IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hey guys!
So I went to see the Dr. today, and he said he originally wanted to see me once he saw that my beta has risen again after falling. Apparently he's never seen that, and was concerned about ectopic. He said now that it's starting to fall again, and since I had AF, it's probably not ectopic, but that if I have any pain or lightheadedness to get to the ER. I go in tomorrow for another blood test, so make sure it's still falling. Oh, and officially need to skip AT LEAST this month so I've been told. I officially feel defeated. :cry: And I REALLY don't enjoy being the one patient who has something happen that the RE has never seen before. Sigh.
I'm also so sorry for the negativity coming from me the past couple days.

Amanda - I'm so sorry that you're being prevented from moving forward. No need to feel sorry at all - I totally get how you feel and where you are coming from. Even for me, it feels like I'm always the one who has the rare weird stuff happen to her. Even after my DD was born, I suffered a very rare delayed post partum hemorrhage that put me back in the hospital for a D&C and double blood transfusion. And because it already happened once, I'm more susceptible to it happening again. :dohh: Hang in there. I know it's tough to process and accept, but we're here for you. :hugs:

Thanks! :hugs:
Disney I'm sorry you had to go through that, doesn't sound like fun at all.

Thanks! The worst part of it was being separated from my newborn for 2 days. :nope:

Hi Amanda, you're not being negative. This stuff is hard and you are so strong. In some ways when something happens they've never seen it gives hope to us all we can have our miracle. The RE does not have all the answers because we are individuals and act differently to things, there is so much they don't know. Physically I think you should go with how you feel. So watch for signs of ectopic but if AF is done now I'm confident you'll be okay. I really hope you get a good counsellor, I found it so helpful to pour my heart out and have a good cry. Even if it is a couple of months until your next cycle you can use that time to let your body and mind recover. It could be a good thing. Hang in there xx

Thanks! If I have another baby, my OB recommends a scheduled c-section. She said possible reasons for what I experienced are long, difficult labor (40 hours - check!), overdue baby (8 days - check!), or big baby (9 lbs, 5 oz - check!), so a planned c-section may help avoid some of that. Plus, they can give me extra medication to hopefully lessen the likelihood of it happening again. I'm 5'4" and am typically under 115 lbs, and I was ALL baby, but we still had no idea just how big she was in there. My husband isn't even tall. :haha:

I just looked up a picture from my due date from 2014. I guess I was pretty massive looking and should have known that I was carrying a pretty good size baby. :haha:

Thanks aster :hugs:

Disney, eesh! A planned c-section is a good idea then!

Boopin: Me too, looking forward to suffering the 2ww together! :friends:

Amanda: Please don't apologise for being "negative"--we're here to support each other, after all. I think of this as a safe space where it's ok to be negative sometimes! And this is really, really difficult stuff. Please don't beat yourself up for feeling discouraged... what you've had is a miscarriage, after all, and those take time to mourn. They really do. And maybe your body is telling you that... that you're not done mourning yet, and have to do some more of that before you move on to your next attempt. I'm really sorry... But I guarantee you, when you're holding your baby at the end of these travails, you won't care if it arrived a couple of months after you'd hoped. In the end, hopefully, all of this pain and suffering will lead to the result that really matters: a baby in your arms! In the meantime, well... you'll just have to be bipolar like the rest of us... :hugs:

Disneyfan: I'm sorry you've had to go through so much. I'm super happy you're blessed with your DD, and I'm really hoping all of the careful preparation you'll be putting in for your July transfer pays off. I also hope that now, all the pain and suffering is behind you, and you get your pregnancy, it runs smoothly, and your delivery is also a much better experience. Being separated from a newborn for 2 days is no joke... Also, all that blood--you must have had some very fearful moments... I'm so glad you're with us, and that you're there for your DD! I really hope you get to be someone else's mom, too! :hugs:

Asterimou: when is your next scan? Best of luck--I hope the lovely growth trend continues! :dust:

Klik - Thanks so much! I sincerely wish for the best outcome for you and all of us. All of you ladies are so wonderful! :hugs:

Just had scan and I have 5 growing well, the others are a bit slow so not sure how many of those will make it. They have pushed EC to Monday. Luckily it is a bank holiday so I don't have to rearrange things at work. It does mean I will need to travel to London 3 days after transfer but I think if I rest the other two days that will be okay? I was really hoping for more eggs this time. I know it's quality not quantity but my embryos weren't great quality last time so wanted a few more to choose from.

Aster - I thinking you'll be ok traveling as long as you don't overdo it. I'm sorry that they didn't indicate that you have more follicles in the running at this point. If EC isn't likely to be until next Monday, there may still be time for a few others to catch up. This is where Wish would advise that you drink lots (and LOTS) of water to plump those eggies up! Good luck!! :dust:

Aster, you should be fine to travel after transfer :) I went right back to work the next day, my clinic recommends that you return to normal shortly after, just no long walks or heavy lifting, so you should be fine :)
I agree with Disney, still lots of time for more follicles to grow! Slow growing is better anyways, better quality eggs. fx you get some more follies by Monday though!

Asterimou: I'm sorry you're not growing as many as you would have liked quickly enough... But yeah, you'll have plenty of time til Monday, and hopefully the smaller ones will catch up! :dust: Do you know if you'll be culturing to blast?

Amanda: Any news on your bloods?

AFM: I've kind of made peace with my nasal spray agonist, now. But the instructions are remarkably lacking: they don't say if you're suppose to inhale before or after spraying, for instance, or whether it's ok for the spray to sort of coalesce and drip out of the nose. Also, it's not nice to have that chemical taste in the back of my throat. But hey, it is better than carrying needles around, which I've had to do in the past...

Also, I've had my endometrial scratch today. It was an unpleasant experience, partly because no one told me I needed a full bladder for it. They still tried to put the catheter in through the cervix, which was really painful, but it wasn't happening... so they asked me to go drink like a liter of warm water, which I found pretty difficult (Disneyfan: I don't know how you do it!) And then they put the catheter back in, and it was really REALLY painful. But then it was done--hurray! Can't wait for this cycle to be DONE and for the actual FET cycle to start... ETA next week!

Klik I'm sorry it was so painful! But at least it's done! Also, for the nasal spray, I've never taken the specific one you are, but I know what you're talking about with the chemical taste from when I use decongestant nasal sprays. Pretty gross, but yeah, better than needles.

My latest beta from yesterday was done to 10, so I go back once more (hopefully!) on Monday to see if it's <5. Then I wait for next AF and get started on the FET cycle. I had my first appointment with the therapist today. Went well, but still a long way to go. Will be going back next week.

Klik - It must be nice to have fewer (or no) needles to worry about. I still have some small knots in my behind from my PIO. :dohh: And now that I finally have all my meds (they took a while to come in), I can see that I'll be going through a ton of needles in the near future. :dohh::dohh: But it will hopefully all be worth it! :thumbup: I'm soooo sorry that your endometrial scratch was painful! It's nice that you have it out of the way and can look forward. I won't know until AF comes if I will be having my hysteroscopy before we go to Disneyland or if it will be after the following AF. So...now I wait. At least I think (hope!) I'm finally done spotting from after the D&C.

Amanda - I'm glad your first appointment with the therapist went well. :hugs: :dust: that your hormones and AF cooperate so that you can move on to your next cycle. :hugs::hugs:

Asterimou - How are you holding up?

Boopin - How about you?

Disney - I've been super busy lately. Trying to get all my affairs in order before I go on vacation in May. And I've been working a lot of overtime to offset some of the medication costs. My medications totaled $721/OOP. I also, had to pay $650/OOP for my general anesthesia when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. As far as my fet meds and appointments go I finished my last bcp on 4/27, I'm taking baby aspirin & lupron daily and have a baseline scan on Monday 5/2. If all goes well I'll start estrogen injections the next day on Tuesday. I'll do those injections every Tue/Fri. I can remember having knots from my PIO injections, too!! Toward the end my butt was so soar, I could barely stand it. I'm NOT looking forward to those shots at all. :growlmad: Heck No!! :gun:

I'm happy to hear your bleeding has stopped post D&C. Fx'd that the :witch: shows within a week or two. xx

HI LADIES :flower:

Hi ladies,

Disney: I guess it's waiting time for you. I hope you can use this wait time to switch off a little and do some nice things.

Klik: I hate when they don't explain how to take drugs properly so you end up freaking out that you've done it wrong. I used YouTube to watch lots of injections before I did mine. Hope you've got the hang of it now.

Amanda: I really hope the counselling helps. After a few sessions you should get a feel for the counsellor and if she is in tune with you and actually helping. If not just try a different one as its so important to get someone that gets you :hugs:.

Bopping: good luck at your baseline, I will be having EC that day :winkwink:

AFM: I had a scan today and I have 5 good follicles and 3 or 4 that could catch up by Monday. My Estradiol is quite high and my lining is good. The embryologist sat in on my scan today and said that just because my embryos weren't great last time it doesn't mean it will be the same this time. Each egg and sperm is different and I should keep the faith. This made me burst into tears in the scan room, but I appreciated her words. I'm definitely a bit hormonal and it feels like I could cry at any moment. Not even on the tww yet :wacko: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->