IVF September

Welcome Newbies and best of luck for your journey :hugs:

MissEvers, yay :happydance: we are so like, I also got transferred a 7 cell embie :thumbup: yes my test date is 28.9. but as a test addict I will start first to test off Pregnyl and then just keep on going.. :haha:

KK2003, I know the "fear" of egg retreival, as this was also my first and I had heard a lots of stories from my friend of it hurting bad.
I had only 8 eggs so I was not uncomfortable even before the ER. Then 1 hr before they gave me Diapam to calm me down and then when the procedure started they just gave a lot of meds through iv and it was like a buzz I was in. It is very uncomfortable but I would not go as very painful. People are different and feel different, but you just need to ask for more meds if it starts hurting. It was over in 10-15 minutes, then I just hanged out in my resting room bed and ate :) and drank loads of coffee as in here you are not supposed to eat/drink 6 hrs before.
That day I took off work but did go in the next, I did get sick leave for 4 days but I actually felt so normal the next day that i did not need to stay put. On ER day I did have mild pains after the procedure, but very mild so i did not even have to take painkillers. I really hope yours will turn out as easy as ours were :hugs:

Good luck newbies.

So today I am panicking.

Last night my whole body ached. It's continued on this morning as well. I read (bloody google) that it's my immune system trying to get rid of baby embrie 😩
I hope not. Asryellah have you had any symptoms x

Welcome Kk & Nolimit.
On my first cycle of ivf I transferred a day 5 blastocyst and had my official test 12 days later, but I confess I tested at home from about 5dpt (all negative).

I had another scan this morning. My lining looks great, my right o has 2 large follicles and the left has 4 large and 1 small. I'll have another scan either Sunday or Monday and then hopefully EC mid next week.

The last time, EC was fine, I went home and slept for the afternoon, but the following day was a little painful/tender/cramps. I was glad I wasn't in work and able to enjoy a permanent hot water bottle attached to me!

Beith, sounds good huh! How do you feel yourself was the amount last time around the same?

MissEvers, oh that's weird ache:shrug: did you ache all over or around uterus only? I havent had anything that I could see as symptom. Boobs ache but they started right when started taking progesterone before transfer. But nothing :shrug: maybe you are just getting a flu? Or maybe it implated? :cloud9:

I ache all over. I'm my joints.. I have a headache and stuffy nose. I'm thinking I might be out! But trying to stay positive xx

Keep your spirits up hun, i'm sure all is fine with the bean. I have read that some ppl do get feverish/flu around the time of implantation so maybe the is just what is going on. Or then just an basic fall flu found you this time..

:hugs:

I tested this morning and I cannot see Pregnyl anymore! That was quick as I remember in my IUI cycles I have had it show up even 11 days after injecting.

Asryellah, what do you use to test for pregnyl and what does it show?

I had another scan on Friday and I'm going for EC on Tuesday so my pregnyl trigger is tonight. Looking forward to a drug-free day tomorrow!

How are the rest of you keeping?

Evening ladies.

I tested yesterday and there was still a little hcg from the ovitrelle. Today it appears to have gone.

I was advised to use £1 store pregnancy tests to determine if the hcg has left the system. Yesterday there was a faint line. Today there wasn't .. no no hcg left in me.

Hopefully that will change and will reappear for my test next Thursday xx

Miss Evers, let's keep our fingers and all limbs crossed we both get those II-lines on thursday :cloud9:
I also use those cheapies i've bought from eBay, you get a 20/30 pack for 5€.
Do you have any symptoms? I only have really achy boobs, but mostly just due to progesterone.

Beith, as you probably already got it, Pregnyl and Ovitrelle (or any trigger shot) has hCg on it so if you test today you will get a strong positive on pregnancy test. Thats why we test it out that we know if/when there comes another line it is from the baby and not the trigger shot.
Good luck for tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Hi all,

Sounds like everyone is on the road to positive results! I hope to hear from you all about those soon. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice on the ER! I really have little knowledge on what to expect, but it seems not too bad. The med they will give me is pretty strong, so I doubt I will remember anything at all. Sounds like recovery is fairly quick too.

So far so good for use. I had an appointment Friday then again today. Estradiol is rising appropriately, and i have quite a few eggs on both sides (maybe like 10-15 total?). Biggest one today was 16mm. I will be going in Wednesday for another follow up ultrasound/lab draw. I'm thinking ER will be Thursday or Friday, but I'm hoping Friday so I have the weekend to relax.

After the trigger shot, do they recommend testing out for HCG? I'm not really into pregnancy self testing due to 4 years of disappointment. I might just wait for the blood test 10-14 days after reimplantation. What is everyones thoughts on this?

Good luck again to everyone!
-Katie

kk2003 wow you do have a good bunch of eggies there :thumbup: let us know after your scan when the ER will be. So exiting!!!
No, they do not advise to test out trigger. This is just something we do on our own, for the impatient ones. It is good you have will power to wait untill the test, at least you will be PUPO for longer :hugs:

I tested this morning again, and the eBay test is negative but then I took this other cheapy test too and it had a second line on it almost immediately. But as I have not tested with that one from the start, that totally might still be from Pregnyl it is only 10 days now from trigger. I will upload photo to my journal if you want to check the pics (journal in my siggy)

I found this good list in one IVF chat:
A Day-by-Day Look at an IVF (in vitro fertilization) Two Week Wait

Cycle Day Event Additional Information
12 hCG trigger injection for ovulation induction
13 (waiting) the time between trigger and retrieval is approximately 36 hours
14 Retrieval Ovulation;
start of luteal phase
15 24-hour fertilization report
16 (waiting)
17 3-day transfer
18 (waiting) 1dp3dt
19 5-day transfer 2dp3dt
20 (waiting) 3dp3dt;
1dp5dt;
Normal human embryos hatch and implant 5 - 7 days after fertilization.
21 (waiting) 4dp3dt;
2dp5dt
22 10 days past trigger (the last day any hCG from the trigger shot should be in your system). 5dp3dt;
3dp5dt
23 Start HPTs today, using your first morning pee (hCG is present in urine in the highest concentration first thing in the morning). 6dp3dt;
4dp5dt
24 POAS (pee on a stick!) 7dp3dt;
5dp5dt
25 POAS 8dp3dt;
6dp5dt
26 POAS 9dp3dt;
7dp5dt
27 POAS 10dp3dt;
8dp5dt
28 Official Quantitative hCG Blood Test
(This is done at your doctor's office or a lab.) 11dp3dt;
9dp5dt;
Missed period (+) or beginning of period (-).

Thanks for that great info! I am not looking forward to any waiting at all after the ER, as it seems as though it takes forever! I hope to keep busy during that time.

My ovaries feel SO heavy today and my boobs are SO sore. I will be happy when this ER takes place to relieve the pressure. Thanks for your encouragement, ladies! I wish I had the strength to test everyday, but honestly it brings me down everytime...so my method is avoid and hope. :) Hopefully it works for me this time. I am tempted to POAS after the trigger to to see what those two lines look like! I have never done a trigger shot in the past IUIs. :) Good luck and i'll update you all tomorrow.

-Katie

I had my ER this morning and despite draining all the follicles, they only got 2 eggs. I know we only need one but I can't help feeling disappointed with the low number. We got 5 the last round. I have everything crossed that they will both fertilise and develop.

I'm sorry to hear that news beith. I wonder why the sudden change. I hope for great fertlization too!!!

Beith,

Good luck! It only takes one, but I hope they both fertilize for you!!!:thumbup:

Beith,
Forgot to ask, how are you feeling otherwise? Recovering ok?

Hi Beith. Glad your feeling ok from the ER.

Please try not to feel disheartened. I know it's easier said than done.
I only had two follicles to be drained and they only managed to get one little embry. He is currently nestled inside me.. and I'm in the two week wait. ��
Keep positive xx

Beith, sorry you feel disappointed :hugs: lets pray those two will fertilize and both will one day be in your arms :cloud9:

Hi all! I start stims (and antibiotics, and prescription folic acid, and baby aspirin...) on Sunday - eek!

It's happening! Glad to have some ladies to go through this cycle with! First time IVF here. We are doing PGS and a FET 6-8 weeks after retrieval (hopefully)!

A little nervous because my RE said today during my ultrasound "I hope that right ovary cooperates...it's down below your uterus right now and if I can't get to it I can't retrieve those eggs. I don't want to skewer any of your organs! But I should be able to move it around". Umm...ok?!?

I wouldn't worry about any talk right now. So much can and will change between now and retrieval it's impossible to say what will happen. I think your doctor was just trying to lighten the mood. :) ovaries are very buoyant, I bet by the time stimming starts to happen they'll swell up and be easily accessible. Don't even sweat it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->