Ivf oct/nov/dec

@Tcmc, I am glad your injection went well. The HCG trigger will be my last injection as well!! :thumbup: After the ER I will be doing vaginal progesterone cream inserts, along with estraidol pills that get inserted vaginally and I will be taking an oral baby aspirin as well, so I think things will get easier once we survive the ER!!! :thumbup:

So I just checked my lab results for my estrogen and it was at 5,303!!!! Woah!!! Is that too high? Does anyone know?? :shrug:

Wanna - mine was around that and i was at risk for OHSS but all you can really do it drink a lot of gatorade/pedialite (sp?) and eat lots of protein ... eggs, chicken, etc. My doctor also put me on dostinex to ward of OHSS ... so idk if you maybe want to bring that up to your doctor but best of luck!

Wanna - mine was around that and i was at risk for OHSS but all you can really do it drink a lot of gatorade/pedialite (sp?) and eat lots of protein ... eggs, chicken, etc. My doctor also put me on dostinex to ward of OHSS ... so idk if you maybe want to bring that up to your doctor but best of luck!

Eeeeekkkk..... Thanks, I might give the DR's office a call tomorrow and see if they feel like the estrogen level is a problem or not. I have been drinking gatorade and drinking alot of water. I have also been eating a good amount of protein so hopefully that will ward off the OHSS!!!

Mobaby & JDH - Congrat's girls! Happy & healthy 9 months to both of you!

Tcmc - Good Luck on Wed! Funny coincidence about your doc. I hope it brings you luck! :dust:

Wanna - Good Luck on Wed girl! :dust:

Lucie - Glad everything went ok and looks good! :dust:

Sweet - Everyone is different in terms of symptoms. You are PUPO girl, and everything is looking good right now. I could mail you a pregnancy test but you probably won't want to wait that long. How many days has it been since your ET? Btw, my breasts being sore didn't start until after beta test. :dust:

Hold - MIA for a week? How many pages did you have to catch up on, like 60 right? Lol

wanna: that is high. Here is a great journal article: https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/6/1140.full

I do think you are at risk espically since your e2 will be much higher at retrieval, so make sure you are staying hydrated and doing what ash said. call your doctor and discuss it tomorrow. If any signs of ohss, then i would postpone the transfer because it can affect implantation and make you even sicker if they do. But I think you will do fine :)

:dance: Congratulations, Mo and JDH!!! 2 BFPs at once! This is crazy!

Sweetness- I bet your is a :bfp: as well!

tcmc- I bet the Dr wouldn't do the procedure without anesthesia if it was a problem. Morphine makes me loopy, I bet you won't care what's happening. :hugs:

Wanna- I hope everything is ok. I know nothing about what our levels are supposed to be, so I can't help there. I feel like my Dr tells me the bare minimum information. Of course, I'm not asking about everything either.

Ash- I'm so glad to see you back on here. I hope the next cycle is your BFP. You certainly deserve it. :hug:

AFM- I went to the Dr for my baseline u/s today and for the first time in 2 years and what seems like 100 ultrasounds, I have a cyst! I was so bummed. Dr. has me adding another shot to stop it from growing and hopefully it doesn't delay the cycle. So I start Lupron on Friday and do one ganarelix (sp?) on Sat. This was a rough morning because DH could not go with me. Little things were really getting to me. I was in traffic for an hour (not unusual for Honolulu, but still crappy), Dr was kinda rough/rushed with my u/s and a culture that the lab forgot to do so I had to re-do, the nurse forgot to show me how to do the belly injection for the ganarelix, and then we both forgot that I needed more BCP and a sharps container. So I left the office, went to the lab, went back to the office to ask for BCP Rx and container, then went to the pharmacy and finally left about 2 hours after my appt time. It was just overwhelming. I never did find out how to do the belly injection. I'll call the nurse later. :dohh:

lotus that sounds like an exhausting day!! sorry about the cyst!! UGH!! why do our bodies do things like that to us??

the belly injection is super simple. Just find a little belly fat to the left or right of belly button, maybe an inch or so, and clean it, squeeze it up, then inject the medicine into the spot at 90deg angle. Then once its in, let skin go and take needle out :)

Great news wanna! I hope you have tons of eggs on Wednesday. So did you end up taking your meds today? I know you were going to call the clinic and find out. Is your Dr doing a 3 or 5 day transfer?

Thanks Happy!!:flower:

I called the nurse line this morning before the appointment and explained my situation and she told me to go ahead and do my injections, so I did my normal injections at my standard time of 12 before I went in for my apointment.

I ended up wasting $278 bucks for a 300 Gonal F pen that I didn't end up needing for injections tomorrow and I have one 75 vial of Menopur left over as well. Today was day 9 of stimulating meds. I didn't have a choice though because I had no way to know if I was going to need more meds or not and if I didn't order them before today than they wouldn't of arrived on time. :dohh: I won't have any more injections for stims moving forward though, just my trigger tonight.

My clinic does 3 day and 5 day transfers, it all just depends on how many embryos I have and how they are growing. If they look good and there is a good amount of them than they will go to day 5, but if they look like they aren't doing so well, he will only go to day 3. So time will tell. :thumbup:

Well I hope they all grow nicely and you get your 5dt. Did you prepare yourself with some hpt's?

lotus that sounds like an exhausting day!! sorry about the cyst!! UGH!! why do our bodies do things like that to us??

the belly injection is super simple. Just fine a little belly fat to the left or right of belly button, maybe an inch of so, and clean it, squeeze it up, then inject the medicine into the spot at 90deg angle. Then once its in, let skin go and take needle out :)

Thank you so much for the belly injection lesson. Do you stand or sit while you do the injection?

I usually stand (helps me brace for it!), but you could sit. Either way is fine. And belly shots dont really hurt at all (Except menopur :))

Mo, I love the ticker!

Lotus, I'm sorry about the cyst.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

wanna: that is high. Here is a great journal article: https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/6/1140.full

I do think you are at risk espically since your e2 will be much higher at retrieval, so make sure you are staying hydrated and doing what ash said. call your doctor and discuss it tomorrow. If any signs of ohss, then i would postpone the transfer because it can affect implantation and make you even sicker if they do. But I think you will do fine :)

Thanks for the article!!:thumbup: Although now I am feeling kind of freaked out! It looks like me doing the HCG trigger tonight is going to make things even worse!! EEEeekkkk... ugghhh.... :wacko: It looks like injecting HCG just adds to the chances of developing OHSS even more.:wacko::wacko:

@Lotus, i am sorry about the cyst and that today was such a ruff day. Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope the cyst stays small and doesn't cause any problems with your IVF cycle moving foward. You tube is a great resource for learning how to do injections. I used it to figure out my injections. :thumbup:

Great news wanna! I hope you have tons of eggs on Wednesday. So did you end up taking your meds today? I know you were going to call the clinic and find out. Is your Dr doing a 3 or 5 day transfer?

Thanks Happy!!:flower:

I called the nurse line this morning before the appointment and explained my situation and she told me to go ahead and do my injections, so I did my normal injections at my standard time of 12 before I went in for my apointment.

I ended up wasting $278 bucks for a 300 Gonal F pen that I didn't end up needing for injections tomorrow and I have one 75 vial of Menopur left over as well. Today was day 9 of stimulating meds. I didn't have a choice though because I had no way to know if I was going to need more meds or not and if I didn't order them before today than they wouldn't of arrived on time. :dohh: I won't have any more injections for stims moving forward though, just my trigger tonight.

My clinic does 3 day and 5 day transfers, it all just depends on how many embryos I have and how they are growing. If they look good and there is a good amount of them than they will go to day 5, but if they look like they aren't doing so well, he will only go to day 3. So time will tell. :thumbup:

Well I hope they all grow nicely and you get your 5dt. Did you prepare yourself with some hpt's?
Thanks hun!! :flower:

I have some left over IC's from last months cycle, a few dollar store tests, a couple of midsteam ones and one Answer test strip one. However I might buy some more, maybe some FRER!!!:thumbup:

So, I am kind of annoyed because I am realizing that I didn't need to do any of my injections for today for Stims, lupron, gonal F and the menopur. I am sure it contributed to my estrogen level going through the roof today. But when I called the nurse line at my DR's office she said to go ahead and do my injections like normal. :dohh:

Do you girls think it will affect anything? Today is day 9 of stims meds and I do my trigger tonight at midnight. I wont do anymore injections after this though. I am assuming that it will just make my follicles bigger and maybe a few more eggs, but I dont think it will do anything to harm my eggs for the ER though?? :shrug: I m just feeling so paranoid worrying something will go wrong... :wacko::wacko:

On a more positive note they posted my endometrium lining thickness of my uterus on the lab results and it measured at 10.2 in my last appointment and the nurse said that was good so I think everything is looking good so far. :thumbup:

So, I am kind of annoyed because I am realizing that I didn't need to do any of my injections for today for Stims, lupron, gonal F and the menopur. I am sure it contributed to my estrogen level going through the roof today. But when I called the nurse line at my DR's office she said to go ahead and do my injections like normal. :dohh:

Do you girls think it will affect anything? Today is day 9 of stims meds and I do my trigger tonight at midnight. I wont do anymore injections after this though. I am assuming that it will just make my follicles bigger and maybe a few more eggs, but I dont think it will do anything to harm my eggs for the ER though?? :shrug: I m just feeling so paranoid worrying something will go wrong... :wacko::wacko:

On a more positive note they posted my endometrium lining thickness of my uterus on the lab results and it measured at 10.2 in my last appointment and the nurse said that was good so I think everything is looking good so far. :thumbup:

Wanna - I did all of my meds as usual the day of trigger. If that is what she told you to do, then I'm sure you did the right thing! Don't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->