IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yayyy!! I think tonight!! I need to look into everything about IVF a little more because some of the questions you ladies have already proposed im like what does that meannnnnn???

Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me joining in! we are looking to start IVF this July and it will be great to have a place like this where one can get support and share!! I am currently working on losing some weight and staying healthy.

Cheers.

Welcome asali, sorry to see you here, but you're defo in the right place for lots of support. This is the only place where people know exactly what you're going through so definitely in good hands lol

I love the idea of us all being bump buddies! Sharing the IVF journey and then the pregnancy journey with you lovely ladies would be fab!

Love to all xx

Welcome asali :hi: we are all here to support each other so like JDH said you have come to the right place. I will go ahead and add you to the front page.

JDH you are absolutely right! It will be wonderful. I can't wait for all of this to get started.

I hope all you ladies are doing well. I'm looking forward to my appointment coming up and wishing it would get here sooner. Then again it kinda makes me a little sad because hubby leaves the day after. It's just one of those things I guess.

I don't think i will be contributing any question will just wait to steal what you all come up with:winkwink::shrug:

Sounds good sekky, if you think of anything though let us know. :thumbup: Are you still just going in in April and getting started?

Hey ladies! How was everyones weekend? some of us have appts this week, how exciting!!!! I go on Weds and took the day off from work and so did DH. I am SO nervous but anxious to learn more and get things underway!

Ok girls here is the list of all the questions we've come up with. If anyone thinks of more let me know and I will add them to this list.

Who does TESE and when to contact?

How many embryos are put back?

Do we need more testing?

Difference between long and short protocol?

Any idea of what our meds will be like?

How long will meds most likely take?

Where to get the meds?

Ideal weight for IVF?

Chances of OHSS?

How can we make sure I don't get OHSS?

Average scans per week/cycle?

Views on bed rest after transfer?

Are the stats on the SART website based on positive pregnancy tests only?

Is there a class to show how to do injections? (there was one at my previous clinic)

What is the difference between long and short protocol?

Will I be put on BCP before we start?

Is there anything I should start to do to get my body prepared for IVF? (diet changes, supplements, ect)

ICIS vs. Natural fertilization?

3 day vs 5 day transfer?

Will you be performing the collection and transfer or will it be a different re?

Medication / sedation used for retrieval?

Type of freezing used on embryo's (i.e. fast freeze vitrification vs. slow freeze)

How many eggs do they typically look for?

What is the current success rate for your clinic?

How many cycles do you perform per year at the clinic?

What is the basic cost of the IVF treatment?

What additional costs would / could be incurred?

What happens to the costs if the cycle has to be abandoned?

Hi Bluestorm,

What about the following I got these results online when i googled ;)

Hey ladies! How was everyones weekend? some of us have appts this week, how exciting!!!! I go on Weds and took the day off from work and so did DH. I am SO nervous but anxious to learn more and get things underway!

Woo hoo how exciting!! Let us know asap how it goes!!

Ok girls here is the list of all the questions we've come up with. If anyone thinks of more let me know and I will add them to this list.

Who does TESE and when to contact?

How many embryos are put back?

Do we need more testing?

Difference between long and short protocol?

Any idea of what our meds will be like?

How long will meds most likely take?

Where to get the meds?

Ideal weight for IVF?

Chances of OHSS?

How can we make sure I don't get OHSS?

Average scans per week/cycle?

Views on bed rest after transfer?

Are the stats on the SART website based on positive pregnancy tests only?

Is there a class to show how to do injections? (there was one at my previous clinic)

What is the difference between long and short protocol?

Will I be put on BCP before we start?

Is there anything I should start to do to get my body prepared for IVF? (diet changes, supplements, ect)

ICIS vs. Natural fertilization?

3 day vs 5 day transfer?

Will you be performing the collection and transfer or will it be a different re?

Medication / sedation used for retrieval?

Type of freezing used on embryo's (i.e. fast freeze vitrification vs. slow freeze)

How many eggs do they typically look for?

Awesome list!! I'll definitely be using some of those!!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me joining in! we are looking to start IVF this July and it will be great to have a place like this where one can get support and share!! I am currently working on losing some weight and staying healthy.

Cheers.

Welcome hun!!:flower:

AFM: I had to get all my blood tests on Saturday. They took 23 VILES of blood from me!!! I said to the lady are you allowed to take that much lol. I felt like she was sucking me dry. So all the bloodwork they needed is done, so now we just wait for them to call. Waiting sucks lol:dohh: I feel like that's all I've been doing ttc. waiting for my bfp, waiting to see if I get my period, waiting for results. waiting is exhausting!!! but hopefully now we'll have some more answers. He said 2 weeks. So I'm hoping the Monday after St. Patricks Day (My Birthday!!! :cake:) we'll hear something!! Hows everyone else???

Hi Bluestorm,

What about the following I got these results online when i googled ;)

Welcome Asali! Thanks for the great questions, I added them to the list

Jchic - I'm so excited it is consult week! Yay- it seemed to go pretty fast so hopefully the rest of our time goes by quickly too.

Haj - Wowza that is a lot of blood!! they took about 15 from me and I almost fainted I had to stop half way thru and rest and the tubing from the needle started shaking like crazy (I think b\c I was getting nervous and my heart started beating really fast) I'm sure you are glad that is over with.

Jchic - I'm so excited it is consult week! Yay- it seemed to go pretty fast so hopefully the rest of our time goes by quickly too.

Haj - Wowza that is a lot of blood!! they took about 15 from me and I almost fainted I had to stop half way thru and rest and the tubing from the needle started shaking like crazy (I think b\c I was getting nervous and my heart started beating really fast) I'm sure you are glad that is over with.

haha me too. and the lady was like awww your pregnant? (I guess they take a lot of those tests during pregnancy) and I was like no just trying. but it sucks i want to be able to just say yes already!!

aww isnt it aweful when they ask if ur preggo

i was at the dentist the other week and thee is a question are u pregnant, i ticked yes accidently, and the dentist said ohhh ur pregnant congrats,, and i said no,, and he saaid id ticked the box,, i apologised and felt silly x

aww isnt it aweful when they ask if ur preggo

i was at the dentist the other week and thee is a question are u pregnant, i ticked yes accidently, and the dentist said ohhh ur pregnant congrats,, and i said no,, and he saaid id ticked the box,, i apologised and felt silly x

its because its all thats on our brain most of the time. i got the lecture from my family again last nigth that you need to relax. stop stressing, it will happen. and i get that i totally do but my mom, my gma, aunts, and brothers gf never had a hard time ttc...so i just want to yell sometimes...you just dont get it!!!

i no,, i want to scream
i feel like saying, when uv walked in my shoes then u can judge me!!

xx

takes the piss really
my sil loves rubbing her 10 month old daugter in my face,, and she got pg again a few weeks bak, but had a ms at 6 weeks,, and althought its sad, part of me thinks maybe she now knows what its like to have hopes and dreams pinned onto somthing for it to be taken away
i mean in life, we find a lovely man,get married and have a bby, im stil stuck on the 3rd one xx

takes the piss really
my sil loves rubbing her 10 month old daugter in my face,, and she got pg again a few weeks bak, but had a ms at 6 weeks,, and althought its sad, part of me thinks maybe she now knows what its like to have hopes and dreams pinned onto somthing for it to be taken away
i mean in life, we find a lovely man,get married and have a bby, im stil stuck on the 3rd one xx

yeah me too. they third one has turned out to be tricky for me. My younger brother is 21 and him and his gf had an oops last january and just had a baby in oct and he is one of the ones telling me it will just happen and honestly i want to smack him everytime bc you had an accident. you have no idea how im feeling AT ALL!! i mean dont get me wrong i LOVEEEEE my nephew to death, but sometimes its hard seeing him knowing how bad we want a baby. my best friend got pregnant her first month trying and has a 6 month old now. so its kinda all around me. then i see these stupid 16 and pregnant shows or now snooki is pregnant. like how does that happen?? how do sooo many ppl have ooppss and dont want or dont deserve a child and we work so hard and deal with it day in and day out

I scream really loud sometimes in my car! It seems to help for a minute but I sometimes wish I could scream right in everyone's face. I"m too scared they might lock me up in the loney bin if I do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->