Ivf oct/nov/dec

Awesome! I'll definitely try that out! Rupert loooves playing with other dogs so I'm sure he'd have a blast! I've been trying to get my OH to let us get another dog but he's like ... honey we might be getting twins we're not getting another dog :haha:

He is right! You're going to have your hands full with two little ones soon!! Two dogs is a ton of work and they don't always get along. My little boy dog Mateo is very sweet and loves Chloe but she is not always that friendly to him.

Wow 5pages in 15hrs! This thread is moving really fast.

JDH - I know exactly how you feel. We have been trying for 8+yrs and this was probably going to be our last attempt. So I have been thanking god everyday for our miracle! Stay positive and stay calm and stress free hun. I really think it helps.

Em, First, Sweetness & Ash! Congrat's ladies, those are all really great numbers. Hoping for everyone to get their BFP soon!

Good luck to everyone else doing ER and ET this week. I know there are alot of you and I didn't want to miss wishing everyone some luck!

:dust:

I got my fert report. 7 out of 8 fertilized!! One egg was overcooked. So we have 7 embryos:happydance: I thought I posted it on here but I think I only put it in my TTC journal. I'm trying to multitask today and catch on a million emails and my head is all over the place.

We still have a long way to go. They need it to make it to day 5 to be frozen. The Embryologist will call on Saturday with an update on how they're doing. DH and I are so so happy we've made it this far!!

Congratulations, Em! That is awesome :happydance:

Sweetness: I think you're in great shape with 8. I hope they all fertilize!

Mells: It's pretty early if you just started stimming on 11/3. You have plenty of time to develop more.

@Em, congrats on such great numbers for your embryos!!:thumbup: Fingers crossed they make it to day 5 so you can have lots of frosties!!! :dust::dust:

I'm on my phone so will write more later but I'm using a heating pad on my butt/back where the PIO shots go. Do you girls think that's okay? I know I'm not allowed to use it in the front near my uterus but maybe where I'm using it is okay?

During IVF#1 I used a heating pad on my back/butt after the PIO shots, you should be fine. I found walking around for a few mins right after the shot helped to. Also, if you hold the bottle of oil in your hand for a few mins before, you'll heat it up, which makes it easier going in.

Hope this helps!

Lucie - Wow, thanks for all of the suggestions! They all sound really good, especially the holding it in your hand to warm it up! I'll definitely have to try that one tomorrow :) I read up on the heating pad earlier and I think you're right, as long as it's not on your uterus I think it's okay. It better be because I did that today!

Sweetness: I think you're in great shape with 8. I hope they all fertilize!

Mells: It's pretty early if you just started stimming on 11/3. You have plenty of time to develop more.

Thanks so much, I think I am already feeling better. I will also feel more at ease when they call tomorrow to tell me how many fertilized..............eek

Ash- Hey its ok to use the heating pad as long as its not around the embies :) but you already know that as everyone has already answered. Also thanks for keeping my spirits up. I am nervous about the call tomorrow about how many fertilized im afraid it will only be like 5 then typically people lose like 3 ughhhh stressful and I always think the worst,,,,

EM- thats exciting youo had a lot that fertilized ! When you gettinf ET?

JDH- Good luck with everything and this is a long emotional journey no doubt plus I thinnk these meds are making me more emotional toooooooo

Want- Thanks for the baby dust

Mich- Thank you very much as well for your kind words as well, How was your appt today? ALso I know you have done this a few times and im freaking out what are the chances that only like 3 of my eggs will fertilize out of 8?

TCMC- Thanks for your words and keeping me company when i was up and freaking :) Glad the meds are not making u as sick

Wanna- Thanks for keeping my head up and im excited for your appt tomorrow!

Hold- hope your doing good and thank you too for your kind words as well.

If I left anyone out sorry Just kinda hard when this thread movesSOOOOO fasy but I love it

Thanks for your good wishes everyone! It's so nice to have this forum!

Sweetness - I have to have surgery to remove ovarian cysts before I can have my ET so the earliest will be January. That's why we're doing a freeze all cycle. I'm hoping to get one more egg retrieval in before my surgery.

Thanks for your good wishes everyone! It's so nice to have this forum!

Sweetness - I have to have surgery to remove ovarian cysts before I can have my ET so the earliest will be January. That's why we're doing a freeze all cycle. I'm hoping to get one more egg retrieval in before my surgery.

Ooooooooo I see. Well that's no fun. But it will turn out good :). I can preach goodness and relaxing. But I'm the WORSE at not relaxing

EM, that's a great number. How long do you have to wait after your surgery to transfer your embryos?

Sweetness, quality is always important. I hope they all fertilize.

Michelle, tomorrow is the day yay!

Ash, I hope you are doing well being PUPO!

This thread moves fast. I hope everyone is doing well.

hey everyone, hope you are all well can't believe how far ahead this thread has moved in less than 24hrs:haha: i will catch up properly later though:hugs:

AFM- i will be doing my first injection today with 225iu's of Gonal-f :happydance: only thing is im not sure if there is a "best" time of day to do it or just whenever i feel il have the most free time each day or what. any insights would be greatly appreciated:hugs:

Morning all,

EM and First - congrats on lots of embies!!

Ash - sorry no frosties, but you won't need them, i'm sure you're on your way to a BFP!

Sweet - i'm sure you'll get that lovely report today telling you that loads fertilized!

tcmc - Yay for first injections!! I always did my shots around 6-7pm as the second lot of injections have to be done in the evening, so it just made sense to do them both at the same time. But everyone is different, so may prefer to do it in the morning.

AFM - nothing really to report, feeling much less uncomfortable now, but then I freak out that nothing is happening lol Such a roller coaster ride this IVF lark, some people really don't know how lucky they are.

xx

thanks JDH, i think im gonna go do it now cos the longer i wait im managing to freak myself out even though i have no problems with injections. i only have to do 1 jag a day and because of my shift pattern im off til monday so might go do it and go back to bed for an hour see how that works.:haha:

and i know what u mean about this ivf lark, i feel like i went through 100 different emotions yesterday including breaking down in tears to DH for no apparent reason we were actually on our way out the door when it happened he had to stand and try to console me before we could even leave:haha: its all crazy or i am:haha::blush:

ok stuff it im gonna do this thing and go lie down will fill u all in later:hugs:

Sweetness - thanks, I can't take my own advice about relaxing either. It's hard! Good luck today with your fert report today. Fx for you!

Happy - it depends on what the pathology report after surgery. I have a history of ovarian cancer so if my cancer is back that will derail things longer.

JDH - thank you! This is such a roller coaster ride! I totally agree most people are blissfully unaware. Fx for you!

tcmc - I was given instruction about what time of day to do it but if I had a choice I would probably do it in the morning to get it out of the way. Hope it went ok!

@TCMC, good luck with starting your injections today!!!:thumbup: I will be starting my injections today as well for STIMS as long as they give me the green light to do so at my Dr. appointment today. I will be taking Gonal F as well, along with menopur, estraidol, and baby aspirin (not sure when the baby aspirin will start, I need to verify this). I have to verify if I have to continue with the lupron injections through STIMS or not. I also need to verify my correct dosage and I have a couple of other questions as well. I need to make sure I know how to do all of the injections properly also so the nurses are supposed to give me a demonstration on how to do the injections.

AFM, I will be getting ready to go for my baseline ultrasound and blood work appointment shortly so I will update you girls when i get back later this afternoon. I am hoping that they can see alot of follies, as a good indicator of hopefully lots of eggs in my future for egg retrival!! :thumbup:

Em - YAY on a great fert report! :)

tcmc - I was given specific instructions on what time to do the injections; the morning was between 5-9am an evening 5-9pm. You should keep the times consistent everyday; so if you do it at 7pm, it should be given within the hour of that daily. Good luck ;)

wanna - Good luck today! I would think your FS would give you specific instructions as well. You should continue with the lupron, just decreasing your dosage, the FS should tell you what dosage to take; this will prevent you from ovulating before your trigger shot. I am doing 5 units on lupron now instead of 10. And I start my baby asprin today, which they should tell you.

Sweetness - I bet that all your eggs fertilise!! I wouldn't worry that only 3 will make it. I was a slow/poor responder and my first cycle 8 out of 9 fertilised, second cycle 7 out of 10 fertilised. I am sure once you get your report, it will put you at ease :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing good...HAPPY FRIDAY!

So I started today! I am doing 4 injections in the morning :wacko: and one at night. My morning ones are follistum, menopur, lupron and lovenox, then at night another 300 of follistum. Along with that the baby asprin, metanx and pre-natal vitamin. Let the fun begin :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->