IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

asterimou sorry to hear you developed a cyst how disappointing, but I'm glad your cyst has shrunk so you can get started :)

mrsw11 I was asleep so wasn't painful :haha: it does sound painful though!! It's to get rid of cysts on your ovaries as ladies with pcos have loads of cysts from eggs that don't release etc!
Thank you I really hope I am as this will be our only shot for a sibling!

I bet you're wishing time away I am now too!

ttcbaby :hi: I hope all is well? I follow your journal :) I'm crossing everything for you that this cycle is your cycle :hugs:

My hubby has poor morphology - so yep ICSI for us. I also had radiotherapy to treat a spinal tumour which makes me think my egg quality may be a problem. We are quite happy to consider donor eggs or embryos in the future if needed.

Re: emotions. I agree that the progesterone is the worst for it. I generally feel okay when doing stimms - that's the exciting part of cycle... I just hate waiting for egg collection and fertilisation results.... out of your control. x

asterimou sorry to hear you developed a cyst how disappointing, but I'm glad your cyst has shrunk so you can get started :)

mrsw11 I was asleep so wasn't painful :haha: it does sound painful though!! It's to get rid of cysts on your ovaries as ladies with pcos have loads of cysts from eggs that don't release etc!
Thank you I really hope I am as this will be our only shot for a sibling!

I bet you're wishing time away I am now too!

ttcbaby :hi: I hope all is well? I follow your journal :) I'm crossing everything for you that this cycle is your cycle :hugs:

Thanks Scerena! I do hope you get #2 as well. I remember you going this the first time and was so happy for you when you got your bfp!

Thanks for the welcome :)

Mrs W 11 We are hoping to have 2 transferred but it depends on how many survive the thaw. With our last FET 4 were thawed and only 1 survived, hoping and praying that more than 1 survive out of the 3 this time. I know our clinic will happily transfer 2 if all 3 survived we would like 3 put back but I don't think they will because of my age.

Asterimou Good luck with you Ivf. I did long protocol too. I didn't find it emotional at all. I think that was because we had been trying so long and had become hardened to it all though. The only time I did feel really down and cried was in the wait to find out if transfer had worked and that was because I just knew in my heart it hadn't been successful.

Asterimou - I was the same as ttc baby describes, I was fine during stims but was a bit of a weepy mess during the tww! I would definitely take a few days off after transfer to relax. If you like to take your mind of things you might then feel like going back to work (I obsessively googled when I wasn't busy!) or maybe plan something nice to do to keep you busy for a while. I would book your otd off work. I had tested with a hpt so I knew it was a bfn but it was still a shitty day and I wish I hadn't worked as I felt down all day. On the plus side, if you get a bfp you can celebrate that day!

Hiya ttcbaby. I'm the same as you, did much better on antagonist protocol than long. Welcome and good luck on your fet! Hoping its third time lucky for you! How many are you transferring?

Is anyone doing anything special this cycle to try and make it work? Exercise, diet, giving anything up or acupuncture or anything? I'm probably not because I'm trying to be more relaxed about everything rather than obsessing but I'm interested in what others do! Before I've always given up alcohol but this time I'm just cutting right back. The odd glass relaxes me and I want to stay relaxed and as normal as possible.

Thanks Mrs W! I have 4 frosties and I was begging for them to put back 3 but they said they would only do 2. So I am going to transfer 2. What about you?

I started my Lupron today. It is the first time in all my cycles that I am taking this drug. Anyone have anything they can tell me about their S/E?

I am on 5IU per day.

Sorry girls I missed a few posts when I wrote my last one, I was on my ipad so maybe it hadn't updated properly or something... weird. I wasnt ignoring some of the earlier posts anyway, just couldn't see them.

Scerena - its our last shot too for a sibling for dd. Well certainly for the time being, we only have money for 1 more ivf. We could do a fet but unlikely we will get any frosties going by our last cycles. So I get how you feel with everything depending on it.

Baby - sorry to hear about your tumour and radio - are you ok now? Although you've got to blast which is a great sign for egg quality. I read somewhere that embryos that arrest later on are more likely to be a sperm issue whilst those at don't make it as far as blast as more likely egg issues. Not sure how scientific that is! And yes waiting for the fert report was an absolute killer, especially awful for me as it was bad news, 6 eggs and 2 fert so was pretty gutted from then on in.

CJ I hope as many as possible survive the thaw to give you the best chance. We would love to have 2 put back but I guess it just depends how many we get, the clinic will transfer 2 if we have them.

TTC I haven't used Lupron before either, hopefully someone else has some experience. Is it a stim? I have used Gonal f and Merional.

No it is usually used for down regulation to help quiet your ovaries but since I never down regulated I didn't use it.

So far so good, I feel ok.

Ahh I see, the first cycle I did antagonist protocol and didn't down reg but took cerotide to stop me ovulating. Second cycle I used suprecur (buserelin) to down reg. I didn't mind the cetrotide but they said its not great for egg quality. Suprecur made me feel really menopausal, loads of hot sweats and flushes, tired and moody/stress.

Hoping you keep feeling good and the Lupron gives no side effects! Do you have estrogen patches before your fet?

Thanks, yes I should start the patches around October 21st if all goes as planned. I didn't know that about cetrotide....Hmm I used cetrotide for both of my IVF cycles.

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I think I will book some time off after transfer.

I have been doing acupuncture weekly. I'm not sure if it is doing anything but the acupuncturist said she is working to improve my egg quality. Who knows! I have also cut down drinking to a few glasses on the wknd. I think I will stop all together once the drugs start. Also doing a bit of reflexology. The problem is that in everything else in my life I have so much control. I think I do all these things to try and control this outcome but at the same time it feels so out of my hands.

Wishing you ladies all the best :)

Ttc - I know cetrotide works well for most people. I think maybe they just avoid it if you already have really poor egg quality as there are other drugs which are kinder to eggs. But if your eggs are ok no need to worry I'm sure.

Astermou, I'm the same, I like to let myself believe I'm controlling things by having a plan and doing things like acupuncture or supplements. I think even if feeling relaxed and in control helps then its worth it really. I had acu and reflexology for a while and enjoyed both and found it so relaxing!

Aster- Oh yes this LTTTC has been such a lesson in control. It has really taught me to let go and allow....It is something I work on daily but it is true. At the end of it all, it is no longer up to us.

Mrs W - Thanks for letting me know.

I am going to try acupuncture this cycle. Their is a clinic nearby that is led by a Zita West Affiliated Acupuncturist - i'm hoping that's a good thing? lol and then I will feel i've done all I can with that and the endo scratch.

Hope you ladies are all enjoying your complementary and alternative therapies :D x

I have to say I find it a bit of a relief when we do treatment as I am so sick of the ttc every month and it just doesnt happen. This really is our best hope of ever being pregnant again (I have 1 tube and its more than likely blocked once again, our last gynae appointment the consultant said he believes the chances of achieving a natural pregnancy are 0)

As for doing anything in preperation for treatment I am trying to lose some weight and have upped my water intake.
I will be using buserelin, progynova and cyclogest during my FET.

:hi: everyone sorry I'm quiet not much to report as just waiting on af please hurry up!!!

I'm doing nothing different just taking a multi vitamin like last time, I don't really drink so don't need to worry about that... I have a toddler this time around so I'm sure there will not be much relaxing like last time :haha:

Hope everyone is having a lovely day :hugs:

I have to say I find it a bit of a relief when we do treatment as I am so sick of the ttc every month and it just doesnt happen. This really is our best hope of ever being pregnant again (I have 1 tube and its more than likely blocked once again, our last gynae appointment the consultant said he believes the chances of achieving a natural pregnancy are 0)

As for doing anything in preperation for treatment I am trying to lose some weight and have upped my water intake.
I will be using buserelin, progynova and cyclogest during my FET.

Yes I agree, after 6 years of BFN's I feel better during my medicated cycles as it gives me hope.

:hi: everyone sorry I'm quiet not much to report as just waiting on af please hurry up!!!

I'm doing nothing different just taking a multi vitamin like last time, I don't really drink so don't need to worry about that... I have a toddler this time around so I'm sure there will not be much relaxing like last time :haha:

Hope everyone is having a lovely day :hugs:

Yes hurry up AF. Are you using frosties from your previous IVF cycle or are you doing a new IVF cycle?

AFM - I am taking the same vitamins that my Dr prescribed during my IVF cycle. I got rid of the ones that were for egg quality only so I am taking - Vitamin E, L-Arginine, Acai Berry, Fish Oil, and a prenatal. I am also doing a wheatgrass shot.

I am throwing all I can at this! Not sure if they help but they help my sanity LOL.

ttcbaby I'm using my two frosties IF they survive the thaw I'm so scared they won't :/

Sounds like you have a good plan with all the vits :) I'm sure they will help :) if my af doesn't take forever we could potentionally cycle together!!!
What grades are your embryos?

C&J - I know how you feel, I love doing treatment and can never wait for the cycle as I have given up on any hope of a natural pregnancy and so a treatment cycle feels like a realistic chance to me. Upping water intake is meant to be very important for blood flow so fingers crossed.

scerena - hope af hurries up!! Wear your best white pants, that usually helps!! haha. Yep I have a 3 year old so she keeps me busy!

TTC you are brave, wheatgrass is yuck! Hope it helps though, I am with you if it give you hope its worth trying!

Have a lovely weekend ladies!

mrsw11 I'm only cd24 I could potentially have anything up to another 33 days :dohh: white pants at the ready :haha:

Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->