Ivf oct/nov/dec

congrats first!!!!! yay!! im hoping for luck as well in 3-4 more days!!!

First- that's totally exciting!! I can see it too!! Did u have any symptoms up til now

First - Yayyy!! That is a great line!! how exciting!!! :happydance:

Sweet - do you have any ICs? You could always test out the trigger that way you'll know for sure. I don't think AF can come with all the supportive meds you are on.

Wanna - great update!! I second the take it easy advice. I was told only light walking after starting stims because the ovaries are enlarged and can twist and have their blood supply cut off and become necrotic.

Mells - ok good luck with the PIO and let me know how it goes. I'm sorry you have to have ectopic worries on your mind :(. Fx crossed for Nov 30th for you! And so good you get to see Shelby again!

Michelle - great news about your E2 level! So exciting you are triggering on Monday!

Cali - Hopefully they will work with you. I think most places are pretty understanding but I know it's daunting before you tell your supervisor.

Katherine - Welcome!! I just finished my first IVF and while it was a huge roller coaster of emotions, it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You will find strength that you didn't know you have. DH and I have become even closer as a result of this as well. Lots of luck to you!

Trophy - hope the next 9 days pass quickly. Waiting is such a pain. My advice is to get some comfortable leggings or pants that you wear when your abdomen is bloated from the meds. I went up a size in everything.

AFM - still waiting for AF to show. It's so weird to go from the flurry of activity of IVF to absolutely nothing. I'm feeling about 90% back to normal though so I'm thankful for that.

First- that's totally exciting!! I can see it too!! Did u have any symptoms up til now

Just some mild cramping and little pains, but nothing really special.

Thank you, everyone. I hope everyone gets their :bfp: and we all have sticky beans!

Hi Ladies,

I jammed my finger in a car door, so I can't type. But I'm reading and "thanking" all your updates :hugs:

Finger update: DH made me a splint out of q-tips. So sweet :) Going to urgent care in the morning.

Testing update: DH even agreed that there is a second line on my 3am test!!! We are cautiously optimistic. It's 6dp5dt, so still a big chance of it not sticking. Either way, I can't sleep. We've never had a second line before. :wohoo:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=517037&d=1353234117

WOOOO HOOOOO,CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR :bfp:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited for you!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: I hope you have a H&H 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!:flower:

Hi Everyone

I have taken the plunge and joined this forum after browsing through it quite alot online, so please forgive any lack of knowledge!!!

A little bit about me: I have just turned 38 and have been trying to concieve since June 2011.

I was referred to a fertility expert in January of this year and all inital tests were fine. What they did find however is that my FSH level was high for my age at 11.6. I had my AMH done which came back at 3.1.

Decided maybe to pursue IVF privately and then thought all my prayers had been answered in April this year when I found out I was pregnant however I miscarried in May at 9+1. Devestated to say the least!!!

Have now made the decision to try IVF privately again as we have been TTC since M/C and nothing. Gonna get a first consultation in the next few weeks!!

Any advice of sharing of similar experiences/sucess stories would be greatly appreciated!!!

Welcome to the group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flower: This is a great group of girls and everyone is very supportive!!!:thumbup:

I am so very sorry for your loss!!!:hugs:

Good luck with your upcoming IVF cycle!!! I hope you get a BFP!! :dust::dust::dust:

Wanna - great update!! I second the take it easy advice. I was told only light walking after starting stims because the ovaries are enlarged and can twist and have their blood supply cut off and become necrotic.

EEEeeeeekkkk.....Wow, that sounds scary!!! I am glad you and Sweet mentioned this to me. I had no idea that this could happen. :nope:I will just keep my walking to a normal pace and just slow it down from the speed walking moving forward because I wouldn't want to harm myself.

wanna: I pretty much did exercise until the last few days of stims... My first cycle I did pretty intense workouts throughout,. I ran 11 miles on day 9 of stimms (not a great idea; the RE wasnt thrilled)...then nothing until after the tww. For 2nd cycle I did no impact workouts at all during stimms and for a while (my ovaries stayed huge with the pg and didnt go down until after d/c) and cycle 3 i had to stop workouts early on because every time i exercised I spotted and I knew that wasnt good. BUT when the ovaries get large their is an increased risk of torsion.. I think when you start to feel "bloated" is time to stop. Walking should be fine (as well as speed walking) but running, conditioning, etc probably not so good :)

EEEeeeeekkkk.....Wow, that sounds scary!!! I am glad you and Sweet mentioned this to me. I had no idea that this could happen. :nope:I will just keep my walking to a normal pace and just slow it down from the speed walking moving forward because I wouldn't want to harm myself.

I learned this during my IVF orientation and it totally freaked me out too! I'm a runner so I had planned to keep running but this scared me away. The nurse that ran my IVF orientation said that every year a few women ignore this advice and end up having this happen and emergency surgery. Sometimes they can't save the ovary even after surgery so you definitely don't want to risk it.

Thanks for the advice girls!!! :winkwink: @Mo, I used to be a runner but not so much now. I miss it though and would like to get back in running shape again in the future. I do think that since I am so close to my ER I need to slow it down some, I can imagine my ovaries are probably pretty huge right now, and getting bigger over the next couple of days. I am a little bloated but not too bad yet.

@Em, I agree that it isn't worth the risk!! :thumbup:

AFM,I am meeting my girlfriend from highschool for lunch this afternoon, and I think it will be nice to see her and visit for a little while. I haven't seen her in a while. We went to kindergarden together and graduated highschool together so we go way back!! :winkwink:

Other than that before I meet her I will be stopping by my sister's house to have her do my lovely medical injections that I love oh so much!! :haha::blush:I want to go walking this afternoon. When I go in for my appointment tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 I should have a really good idea of when the ER needs to be. I have a feeling it will be sooner than later because I can tell I am in my fertile window since I got the fertile clear cervical mucus when I whipe and that always happens during ovulation. Although now I am paranoid that I will ovulate too early before my ER can be done. However the lupron should keep my eggs in place because that is it's job. I am just being my usual worry wort thinking something will go wrong. LOL. :haha::blush:I have a feeling that my follicles will increase past the 14 that they measured in my last apointment so I am hoping for some more so I can get alot of eggs formy egg retrival. I would guess that maybe it will be like 16 to 18 in my next appointment, but I can't be sure, I just know there were alot of follies on my ovaries in the ultrasound. :thumbup: Wish me luck.:winkwink:

wanna: I "used" to be a runner until feb of this year... it took me nearly 6 weeks to recover from the D/C then I started back then I had to have surgery but everytime I tried to workout or run a couple weeks after the surgery I had no energy and couldnt do it and that lasted a good 8 weeks, then IVF started and I took it easy...so my activity level is blah now and I can tell for sure (I'm squishy and have gained 5 lbs since starting the estrogen pills!) BUT it will all be worth it very soon :)

wanna: I "used" to be a runner until feb of this year... it took me nearly 6 weeks to recover from the D/C then I started back then I had to have surgery but everytime I tried to workout or run a couple weeks after the surgery I had no energy and couldnt do it and that lasted a good 8 weeks, then IVF started and I took it easy...so my activity level is blah now and I can tell for sure (I'm squishy and have gained 5 lbs since starting the estrogen pills!) BUT it will all be worth it very soon :)

I can totally understand because I had my gall bladder out a couple of years ago and that put me out of comission for a while, and was tuff to recover from. My workouts never really got back to what they used to be. Than I had my lap and hysterscopy surgery on 08/29/12 and that slowed me down, and than onto clomid in October and now IVF. Our bodies go through so much that it is very hard not to have it affect your work out or not gain any weight. Probably the best thing we can do is eat as healthy as possible through the IVF process and hopefully through our pregnancies and do low impact work outs and we should be okay I think. :thumbup:

My sister has been lecturing me about watching my weight if I do get pregnant because of the possibility of pre eclampsyia, and diabetes which both run in my family. I am already over wieght so she was sayig to try not to gain anymore than 10 to 15 pounds during the pregnancy. I am pretty freaked out with my blood pressure being high now so I am trying to be on my best behavior right now!!!! :thumbup:

so weird... i typed this whole thing then somehow I was in another thread and my post never happened!!

Anyways, I think 10-15 lbs is almost impossible b/c baby, placenta and fluid will weigh more than that. I think 20-30 is okay to gain. my goal is 20.

so weird... i typed this whole thing then somehow I was in another thread and my post never happened!!

Anyways, I think 10-15 lbs is almost impossible b/c baby, placenta and fluid will weigh more than that. I think 20-30 is okay to gain. my goal is 20.

Yeah, I think that is reasonable and that is what I have heard for weight gain as well. I am already over weight though so I am going to need to be really careful with my weight gain and everything. :dohh: My sister has been really getting on my case though telling me about what she did for her pregnancies, getting on her soap box and everything.. blah blah... LOL:wacko:... She is also over weight and shorter than I am. She is my sister but she is more like my second mother because she took care of me alot when I was a kid so she has a tendency to get on my case alot. LOL...:dohh:

I know you've got to be sensible with weight in pregnancy, but I don't care how much I gain, as long as baby(ies) is happy and healthy - oh, and I don't look like a bus of course :haha:

I'm fairly small and gained around 7lbs from IVF, which I was told was normal, have lost about 4lbs of that now so it's coming off, but like I say during pregnancy i'll gain, so i'm not too bothered about losing that :thumbup:

I say, don't worry and enjoy it!

thats me also! I told DH I dont care if I get big and fat as long as I get a cute little baby at the end :) thats what maternity leave is for! Working it off, LOL :)

Ughhh I had more AF cramps last night. Couldn't sleep was googling everything. I just have a bad feeling. Plus this is AF routine and she is suppose to be here in 4 days. Perfect timing

Ughhh I had more AF cramps last night. Couldn't sleep was googling everything. I just have a bad feeling. Plus this is AF routine and she is suppose to be here in 4 days. Perfect timing

AF and pregnancy symptoms are so similar hun, it's such a pain. I'm pretty sure the meds you're taking will prevent AF from coming? at least that's what my FS said?

Try not to stress, easy said than done I know believe me I know, but too much stress isn't going to help. :hugs:

First, huge congrats! A digi should pick it up. I did mine at 6dp5dt and it said "pregnant"

Welcome Katherine :hi:

Sweet, cramping can also be a good sign. Don't count yourself out yet.

Mo & wanna, it's great you are both trying to stay healthy. I wasn't told anything about exercise. I'm not a runner or anything bit I do try to eat healthy. I did gain about 5 lbs during my fresh cycle but nothing on my frozen.

Michelle, I'm so glad your numbers went up. It sounds like you are going to have a nice amount of follies.

Mells, keeping my fx for you. These are the longest weeks ever.

EM, I hope she shows up soon so you can get started.

JDH, I can't wait for Wednesday. I saw the movie and I loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->