IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ladies been told anything about sex while stimming? They said no rigorous exercise to prevent my ovaries from twisting (and b/c I will probably feel sore and bloated). But if it is still early in the stimming process and I feel normal (and I take it pretty easy, if you know what I mean :winkwink:), is it ok or a big no-no?

Have you ladies been told anything about sex while stimming? They said no rigorous exercise to prevent my ovaries from twisting (and b/c I will probably feel sore and bloated). But if it is still early in the stimming process and I feel normal (and I take it pretty easy, if you know what I mean :winkwink:), is it ok or a big no-no?

I was told no sex. Even if I wasn't I'd rather suck it up for a few weeks just in case

s08~ I haven't heard that one but it's good to know. I do know that sex is a big no at our clinic after the transfer.

sekky~ Have you had your consult yet? My last update says you were having it in April and starting IVF this month.

honeycheeks~ I hope your consult went well.

everhopeful~ How did your appointment go yesterday?

MJ~ Two more weeks to go. I hope you get some good news soon. :hugs:

JennyLynn~ How is everything going for you? Did you start meds on the 27th as planned?

DancingDiva~ I hope ER went nice and smooth for you today. I look forward to your update! :thumbup:

Oneof14~ Good luck at your appointment today. I hope all goes well and you get some good news.

Casperelf~ It's almost test day!! Is 5/5 the day of your beta? If so will you be testing before that?

asali, l8bloomer, JDH, and Lucie~ Just letting you know I'm thinking of you all and I hope you are doing well.

As for everyone else I hope the waiting, meds, and everything in-between are going ok. :flower: Sorry if I missed any updates. Trying to keep up with the front page is a little tough sometimes.

Hey mrs, ER went well I got 10 eggs they said everything looks really good so far I'll find out tomorrow if they fertilised.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a break from it :blush:

Just wanted to let you ladies know I'm still around. One week until our second opinion apt. We're nearing the end of the school year (17 school days left!!!!) so things have been SUPER crazy! Hopefully I'll have some info to post after next week's apt!

Hi all, can I join you? It seems I know a lot of you from other threads. Starting our IVF journey after two failed clomid/IUI cycles. I am on BCP currently (one week down, two to go) and starting Lupron next week. Egg retrieval should be at the end of the month or beginning of June. Excited and scared, and dreading all the meds, and all the expense (and time), but what are you going to do?

Really hoping it works first try.

Going for a second opinion tomorrow at a fertility clinic with a higher IVF success rate than my current clinic. Just in case we need a second round.

:dust: to all! I look forward to taking this journey with all of you.

I dunno about this one - my info leaflet says for the male partner to "empty" (doesn't say empty but couldn't think of a polite word) every 2-3 days prior to egg collection but doesn't say no sex. I agree with bluestorm - quite looking forward to a little break from it!!!

Michelle - Lupron is continued whilst on stims to prevent premature ovulation.

.... still want to know what everyone is doing work-wise in their 2ww?? Casper are you off work just now?

Hi all, can I join you? It seems I know a lot of you from other threads. Starting our IVF journey after two failed clomid/IUI cycles. I am on BCP currently (one week down, two to go) and starting Lupron next week. Egg retrieval should be at the end of the month or beginning of June. Excited and scared, and dreading all the meds, and all the expense (and time), but what are you going to do?

Going for a second opinion tomorrow at a fertility clinic with a higher IVF success rate than my current clinic. Just in case we need a second round.

Hi DaisyQ!

Looks like we'll be cycling at the same time. I start Buserelin on 8th May (Tues). Egg collection should be the beginning of June sometime.

Ali x

got my "plan" from the doc today. go for progesterone level on the 11th then start lupron that day. hopefully get my period on the 21st and get a baseline us on the 22nd (this could be dicey cause i leave for philly on the 22nd at midnight, but i guess i can get us in philly too). then around june 1 i start gonal f. of course i dont end up using my cetrotide... sigh. 6 boxes of that go to waste. noticed they didnt say anything about bcp to get from may 22nd to june 1.. but emailed the doc and he wrote back in minutes saying people dont usually ovulate on lupron so i guess that is what is going to shift my cycle.

Hey ladies, went for my IVF class and mapping sono today. It was a very long day. My protocol is starting Climara patch, Bravelle, Menopour, and Ganirelix Acetate (similar to lupron) all before ER and progesterone injectection as well as suppositories. My doctor also said I tested as a carrier for some blood clotting disorder, not MTHFR, and he wants to put me on another injection of Lovenox to help thin my blood after transfer. They are starting me off of 4 powders of Bravelle and 2 powders of Menopour. Anyone taking a similar dose? We also opted to do some IVF some ICSI. My mapping sono went great, no fibroids.

We are not going to start until June, as my DH will not be here during a lot of may to inject and also give a fresh sample.

I left there will a boat load of information and a migraine. I will say the IVF nurses are much nicer then the IUI nurses.

So not looking forward to all these hormones and I am just praying for a BFP at the end of all this.

Hi DaisyQ!

Looks like we'll be cycling at the same time. I start Buserelin on 8th May (Tues). Egg collection should be the beginning of June sometime.

Ali x

Wow! Another Daisy, and cycle buddies at that! Looking forward to getting through this with you. :flower:

Oneof14, :hugs:

At least maybe now we know what your issue, or one issue is - the clotting factor. I have a good feeling for you.

Welcome DaisyQ! I'm gonna get confused with both Daisy(ies)!

oneof14, sorry your appt. was so long. But at least you are getting the ball rolling!

Diva, can't wait to hear your update tomorrow!

Lucie, glad you're still hanging around.

Afm, I just received the result of my day 3 (of stims) bloods. In case anyone wants to compare, my e2 was 181, which the nurse said was good. I will stay on the same stims for now (225 follistim, 75 menopur, and 5 lupron), and have another blood draw and ultrasound in 2 days.

About the sex question, I don't mind the reprieve so much either, but I was trying to be a dutiful wife if possible. :haha:

got my "plan" from the doc today. go for progesterone level on the 11th then start lupron that day. hopefully get my period on the 21st and get a baseline us on the 22nd (this could be dicey cause i leave for philly on the 22nd at midnight, but i guess i can get us in philly too). then around june 1 i start gonal f. of course i dont end up using my cetrotide... sigh. 6 boxes of that go to waste. noticed they didnt say anything about bcp to get from may 22nd to june 1.. but emailed the doc and he wrote back in minutes saying people dont usually ovulate on lupron so i guess that is what is going to shift my cycle.

Not everyone does BCP before starting lupron. There are so many variations on protocols it seems...

I think they use BCP for extra suppression, to minimize chances of a cyst, and to help time the whole process. :shrug: I kind of wish I was only doing 2 weeks of BCP, but they have me going for 3 weeks.

As for your extra drugs, you should see if you can donate them to an IF clinic... many accept drug donations to help others finance their cycle.

Speaking of which, I think we are going to be 3K out of pocket for our drugs. My husband is freaking out, even though our actual IVF will be covered (just one round). I really hope it works, because if we are out of pocket for round two, I don't know how he'll react to that price tag.

well i thought i needed it to time it and he had said i was going to use bcp but then he just has me on lupron for ages... im aiming for egg retrieval the week of june 11 cause im off (and hopefully wont end up having to go to court too). lupron appears to come in a 14 day kit but id be on it for like 3 weeks before starting stimms. everything of mine is out of pocket. every penny. and yes that is my plan, i know there are people on line that want the meds but... i know that my doc works with low income fertility patients so i will happily hand the meds over to him to distribute as needed once im sure i dont need them.

Speaking of which, I think we are going to be 3K out of pocket for our drugs. My husband is freaking out, even though our actual IVF will be covered (just one round). I really hope it works, because if we are out of pocket for round two, I don't know how he'll react to that price tag.

We pay out of pocket for whole thing, and breaking the price tag to my hubby was definitely difficult. Telling him about the fender-bender I got into on the way to my clinic this morning (totally my fault) was also fun news to tell. Ugh.

Back to the sex question, in case anyone was wondering, my nurse just responded to my e-mail with following: "You do not need to abstain until we get closer to egg retrieval. At that time he should abstain for 2-5 days prior to sperm collection."

Daisy, I hope so, but I asked the doctor if that could be the reason for me not getting pregnant and he said no, because it just becomes a factor if I am pregnant. He did say that we definitely are unexplained at this point.

I dont even know what the meds are going to cost for us I hope just co-pays, they already ordered it all for me, so I am biting my nails w/the price.

SO8, my nurse really did tell you to abstain, not that we have really been just "in the mood" lately. How often do you go for blood during stims? My nurse told me everyday, seems like it was a lot to me. I am happy everything is going as it should for you.

Drs - sounds like a great plan!! f'xd for you for this cycle. I agree w/Daisy that you should donate your unused meds to the clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back