IVF October/November ???

Congrats Babylights! I drank pure pomegranate juice every day of my FET - it is supposed to improve your lining. RE said it looked “gorgeous” - not sure if it made a difference but I’ll take it! I mixed it with coconut water and regular water as it’s very concentrated. I also ate organic eggs, avocado, Brazil nuts, walnuts, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds most days ...read that these are all beneficial (I usually mixed up the seeds and nuts in my oatmeal). My RE had me on baby aspirin, 200 IU vitamin D, a prescription prenatal and a prescription folic acid + b vitamin. They recommended I keep taking my coq10 ubiquinol and I chose to keep taking omega 3 fish oil which they said was fine. I started eating pineapple core a couple of days before transfer and am continuing it for a few more days. I also went for a lot of brisk walks to keep up good blood flow. Who knows if this worked ...still too early to tell!

Excited for you!

Yay Babylights! Ask, thats a lot of healthy things that I probably should be doing! haha I'm 10 days from transfer and so far I havent done anything other than limit my caffeine and cut out alcohol. I tried everything under the sun while trying naturally and doing IUI's: pineapple, acupuncture, organic, running, not running... It was kind of stressful for me and all ended in failure obviously. Now that I've found this doctor and she's discovered all these treatable things that were preventing me from getting pregnant, I've decided that diet/exercise/natural remedies are great if I feel like it, but not necessary for me and shouldnt add stress. Relaxation is my main plan of attack for this (and prayer). Still, kudos to Ask for being in optimal shape!! :thumbup: My doc has me on 5000 IU Vitamin D daily, baby aspirin, prenatal, and metformin (for PCOS). I'm doing acupuncture in-office before transfer at my doc's recommendation. Good luck!!

I'm curious about the genders, are you going to pick or let it be a surprise? We didnt do genetic testing so that's not an option for us.

Babylights, that's great!! You're on your way. FET's are sooo much easier to go through.

Ask, your list brought back memories of my fresh cycle. I did all of the things. I don't do them anymore. Partially because I don't have the energy anymore, partially because my doctor didn't seem to think that they mattered much, and partially because I feel like preparing my body for FET is a much simpler feat than preparing my body to produce good eggs (I don't know if that's actually true, but it makes sense in my mind).

These days, my only real change is that I've cut way back on caffeine and alcohol. I'm also being careful to mostly avoid dairy because when I have too much dairy, I get a weird itchy skin response, and I figure that if I'm having obvious inflammation on my skin, then my insides are probably not optimal either. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my usual eating habits (which are pretty healthy) and not adding supplements beyond my prescribed aspirin and folic acid. When you and Emily both mentioned vitamin D, though, I started thinking that maybe I should do that too, because I've always been pretty D-deficient when I've been tested. So I'll add that in. :)

I did the same while stimming. I like all of those things so it was easy for me (except Brazil nuts...gotta chase those with something)! They probably don’t make a difference with a medicated FET since everything is controlled by the meds but this is my first IVF / FET rodeo so I’m throwing in the kitchen sink! :haha:

Earlier I felt AF like cramps but only for like an hour or less and now I’ve had this radiating dull pain down the front of my leg. Anyone have this before a bfp? I know symptom spotting is useless but I can’t help myself. :wacko:

ask - I had cramps that started approximately 4 days from transfer. They stayed throughout pregnancy but weren't as often later on. Fingers crossed! How many dpt are you? Good luck!

Good luck to those that are PUPO!!

And good luck to those that are going to be doing your egg retrievals soon!

I know I had cramps this last time around 3-4dpt and kept coming, at times they felt like AF cramps but ended up being BFP!

Babylights, I'm so happy you got two healthy embies and are getting ready for your FET.

Ask, I read your diary about the embryo "switch-up", wow! Glad everything worked out in the end though. Can you imagine if you didn't ask and they transferred the boy and you wouldn't have known up until a 20-week scan or after birth? Quite the surprise lol.

What's going on with everyone else?

AFM, 23 follicles retrieved, 13 mature and all fertilized. Today's report (Day 2) shows all of them are still alive and growing, 8 with 1-2 cells and 5 with 2-4 cells. Excited to see what'll happen over the next couple of days :)

Congrats Sunny! That’s great news! 100% fertilization is awesome! How are you feeling?

Yes it was a whirlwind! I thought the same exact thing...what if I hadn’t asked?! It’s not that we don’t want a boy but since we had a choice we wanted to transfer the girl first. Glad it all worked out in the end!

Thanks for the encouragement, sweetness! This 2WW is pure torture!

Sooo I caved and tested after 1 hour hold (after resisting with FMU) and got squinters with wondfo and FRER! I’ve taken hundreds of these tests so I know this is real! Baby girl implanted! It’s so early - I’m barely 4dp5dt since transfer was in late afternoon. I’m pregnant! :yipee:

Ask - congratulations!!!! Pics? I loooove seeing that second line. I got my positive wth my kiddos on 3dp5dt so it definitely is possible. Do you know what her grade was?

Thanks Ash! The lines are super faint but def there and showed up within minutes. She was a day 5 4BB.

Thanks Babylights! Here are pics. They are def squinters and hard to see but they are there! The top wondfo was 2 days ago, bottom today.

Attachments

• D86D3D5E-5F06-485E-ADD5-69550F43F7FB.jpg
    D86D3D5E-5F06-485E-ADD5-69550F43F7FB.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 3083C477-0813-41EE-8F54-669CD330274D.jpg
    3083C477-0813-41EE-8F54-669CD330274D.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
Those are great lines! I could see them right away :D yay!! Such great news and right before Christmas. Woohoo :happydance:

Yay! Thank you! I took one more wondfo and it was definitely darker than the first one I took today! Best Christmas present ever!

Woahhhhhh Ask! That's awesome! I'm so excited for you.

Congrats!!!

Thanks Amy! I took another wondfo about an hour or two after the first (cuz I’m crazy like that) and it was much clearer. Yay!

Attachments

• CD07E545-276F-4AC0-BB81-FD21D1F8DD8A.jpg
    CD07E545-276F-4AC0-BB81-FD21D1F8DD8A.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4