IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Aster - GL at your EC on Monday!! Keeping my fx'd you get your Golden Egg!! :dust:

Aster, hehe If I had a dollar for every time I burst into tears at my clinic, I would have enough to cover the cost of my treatments hehe. Crying and being hormonal is just one of the many things we have to go through on this journey. As for the counselling, I think I got a good feel for her, but the first session, it's hard to tell, especially because I take some time to be able to open up as well. I'm not COMPLETELY sold on her yet, but I know I've gotta give it a couple sessions.
For your EC on Monday, sending you tons of positive vibes for a nice amount of good quality eggs! :babydust:

Boopin' so exciting to have your baseline on Monday! Hope all goes well :)

Disney and Boopin' I also still have knots in my butt from the last round of PIO. The injections totally and completely suck, but we do what we gotta do!

Boopin - I'm sorry about all of the medical costs. :dust: that you have a great scan on Monday. :hugs:

Asterimou - Praying for good egg quality and that some of the stragglers cTch up by Monday. :hugs:

Amanda - I totally agree about PIO. I was only 2.5 weeks away from being done with them this last time, too. :dohh: I'd say my poor DHbwas running out of places to inject, but it really was poor me. :haha: About halfway through the time I was on it last time, I bought one of those small battery operated back massagers. DH used that on me after my injection, and it seemed to help.

Amanda: Glad your beta is decidedly decreasing now. It's still very sad... It is excellent, though, at least it was not ectopic after all. Also super-glad you have a positive impression of the counselor thus far... I hope you really find it helpful... And hey, tears at the clinic can sometimes be exactly what is needed! :hugs: Good luck on your next bloods!

Disneyfan: wow, you were spotting for a long time! You must be sick of it. I'm really angry on your behalf that you've had to put up with so much. You deserve better. And hopefully, better is what you will have from now on! :hugs: And whenever you have your hysteroscopy, I hope it is a breeze and that everything looks perfect! :hugs: Yeah, I'm thinking my clinic actually avoids injections when they can... so my agonist is a nasal spray, my estrogen will be pills taken orally and vaginally (!!), and my progesterone support will be vaginal and possible rectal inserts. But for the blood-thinner I guess there is no choice--an injection it will have to be...

Boopin: Sorry about all the medical costs! :dohh: So excited for you, though--I was thinking, if I expect my AF to start sometime around Wednesday next week, your baseline scan must be soon! Here's hoping everything looks great on Monday! :dust:

Asterimou: I think the embryologist put into words both your hopes and your fears, which I think helped you to vent out some of that emotion... In other words, I think those tears were good for you. I really hope by Monday your slower follies have caught up! :dust: Until then, have a great weekend and be EXTRA-kind to yourself! :hugs:

I'm off to Norway tomorrow morning! :happydance: I'll be rooting for Asterimou's EC, Boopin's scan, and Amanda's bloods on Monday, though! :dust:

Thanks, Klik! Have fun in Norway!! The closest I've ever been was the Norway pavilion at Epcot (Disney World). :haha:

So...the break from spotting was short lived. I'm spotting again. It's pink now instead of brown, so maybe AF is starting? I wish these things were straightforward. :dohh:

Disney: sometimes this journey just feels like one hurdle after the other. You are great at jumping them though, I have faith you'll get to the finish line :hugs:

Thanks for all your support ladies. I'm taking Klik's advice and being good to myself this weekend. I have a facial booked in today and then strolling around a food festival tomorrow, hopefully in the sun, but this is England!

Klik, you seem to travel a lot. Is it work related? I was in Oslo in Jan and got really ripped off in the airport taxi. Make sure you get a fixed price.

Happy weekend everyone xx

Sounds like fun Aster! Wishing for some sun for ya, I know English weather can be pretty unpredictable!

Aster, good luck tomorrow!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
klik - Any signs of AF yet?? Are you still in Norway?? You're quite the traveler!! :plane:

amanda - I'm happy to hear your bodies getting back to normal. Fx'd you can get started again soon!! :hugs:

Disney - How are you doing lovely?? Hope your finding fun things to do to make the wait go by easier. xoxo

Aster - GL again!! :dust: How was your your facial & food festival outing??

AFM - I have my baseline scan and estrogen blood test in the morning. I'll find out if I can start estradiol injections this Tuesday. I'll update you all after my appointment.

Question... Do you ladies prefer inserting estrogen and/or progesterone suppositories vaginally or rectally?? I'm debating if I should try them rectally or not. I'm wondering if they're more effective either way... hrmmm??

Thanks for all the baby dust. I got 7 eggs so I'm happy. Now it's their turn to do their thing and develop into strong embies :)

Aster - That's fantastic news! :happydance: :dust: for a great fertilization report? When do you find out?

Boopin - Keeping busy by doing stuff around the house. We ordered a sofa and love seat for our front room and a sofa for DD's playroom downstairs since Macy's had their friends and family sale. We moved last year, and with a bigger house, we have more rooms to fill. We didn't see a dining room set that we liked, so we are waiting on that.

I've only ever taken my estrogen orally, and I've only done vaginal progesterone (Crinone) and PIO, so I unfortunately can't answer you question. My progesterone levels when I was newly pregnant with DD were very low while on Crinone, so I guess it wasn't very effective for me - I had to switch to PIO. :dohh:

:dust: for your appointment today!!

Boopin: I've always taken my progesterone(cyclogest) rectally. I find that pretty easy and effective.

Awesome news Aster!! You retrieved your LUCKY SEVEN!! :winkwink:

Disney - How big is your house?? It sounds massive. I live in a condo. :haha:

AFM - Everything went well at my baseline appointment. My lining is nice & thin (4 mm) and ovaries are without cysts. I got the green light to start my estrogen injections tomorrow!! :dance:

Boopin - I'm glad your scan went well!

Our house is over 3,000 sq feet. We moved from a 3 bedroom house (1750 sq ft) in the same neighborhood last year since one bedroom was an office, and we wanted at least two separate bedrooms for our kids. I guess we'll see how necessary the extra space ends up being. We like the neighborhood, and my parents and my sister and her family are only blocks away (separate houses), which is nice. It's way more house than we need or were looking for, but the price was right, and there weren't (and still aren't) many houses for sale in this area.

Great news Boopin, ready to go :thumbup:

I get the fertilisation rate tomorrow morning.....waiting for that call :wacko:

Disneyfan: did your bleeding get any heavier?! Hopefully that will be a good indication of whether or not it's AF... Otherwise, in your place I might call the clinic just in case...

Asterimou: yaaaaay! :happydance: well done! Hopefully you'll get a 7 out of 7 fertilisation report! :dust: Incidentally, I'm in Norway to visit friends (one of whom is going for an egg retrieval tomorrow!) so haven't had to pay for a taxi yet! :thumbup:

Boopin: Still in Norway, yes. Actually I'm travelling much less than usual because I feel like I'm imprisoned near my clinic! It's only when I have a little respite like now (taking meds but not needing scans) that I can take a few days off. I stopped the norethisterone yesterday FINALLY (I couldn't wait!) so now waiting impatiently for AF (ETA: Wednesday, give or take). EXCELLENT that your lining looks good and you've got no cysts! :happydance: Yay! So you're really really starting! My attitude to anything my clinic tells me to put inside me is to follow their directions as well as I can. With estrogen, I'll be taking pill and then putting some in my vagina, apparently (pills? really? weird, huh?); with progesterone, I was using Crinone vaginally but then that wasn't enough, so they prescribed Cyclogest pessaries to use rectally on top of the Crinone, and then my levels got good. So I don't know if one is better than the other--I just think they add up... But whatever you do, I hope it works! :dust:

Amanda: how are you?! :hugs:

Boopin, I've only ever taken endometrin as well as crinone vaginally. However, both time I started my period before stopping them, so the doctor figured it might not be absorbing enough in me, so switched me to PIO instead. Truth be told, I actually prefer the PIO to sticking the other stuff up there 3 times a day, plus I find the PIO has less side effects for me. Also less irritating for me. But everyone has their preference, the nurses think I'm weird for preferring the IM injections lol. I've never taken a rectal suppository though, so unfortunately I have no idea how that would go. I'm sure your Dr's know what they're doing though!

Aster we are all keeping everything crossed for you!!! :dust:

Klik, how fun to be in Norway visiting friends. Also so nice that you and your friend have each other as support going through all this.

Disney, wow! That's a huge house! We have a small 3-bedroom townhouse, more like 1300 sq. feet hehe. It's enough for us for now, but we do expect to move up once our family gets started. (hopefully soon)

I had my last blood test this morning. It was 0.7, so all is good. I just need to wait for AF to start and then call on CD1 to make an appointment for a baseline scan. AF should arrive in about 2 weeks, so still have some time to wait. I've been super depressed lately, so my Dr. put me off work until the end of May to allow myself time to heal. I teach grades 1-3, so I need to be "on" all day, and I just can't do it. I feel very guilty for taking the time off, and am worried about what people will say, but at the same time, I need to do what's right for me right now. It's my birthday on Wednesday, so hoping to plan a little weekend getaway for the hubster and I next weekend.

:hugs: to all!

Hi ladies, I'm at work and it's super busy in the clinic. I'll give a proper reply tonight when I get home.Thanks for all your feedback regarding the suppositories. Have a blessed day everyone!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->