IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hey everyone!

I totally understand all these expenses. It's unbelievable.
I have my beta scheduled for Monday, but I tested at 8dp5dt in the evening and it was a BFN. I felt/feel really good about this cycle, but now am not sure how hopeful I should be.
To top it off, a good friend of mine called me last night with her husband on speakerphone, to tell me that she's 11 weeks pregnant. The tears came immediately and I tried to act excited and happy for them (which I am) but then broke down majorly after hanging up. I now wosh I had told her what we were going through, as I wasn't prepared for that. I know exactly when they started trying, so they got pregnant their first cycle. How does everyone else deal with those kind of announcements?

kuawen - good luck with the rest of your stimming! I think it's great the doc chose the direction he did. More of a chance of multiple eggs.

disney - good luck with your cycle!

amanda - you could just be in that magic spot between when the trigger leaves your system and before the embie starts giving out it's own HCG. 4 days before beta is a long time, I'd think. FX'ed for you. And those announcements - at least it was over the phone and not in person! It's tough, totally. Especially when they get it right on their first try and you're over here jumping through a thousand hoops for the off chance that it works. It's just not fair.

amanda, believe me I know how you feel!

Last march I got pregnant and miscarried around 5 weeks. The day I was miscarrying I left work, went straight to the hospital, and after 4 hours they concluded there was nothing they could do so I went home. I'm laying on the couch crying and in agony from the severe cramping. DH gets a call from his good friend who invited him over to celebrate, as they were announcing to all their friends and family that they were expecting. I think it took me 4 weeks to stop feeling so depressed.

C&J - that's great news that everything looked ok and you can get started! Hope our stims go well!! When is your next scan?

Disney - glad all is on track hun! If you find a money tree let me know, I need one or two!! On a serious note it does really upset me how clinics seems to prey on desperate people and take advantage of the awful situation we find ourselves in.

Ren - good luck for transfer and fab news that your frostie looks so good!! You will pupo before we know it!!

Bright- how are you doing lovely? I think just being relaxed and normal is the best thing we can do really.

Kuawen - here's hoping for a really successful retrieval and some good quality blasts xx

Amanda - the announcements are so so hard and especially those with such bad timing. I really feel for you, I have had a few recently and just wanted to hide away and cry. Sorry to hear you had a bfn but its early days yet lovely, the otd is the day it is for a reason so keep positive and hopefully you ill have a positive soon.

Hello to everyone else! This thread is getting really busy and exciting now!! Cant wait for a few bfps!

Afm... hoping af will arrive in the next few days and I will have baseline scan and start stims!! Its all getting real! xx

I've become a regular hermit during this journey in order to avoid most of the announcements. The last one that hurt the most was being lapped by someone who had ivf when I had my first loss, and is now expecting again from a natural bfp. My understanding and experience so far tells me that I will probably always feel at least a small stab of jealousy, even after I have my own healthy LO.

One more day of stimming did the trick, I had 6 follicles ready for trigger on yesterday's u/s. I took my trigger shot last night and I'm scheduled for my retrieval tomorrow morning. Part of it all feels like it's happening to someone else, and I can't even begin to wrap my mind around the idea that I'm going to be PUPO by the end of the week. Me? Pregnant? I'll believe it when I'm in labor.

Hello Mrs W - I am doing ok. I find out tomorrow the time of the transfer and other instructions for Tuesdays transfer. I am so excited and ready to get this baby or babies in me:happydance: When stims start the ball really begins to roll quickly.:hugs:

C&J - that's great news that everything looked ok and you can get started! Hope our stims go well!! When is your next scan?

Disney - glad all is on track hun! If you find a money tree let me know, I need one or two!! On a serious note it does really upset me how clinics seems to prey on desperate people and take advantage of the awful situation we find ourselves in.

Ren - good luck for transfer and fab news that your frostie looks so good!! You will pupo before we know it!!

Bright- how are you doing lovely? I think just being relaxed and normal is the best thing we can do really.

Kuawen - here's hoping for a really successful retrieval and some good quality blasts xx

Amanda - the announcements are so so hard and especially those with such bad timing. I really feel for you, I have had a few recently and just wanted to hide away and cry. Sorry to hear you had a bfn but its early days yet lovely, the otd is the day it is for a reason so keep positive and hopefully you ill have a positive soon.

Hello to everyone else! This thread is getting really busy and exciting now!! Cant wait for a few bfps!

Afm... hoping af will arrive in the next few days and I will have baseline scan and start stims!! Its all getting real! xx

Hi ladies,

How are we all? Been injecting suprecur for 4 days now, no side effects at all so far. Hopefully it stays that way. AF is due on Friday, hopefully she turns up on time. All being well and she does then I will start progynova on cd3 and then a scan on cd13 which is the 2nd December.

Doc says I'm ready for my hcg trigger tonight. The needle is huge! I'm terrified. Anyone else have to give themselves an hcg shot in their backside?? Any advise/tips would be helpful!

good luck, Hope!!! I've only done it in my belly, nothing in my backside yet. You'll do great!

amanda - FX'ed for today!

kuawen - how did the retrieval go? I hope all is well with you - we're very similar right now. I have 5 follies that finally all developed to measurable at yesterday's scan.

I have another scan tomorrow and hopefully I'll trigger tomorrow night. I was at 16, 13, 12,12 and 12 yesterday - hopefully 2 days of growth gets them up to 20, 17, 16, 16, 16 and then they'll have the trigger to boost them all a little more. That, and I haven't found the money tree either so another $700 for an additional Gonal-F pen. Sigh. But we're almost there!! I'd assume my retrieval, if all goes according to my plan :)haha:) should be on Thurs.

Wish that's fantastic!!! those follicles sound promising! Geez, $700!? I really hope that's the last pen you will have to buy! I'm sending you lots of baby dust!!

Good morning ladies,

I am all set for FET tomorrow. I will go in at 11:30am and embies will be transferred at 12pm. Please keep fingers crossed and prayers for my embies that they make it past thaw and implant perfectly.

thanks, Hope!

good luck, Bright! I hope those embies nestle in perfectly!

Lots happening now on this thread!!!!! Exciting times!

Wish - great news, good luck for retrieval on Thurs, hope all 5 juicy follies do well for you.

Bright - wishing you heaps of luck for your fet tomorrow and early congrats on being pupo!! Looking forward to your next update with your embabies inside you!!

Hope - yikes, I have never injected into my backside before, only tummy or leg! Some of the injections have been huge though and don't feel any different to the tiny ones so you'll be ok. Good luck!!

C&J, glad you are having no side effects, lets hope af turns up right on time for you.

AFM... stims have commenced woo hoo!! Very excited to have started the cycle. xx

Thank you Mrs. W,

:happydance: yaaayyy for the start of stims. Which you the best this cycle.

Lots happening now on this thread!!!!! Exciting times!

Wish - great news, good luck for retrieval on Thurs, hope all 5 juicy follies do well for you.

Bright - wishing you heaps of luck for your fet tomorrow and early congrats on being pupo!! Looking forward to your next update with your embabies inside you!!

Hope - yikes, I have never injected into my backside before, only tummy or leg! Some of the injections have been huge though and don't feel any different to the tiny ones so you'll be ok. Good luck!!

C&J, glad you are having no side effects, lets hope af turns up right on time for you.

AFM... stims have commenced woo hoo!! Very excited to have started the cycle. xx

Praying for you Bright! Good luck tomorrow!

having a down day today. Either my body is just to hyped up on hormones or depression is kicking in. I really want this to work. I hope it has.

TTC - I understand that feeling. I have it and haven't had transfer yet. I know we both are just being worrying mommies and everything will be fine!!! Have you felt any symptoms?

Praying for you Bright! Good luck tomorrow!

having a down day today. Either my body is just to hyped up on hormones or depression is kicking in. I really want this to work. I hope it has.

Yes but they all can be attributed to PIO though. Nausea is the worse...again it a s/e of the progesterone. I am not holding out hope that these symptoms mean anything. I guess need to deal and accept my outcome either way.

Oh ok understandable. Were you nauseous before transfer? I don't have the nauseous but I don have the sore boobs and nightsweats!!!

Yes but they all can be attributed to PIO though. Nausea is the worse...again it a s/e of the progesterone. I am not holding out hope that these symptoms mean anything. I guess need to deal and accept my outcome either way.

No I wasn't nauseous before the transfer. It first hit about 3 days after the transfer but not to bad. Yesterday it got worse and I am starting to feel it now again but only slightly.

I am not having night sweats but do get chilled like I cant regulate my temperature.

My boobs started hurting a couple of days ago also.

Gotta love this progesterone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->