IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

disney - awesome news on the thyroid!

amanda - congrats on being PUPO!

ttc - hooray for a date!!!

C&J - I hear you loud and clear on having to figure out the $$ part of things. Ugh, it's such a shame.

Hi to everyone else!!

afm - ok, has anyone ever heard of this? My RE nurse certainly hasn't in the year she's been there, so I'm just fully an idiot. I was supposed to start my Lupron microdoses yesterday ONLY and then include Gonal-F this coming Saturday. Well I was so used to doing Menopur and Gonal-F at the same time the last 2 cycles, I did them both yesterday. I think the Lupron is supposed to suppress while the Gonal is a stim, so I'm HOPING they just cancel each other out!! But I am waiting for the call from the office to see if I screwed up the entire cycle. I just wasn't thinking and was on autopilot - more worried about doing the shots right with the new protocol vs what calendar I was supposed to be on. UGH! I'm so mad!

Hang in there, honest mistake and it was only a day, I Hope they wouldn't cancel the whole cycle just for that

I haven't yet read up entirely on everyone's stories; but hoping I can join the November/December band wagon! This is my first IVF cycle (and hopefully first pregnancy); and I'm definitely finding it most helpful hearing others stories!
I'm currently on Provera to bring on a bleed so I can actually start my cycle - but I still have 5 days left of that. Then I guess I have to hope the bleed doesn't take too long to kick in too! I've heard some long wait stories! I picked up my drugs yesterday though - so all ready to go when it all starts :)

welcome K.N

C&J - I might try tescos next time, my clinic was really expensive as well. Good tip! Hope at least 1 embie survives the thaw, when will it happen, just before transfer?

They take our embryos out the night before scheduled transfer and we normally get a call by 10am the morning of the transfer telling us how many survived and what time to get to the clinic.
All feels so final this really is it if this doesnt work then we have to accept no more children and start moving on with life.
Only 4 days till the appointment now!

Hazel - Wow your mock cycle sounds awful, you poor thing. I cant believe that your re acted like that? Has he suggested why he thinks you were in so much pain? I know you wont want to delay but it might be a good idea to have the checks they suggest before you procedd incase there is something wrong which is causing the pain and might hinder your chances during the ivf. I know this must be really tough for you, I hope it gets sorted quickly.

Disney - brilliant news on your results!

C&J - Fingers crossed for you!

Wish - easily made mistake with all the stuff we have to remember when cyclng hun. What have your clinic said?

Hello to everyone else!! My cycle will finally be starting soon, so excited!! x

Can I join in? I haven't started yet but my cycles are 25-53 days, we are exploring this route. I'm kind of stalking this thread for now but i'm really interested in your guys's experience.

Hazel - Wow your mock cycle sounds awful, you poor thing. I cant believe that your re acted like that? Has he suggested why he thinks you were in so much pain? I know you wont want to delay but it might be a good idea to have the checks they suggest before you procedd incase there is something wrong which is causing the pain and might hinder your chances during the ivf. I know this must be really tough for you, I hope it gets sorted quickly.

Disney - brilliant news on your results!

C&J - Fingers crossed for you!

Wish - easily made mistake with all the stuff we have to remember when cyclng hun. What have your clinic said?

Hello to everyone else!! My cycle will finally be starting soon, so excited!! x

Mrs W - I would like to find out to I'm waiting on the call, I don't think there's anything wrong I just had a pap and I have them yearly. I just hope I can bear through I just think I'm really sensitive , but I will do the Hysterscopy. :dohh:

:hi: ladies, I'm cd8 and day four of prognova and nasal spray, I'm still spotting, it's brown so old blood but is that normal?
Only worried as prognova is meant to be building my lining up and blood is associated with your lining shredding right?

Sorry for personals just passing through quickly as out and on my phone :hugs:

Hi ladies, if it's alright I'd like to join the discussion :flower: I'm on day 6 of my first IVF cycle and on a low-dose Follistim+Menopur 150/75 because I have pcos. I also take heparin twice a day because of thrombophilia, and a mess of pills. I've done acupuncture for over a year trying to get preggo without ivf but even still sticking myself with the needles really freaked me out for the first couple days and I still find my hands shaking as I prepare the menopur. I have my first follicle count Tuesday the 10th and hoping for ER on Saturday the 14th. I've been following this thread for a little while and think it's great that many of us are in the same stages or have past experiences we can share to help support each other.

Hi ladies, if it's alright I'd like to join the discussion :flower: I'm on day 6 of my first IVF cycle and on a low-dose Follistim+Menopur 150/75 because I have pcos. I also take heparin twice a day because of thrombophilia, and a mess of pills. I've done acupuncture for over a year trying to get preggo without ivf but even still sticking myself with the needles really freaked me out for the first couple days and I still find my hands shaking as I prepare the menopur. I have my first follicle count Tuesday the 10th and hoping for ER on Saturday the 14th. I've been following this thread for a little while and think it's great that many of us are in the same stages or have past experiences we can share to help support each other.

Kuawen Welcome hope you have plenty of ripe juicy follies:happydance:

hi girls! welcome to the newbies! ask any question you want - we're here for you. Good luck to you both!

so my office didn't cancel my protocol, thank god. DH had to mail down Gonal-F to me, as I had actually left that morning for a visit to my family in NC. I had only brought enough to actually continue with the same protocol and start the Gonal on that Saturday. But they said to just continue how I was going.
so I had my first scan this morning and we have 5 follicles - 4 more than last month!! And it's still early so I'm hoping a few more pop up. My lining was only 4 but I am still finishing out my 'extra AF' that you get at the beginning of each cycle after BCP.

I have to read back but what's going on for everyone this week? any retrievals or transfers? tests??

Morning ladies. I know I was in the convo somewhere, but I lost my place.

Good luck to the transfers coming up!!!!!

Mine is in 8 more days! I can't wait!!!!

Just a little update My HSG is scheduled for 11-20 I'm not concerned I had one before and my tubes were open I just have to bear through another bc I'm going through IVF. I just got off the phone with the nurse I'm still on for Nov/Dec IVF yay the lord is good! I will have my schedule in the next couple days and she's ordering my Meds ! I'm so excited to be starting. I'm still taking the bcps and she said they will call and tell me when to stop. How's everyone else?

Just a little update My HSG is scheduled for 11-20 I'm not concerned I had one before and my tubes were open I just have to bear through another bc I'm going through IVF. I just got off the phone with the nurse I'm still on for Nov/Dec IVF yay the lord is good! I will have my schedule in the next couple days and she's ordering my Meds ! I'm so excited to be starting. I'm still taking the bcps and she said they will call and tell me when to stop. How's everyone else?

I also had random glucose-92
2hr-114
You know us PCOS ladies have to get this checked but I'm non insulin resistant I guess I just make a lot of eggies and for get to release them sometimes lol

Kuawen how did your appt go??

So today we went to the clinic so we could sign the paper work for our treatment and so I could have my pipelle (endometrial scratch). Was a bit of a nightmare, first he scans me and tells me I have a 3cm cyst on one ovary and my remaining tube has hydrosalphinx (fluid in). Then when it comes to the procedure he cant get past my cervix which is firmly closed so he had to clamp it open using a pair of forceps. 30 minutes I was in there with legs flopped open. The things we do to have a chance of getting pregnant! So basically we now know for sure there is no chance of ever getting pregnant naturally and this really is our last shot.
Pick up our drugs from tesco tomorrow and I start injecting on Thursday.

So today we went to the clinic so we could sign the paper work for our treatment and so I could have my pipelle (endometrial scratch). Was a bit of a nightmare, first he scans me and tells me I have a 3cm cyst on one ovary and my remaining tube has hydrosalphinx (fluid in). Then when it comes to the procedure he cant get past my cervix which is firmly closed so he had to clamp it open using a pair of forceps. 30 minutes I was in there with legs flopped open. The things we do to have a chance of getting pregnant! So basically we now know for sure there is no chance of ever getting pregnant naturally and this really is our last shot.
Pick up our drugs from tesco tomorrow and I start injecting on Thursday.

C&J - sorry you had to go through that! And I never imagined the things we would have to go through but it will be worth itin the end! This is our time I hope We all get our :bfp:

Kuawen how did your appt go??

I just got home from the clinic. Unfortunately my results were not as good as I had hoped they would be. I did not respond as well to the stims as my dr assumed I would, as he was of the opinion that I have PCOS and now he thinks I don't. I only have 10 follicles total, 4 on the right and 6 on the left. They're growing pretty uniformly but the largest is only 17mm, so he's having me double my Follistim from 150 to 300 and start Genirelix in the morning. He's very confident this cycle will result in a pregnancy, and I'm sure he's right, but I had hoped we would have enough eggs to end up with some frosties for later :cry: I feel like I'm being greedy and ungrateful. It really sucks being so uncomfortable for only 10 'small' follicles.

Lots of familiar faces here! I am scheduled for my frozen transfer next week. I'll probably be quiet here, but I just want to follow along a thread with ladies that are where I am.

Hello Renaendel How are you? My FET is next week as well how ironic.

Lots of familiar faces here! I am scheduled for my frozen transfer next week. I'll probably be quiet here, but I just want to follow along a thread with ladies that are where I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->