IVF October/November ???

Glad you are on the mend, Steph! That is interesting that your clinic freezes on day 1. I think I’d go crazy having to wait so long to find out how many blasts we had! But I get the feeling you are a bit more patient than me!

First beta was yesterday and hcg was 76. I expected it to be a bit higher, honestly. My nurse said anything over 60 is good but I can’t help but compare to others who had higher hcg at 14dpo. But I keep telling myself that it’s still a good number and really I was more like 13dpo yesterday since transfer was in the late afternoon and blood draw was in the morning. Lol. I go back tomorrow morning. FX!

Steph, that's very interesting about cultivating them that way. I wonder why, hadn't heard of that before. When will they start the first 5? A couple days before transfer?

Ask, do the lines still get darker? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Hope your beta tomorrow shows it's doubling nicely!

Emily, wow intralipids huh! The things we do to get pregnant :D Just a few more days until you're PUPO!

MrsHowley, How did EC go? Are you doing a fresh transfer?

Amy, thanks :D What's your timeline going to be like if you pass the suppression check?

AFM, 3dp5dt and we're back home in the States :) There's nothing like coming home after a long trip, can't tell you how much I missed sleeping in our own bed lol.

It went well thanks Sunny. I had 8 eggs retrieved and 7 were injected and 4 fertilised, so yes I will be having a 3 or 5 day transfer. I think it will likely be 3 day as I will have 2 transferred.

Congrats MrsH! So transfer could be tomorrow? Or Saturday? So exciting!

Yay for being 3dp5dt, Sunny! Are you going to test early? Yes my tests keep getting darker...I think they are close to being max darkness, so that is encouraging!

Attachments

• AE614E76-FF09-464C-BD42-3918DC68265C.jpg
    AE614E76-FF09-464C-BD42-3918DC68265C.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 12
Ask your lines look great, no worries :) Can you make yourself stop testing? Understandable if you cant, but it might help your fears? Youre pregnant!

Thanks Emily. I must stop! My husband is quite annoyed with me lol. He keeps explaining the chemistry of a pregnancy test. I’m like, “but you don’t understand...!” I might need to have him hide the rest!

Hi Ask!! I'm a POAS addict too my last pregnancy I took 44 tests. They only do 3 day and 5 day transfers at my clinic, I've made 5 day before with 4 embryos and my last IVF I made it to day 3 with 2 embryos, so it could easily be either, but I'm having 2 put back so it could likely be Saturday, which would work out better, then I won't need a day off work. But Monday would be good too which means they've made it to Blastocyst.

Good to know I’m not alone, MrsH! :) Keep us posted re your transfer! So soon!

Ask, congrats! It's official. Hopefully after the second test, you'll feel more at ease.

Steph, that's crazy! I had moderate OHSS and had to be drained once... it's so scary. I'm so glad you froze all. I'll never do another fresh cycle either. That can stay firmly in the past. Your FET will be a piece of cake in comparison.

Sunny, welcome home! My timeline, if I pass the suppression check, will be a January 10 transfer. Right around the corner.

MrsH that 44 tests bit made me laugh- I do think Ask might take the crown from you though! Best of luck for your transfer, what a December this could be for you :hugs:

Ask, your lines are looking so good, I get so excited whenever I see them! I’m not sure I’m more patient than you at all :haha: just one of those situations that is so far out of my control!

Sunny, agreed, there is nothing like being back at home. Especially when you’ve gone from freezing Europe to sunny Florida... not that I’m at all bitter about that. Just lying here shivering and listening to the rain...

Amy, I’m glad I’m not the only one who wouldn’t do a fresh cycle, I did think to myself ‘am I being over the top and dramatic?’ But then I speak to my husband and he reminds me how ill I was and I quickly stop thinking like that! I think my friends and family would kill me if I did anyway.

Emily, thank you! Egg share is *fairly* common over here, as it is a way of helping somebody out if you have a ridiculous amount of eggs, as well as reducing costs of treatment. You obviously have to meet a lot of criteria beforehand and it is anonymous. As the donor I am entitled to find out if a pregnancy occurred and then whether that resulted in a live birth. I think lots of people choose not to find out, but I definitely will. We had a post-hospital follow up with our clinic on Monday, which should have been our test date if we had transferred, and the doctor told me that my recipient had lots of embryos make it to blast stage and that she had two transferred, so he was really happy with my egg quality which of course bodes well for our frozen embryos. I am just so excited for her!!! I may have missed it when you’ve said before, but when you transfer Emily?

Thanks Steph, I transfer Monday!! I am being so impatient about this. Its just been soooo long wanting something. I had a sign though, if you believe in signs. Two nights ago I woke up wide awake at 3:30 am. Anyone who knows me knows that in itself is a miracle lol I was surfing my phone and saw that it was the meteor shower day! So I went outside at 4 am and watched the shooting stars. They were little and pretty. In the middle of a "is this finally it?" prayer there was the biggest shooting star I've ever seen. It went straight over my head in the direction I was facing and left a tail in the sky. :happydance: I'm afraid that only made me more impatient lol but I feel very good about Monday. No fear.

Also speaking of baby names, we were considering the name Natalie. I looked it up the other day, and it means "Christmas Day" which is the day we've known since the beginning of IVF is the day we can test for a BFP! Needless to say if this is our time, the baby will be a Natalie :hugs:

Wow that gave me goosebumps, Emily! I love that. 2 days before my transfer I noticed my tea bags had little inspirations written on them. It said something like, “A strong trunk grows from a tiny seed”. I saw that as a premonition! I love the name Natalie. One of my best friends just had a baby last May via IVF and named her Natalie. So pretty and goes so well with Emily!

Emily, I agree with Ask, Natalie is a lovely name and will be so perfect for your Christmas BFP. Aaah the shooting star story is wonderful, I love signs like that :hugs: And it’s so lovely to hear that you’re feeling great about the transfer, that can only be a good thing.

Emily, that's the best story! And I love the name Natalie!

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I could imagine a really cute baby room with a shooting star theme... :)

Yes Amy! Forgot to update here! 76 to 250 in 48 hours! Woot woot!

steph omg so scary but so so glad you’re doing better now!

sunny welcome home! When do you test?

MrsH good luck with transfer!!

emily that story seriously gave me goosebumps, hoping so hard for you!!

ask congrats again, what a great rise!!

afm we’re looking at a 2/7 transfer date, which is also my birthday *gulp*. We’re electing to do the Receptiva testing which tests for the beta-3 integrin protein as well as the BCL6 marker for endo. It’s not something that’s offered automatically or even something my dr. brought up, but with four chemicals and just four embryos, I’d just feel better if we gave ourselves the best shot for success. Having so much anxiety lately, I’m simultaneously dreading and impatiently awaiting transfer.

Thanks everyone!! Amy I LOVE that idea for a nursery!! You're brilliant!

Ask I'm so glad you're numbers are still looking so good! You're on your way now!!

Babylights I'm so sorry you're having anxiety. Its completely understandable- a very nerve racking time for sure! I really do think we're all getting much closer to our dream though. Have hope <3

We did the transfer yesterday. Everything went well. I'm PUPO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->