IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hi ladies,

I've been a bit absent off of this thread as there really isn't much to report. Its now 11 days now till our appointment where I finally feel like things will be getting started (appointment is for endometrial scratch, to sign all the consent forms and get the needles and prescription).
We are getting our drugs elsewhere as we find the clinics prices are terribly high. So far Tesco has come out the cheapest, our clinic charges £30 for 1 vial of suprecur/buserelin and Tesco charge £39.65 for 2 vials. We are going to check out Sainsburys and Asda over the weekend. Well worth looking into ladies if you havent already.

Welcome Alikat and all the other new ladies.

Welcome alikat!!
The injections really aren't so bad at all. Once you find the little tips and tricks that work for you (eg: Heat, ice, etc) you barely even feel them. It's just the first couple that suck.
Sorry to hear about your ectopic, hope this cycle is it for you!

Thanks, Amanda :) I really hope so, too. It's kind of crazy because we weren't even planning on starting IVF until we'd tried some other methods. But then we qualified for this study, which seriously reduces the costs, and we just thought why not? I'm all about putting the ridiculous cost of IVF back on the pharma companies :)

And I've definitely been googling tips and tricks for the needles! I have a bunch of methods ready to try out :) I think mostly it's just mental. I'm planning to deck the house out with motivational quotes everywhere so that I don't psych myself out :) I hope your cycle is going well and that the meds aren't making you too sore!

My protocol included Menopur and Gonal F. We did ICSI for both IVF cycles, and we did PGS for cycle #2 (including thawing our 2 previously frozen embryos to test them as well). PGS tells you the genders of the embryos, so it's pretty cool getting to know the gender of the embryo(s) that actually get transferred. We transferred two during our first cycle (fresh transfer), and we transferred just one (frozen) during our second cycle.

The shots are daunting at first, but they aren't so bad. With the tummy shots, I iced beforehand and just injected the meds slowly. My doctors office showed me how to mix my meds so that I only had to do one per day.

I'm so torn between whether or not I want to know the gender of the embryos before they put them back! Really I just want a baby, so I'm inclined to tell them to just put back the healthiest possible emby they've got, rather than decide based on gender. But we'll have to see. That's hoping some of them even make it, because my transfer will be a day 5.

Hazeleyez, Myonetruechance, and Disneyfan88, that's exciting that we're going to be cycling together! I think I may be a touch behind you guys because if everything goes as planned I may be transferring actually ON Christmas Day. Ha. Good times :) Are you ladies going to be doing anything different in November in preparation for the IVF cycle? I've found lots of information on eating avocadoes and a Mediterranean diet that's supposed to help during IVF... who knows, it could be rubbish, but I'm willing to try anything at this point! I'm also forcing myself to drink the recommended amount of water that humans are supposed to get everyday, because I'm terrible with drinking water. I must live in a chronic state of dehydration because it seriously feels revolting trying to drink 64 ounces a day. You know that feeling when you go swimming and you get out and feel like you've drunk half the pool? That's how I feel now... every day... :wacko:

Hi ladies, just a quick one-
IM FINALLY CD1!!!!

Nasal spray starts today and I'm waiting on the nurse to call me with an appointment between Sunday and Tuesday for my scan to make sure my lining is thin and then start prognova....

I will go back and read through everything later as I'm on my mobile

Alikat- I'm going to try Accupunture especially right before and after transfer. I'm going to do the pineapple core from what I've been reading on various blogs and utube it works, you eat the core transfer day plus five days it helps with inflammation so I heard😉. I also got the fertility diet and the book tells you how to self massage with castor oil packs. Call me crazy but I'll try it so this first time will work along with faith in GOD🙏🙏🌟✨

Good luck with your first meds Scerena, must be nice to be actually progressing.

Alikat- I am drinking dandelion tea a fair bit, it's supposed to help balance and digestion. I've really cut down alcohol and coffee. I do acupuncture weekly and my last period I had no period pains which hasn't happened for 10 years so something is working! I also take flax oil and B vits daily. Doing so many things I have no idea which ones are having the effect!

Alikat-What's the Mediterranean diet? H20 is going to be a struggle lol I barely drink it. Are you on BCP's? This will be my last pill and I'm starting a new pack but my boobs are sooooo sore?!? Anyone else have this happen?

To any of the Vets- Bright,TTC,WishtoB I'm mobile so I can't go through and list all you lovely ladies but do you guys have any diet tips, water consumption or electrolyte balance ,weight loss tips, for us newbies?

Asterimou- Dandelion tea I'll have to check that out, I drink green tea in the morning and white at night. I also take melatonin if I can't sleep after a long stressful day

Asterimou- Dandelion tea I'll have to check that out, I drink green tea in the morning and white at night. I also take melatonin if I can't sleep after a long stressful day

My acupuncturist told me to not drink green tea. Something about it cooling the body. :shrug: I was told to eat lots of protein, nothing cold, and essentially no sweets (though I just ate a rice krispy treat because I'm starving and haven't eaten anything all day). Last time we did a transfer, they recommended the pineapple core thing, too.

:thumbup: Disneyfan- Good to know! Yea I definetly want my body warm, I have to go to the grocery store and pick up some things! Are you doing pineapple again? How often do you see your accupunturist?

my RE office nurses actually giggle at me when I tell them about things to eat/not eat and drink that I find on the web. They say that it can't hurt if it's something good for you (pineapple) but nothing has been proven to actually help. So I would just say - be as healthy as you can with protein, veggies, fruits and lots of water. Slow down on sugar and fat intake and caffeine and alcohol. When I'm in my TWW, I switch to decaf tea and decaf coffee.
All of these things combined should lead to a balanced pH, weight loss (or consistency) and overall good natural stuff going into your body for the potential future baby!

:thumbup: Disneyfan- Good to know! Yea I definetly want my body warm, I have to go to the grocery store and pick up some things! Are you doing pineapple again? How often do you see your accupunturist?

I will definitely be doing the pineapple thing again. During my previous cycle (2013), I went twice a week before and during my IVF cycle. I went immediately before and after the transfer, and they had me keep going while I was pregnant (at first weekly and then once every-other week later on). I reached out to the office on Monday and was advised to start coming again 3-4 weeks before my intended FET transfer date. I confirmed that once a week would be sufficient this time around. They want me to continue that until the end of the first trimester "to make sure there are no complications", and then I can drop to once a month. I'm not sure what I really got out of those subsequent visits after I got pregnant before. I didn't get morning sickness, though. :shrug: We spent so much money and time on trying to get pregnant that, although I didn't want to throw away money per se, I was willing to do whatever it took to be successful (if that makes any sense).

my RE office nurses actually giggle at me when I tell them about things to eat/not eat and drink that I find on the web. They say that it can't hurt if it's something good for you (pineapple) but nothing has been proven to actually help. So I would just say - be as healthy as you can with protein, veggies, fruits and lots of water. Slow down on sugar and fat intake and caffeine and alcohol. When I'm in my TWW, I switch to decaf tea and decaf coffee.
All of these things combined should lead to a balanced pH, weight loss (or consistency) and overall good natural stuff going into your body for the potential future baby!

Excellent advice. :thumbup:

Finding it hard to catch up on my mobile as my wifi has decided not to work!
I hope that you're all well! It's been very busy on here!

asterimou it's great to start meds now finally! How are you? Not long untile your scan!

:hi: to everyone else :)

Excellent advice. :thumbup:

Wow, great comments from everyone! I didn't know the part about no sweets haha. May need you all to help me with encouragement to avoid the chocolate! Luckily I guess one advantage of this process is not having kids around to tempt us with Halloween candy... :)

Congrats to the girls who have started meds! How exciting! Please keep us posted with how it all goes!

I will definitely be doing the pineapple thing again. During my previous cycle (2013), I went twice a week before and during my IVF cycle. I went immediately before and after the transfer, and they had me keep going while I was pregnant (at first weekly and then once every-other week later on). I reached out to the office on Monday and was advised to start coming again 3-4 weeks before my intended FET transfer date. I confirmed that once a week would be sufficient this time around. They want me to continue that until the end of the first trimester "to make sure there are no complications", and then I can drop to once a month. I'm not sure what I really got out of those subsequent visits after I got pregnant before. I didn't get morning sickness, though. :shrug: We spent so much money and time on trying to get pregnant that, although I didn't want to throw away money per se, I was willing to do whatever it took to be successful (if that makes any sense).

Disney- Yea once a week sounds good and immediately before and after transfer. I didn't know you can do accupunture while pregnant. Whatever it takes makes perfect sense! I'm right there with ya😉

Hello ladies!!! I have a question because this is my first FET, I started the Del-estradiol injections on the 30th and don't take another injection until tomorrow the 2nd, should I be bleeding?

Sorry I don't know the answer to that question. I did Lupron and I did have a bleed onces I stopped my birth control pill.

AFM - I had my lining check and it is 9mm but my e2 is low only 209, when they want it above 250. Im a bit scared it wont be ideal.

ttc - are you on anything right now to get your e2 up? that's a beautiful lining!

bright - I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. I haven't had a protocol where I do that.

just thought of something - we are poking ourselves with enough needles, it's funny we'd also even consider acupuncture!! :haha: whatever works! i'll be a pin cushion for a month!

Scan today went well, lining nice and thin!

I'm to carry on with nasal spray and add in prognova tablets from tomorrow.

I have a lining scan in 10 days (13th November) hoping for lining to be over 7mm!

Then transfer hopefully 6 days after (so about the 19th)

I'm now considering wether I have one or two put back! I've always said two but with the potential of having twins and a 2.5 year old scares me ALOT!
But I do not want to leave one there and think "what if" of one didn't work, I don't want anymore treatment after this so I just do not know :/

I have no idea what I'm going to do! I know my clinic don't really like putting two back they wouldn't let me at my first go! And considering I got pregnant with one I'm not sure they will let me have two, guess we will see!

ttcbaby will they give you something until your levels get higher? They haven't mentioned me having a blood test to check levels in my FET which doesn't sound good to me now :/

brighteyez I'm sorry I do not know the answer I'm afraid, I hope you was a able to find out from your clinic :hugs:

ttc - are you on anything right now to get your e2 up? that's a beautiful lining!

just thought of something - we are poking ourselves with enough needles, it's funny we'd also even consider acupuncture!! :haha: whatever works! i'll be a pin cushion for a month!

Yes they have me increasing my vivelle patches from 2 to 3 and then they will test again on Wednesday.

Yes we are pin cushions!!!! lol.....amazing how comfortable you can get with needles going into your arms hahahaha.

Scan today went well, lining nice and thin!

I'm to carry on with nasal spray and add in prognova tablets from tomorrow.

I have a lining scan in 10 days (13th November) hoping for lining to be over 7mm!

Then transfer hopefully 6 days after (so about the 19th)

I'm now considering wether I have one or two put back! I've always said two but with the potential of having twins and a 2.5 year old scares me ALOT!
But I do not want to leave one there and think "what if" of one didn't work, I don't want anymore treatment after this so I just do not know :/

I have no idea what I'm going to do! I know my clinic don't really like putting two back they wouldn't let me at my first go! And considering I got pregnant with one I'm not sure they will let me have two, guess we will see!

ttcbaby will they give you something until your levels get higher? They haven't mentioned me having a blood test to check levels in my FET which doesn't sound good to me now :/

brighteyez I'm sorry I do not know the answer I'm afraid, I hope you was a able to find out from your clinic :hugs:

Yes that is tough when you already have one. If you are okay with doing another transfer in case this one doesn't work then I would say go with one and be prepared, just in case, to do another for the other one. If not, the maybe go for the gold and do two ;)

I have increased my vivelle patches from 2 to 3 so I hope it will help the e2 go up.

I just dot know why they need the e2 to be so high when the lining looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->