IVF October/November ???

Omg Ask I just got teary reading your good news!!!! I’m so so happy for you!!! :happydance::happydance::hugs: Early testing for the win! haha

Aw thank you, Emily! My lines are progressively getting darker so I’m starting to relax a bit! I suck at being patient but this time it worked out! :)

How is everyone doing?

Attachments

• DF590B97-E1D7-4392-9884-B5F0C5CED5F9.jpg
    DF590B97-E1D7-4392-9884-B5F0C5CED5F9.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 14
Aw thank you, Emily! My lines are progressively getting darker so I’m starting to relax a bit! I suck at being patient but this time it worked out! :)

How is everyone doing?

Great progression pics!!!

OMG Ask :D :D :D That's an amazing line. Congrats girl, you're pregnant!!!!

Thank you Sunny and sweetness! Darker yet this morning! After 3 CPs I’m kinda being a freak (as DH likes to call me lol) with watching the line progress but it makes me feel better!

Ask- I was taking like 2 a day :) I even took one when I was like 6 weeks preg and the line was way darker then the control!

Ask, you have earned the right to be a freak about this. :)

Nothing new with me - started Lupron last week. My suppression check is the 20th, and if I pass that, then I'll be more excited about the next steps!

Haha thanks Sweetness and Amy!

Amy - good luck with the Lupron and suppression!

Since there is a national shortage of progesterone in sesame oil I have to switch to progesterone in ethyl oleate (a different kind of oil) until the shortage is over. Unfortunately my insurance might not cover this other kind and it’s $75/vial. One vial lasts me 5 days. I have 3.5 vials of the original stuff left and the shortage should be over by January so hopefully I won’t need to buy more than 2 vials. Ugh the expenses for just making a baby never end! Worth every penny though!

Hi guys! Is it ok to tag along on here and there doesn't seem to have any December thread's?

Welcome Mrs. H! What are your next steps?

I had my pre-transfer check up yesterday. My lining was 7.5 mm so they are continuing me as planned for transfer on Monday :thumbup: they also did an intralipid infusion on me yesterday, where I found out I'll have to continue that periodically until week 24... ugh. One more thing that makes this pregnancy not the natural drug-free one I wanted. Its for my elevated natural killer cell numbers, which is completely controversial if you look it up. Luckily I have a doctor I really trust. Anyone else have NK cell issues? This week is going by verrrryyyy slllloooowwwwllyyyy

Hi Emily, that's a lot to contend with there. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible for you. I actually have Egg Collection in the morning so for now the end is near.

Emily - exciting that your transfer is coming up! I’m sorry that there is another thing to add to your plate. How often will you need to do the intralipid infusion and what all is involved with that? Are you starting PIO soon? Glad you feel comfortable with your doc and can trust he/she is making the best decisions for you.

Mrs. H - good luck with your retrieval tomorrow!

Thanks Ask, I'm very impatient. Do you guys ever think about baby names to pass the time? It helps me. The infusions are every two weeks until week 12 and then monthly... takes about 45 minutes. No side effects though! That's rare with this stuff lol

MrsH I'm glad you're almost done stimming!! That was a crappy week of hormones! Let us know how it goes!

I totally have a list of names on my phone that I’m constantly adding to / editing and running by DH. Just found out one of our top 2-3 girl names was in the top 20-30ish last year...not sure how I feel about that. :(

Ha! I was considering a top 10 name! Decided against it, but 20 or 30 is totally fine by me! :) I say go for it! My name was 19th the year I was born and I never met another Emily until middle school. But there were 3 Jenna's in my elementary class and that was ranked 57! :shrug: I guess there's a little luck of the draw in there?

I love your name and it is on my list! I actually like a lot of fairly common girl names but was surprised the one we were thinking of was so popular when I looked it up!

Hi MrsH! A few of us on this thread still have yet to have our transfers, so you're in good company here. Good luck with your retrieval!

Emily, I haven't heard of all of that! Crazy. Just add it to the long list of annoying/expensive/inconvenient things that will be worth it in the end.

Sunny - I checked out your blog to see if you had any updates. Congrats on being PUPO! And your blog is awesome.

With my son's cycle, I was pretty good about not going crazy with baby names until I got my positive result. And then the instant I saw that faint line, I was googling names and pestering my husband 24/7, like we needed to pick out a name that week. This time around, we have a girl name picked out (because we picked it last time and then had a boy), but we have zero boy name prospects. As for the popular-name dilemma, it was important to us to pick uncommon names. Anything in the top 50 was pretty much out. And then right after we named our son, his name started rising in popularity, and now we've met several babies with his name and there is another kid in his preschool class with the same name! (I'd rather not put it here, but it's one of those old-man-names that's totally cute on little boys.)

Exactly Amy! You never know which names are going to rise in popularity. My SIL thought she was giving my 2 year niece a semi-original name and now it’s in the top 10. I found a site that tells you a name’s popularity over the last several years - I’ll see if I can find it again. The girl name I like went from 60-something a couple of years ago to 20-something this year. Boo!

Yay Sunny! Congrats on being PUPO!

Hi girls!

I have been terrible on this thread (although I do speak to Sunny and Ask elsewhere) but as Amy said a few are still waiting for transfers, I thought I would come back in!

I have been following along, and a lot of my questions during my IVF cycle seemed to get answered without even asking them!

I had my egg retrieval on Monday 27th and they retrieved 36 eggs. I’m doing an egg share, so we got 18 and my recipient got 18. Because over 30 were retrieved, the clinic automatically freeze all, so we were slightly disappointed about that because we had transfer and test dates planned, and knew we would find out this side of Christmas. But c’est la vie! Apparently that was the least of our worries, as on that Thursday I ended up in A&E at 4am and was admitted to hospital for 6 days. In short, it was absolute hell (though there is fun long version of the story in my journal :haha:). Eventually at 11pm on the Friday night, I had an emergency stomach drain stitched in which got rid of 6 litres of fluid. Not pleasant.

Recovering well now though, and we have since had a follow up with our clinic and should be on track for a FET around Jan/Feb time. I knew I was probably going to get mild OHSS as I have a ridiculous AMH of 153, and throughout stims we could see loads of follies, even on the lowest dose, but to develop such a dangerous severe form like that was not something we ever expected. Needless to say, hubby and I will never go through that part of IVF again, I think it would probably be quite a reckless thing to do. But we had 15 of our 18 eggs fertilise, so have 15 day 1s on ice. It seems they do the opposite to many clinics, and start culturing them to blastocyst stage after thawing. They will probably thaw about 5 at a time, and any extras that make it to day 5 can be frozen again which is good to know.

So the limbo continues, but I know a lot of you have gone through/are going through that yourselves!

My opinion on names is if you love it, you love it! We’ve had our names picked out for years, and they’re fairly common, but I couldn’t imagine calling our children anything else now. When I was born, I don’t think Stephanie was particularly common, but it ended up being the most popular name in my year group at school with 4 of us having it!

Hi Steph! Wow that's a lot of eggs and SOOO kind of you to donate them!!! Wow. It sounds like you've been through hell though! I'm sorry. You seem in good spirits which is great to hear :) I hope you enjoy the lull in your cycle over the holidays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->