IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

I hope she surprises you and comes extra early! I find she usually does what I am least expecting! Loves to catch us out! xx

Hi ladies - I hope you don't mind me joining in here. DH and I are both 30. It took 2 years and 2 IVF cycles (one fresh transfer and one FET) to get pregnant with our now 15 month old daughter. We are planning to try for #2 and are hoping to do a FET in mid-December. My blood work results have slowly been coming in and were looking good, but it looks like my thyroid, though within normal ranges, came back higher than my RE wants. We are currently in a holding pattern while I wait to hear back about what I can do to improve my levels.

Good luck to everyone here. :hugs:

Hi Disney - welcome! Congrats on your little girl, its great to hear positive ivf stories, its wonderful to know you got there in the end. How many frosties do you have? Good luck getting your thyroid issue fixed, I hope they can do it quickly so that you can move on with your fet.

Whats everyone up to this weekend? My dh is away at the rugby so its just me and my dd at home!

Hi Disney - welcome! Congrats on your little girl, its great to hear positive ivf stories, its wonderful to know you got there in the end. How many frosties do you have? Good luck getting your thyroid issue fixed, I hope they can do it quickly so that you can move on with your fet.

Whats everyone up to this weekend? My dh is away at the rugby so its just me and my dd at home!

Thanks! We have 3 healthy frozen embryos remaining from our two IVF attempts. The second time around, we did genetic screening of our 4 fresh and 2 previously frozen embryos. 4 of them came back normal (3 girls and one boy). We transferred the highest grade embryo for our first FET, which is now our healthy 15 month old daughter. The next highest grade embryo (from IVF #1) is the boy. The remainder of the healthy ones (all girls) are from IVF #2.

Headed to a baby shower brunch. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

mrsw11 oh I really hope so I am so keen to get started!! Not much this weekend, been out for the day with DD so relaxing now!

disneyfan88 :hi: good luck with your upcoming FET :) I am doing an FET too :)

so great how you can find out the gender of your embryos! Amazing how you can find out what gender baby is before even having them put back :)

Disney: Welcome to the group☺️ I hope you get to start in December as planned. I have a tentative transfer date of 11th December, which I have just worked out means I will be testing around Xmas day!

Mrs W: I've been visiting my mother in law this wknd with dh. We're off for a nice roast dinner today :)

Can anyone tell me how I get the pink writing summary below all my posts?

Thanks for the warm welcome! :flower: I'm a little out of practice on keeping up with a thread like this and all of the details for all of the wonderful ladies here, but I'll get better. :thumbup:

mrsw11 oh I really hope so I am so keen to get started!! Not much this weekend, been out for the day with DD so relaxing now!

disneyfan88 :hi: good luck with your upcoming FET :) I am doing an FET too :)

so great how you can find out the gender of your embryos! Amazing how you can find out what gender baby is before even having them put back :)

Thanks! Knowing the baby's gender when we did our transfer allowed us to take advantage of some good sales around Christmas. A unique bonus for pricey testing. When are you planning for your FET?

Disney: Welcome to the group☺️ I hope you get to start in December as planned. I have a tentative transfer date of 11th December, which I have just worked out means I will be testing around Xmas day!

Mrs W: I've been visiting my mother in law this wknd with dh. We're off for a nice roast dinner today :)

Can anyone tell me how I get the pink writing summary below all my posts?

Thanks! That's great that you have a tentative transfer date! Is this your first? I believe I got my first (and only) BFP 6dp5dt (I caved and tested early! :wacko:).

The pink summary that I think you are referring to is a signature line. If you click on the "User CP" link on the upper, left of your screen, there should be an "Edit Signature" link on the left.

Disney - will you transfer the next highest quality embryo this time, the boy?

Enjoy your roast astermou!! My favourite meal! I have a beef stew in the slow cooker today and doing rosemary roasties to go with it later! Yum. What better Xmas present than a bfp!!

Hope you enjoyed relaxing time scerena!!

ttcbaby I'm using my two frosties IF they survive the thaw I'm so scared they won't :/

Sounds like you have a good plan with all the vits :) I'm sure they will help :) if my af doesn't take forever we could potentionally cycle together!!!
What grades are your embryos?

Oh that would've awesome to be cycle buddies! My 4 frosties are 1-AA 1-AB and 2-BA I think. The dr saidtheywere awesome and that's really all I heard lol

Thanks! We have 3 healthy frozen embryos remaining from our two IVF attempts. The second time around, we did genetic screening of our 4 fresh and 2 previously frozen embryos. 4 of them came back normal (3 girls and one boy). We transferred the highest grade embryo for our first FET, which is now our healthy 15 month old daughter. The next highest grade embryo (from IVF #1) is the boy. The remainder of the healthy ones (all girls) are from IVF #2.

Headed to a baby shower brunch. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Welcome. So awesome you had yours tested.

Disney - will you transfer the next highest quality embryo this time, the boy?

We will be transferring the next highest quality that survives the thawing process. One of each (boy, girl) would be cool, but we would be over the moon with either gender. The boy has been frozen, thawed, and frozen again (at the suggestion of my RE since we were doing genetic testing of fresh embryos at the same time). I surely hope that he can survive a second thaw. We have 3 more tries for baby #2, and then we are probably out of the fertility game.

I did acupuncture before and after our second IVF attempt and the following FET. I will be doing that again this time around.

disney we are doing FET on my next af which could come at any point I'm very irregular!
That is a bonus that you know the gender before hand as like you said you can take advantage of sales etc :)

ttcbaby you have lovely embryos by the sounds of it how exciting :) I really hope that we can become cycle buddies :)

mrsw11 thanks I had a lovely relaxing weekend with a lovely roast today :) I hope your stew was lovely :)

Thanks Disney. I've sorted my signature now. This is my first cycle so I'm new to this. So glad there are forums like this. What did people do before the Internet!

Hey ladies! Feeling a bit blah tonight. A friend who have a baby who is 18 months old have just announced preg no 2. Happy for them, and should be used to it by now but it always hurts a bit. Our 2nd baby would be 14 months by now if we hasn't had the mmc. Just too sad x

Ooooooo can i join????

Im doing FET in Nov, I start buserelin for down reg on the 25th of Oct. Not entirely sure when transfer will be because ive never done this before.

We only have 1 healthy blast to put back, little bit disappointed with that but its better than nothing. Its a 6BC embryo, 6 is the expansion grade so its fully hatched, B is hopefully my future baby & C is what becomes the placenta (little worried about that one).

I did my first ever icsi/pgd cycle in September on the long protocol xx

mrsw11 sorry to hear you're feeling down :hugs: nothing worse when you're having to go through fertility treatments and you can see everyone else's families expanding and you're almost stuck, although you're so happy for them in the back of the mind you think why couldn't it be me. Not long now and hopefully you will be sharing your news, I will be keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

asterimou what clinic are you cycling at? I have no idea what people done before the internet as I know no one who is going through fertility treatments!

rachy welcome :) I only have two which I am disappointed about :/ but hopefully all goes well! Fully hatched already sounds like it is an amazing embryo! Wishing you the best of luck :)

Hi Scerena, I'm having treatment at the Agora in Hove. Have you heard of it? What about you? Would love to know someone nearby.

I'm doing mine at lister in Chelsea I thought that I would ask :)

mrsw11 sorry, announcements are the worse, I don't frequent facebook as much as I used to because all the baby pics drive me to drink! LOL. It is hard, and I just try to tell myself that very soon I will also get to make my announcement (though I think I would be doing it on a public forum in the case that I might hurt others going through the same thing). Chin up hun, we will get our forever baby!

asterimou - glad you got your siggy sorted! G/L with this cycle! When do they take a look at your cysts again?

rachy thanks for the explanation, I never really knew what the letters and numbers meant in the grading..

AFM - I stop BCPs on Wednesday and hope for my bleed on Sunday. This should put me right on track for my November 10th transfer date.

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I am not cycling (I'm actually PUPO) but I have seen a few previous cycle buddies on here :hi: and really want to keep up with how they are doing and cheer everyone else on.

Good luck :hugs:

pinkie3 good luck!! And congrats on being PUPO :)

ttcbaby I cannot wait to cheer you on :dance: roll on Sunday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->