IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Boopin: It's just the norethisterone, which is my down-regulator--the analogue to your BCP, except I have to take it twice/day. I suppose I think of it as popping pills because I'm thinking of the whole box of meds I've got, waiting to be swallowed/inserted/sniffed/injected! :wacko:
I've heard of norethisterone before, but didn't know what it's prescribed for. Thanks for the explanation klik. Do you take Lupron as well?? Or is there an analogue to that, too?? :winkwink:

AFM - I started Lupron today. Feeling a little anxious/nervous/scared. Shit's getting real!! :haha:

[-o< Praying that we all get our BFP's in 2016!! :dust:

Amanda - The mystery continues... I wonder if your results from last time got mixed up somehow. With AF here, I think it's safe to assume that you are able to move on now and get the ball rolling for your next try. :dust: that all goes well at your appointment on Monday.

Klik - I looked at the calendar last night. Imaging my disappointment when I realized we leave for Disneyland in roughly 3 weeks, not 2. :dohh::haha: I think I'm at the point where I'm eager to get started again. I like that we're preparing early and making sure that all of my meds are lined up and ready to go whenever my doctor says it's time to start. I'm still unsure when I will be starting any medications or monitoring with my potential transfer still 3 months away - we shall see. Your plans for next weekend sound lovely. I hope you have a great time!

Boopin - Good luck with your Lupron injections! Let me know how they go. Mine arrived via FedEx on Friday along with my lovenox. My femara and Valium came last week, and some other pills came last night via USPS (I am guessing it's my doxycycline, dexamethesone, medrol, and low dose aspirin, but I'm not positive as I haven't opened it up yet to check). I'm definitely praying that we all get our BFPs!

Asterimou - I hope things are going well on your end.

Boopin: glad it's getting real for you. Once the injections start it does seem to move quickly. I can't believe I'm almost at EC.

Disney: shame you mis calculated and have another week to wait for Disney. I agree it's nice having the drugs lined up ready for action :happydance:

Amanda: we are all as confused as you but praying for the best tmrw.

Klik: I'm really hoping EC is on Friday so I can use the bank holiday to rest :thumbup:

I'm doing fine and looking forward to my scan tmrw.

Aster - GL at your scan tomorrow!! :hugs:

Disney - Did you recently pay more for your Lupron?? Back in December it was $199 for the 2 week kit. I just paid $349 out of pocket for it this time around. I was told the price increased due to Supply and Demand. :shrug:

Boopin: just to clarify, norethisterone is just progesterone, so it doesn't do the full job of the BCP--but it similarly quiets down the ovaries and avoids cysts forming for the next cycle. My analogue to Lupron is called Buserelin, and instead of injecting it I need to inhale it into each nostril 4x/day. I'm quite anxious about that. Anyway, as I understand it, these are meant to quiet our sex hormone production entirely so we can sort of start from zero in the next cycle and be entirely under the control of the estrogen and progesterone we'll be taking artificially. But I'm quite fuzzy on all this! Congrats on starting your Lupron! :thumbup: I start my Buserelin on Wednesday, so am a few days behind you!

Aw, Disneyfan, I'm so sorry you have to wait an extra week before you go! You're right, for a July FET I reckon you'll only have to start taking meds in June--I wonder why your RE wants to know about your May AF... Ah, the mysteries of this process! I'm glad you're feeling good about getting the meds all lined up, and ready to start again, even if you will have to wait a while--the stuff in between sounds really nice! :thumbup:

Asterimou: Friday sounds ideal for you, yes! :thumbup: I have to say, I always hope for a weekend EC or transfer, as it means I get more time with DP immediately after the procedure...

Klik: why do you have to inhale your Buserillin? I've always injected mine.

Disney - Did you recently pay more for your Lupron?? Back in December it was $199 for the 2 week kit. I just paid $349 out of pocket for it this time around. I was told the price increased due to Supply and Demand. :shrug:

Boopin - I just checked. My 2 week kit of (generic) Lupron cost $257.75 from Freedom Fertilitly pharmacy, but my portion was only $38.66 (insurance covered the rest). I'm extremely grateful that my insurance does not count fertility meds when it takes into account my (already exhausted) $7,000 lifetime max for fertility-related services. I would have had to pay the full $257.75 had I not already reached my annual deductible. I used Freedom Fertility back in 2013 when I was doing all of my IVF treatments. I like them a whole lot more than their parent company (Express Scripts), which I'm forced to use for the rest of my non-specialty prescription needs. Freedom Fertility does overnight shipping and provides you with sharps containers, sterile gauze pads, and alcohol wipes free of charge. Express Scripts made me buy my own (I get my progesterone and needles/syringes for my PIO injections through them). I'm not positive if they offer discounts for patients paying completely out of pocket. I want to say they do, but I'm really not sure. I lucked out and got most of my IVF meds covered in 2013 since I quickly met my out of pocket max that year. Supposedly I ordered $20,000+ worth of medication that year (2 IVF cycles plus one FET). I kinda doubt that I would have paid that much completely out of pocket if I had no insurance coverage, but I'm not really sure.

I found this link on their website, though the pricing doesn't quite match what my medication pricing summary shows online on my Express Scripts account history.

https://www.freedomfertility.com/pricing/

Asterimou: Buserelin can be either injected or inhaled, apparently. Maybe my clinic thinks inhaling is less invasive... But it's actually making me more anxious because I know how to inject now. Still, I have an inhaler thingy and instructions, so I'm sure I'll be fine! I hope your scan today has gone/goes well! I hope your follies are all growing nicely! :dust:

I do wonder why our US friends are taking Lupron rather than buserelin... It could be that our clinics are focusing on different studies that show marginally different results, or it could be that some pharmaceutical companies are better at marketing to some countries, and some to others. I wish I could say how much my buserelin (Suprefact) cost but my mail-order pharmacy doesn't discriminate among the different medications I paid for :-(

Amanda: FXed for a much LOWER beta today, ideally zero! :hugs:

Disney - Thanks for the link to Freedom Fertility. Do they provide you with all your syringes, too?? What's their shipping fee??

What a blessing that your insurance covers the majority of your fertility medication costs. :thumbup:

klik - GL at your upcoming EC!! xoxo

Aster - I hope your scan went well today!! :hugs:

amanda - Fx'd that your beta is zero!! [-o<

Hello to everyone else, even the lurkers. :winkwink:

Boopin - They will fill RXs for syringes if your doctors office orders them with your meds. I'm not sure if they are normally free, but there was no charge for the insulin syringes that were delivered with my order on Friday (I'm not yet sure if they are to go with the lupron or lovenox - I didn't open the individual packages yet). There's no fee for overnight shipping.

Good luck to all of the ladies with scans and blood work today. :hugs:

Disney - Your Lovenox (enoxaparin) should come in a pre-filled syringe. It does come in a multiple dose vial, but since its being used at home for fertility tx, I bet it'll be pre-filled. You have to be very precise/exact with anticoagulants (blood thinners). Warning: DO NOT MASSAGE or RUB injection site it may cause horrible bruising!!

Here's a really good "how to" link for administering Lovenox SQ. GL!! xx

https://www.lovenox.com/hcp_default.aspx

Thanks, Boopin. I do think the lovenox was ordered in prefilled syringes. :thumbup: I think (or at least assumed) the 2 week kit of lupron also came in prefilled syringes, but perhaps I'm wrong. Either way, the diabetic syringes that I received must be for the lupron.

Thanks, Boopin. I do think the lovenox was ordered in prefilled syringes. :thumbup: I think (or at least assumed) the 2 week kit of lupron also came in prefilled syringes, but perhaps I'm wrong. Either way, the diabetic syringes that I received must be for the lupron.

Yes, I agree. The insulin syringes are going to be for your Lupron. How exciting... I can't wait for you to get started!! :happydance:

Hey! So beta today was 29. Definitely not 0, but at least it's coming back down. I'll see the dr tomorrow. Here's the thing though, since AF started Friday, today is CD4, and they can start a cycle up to CD5. That being said, if my beta isn't at 0, I'm guessing I may have to skip this cycle :( I was so concerned about getting the HSG because of having to skip a cycle, and now it looks like I may have to skip it anyways.

One cycle won't put you too far back Amanda, maybe it will be good to have a little break, you've been through a lot xx

My follies are still at same rate and there are 9 or 10 now. Little slow growing but my bloods today showed good levels so I'm sticking on 300 for now. Lining was good also. Just need these follies to get a move on now, it's showtime!

Looks good Aster!

I finally booked myself an appointment for counselling on Thursday. Really hoping she's able to help me see some positive.

Boopin: thanks for the wishes, lovely lady, but I think the lines got crossed: I've got a friend who's probably having EC this week, as is Asterimou. I'm actually just a few days behind you on course for an FET in May! :thumbup:

Asterimou: super happy for you! It shouldn't matter that the follies are growing a bit slowly, as long as it's ok to have your egg collection over the weekend... Slowly might mean more mature, which is always best! :hugs:

Amanda: I'm happy to hear the good news about beta going in the right direction, but I'm really sorry it probably means you can't start this cycle... maybe it is your body telling you to take a break. I know it's not what you want, but hopefully--hopefully!--it will mean your body will be really really ready next time around. Those six little frosties will wait for you! :hugs: Also, good luck with the doctor tomorrow, and with the counselling--I hope it helps!

222: thanks! Feel free to share your story if you like!

Boopin: thanks for the wishes, lovely lady, but I think the lines got crossed: I've got a friend who's probably having EC this week, as is Asterimou. I'm actually just a few days behind you on course for an FET in May! :thumbup:
LOL klik!! How did I manage to cross things up?? :dohh:

I'm so happy that we'll get to be tww buddies!! xoxo
https://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/352/978/965.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back