• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jchic, my Dr. said my ovaries "appear polycystic" but he didnt tell me I had pcos. I don't ovulate unless I am on medication, and Dh has low count and numbers.

MrsC we transferred 3 embies- 2 were 8 cell and 1 was 12 cell. The Dr. said he really thought it was going to work. There's no real reason why it failed. Which makes it harder to understand.

BlueStorm- Sadly none of our embies were able to be frozen, so we will have to do the whole process all over.

Jchic, my Dr. said my ovaries "appear polycystic" but he didnt tell me I had pcos. I don't ovulate unless I am on medication, and Dh has low count and numbers.

MrsC we transferred 3 embies- 2 were 8 cell and 1 was 12 cell. The Dr. said he really thought it was going to work. There's no real reason why it failed. Which makes it harder to understand.

BlueStorm- Sadly none of our embies were able to be frozen, so we will have to do the whole process all over.

ughhh...sorry to hear that.

Dont you think its crazy that we know what frosties and stim are? I NEVER would have learned the terminology for this if I wasnt knee deep in ttc. Ahhh, how vocab expands!

Yes! sometimes when I'm texting to my girl friend I start using TTC abbreviations and she has no clue what I'm talking about, then I realize what I'm doing.

Well TGI Friday Ladies! :dance: Another week down, April is approaching Fast. Here's hoping some of us get to start in April. I'm still crossing my fingers.... Still waiting to have my MRI.... ARGH!!! I just want to get the call giving me a date so I can figure this out. Anyway great to see that the group is growing, welcome Lucie and l8bloomer :wave::wave: Sorry to hear about your ivf Lucie, were happy to have you join our group. This time will go your way :D

Mrs C as to the genetic testing my RE didn't suggest it for us and my DH is adopted and we have no medical history for him. He has a low count so I even inquired as to whether we'd be better off using a donor that would have more medical history and she said no. $350 is a lot of extra money especially if both have it done. I might ask again about having my DH checked. Thanks for sharing that info.

Hey ladies just checking in with everyone. I hope you all are doing well. I was having a hard time Friday just thinking about everything. It's pretty depressing sometimes thinking about all this and everything we have to go through to have a child. That and I was stressing about money. $16,000.00 doesn't come easily thats for sure. All is ok now, of course still stressing about money but I have to have good thoughts that it will all work out.

Jenn so sorry you are still waiting on your MRI. Thats got to be frustrating. Hopefully they call soon and let you know something.

Lucie I'm sorry to hear that there is no reason that your IVF didn't work. Things will go differently this cycle and you will get your BFP at the end. This is going to be a lucky thread, I can already feel it!

Like I said in the beginning of this thread we will all get our BFP's and move on to be bump buddies in the end.

AFM I start a new job tomorrow. Crazy time to be starting a new job but it was offered to me and I couldn't turn it down. It's nothing major and honestly I don't even know what hours I will be working or the pay but it will help us out a little bit. I have been staying home and spending the day's that hubby is home with him. I just hope she understands that in a couple months I will need some days off.

Hey ladies just checking in with everyone. I hope you all are doing well. I was having a hard time Friday just thinking about everything. It's pretty depressing sometimes thinking about all this and everything we have to go through to have a child. That and I was stressing about money. $16,000.00 doesn't come easily thats for sure. All is ok now, of course still stressing about money but I have to have good thoughts that it will all work out.

Jenn so sorry you are still waiting on your MRI. Thats got to be frustrating. Hopefully they call soon and let you know something.

Lucie I'm sorry to hear that there is no reason that your IVF didn't work. Things will go differently this cycle and you will get your BFP at the end. This is going to be a lucky thread, I can already feel it!

Like I said in the beginning of this thread we will all get our BFP's and move on to be bump buddies in the end.

AFM I start a new job tomorrow. Crazy time to be starting a new job but it was offered to me and I couldn't turn it down. It's nothing major and honestly I don't even know what hours I will be working or the pay but it will help us out a little bit. I have been staying home and spending the day's that hubby is home with him. I just hope she understands that in a couple months I will need some days off.

Hey MrsC8776 sorry you've been feeling so down :hugs:, i know exactly how you feel I also have days when I am so down and stress about how much money we had to save so that we can have IVF especially since our insurance doesnt cover it!! :growlmad:

Have you ever considered to go abroad for IVF? 1 year ago a friend went to Greece for IVF at a clinic called Serum in Athens and got pregnant she spoke very highly of them and apparently they spent a total of roughly $8000 for IVF, flights and accomodation. She said it was a great experience coz they basically killed 2 birds with one stone holiday + IVF. Maybe you can look into it, if you google it you will find a whole thread dedicated with so many positive posts. Another place that ive heard good things about it is Anadolu Medical Clinic in Istanbul apparently the Doctor there Dr Arici divides his time between Yale and Istanbul. And apparently the total cost of IVF incl ICSI + accomodation comes upto $5000!! Ive already made contact with them and done some research about the Dr online and he seems pretty good. We are seriously considering going over there for IVF since its affordable.

Thanks asali :hugs:

Our insurance doesn't cover a penny of it either which makes it even harder. We have thought about going abroad for the IVF but with hubby's work schedule it would be so hard. He work 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off. So those 6 weeks I don't even see him because he is out of country. It all sounds great especially the price! It would just be so hard to schedule it all. I might have to talk to him about it and see what he says though. Thank you for sharing all that info. If you guys do decide to go abroad I would love to hear about it.

Welcome l8bloomer and Lucie! :hi:

Lucie I'm sorry to hear about the failed cycle. :hugs: Did they say what might have went wrong?

bloomer I'm glad you could join us over here. Just so that I get the updates right on the first page you said earlier that his collection will be in April right?

Hi MrsC, Yes, his collection is in April. Then it's full steam ahead!

So got DH's SA back....the first one 6 months ago was AWESOME. and this one shows low morphology.....I am SO upset.

So got DH's SA back....the first one 6 months ago was AWESOME. and this one shows low morphology.....I am SO upset.

hey hun thats exactly how i felt when we found out about dh's SA but or RE told us this is exactly what IVF is for...situations like this...so keep your head up because you're heading in the right direction!

Jen - I hope you can get your MRI soon. It is so frustrating having to wait for testing like that

Mrs. c - I'm sorry that you are feeling so down. It defenitly weights on you and it's ok to feel that way. Maybe you can get your mind off things a bit now that you are starting a new job.

Jchick - sorry to hear this. What was the percentage? The only thing I can say that might have affected this is RMA uses the Kruger method which I know they say makes the results run a bit lower then normal. Do you know what method was used the first time. Also was your DH sick or anything about 3 months ago?

Its 2%. Motility and Count are all above average. He went to the urologist last time and his morph was 14%, but it must have been a different scale. Who knows! I have been reading alot about icsi, so I think they will do that when we move to IVF as it gives us the best chances.
How was all your weekends?

Yeah Dh's was 5% and then last time he went it was 2%. Did you RE order the SA again?

not as of yet...I called and they gave me the preliminary results over the phone, and that she would follow up on Monday. I hate how it changes, but at least we KNOW IVFwith ICSI will help us. I mean, thats what its for, right? Its good to finally be narrowing down things. I think its a possible case of endo for me (chocolate cyst) and DH.
Blue - I am starting to feel like our cases are SO similar, right?

not as of yet...I called and they gave me the preliminary results over the phone, and that she would follow up on Monday. I hate how it changes, but at least we KNOW IVFwith ICSI will help us. I mean, thats what its for, right? Its good to finally be narrowing down things. I think its a possible case of endo for me (chocolate cyst) and DH.

who wanted you to go get the SA. DH went once from my OBGYN and the when he went to see a urologist they made him get one. The RE hasnt yet, but we're just jumping into things. I had said to the urologist IVF can work with low morphology and he said thats one of the specific resasons itsw for.

I have to go for my 21 day progesterone check on Wednesday and then next Tuesday (27th) we go back for all our blood results. It's only a week but I feel like its forever away. I just want answers and to know where I'm going from here.

I know. I hope it's not endo for you, but if so it may just be a very mild case and like I told you if it is endo and you do IVF it will not affect anything.

I hear ya. My obgyn sent DH on my insistence and his results were awesome. Then when we started with this new RE, she wanted all new tests done, so we did and results were a bit different!

So what is the next step after day 21 bloods? Do you start on IVF?

I hear ya. My obgyn sent DH on my insistence and his results were awesome. Then when we started with this new RE, she wanted all new tests done, so we did and results were a bit different!

So what is the next step after day 21 bloods? Do you start on IVF?

we have to go in on the 27th to get all of our bloodwork results from the past month and i guess we'll go from there and see what the doctor says

Ahh first day of back working and I miss quite a bit. Sorry ladies.

chic the good thing about IVF is that with your hubby's low SA results you will still be ok. We are doing IVF/ICSI as well. It does add a little to the cost but it has to be done. I hope you are ok and the shock of the SA has gotten a little better throughout the day. :hugs: It will be ok.

haj I hope that your test this weeks goes well.

I got an email today giving me the run down of the cost and what we need to put down for a down payment. I'm glad it was in an email because I was able to share it with hubby this evening and we were able to talk about it together. It really helps haven everything broken down and explained. Looks like we have to put down $9,500.00 right after meds are started. I'm feeling much better now and a little more relaxed.

EDIT: jchic are you still able to do an IUI with injections before IVF or did you already do that. I feel like I missed something here. Sorry to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"