IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

So DH's count was 14 million (pre-washed) and 6 million (post washed). My doctor said anything between 5-10 million is adequate for the IUI. I've had mild cramping the first two days ...I am a little crampy today but I think it's from the constipation (thank you clomid!) ugh... I am sooo bloated.

things will be quiet from me for the dreaded 2ww but I will follow along and cheer you all on!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Klik- I'm so sorry for your early loss. :hugs: But I agree it's very encouraging that you got pregnant naturally! When is your HSG? I hope you get some answers!

Hope- Best of luck!!!

Klik - I’m so sorry that I missed your last update, and I’m deeply sorry for your loss. :hugs::hugs: I think it’s a great sign that you were able to get pregnant naturally, but I know how disappointed you must be able your CP. It sounds like the new doctor has offered some great advise. I hope that your tests are able to provide you with some answers that will lead to your successful future FET. :hugs:

Hi all! Quick update bc I’m sleep deprived and have no attention span!! :)

First - klik - thank you for the update! I’m so sorry for your loss but I love you perspective on things. Good luck with the HCG!! Fx’ed You got more answers.

Our boys arrived on Monday as planned they were big twins - Timothy was 7.05 and Malcolm was 6.03! They did really well, I hemorrhaged postpartum. I had to have a blood transfusion. It was a bit scary but I guess not unexpected.
Anyway - life is completely different and awesome and challenging and weird but I wouldn’t have it any other way. <3 DH is rocking the Daddy thing. Right now our biggest challenge is to figure out how to get Timothy to sleep during the night without having to suckle or lay on my chest. It’s very tiring!!!

Wish: I'm soooooooooo happy to hear from you! Glad Timothy and Malcolm are both well, and, most of all, that you are well! Apparently haemorrhages are indeed super common at childbirth but it seems not all hospitals in the US are particularly well-equipped to handle them (it's bloody scandalous), so I'm really, really relieved that you got through that ok! Amazing that Malcolm already sleeps at night--I hope Timothy is able to do that too, soon! Does it have to be you or is Timothy able to settle on DH's lap? Some friends of mine have a two-week-old boy who won't sleep through the night unless he's being held by someone (he doesn't care who, though--could be a total stranger, even!) So they take turns holding him (unless he has to feed, of course, then there's only one choice.) They said one thing that sometimes helps is a zip swaddle, but even then it rarely works... I hope Timothy adapts to a day/night pattern soon!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Yes!!!!! :happydance:

Hope: my fingers are super crossed for you! Glad your DH's sperm decided to cooperate!!! :dust:

Scooby: thanks! HSG is on Tuesday! You must be due by now, no?!?! My fingers are super crossed for you!!!

Disney: thanks! :hugs: Yeah, it was pretty mixed, having a CP... At least I can still get implantation, both from embryo and from uterus side... And it's far less painful, psychologically, than a m/c after a heartbeat... But yeah, I would have loved it if it just worked!

AFM: on a holding pattern til Tuesday's HSG. DP and I can't try naturally at least until then... Also, DP has a terrible back problem--he can't even sit--so he can't look for a job... It really sucks, from every angle. Today is our 6-year anniversary and I thought we wouldn't be able to go out to celebrate, but he had this brilliant idea to go to a restaurant that has a high counter/bar where he can stand and I can sit... So we're off there, soon--one nice thing, at least!

quick update from me: had HSG today--I thought they wouldn't tell me anything & I'd have to wait for my consultation tomorrow, but in point of fact they did show me I have a scar... I'm feeling kinda spooked. I guess it's another hysteroscopy for me before making any transfers... I'll know more tomorrow, though. xx

Aw man, klik. At least you got an answer right away? What will the procedure do, clear out the scarring? Happy anniversary- did you have fun?

Boopin - what’s the scoop?

Hope - good luck!! Glad DH’s sperm looked good!!

Ok we figured out the sleeping thing with T - he was just extra hungry at that particular time. So now we feed on a schedule but on demand as needed (extra feeding here and there as he tells us) and let them lead how much. Either a lot extra or just taking the edge off. Phew!! Glad that mystery is solved! We basically feed them until they are comatose. :)
All else is going great!! Cannot wait for all the good news to start flooding in here! :hugs:

CONGRATULATIONS WISH!!!! I am so excited and happy for you guys!!! You are gonna be a great mommy!!! Timothy and Malcolm are so lucky!!

Hey Klik! Sucks that there’s scarring, but I’m guessing you know more now? What’s the plan? Thinking of you!

Hope, we have a secret FB group if you want to join. :) you’d just have to pm me your email so I could add you!

Hey, gals! I loved seeing the gorgeous pictures on FB!

Here's a little update from me: I finally had my hysteroscopy last week, and the doc said my scarring was extensive, but of the "filmy" type, which means it does not re-form--thank goodness for that! So, all going according to plan, I'll transfer the first two frosties next month! It will be an unmedicated transfer, so I'll be monitoring for ovulation and hopefully my lining will thicken beautifully all by itself...

Klik - Exciting update!!! I’m so excited for your upcoming transfer! :dust: for a nice thick lining and your soon to be BFP! :hugs:

Boopin - I’m thinking of you and hoping that things are ok. :hugs:

Thanks, Wish, Amanda, and Disney! Just had my baseline scan and got a tentative go-ahead (bloodwork result arrives tomorrow to confirm, but should hopefully be ok). It's nice to be trying again, finally!

Thanks, Wish, Amanda, and Disney! Just had my baseline scan and got a tentative go-ahead (bloodwork result arrives tomorrow to confirm, but should hopefully be ok). It's nice to be trying again, finally!

:happydance: :dust: :happydance:

Hey, gals. Long time no post... Since my last post we had a number of transfers but no joy. We have 3 embryos left in NY, 2 in London, and the 10 eggs I'd frozen earlier that I'd been hoping to save for #2. My lining wasn't thickening any further after the adhesiolysis in February (the transfers were done with a relatively thin lining) so in August I had another hysteroscopy (in Pasadena, actually!) and Dr Charles March found and divided some further adhesions--small, but dense. In October I had another hysteroscopy just to check that the uterus was truly clear, and I was given the go-ahead. So I was waiting for the next cycle, taking norethisterone, planning to fly to NY to transfer the 3 embryos there in November, when I got naturally pregnant. I'm freakin' 44 years old. Today I'm 8w3d, so still super, super anxious (2 years ago my mmc was at 9 weeks), but had a scan today and so far, so good. Heartbeat a bit fast but apparently that's better than slow. So, let's see... Hopeful but worried.

How is everybody???

Omg!!!!!! I’m sending every happy, positive, sticky thought to you and that bean!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!!!! Congrats :happydance::dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->