't be far behind you!

wanna - I hope your AF comes soon so you can get started!

trying to catch up, this thread moves so fast when you cant check in everyday lol

sweetness- good luck tomorrow!!! your so close hope everything goes smooth! and lets bring on the TWW!!

JDH- Yayy! hope your relaxing today! and the next couple days!

wanna- hope that af comes soon for you, enjoy spending some family time... to keep your head clear :)

All new friends that have joined welcome!!! ope you have a easy, safe successful journey!!

AFM- my dr called yest. to ask if I wanted to do the accupuncture... i decided why not lol, she also called to tell me to continue all the active bcp until the 25th. She gave me my lit of meds and ordered them for me, she also gave me my round about dates... Im looking at ER on december 10th-13th and they said as of right now it looks like a 3 day transfer... i dont know why, ill ask when I got for my u/s and practice ET next wed!

ET was slightly uncomfortable but not anything that you can't cope with. Just felt like slight tummy ache. You'll be fine.

Will try and hold off till OTD I managed it before, but i'm a bit more of a POAS holic than last year!!

Gunna go rest and have a nap now, will come back on later

Good luck to everyone today and this coming week! Can't wait to see lots of BFP!!!

Already off to a better start this cycle! I have NO cycts; thank goodness! And I have 7 follies on the left, 10 on the right. Compared to my last cycle, I had 6 and 7, so I have 4 more starting this one. I think maybe the acupuncture is helping; only time will tell!

First- Thanks for sharing your positive story :) I will be freezing unfertilized eggs and embryos. But I am 100% for sure going to transfer 2 embryos. I have stage 4 endo that keeps progressing, so this could be my last chance to carry a baby. The reason I am not fertilizing all my eggs is so that I have options in the future, in case the rite person does come along. Good luck to you too!!

JDH- glad everything went good!! Fingers crossed for you! :)

Michelle- glad your u/s went well!! no cysts yay!!

Ash- how are you feeling?

Mo- good luck on your lining check!

Wanna- hope AF comes for you soon!

Shar- yay for acupuncture! I love it :)

Melis- good luck to you too!

Lucie, Lotus and Hockey- Looks like we are all on the same cycle :happydance: :)
I started BCP October 13th
start Lupron November 13th
end BCP November 17th
u/s and start Stimming November 27th
est ER December 9th
est ET 5 days

AFM- One thing I am confused about is hearing about all these baseline u/s... My FS didn't mention that.. I should be expecting a period to start somewhere between November 21st-24th.. But I am very irregular and I haven't had a period since July.. My FS said he expects me to have one and it will probably be heavy.. But since I have had bleeding problems in the past (where I have bled for months) FS said even if I don't have a period we will just go ahead with stimming. But does that mean that my lining would be really old for the transfer??
I also for sure am going to be transferring 2 embryos!! :):) excited about that! I was worried because of my age, he would only allow 1.

hold - I have heard that even if you don't get a bleed they can still start your stimming. I just responded to a thread someone started with the exact same issue. I would trust your FS; if you do start AF, they usually bring you back on CD2, 3 or 4 to see how things look. I am sure all will work out and YAY about transferring 2 :)

Lucie, good luck! December will be here before you know it!

Mobaby, best of luck tomorrow! You'll be PUPO soon!

Yay JDH you are PUPO! Nov 23 will be here soon!

Wanna, hopefully AF is around the corner!

:wohoo: Michelle! That is a great number!

Ash, today is the day! You'll be PUPO!

Hold, I have long periods too and the Dr didn't say they would be a problem. Maybe your Dr is waiting for your period to have you do an u/s!

Michelle - yay for no cysts! I'm so happy everything is already looking better this cycle! :happydance:

hold - I'm feeling 100% back to normal from my ER, just waiting to leave for my ET! :happydance: The baseline ultrasound is just to see what's going on before stimming but since your AF tends to be weird I really don't know how that's going to work buuuuut what I can say is that my period before I started stiming was late and I called them and they said to come in and have the u/s to see what was happening and if everything looks okay down there that we would start stiming anyways even though I didn't get my period yet. I think you'll be okay! FX'd! The doctors definitely know what they're doing and I don't think it's uncommon so good luck :hugs:

happy - I know I'm so excited :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->