IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jchic - I'm so happy you like the new RE, who is it? I had a feeling they were going to suggest doing an IUI before IVF. They seem to like to try one with injectables first before jumping into IVF which I think is good!

Mrs. C - Good luck at your new clinic today with your consult! I hope it goes great and you like the new place.

Thanks Blue! I have my questions printed out so that I don't forget them. If I didn't put them in front of me I would probably accidentally leave them behind. We have to be there at 3 and I believe I'm a few hours behind you ladies so there will be an update later tonight.

Mrs - let us know how it goes, super excited for you!!!
Blue - its Doctor Jamie Morris....she is a really nice woman, I like her ALOT!

PS - you have endo right? This is the deal with me - they found an endometrioma (chocolate cyst) in my left ovary measuring 1.7 (so its not big) but she wants to monitor it before doing anything and if it grows or changes, then a laproscopy. Have you had this done? What do you know about endo and IVF? She said that the cyst now doesnt and wont affect anything yet.

Dont scare me, LOL

Mrs C - Yeah i have had mine printed and in my purse since yesterday so I won't forget. Geez I dont' know what my brain will be like once I'm preggo b\c it's bad now!

Jchic - I don't think I know that Doc but like I said I only have been to Morristown office a handful of times, but I"m glad you like her!

Yes I have stage III endo, which I would have never known about without them doing a Lap, I had no symptoms. The reason they did the lap was b\c on my initial consult they saw a huge cyst which they thought was a dermoid cyst but once they saw it during lap they said it was an endometriomia. So as far as IVF and endo, I have read conflicting stuff. Some say it has no effect on IVF and others say it does. I like to believe the ones that says it has no effect :winkwink: It is a question I am going to ask at our consult. My RE also said the cyst would not affect getting pregnant but the reason they wanted to remove mine was b\c it was so big and if it was a dermoid it could have burst once I was pregnant during labor, which I guess could be bad. If you do end up needing the lap it was pretty easy. I was a nervous wreck but it was so fast and recovery was very fast as well, we did an IUI the very next cycle.

Blue, thanks for the info :) So you were able to get right back to iui the cycle after? Thats comforting. I have no symptoms either, but I definitely can feel the cyst....its small which makes me think its a mind over matter thing perhaps? Who knows. Do you think I should push for them to do the lap or should I wait and see? She said she wanted to monitor it and if it changes, causes pain or grows then we move to lap. Thoughts?

I would say to do the IUI and see what happens. It's so small and if it's not affecting anything then I wouldn't think it is necessary. If you end up doing IVF then I don't think there is really a need to do the lap b\c even if you have some endo it should not affect IVF anyway. That's how I would look at it but I am so impatient right now I can't imagine adding another step to the process!!

Hey ladies, well everything went very well today. The new place is great and we will be so happy there! I can't say enough about how nice they were. Looks like if everything falls into place the way we want it to we should be doing testing in April, May nothing, June BC pills and possible Lupron, and then July EC! there was so much info in the packet given to us that it would be hard to explain it all but heres the answers to the questions I asked. Along with my questions and commenting on what they had to say they were shocked that I already knew so much! The FS's nurse said "wow you must have really done some reading!" :haha: Yeah I guess you could say that :blush: What can I say it's good to know things and have an idea of whats going to happen.

Questions for clinic

Who does TESE and when to contact? Call asap as it takes 6-8 weeks to get in for a consult. Go in as soon as hubby gets back from Afghanistan.

Price of TESE? $1,000 – 1,600

How many embryos are put back? 2

Do we need more testing? Yes repeat all testing since it has been a while

Difference between long and short protocol? Short means no Lupron and long means I will need it

Any idea of what our meds will be like? Not yet but BC most likely the rest depends on long or short protocol

How long will meds most likely take? A month to a month and a half

Where to get the meds? The clinic will find all meds for us and get the cheapest ones from online pharmacy’s

3 day or 5 day transfer? Only 5 day transfers

Ideal weight for IVF? Not worried at all

Chances of OHSS? 2% with my age range (24)

Average scans per week/cycle? 2-3 a week

Views on bed rest after transfer? Discuss later

Are the stats on the SART website based on positive pregnancy tests only? Based on live births

Is there a class to show how to do injections? Yes two 2 hour classes to go over injections and other things to know

How will I communicate with you during this whole process? Same day phone calls

Will we be seeing the same FS every time? Yes although EC may not be the same FS because they rotate

What additional costs would / could be incurred? Just the TESE and sedation for TESE everything including meds is included in the $15,000

What happens to the costs if the cycle has to be abandoned? Meds will have to be redone

Cost of FET? $3,000

:thumbup: Mrs C detailed answers. am sure you are very excited to start.

Just a suggestion why don't you add 2012 to the thread's name?

Mrs C - so glad everything went well and that you like your new place! You got great answers to questions. Thanks for posting them! One step closer now to your bfp!

My clinic too doesn't worry about weight too but i think i should loose some:shrug:

Mrs C - that is great news!!! So excited for you and that you are starting up so quickly! When is hubby back?

Hey ladies, well everything went very well today. The new place is great and we will be so happy there! I can't say enough about how nice they were. Looks like if everything falls into place the way we want it to we should be doing testing in April, May nothing, June BC pills and possible Lupron, and then July EC! there was so much info in the packet given to us that it would be hard to explain it all but heres the answers to the questions I asked. Along with my questions and commenting on what they had to say they were shocked that I already knew so much! The FS's nurse said "wow you must have really done some reading!" :haha: Yeah I guess you could say that :blush: What can I say it's good to know things and have an idea of whats going to happen.

Questions for clinic

Who does TESE and when to contact? Call asap as it takes 6-8 weeks to get in for a consult. Go in as soon as hubby gets back from Afghanistan.

Price of TESE? $1,000 – 1,600

How many embryos are put back? 2

Do we need more testing? Yes repeat all testing since it has been a while

Difference between long and short protocol? Short means no Lupron and long means I will need it

Any idea of what our meds will be like? Not yet but BC most likely the rest depends on long or short protocol

How long will meds most likely take? A month to a month and a half

Where to get the meds? The clinic will find all meds for us and get the cheapest ones from online pharmacy’s

3 day or 5 day transfer? Only 5 day transfers

Ideal weight for IVF? Not worried at all

Chances of OHSS? 2% with my age range (24)

Average scans per week/cycle? 2-3 a week

Views on bed rest after transfer? Discuss later

Are the stats on the SART website based on positive pregnancy tests only? Based on live births

Is there a class to show how to do injections? Yes two 2 hour classes to go over injections and other things to know

How will I communicate with you during this whole process? Same day phone calls

Will we be seeing the same FS every time? Yes although EC may not be the same FS because they rotate

What additional costs would / could be incurred? Just the TESE and sedation for TESE everything including meds is included in the $15,000

What happens to the costs if the cycle has to be abandoned? Meds will have to be redone

Cost of FET? $3,000

Yayy!! I'm so excited for you that everything went so well. awesome answers to all the questions!! i have a question (for anyone that knows) what exactly is short and long protocol?

Thanks ladies! I added 2012 to the thread title, good idea sekky. :thumbup:

jchic hubby will be back around the end of April. He goes 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off. Not to long but much longer than I would like. Even a day is too long.

ham from what I understand the difference between long and short protocol is adding the Lupron. Short is without it and long is with it. I believe it adds 2 extra weeks of meds. At least thats what I understand so far!

Good luck at your appointment today Blue!

Thanks ladies! I added 2012 to the thread title, good idea sekky. :thumbup:

jchic hubby will be back around the end of April. He goes 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off. Not to long but much longer than I would like. Even a day is too long.

ham from what I understand the difference between long and short protocol is adding the Lupron. Short is without it and long is with it. I believe it adds 2 extra weeks of meds. At least thats what I understand so far!

Good luck at your appointment today Blue!

Its funny that you wrote ham on accident bc those were my initials before i got married :haha: now what exactly does lupron do?

:haha: I so didn't catch that! My Mac has auto correct and it tends to be like texting. Sorry about that. Funny that it was you initials though.

I forgot to mention something. I called about acupuncture yesterday and I guess insurance does cover it. $30.00 copay and unlimited sessions! Finally they cover something that will help! Still no coverage for anything to do with IUI or IVF. I was happy to hear that though.

Hey Haj,

its used to suppress premature ovulation I think....so they can control it :)

Blue - good luck! Ask questions about endo/ivf and let us know how it goes, I am especially interested in those questions bc of my recent endometrioma!

Wow so happy ur insurance covers accupunture!

I am here now waiting will post later tonight!

Mrs. C-its about time they cover something!!!

How is everyone else doing?? Anyone have dr appts soon??

AFM: Still playing the waiting game. hopefully we'll have our blood work back next week...by the last it the beginning of the following week. even if he says ok we can do ivf in 2 months, ill be happy...i just want a game planner...im a planner what can i say.

I am the SAME way. I am a complete planner and need to be in control of everything. Hopefully we all get started right away.

Cant wait to hear your update Blue!!

I am the SAME way. I am a complete planner and need to be in control of everything. Hopefully we all get started right away.

Cant wait to hear your update Blue!!

when i have a game plan, i dont feel so lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back