IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smile- so happy you got to sign those consents. I hope you will not have to wait to long!

Azlissie - I also used to have a 30 day cycle but after doing 3 cycles of Clomid it has completely messed it up. FS mentioned that he will put me on bcp before i start IVF.

Honeycheeks - the Dr didnt suggest I should lose weight however i personally want to lose weight as Ive put on quite a bit 13lbs to be exact (6kgs) in the past year. If IVF works i dont want 9 months later to have to lose baby weight and the extra weight i gained during TTC :winkwink:

That is a bright idea to lose the excess weight before you conceive. I have just been trying to eat more healthy and exercising, so I can have well toned abs, though no flab to lose. Hoping to gain some muscle.

Hey ladies I'm sitting here looking over this whole packet for IVF and all the info in it. I wanted your opinions on something. I guess there is a test that is new (so they say) and it is called Counsyl testing. From what I understood is that it is a test done on both me and hubby to test for genetic diseases to see if we are carriers. Now as far as I know neither hubby or I have anything in our family history that would come up in the future but then again you never know. Is this something your clinic does? If so do you think it's something that should be done. The thing about this test is it is an additional $350.00 per person... so I don't really know what we want to do. Any thought's?

I've never heard of it MrsC, so can't comment, sorry. I'm sure someone will know something about it.

Sorry i've been AWOL, but work has been manic and i've got chronic sinusitis which has just knocked me out lol I've never felt so poorly.

Half way through March guys, time is passing!!

Hugs to all xx

MrsC, I don't know a whole lot about the genetic testing, but you might at least ask if it's something that they could do on only one of you to start with. With a lot of things, like cystic fibrosis, both parents have to be carriers of the gene in order for it to effect the child. If you were tested and it came back negative, there would be no need for your DH to be tested as well. At least that's how it is with a lot of conditions but I don't know for sure about all the things they might be testing for.

Thanks azlissie thats a very good idea. i will have to talk with hubby about it when he gets back.

JDH it's good to see you back on here. I hope you start feeling better soon and work slows down little bit. Although I'm sure it helps the time pass by a little faster. Any results from the test you were waiting on?

Hey ladies sorry I've been MIA i caught an AWFUL stomach bug. I didnt want to do anything. Mrs C, i know when my doctor did my original bloodwork he did genetic testing to see if we were a carrier of anything. right now i am going on the 21st for my 21 day progesterone check and then we're heading back on the 27th to get all of our blood results back and then we can go from there and see when we can do out IVF

Haj I'm glad to see you back. Someone asked about you in the other thread. The 27th is coming up! Thats exciting you guys will be able to have an idea of a plan. I hope everything goes well on the 21st and the 27th.

Thanks love, yeah im trying to play catch up on the threads haha

Haj! YAY! You are back :) xx

Mrs C - Hmmm, I got that done through our RE as it was part of a standard process but it cant hurt, can it? Its totally a personal decision though :)

TGIF girlies!

Hey ladies I'm sitting here looking over this whole packet for IVF and all the info in it. I wanted your opinions on something. I guess there is a test that is new (so they say) and it is called Counsyl testing. From what I understood is that it is a test done on both me and hubby to test for genetic diseases to see if we are carriers. Now as far as I know neither hubby or I have anything in our family history that would come up in the future but then again you never know. Is this something your clinic does? If so do you think it's something that should be done. The thing about this test is it is an additional $350.00 per person... so I don't really know what we want to do. Any thought's?

Our clinic does this with our initial bloodwork and there didn't seem to be an option as to wether or not we could do it. I think there was more testing that could have been done that was optional but that may have been to do with chromosomal testing and due to our age and family history we didn't opt to do that.

Haj - Darn stomach bug, it got me too last week. AWFUL!!

Count me in.:thumbup: I'm hoping to start my first round in May or June. Just waiting to get DH's sperm collection done.

Could I join you ladies? I just found out yesterday that our first IVF with ICSI failed. We had our follow up this morning and are pretty sure we're jumping back on the ivf crazy train in June. I found the ladies on the Feb/March thread to be a great support, and would love to chat with you all!

welcome bloomer and lucie :)

Lucie - :( I am sorry honey. At least you have a new cycle to look forward to. Have you been diagnosed with anything specific like PCOS or endo?

Welcome l8bloomer and Lucie! :hi:

Lucie I'm sorry to hear about the failed cycle. :hugs: Did they say what might have went wrong?

bloomer I'm glad you could join us over here. Just so that I get the updates right on the first page you said earlier that his collection will be in April right?

Welcome Bloomer and Lucie!

Lucie - I'm so sorry about your first cycle. Do you have any frosties leftover or do you have to stim again?

Dont you think its crazy that we know what frosties and stim are? I NEVER would have learned the terminology for this if I wasnt knee deep in ttc. Ahhh, how vocab expands!

jchic I was just thinking about that the other day. Our new FS was even impressed. :haha: It seems like theres so much to learn yet we already know most of it due to just reading and our own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"