IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah didnt realize gonal came in smaller doses. always got the 1050 and kept it in the fridge. are they saying to use 2 vials? or to use 150? because there is overfill in those vials. i only used the pen once and HATED it. too fiddly. much easier to draw stuff up.

Mrs C - I was nervous to post just in case something delayed this process, because that's my luck lol. I have been a silent stalker and routing for everyone.

4everyoung - I wish you all the luck in the world with this cycle!!

Jenn - we didn't either!! No they put him to sleep. We are planning in fighting it because it's just crazy what they are trying to charge. We are paying for ivf out of pocket, so this crazy added cost is just too much right now.

Drsquid - first time they said use 3, now they said 150.

ah didnt realize gonal came in smaller doses. always got the 1050 and kept it in the fridge. are they saying to use 2 vials? or to use 150? because there is overfill in those vials. i only used the pen once and HATED it. too fiddly. much easier to draw stuff up.

i agree. the pen is dumb. i would feel confident i was getting the right dose if i drew it up. those pen clicks worry me. im always nervous i didnt get all the dose out. and once the pen sucked blood back into the chamber. I used the rest of the med although my pharmacist friend said it was "defective"... i was like, yeah i paid a lot for this pen, im using it all.

stinas: that is absolutely absurd! 10K more?? I mean, they should have given you a price range if there was the possibility of it increasing by that much. Sometimes I feel these doctors know its your only hope so they keep telling you to pay $$ because they know most probably will pay it to have a baby. Sometimes I feel like its a scam. Who has 10K just sitting around?? Thats why I hated the reproductive urologist and we did not get the mtese... the dr was demanding money upfront to even schedule the procedure...our insurance would have covered a small amount of it but he still said it would be around 7k out of pocket....everytime we went to the clinic it was give us $$. We are done with that clinic and if we need another opinion we will search high and low for a better dr.

I'm glad to know I got the better one!! I was originally supposed to get the pen, but the doc had these on hand and just gave me a bunch.

I LOVED the pen, so easy to use and the needle never hurt :) I've never had issue with them.

Stinas welcome and good luck

Jenn how are things looking for your embies? Did you get an update?

DrS - Cool on the radiology

I'm tired, so quick hi to everyone else! My scan is tomorrow morning.

Likely won't see much besides the gestational sac and yoke sac but my clinic scan is the 10th so not much further after.

Hi All, I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement after the negative test Friday. It is so nice to have people who understand what I am going through. I'm going to try to get all caught up.

Kelly- good luck at your scan tomorrow. I cant wait to hear how it goes!

Az- I'm so glad you have frosties to work with and get to try right away!

Drs- I think I would be scanning all the time if I had your job!

Ksluice- how are the injections going? Are they getting easier?

Jenn- Good luck with your transfer tomorrow! it sounds like your embryos are doing great!

Andrea- i hope all goes well and you get to trigger tomorrow.

South- yay for betas that double!

MrsC- I tested with an ic on Friday. How are you feeling? I'm glad your hubby will be home for your scan.

Notgivingup- hopefully those follies ar all ready!

Broody- Yay for getting all your meds. thats great that you get help paying for them! i think mine were $4500. my insurance pays for nothing!

Angels- how strange that they made you choose! did the embryologist tell you which were the best?

Bubu- how are you doing?

Swepakepa- are you surviving your tww ok?

Stinas- Welcome! good luck!

4everyoung- welcome, this is a great group! I hope your baseline us goes well tomorrow. Can I ask how you lost the weight?

Mobaby- How are you doing?

I know I missed people and I'm sorry. Thinking of all of you!

AFM, I have been up ans down mood wise since the negative test Friday. I have a feeling af is coming. I have been crampy all day and when I just went to the bathroom I had some spotting. I will wait and see. I go Tuesday for my beta. Im worried if it didn't work because I don't know if I can move right in to another cycle because I teach and the school year will be starting up the end of next month. Its difficult to have a sub for my second graders at the beginning of the year. Its so hard to have so many mixed feelings and have my family not fully understand what I'm feeling. Ah well. . . I hope everyone has a good night!

Welcome to the new girls!!

Stinas - I know everyone has said it already but wow that's a huge price increase!! :wacko: Are they trying to charge ye by the minute for the extra time they had to spend?!! :haha: I think you're right to want to go ahead with the vials you have. Once you get to this stage I think you've done all the waiting you can do! :coffee:

4ever - good luck with your scan tomor! When is your estimated EC? Well done to yourself and dh for making all the changes the FS asked for! :thumbup: I really hope this will be your bfp cycle!

Jenn - you're nearly there! How are the embies doing today?! I agree it's awful how ignored infertility is by the insurance companies and gov. health services :growlmad: And (from what I've read on here) in the UK whether or not you get help depends on what part of the country you live in which seems totally crazy! Should be the same rule for all!

Swepakepa - sorry you felt pressured into 2 but as long as there's a :baby: at the end of this it'll be worth it!! When do you test or are you waiting for your beta?

Kelly - happy scanning today! Bring us back a photo!

BOMO - fx'd your pains are just your uterus stretching and the spotting is your embies getting comfy! Sending loads of :dust:

Angels - that is strange that she was still pushing for FET when ye'd already told her no! I presume you mean you're thinking of testing 7 or 8 days after your transfer? (and not 7dpo!!) That sounds good to me but I'm not at that stage of all this yet! When did all you other lovely ladies start testing?

Big welcome to the new ladies :wave:

Concerning the costs - we are facing a financial dilemma too! We have private insurance and state insurance. I am privately insured, my husband state. The situation here is : private insurance would pay for it all, if it were "my fault", but if, at the point where we start the hormone stimulation, it is evident it is my husband, they won't pay a cent. The state insurance covers my husband's costs ... all of 40 EUR! Funnily enough, when they finally managed to get some sperm from him to freeze, that didn't fall under "his costs" and we had to pay that privately too. ICSI (which is what we have to do) is also more expensive than IVF - so we are having to cover everything : Meds, treatment, operation, freezing, thawing etc. etc. out of our own pockets...
What they did do : they stuck to the prices they had told us. What they have done to you, Stinas, is abominable!

AFM ... first blood test is tomorrow. I am hoping that my bad night is actually a good sign! I had a temp dip two days after transfer, so I am hoping that it was an implantation dip. And last night, I couldn't get off to sleep, as my abdomen was crampy (not in a bad way, sort of twinging, not painful, but noticable enough to make me aware) and once asleep I would wake up every so often and feel it. So again - not wanting to jinx anything, but I am hoping that it is a good sign!

:dust::dust::dust:

bomo- i haz no willpower. dunno how to take pics though.,. ill have to watch next time so i know how to take my own pics.

Bubu: good luck! Fx and baby dust!!

Bomo: I'm good. I'm on schedule now :) sept 10 is ec day... Start injections aug 28 and on bcp until aug 26 :) I have trial transfer and saline hysterosonogram Wednesday.
Sorry about your neg hpt :( not out until af/neg beta.

Swepakepa- are you surviving your tww ok?
I am surviving.... its killing me though....I really want to know already :)

Welcome to the new girls!!

Swepakepa - sorry you felt pressured into 2 but as long as there's a :baby: at the end of this it'll be worth it!! When do you test or are you waiting for your beta?

Yes, it will be worth it in the end... My beta is scheduled for next monday 8/6, however i will be in NYC that morning, so i need to call and maybe i can go 8/5 on our way down.... or see if we can stop of the way back later in the afternoon..I will most likely POAS some time at the end of the week...I know its to early and don't want to get false hope or daubts... its tough not to test now though

Your Beta is on my birthday :) I hope that brings you luck :hugs:
Thank you - my blood test is tomorrow :dust:

oops sorry well good luck tomorrow!!! Maybe it will be a great day for you and me!! (your birthday)

Thank you :) My fingers are crossed for the best birthday present I could be given :) I hope that we both have something to celebrate :hugs:

Welcome to the new girls! :hi:

MrsC - Your scan will be here before you know it! Glad your hubby will be there to share the excitement with you :)

Kelly - Good luck with your scan!

bubu - Good luck tomorrow!

Jenn - Good luck with your transfer; you will soon be PUPO :happydance:

Bomo - how are you doing? Good luck with your beta tomorrow!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, being away over the weekend, this thread is booming! I took out the nuvaring Saturday; thank goodness! And ironically since I took it out, I have not had any migraines/headaches. I am now waiting for AF to show; just hope it is soon!

Well went to get the trigger and I have too many mature follies ;~( crushed....I have 8 of them so birth control here i come bawling eyes out n parking lot ;~(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"