Ivf oct/nov/dec

It's okay!! Stims can make you spot! If any issue dr will let you know tomorrow :)

There isn't anymore I was just nervous they wouldn't do ET Thanks for responding so quickly

I know, the entire process is frightening, and every little thing that you feel or see that is different can make you freak out. Just try to relax, call the Dr tomorrow, and I'm sure all will be fine! :hug:

Ally- tomorrow is my ET at 1245, thats why I was freaking out because I thought they would cancel it.

Did anyone else have insomnia as a side effect to Lupron? I have barely slept the past few days. I called my Dr this morning, and the nurse said to take benadryl or melatonin. I did that the past 2 nights, and that isn't helping. The first night I took one benadryl and it helped a little, last night I took 2 and then I felt groggy all day long. I was hoping that perhaps you may have had some other options? Things that you or your Dr suggested? I fear the next 2 weeks are going to be miserable!

Ally- tomorrow is my ET at 1245, thats why I was freaking out because I thought they would cancel it.

Yep, I know, I'm sure everything will be fine! Just call them first thing in the morning, to make sure.

Did anyone else have insomnia as a side effect to Lupron? I have barely slept the past few days. I called my Dr this morning, and the nurse said to take benadryl or melatonin. I did that the past 2 nights, and that isn't helping. The first night I took one benadryl and it helped a little, last night I took 2 and then I felt groggy all day long. I was hoping that perhaps you may have had some other options? Things that you or your Dr suggested? I fear the next 2 weeks are going to be miserable!

I have had insomnia for awhile and yes I think its from lupron and/or the stress in general. Try taking NyQuil, that doesnt given me the groogy feeling that benadryl has. I was also told by my RE not to take melatonin becuase it can interact with ovulation. But try NyQuil!! It does wonders! Also I did I called the nurse and talked with her she wasnt concerned she said it could have been from my rectum or that I strained and that the holes that were maed for ER could have had some blood come out of them. She said if it gets heavy is when to worry. :)

I have had insomnia for awhile and yes I think its from lupron and/or the stress in general. Try taking NyQuil, that doesnt given me the groogy feeling that benadryl has. I was also told by my RE not to take melatonin becuase it can interact with ovulation. But try NyQuil!! It does wonders! Also I did I called the nurse and talked with her she wasnt concerned she said it could have been from my rectum or that I strained and that the holes that were maed for ER could have had some blood come out of them. She said if it gets heavy is when to worry. :)

WHEW! Glad you called! So everything is a GO for tomorrow yay!

My nurse practitioner talked to my Dr and said no nyquil, but ok to melatonin and benadryl, so strange the things they say yes/no to!

I'm going to give it one more night and see how things go tonight. If I'm still having troubles, I'll try nyquil or their new one called zquil (sp), it is Nyquil's new sleep aid. I really can't see how taking a OTC medicine could effect things this early, I'm not even stimming yet! What I do know is that if I don't get sleep, I'm going to be a total mess.

ally- yea its crazy!! Did you do Lupron your first cycle

Nope, we just started stims on day 3. It was kind of a last minute decision, so we just jumped right in. This is the first time I've taken Lupron.

Trophy - Welcome to the thread!

Ash - Only side effects I've been feeling are those painful cramps and sore breasts. They say morning sickness usually starts around this time but I've been lucky so far. I think I've had some mood swings too(poor DH, lol).

Sweet - Can't wait till your here too. Hope both your embies your transfering tomorrow stick hun? Praying for you! :dust:
Your spotting is common as long as it's only spotting.

Em - Congrat's on your 2 frosties.

Happy - It is common to spot some. Nurse told me when I was doing my ER it was common but if I saw alot of blood to call Dr. or go to hospital. Sounds like all you had was the spotting which is common.

Michelle - I'm sure your meds will help increase those Follies! When is ER date set for?

Mobaby - Good Luck Friday hun! :dust:

Lotus - If you haven't started yet, start taking some prenatal vitamins and eating healthier leading up to your cycle.

Mells - Keep drinking that water

Alicatt & Mobaby - yes, there is something to help with implantation.

It's regular over the counter "low dose aspirin" (I used the bayer brand and bought it at Walgreens).

Here is a quote I found:
Studies have shown an increase in implantation rates with low dose aspirin. It is thought to work by increasing blood flow by decreasing micro-clot formation at the implantation site and by decrease the bodies immune response to the implantation. It is used regularly in patients that have an immune disorder causing recurrent miscarriages, as well.

You would use 81 mg of Aspirin and take it daily beginning at the beginning of your cycle. It is the same dose that is used for heart disease protection and can be bought at Costco pretty inexpensively.

It's also helpful to older ladies above 35 like myself who are TTC.

Oooo I see. So what meds are different on this IVF cycle from the last

Well instead of lupron to suppress, we used Ganirelix. Otherwise my drugs are going to be the same, although they are changing the dose a little here and there. So we changed the protocol to the long lupron, the med dosages are changing a little, and the donor is changing.

We are trying to get more eggs from my follicles, I had 33 follicles and only 15 eggs. The sperm donor we used was not as good, and we're trying to get implantation to happen. Those are the main areas we are trying to change this time. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Try to get some sleep, tomorrow you will be PUPO!!!

Alicatt & Mobaby - yes, there is something to help with implantation.

It's regular over the counter "low dose aspirin" (I used the bayer brand and bought it at Walgreens).

Here is a quote I found:
Studies have shown an increase in implantation rates with low dose aspirin. It is thought to work by increasing blood flow by decreasing micro-clot formation at the implantation site and by decrease the bodies immune response to the implantation. It is used regularly in patients that have an immune disorder causing recurrent miscarriages, as well.

You would use 81 mg of Aspirin and take it daily beginning at the beginning of your cycle. It is the same dose that is used for heart disease protection and can be bought at Costco pretty inexpensively.

I'm actually already taking baby aspirin. They have asked me to take it to improve blood flow to my ovary and uterus, and I was to keep taking it through until beta. I didn't realize it helped with implantation too! Cool :thumbup:

Want- Yes, I am taking prenatal vitamins (have for 2 years now), alpha lipoic acid, l-carnitine, ubiquinol, and fish oil. I already eat healthy foods, so we're all set with that. The only thing I have to give up is coffee. I will miss it! That's why it doesn't make sense to us that we are sub-fertile (doc's term). We are super healthy! Of course, right now I am dealing with an infection due to antibiotic use, but normally, I'm healthy. ;) I've spent the last 10 days lounging or sleeping and hoping that my body will heal enough. I'm not sure when I will hear from the IVF doc, but I'm starting the BCP again on Thurs, the 15th. Fingers crossed it will all work out! I'm getting excited to get started. Reading the stories on this thread makes me even more excited!!

Want- Yes, I am taking prenatal vitamins (have for 2 years now), alpha lipoic acid, l-carnitine, ubiquinol, and fish oil. I already eat healthy foods, so we're all set with that. The only thing I have to give up is coffee. I will miss it! That's why it doesn't make sense to us that we are sub-fertile (doc's term). We are super healthy! Of course, right now I am dealing with an infection due to antibiotic use, but normally, I'm healthy. ;) I've spent the last 10 days lounging or sleeping and hoping that my body will heal enough. I'm not sure when I will hear from the IVF doc, but I'm starting the BCP again on Thurs, the 15th. Fingers crossed it will all work out! I'm getting excited to get started. Reading the stories on this thread makes me even more excited!!

Wow, it really does sound like your healthy. Try to stay stress free and calm. Don't even worry about little things. I felt so much more relaxed this time around(2nd IVF) and I think it really helped.

Btw, I heard decaf is ok, but don't over do it.

Wow, it really does sound like your healthy. Try to stay stress free and calm. Don't even worry about little things. I felt so much more relaxed this time around(2nd IVF) and I think it really helped.

Btw, I heard decaf is ok, but don't over do it.

Yes, I think I am a lot less stressed out 2nd time around. Course I'm not PUPO yet! I think I'll still be a little bonkers once ER and ET happen.

I'm still a little annoyed at the side effects I'm having with lupron, I didn't have these types of side effects with the other drugs. Here is hoping I can make it through another 13 days of this! Even after that I will continue to take a small dose of lupron to prevent pre-mature ovulation right up until ER. That isn't targeted to be until Dec 8th -11th. Maybe the other protocol was better? I just took Ganirelix for the last 6 days of stims to stop the ovulation, and I didn't have any side effects from that.

Thank you, want! I'm doing guided meditation, which I hope helps. I am a worrier, so I need to work on it. ;)

Alicatt, the only side effect I had on lupron was mood swings. It is a lot easier the second time around. I hope you get your Xmas baby!

Alicatt, the only side effect I had on lupron was mood swings. It is a lot easier the second time around. I hope you get your Xmas baby!

Here is hoping that you get a Thanksgiving baby!!! If you did the FET on Nov 5th, then 14 days puts you at the 19th, just days before Thanksgiving! :thumbup: When is your BETA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->