• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay jchic its almost tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes

I've been reading through these blogs for a few weeks now trying to learn all the lingo as all of this is new to me. My DH and I have been TTC for about 2 years now and were told that all prelim tests were normal. Finally we got referred to a fertility clinic only to be told that DH has a low sperm count, which was identified on his initial tests but told to us was normal. :growlmad: I'm 36 now and we have decided to go for the highest odds of us getting pregnant and doing IVF. So right now I am anxious to start but getting delayed by all the necessary tests to be done before we can start. So it is looking like a May or June start. I think this is a great support system. I am leaning a lot from reading all of your posts. I wish everyone many BFP's in the future!:bfp::happydance:

I've been reading through these blogs for a few weeks now trying to learn all the lingo as all of this is new to me. My DH and I have been TTC for about 2 years now and were told that all prelim tests were normal. Finally we got referred to a fertility clinic only to be told that DH has a low sperm count, which was identified on his initial tests but told to us was normal. :growlmad: I'm 36 now and we have decided to go for the highest odds of us getting pregnant and doing IVF. So right now I am anxious to start but getting delayed by all the necessary tests to be done before we can start. So it is looking like a May or June start. I think this is a great support system. I am leaning a lot from reading all of your posts. I wish everyone many BFP's in the future!:bfp::happydance:

:hi: Welcome Jenn - Sorry that you have to do IVF, but since you do this is a great place to be. I have learned so much and it is such a great support system since everyone knows exactly how you are feeling and what you are going thru.

iv just got my fsh tests done
i rang up clinic n they just said normal,,,, im nervous
what where u ladies fsh resukts xx

I was never told a number they just told me all of my bloodwork was in normal range when I had my big panel of bloodwork done initially. I'm sure if they said it's normal then there is nothing to worry about but you can always call back and ask for the number to put your mind at ease :winkwink:

Welcome Jenn:hi: I'm glad you decided to join us. This is a great support system and I think it helps with all the waiting and questions we have through this whole process.

I'm sure if they said they were normal you are ok. Did they give you a number? I do have my blood work printed out. I believe I have this because I had to pick it up here in town and then take it to my old clinic. I didn't want to drive an hour and a half just for blood work at that time. I will see if I can find it and let you know the number. Mine did say normal as well.

im hppy with normal,, i mean high normal or low normll, its all stil normal
maybe not knowing is good somtimes, im just a control freak lol
they said they wud tell me ll the numbers on monday xx

I know what you mean. It's hard not knowing what something is.

Haj FSH is a blood test usually done on CD3. I'm not really sure how to explain what it all means but when I saw your question I looked it up and found this. https://www.fertilitycommunity.com/fertility/what-is-significance-of-fsh-levels.html I'm not sure if it will help explain things or not.

Mine was done on day 4 since my day 3 was on a Sunday and they told me it was 7.5 and that anything below 9 is normal. I had to ask for the number originally they just said normal too. But after hearing people talking about their numbers I called and asked them for mine.

All my tests have been what they would call normal except my sonohysterogram which they found two small cysts on or in my ovaries. They seemed to think it won't be a problem but have ordered an MRI to be sure. Unfortunately it's about 8 weeks on average to get an MRI done. :cry: hence my wait to start IVF.

Haj624 - Its an acronym for follicle stimulating hormone. Usually tested with blood drawn on cd3. About the numbers I actually never requested for my own level as my fs told me I have hyperprolactemia (don't know if i got that right).

The nurse said i may repeat all the hormone surge test again as the last one was in 2010

Jchic - goodluck with the consult

Thannks ladies. I had my CD3 blood done (actually it was CD 2) on Friday but I guess they are just waiting to give me those results when they give me the rest of my bloodwork.

I also had some bloodwork done last year and evrything came back normal except for my prolactin levels which were a bit high so had to take some medication and they are back to normal now. However FS mentioned that i will have to do another round of cd 3 blood test next month to make sure everything is still ok and an ultrasound.

I think i might be placed on birth control pills due to the fact that my last 3 cycles were all over the place (from 30 day cycles to 42, 44, 47). However i will know more next month after the tests.

Jenn76 - Welcome. I see you had the hsg done. Oh boy i remember when i had it done i thgt i wouldve expired on the spot!! lol was happy when i was done.

Congrats on the new job Sekky.

All the best Jchic!

Hey ladies! How are you?

UPDATE! -
Went to RE, and LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!!!! We are doing an IUI cycle with injectables next cycle and then moving to IVF. Super excited.
She said she thinks I may have mild endometriosis based on an endometrioma cyst she found, but she says she is going to monitor it now and not worry too much about it unless it changes. I feel confident for the 1st time!

Thats great news jchic!! I bet you will get a BFP next cycle with the IUI and wont need to go for the IVF!!!

yayyy Jchic thats great!!!:thumbup:

I was going to take that step first to the re is suggested we didnt because i already produce a lot of eggs on clomid alone.

That is great news jchic! I'm so glad you are happy with your RE. I really hope you get your BFP with the IUI so that you won't have to do IVF! Let us know how that goes. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back