IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Signora - here is an update for me - transfered two 8cells and one 10cell this morning Beta on 9/28 :)

Yay miss Annabelle!! Your beta date is the same as my FET date. Hopefully it will be a lucky day for us both!!

Signora - here is an update for me - transfered two 8cells and one 10cell this morning Beta on 9/28 :)

yay... fingers crossed for you!! xoxo

AFM: took my last birth control pill last night... continuing lupron... and waiting for AF!! I'm excited to get started on stimming!!!

Keep us posted Annabelle! Did they transfer two or three? i feel like i'm misreading that..

AFM: took my last birth control pill last night... continuing lupron... and waiting for AF!! I'm excited to get started on stimming!!!

Keep us posted Annabelle! Did they transfer two or three? i feel like i'm misreading that..

Hey Annette
I'm sure af will be here before you know it-mime usually comes 2-3 days after last bcp. Lol they put 3 back 2 8 cell and 1 10 cell embryo.

Yay for last pill. She usually shows up after 3 days...

Hi All,

I am in the middle of my first IVF cycle (and only IVF cycle). I had the ER on Friday and they were able to retrieve 15 eggs. I got the call this morning that only 7 of them fertilized using ICSI. I must say I was a little dismayed with the low % that fertilized. The Dr is not sure whether he wants to do a 3 day transfer or a 5 day transfer. He said he'd call me tomorrow to let me know. They are going to do assisted hatching before implantation too.

History about me:

I'm 39 (almost 40) and single and using donor sperm. I'm doing this on my own, and as you can see from my signature, I have had a few IUIs and I'm now doing an IVF. I have not been officially diagnosed with any fertility issues, but am a little overweight, have controlled hypothyroidism and possibly a mild case of PCOS, although my labs don't show PCOS. So I'm sure my age, hypothyroidism, weight and mild PCOS are not optimal. Although my ovarian reserve came back looking great.

When I was stimulating, I managed to grow 33 follicles and my estrogen at time of trigger was 5133. Because of this, they gave me albumin during my ER and so far, I have not had horrible symptoms of OHSS. In fact I felt worse the day before trigger than I do now! I must say that for the past few days I have been drinking gatorade/pedialyte and eating high protein foods, both are said to have profound effects on mitigating OHSS.

I do have a few questions, that perhaps you ladies have answers for?

1) Why would a FS want to do the transfer on day 3 vs day 5?
2) Why did I have such poor response to fertilization of my eggs? Seems like all I have read about ICSI states that you should get close to 100% success? What would cause the poor fertilization rate? Is it due to a bad embryologist? Bad sperm or bad eggs? From what I have read most say it is due to the sperm. Was just curious if anyone has other thoughts?

Thanks all! Sending lots of sticky :dust: to you all!

Hey Annette
I'm sure af will be here before you know it-mime usually comes 2-3 days after last bcp. Lol they put 3 back 2 8 cell and 1 10 cell embryo.

oohh.... keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! ooxoxox do you usually pee on a stick early.. or are you going to wait for your beta? im a POAS addict.. unfortunately :(

Yay for last pill. She usually shows up after 3 days...

Tick.. tock.. tick tock... lol... can you tell im a bit anxious ? lol...

Welcome to the newbies!

Miss annabelle - Great news on your transfer. FX'd for you and sending you lots of :dust::dust::dust:

:wave:Welcome Alicatt

Annette Cali - Hope AF comes soon and you can start stims yay!!!! :happydance:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM - Day 3 of stims and no side effects as of yet. Not even any burning sensation after injecting. Hope it is doing its stuff. I should be thankful for no side effects but i have read that so many other people do im starting to over think it. Well thursday cant come soon enough til my appt to find out whats really going on! :kiss:

Looks like I'll be a few days behind you with my transfer either 9/17 or 9/19, Dr is unsure whether he wants to do a 3 day or 5 day transfer, said he would let me know later today. :dust: to you!!!

Welcome, Alicatt! I too am on my first IVF cycle and hoping we all get your BFPs ASAP! I can't answer your questions, but I have a friend who got preggo on a day 3 and just had her baby boy! I know it's hard, but don't worry yourself about that which you cannot control. Treat yourself well, pamper yourself, watch funny movies and TV and have some laughs! I try to remind myself this every day. :hugs:

MissAnnabelle, so excited for you! Glad you got some gorgeous embies! Here's the closest thing I could find for Implantation: :headspin:

AnnetteCali, yay for last BCP! Hope you see AF soon!

Sandy83, glad stimming is going well!

I just had my 7th stim injection today and started Ganirelix yesterday. Dull needle, so had to ice, but it was quick and no burning!

Got more statuses up on page 1! Everyone else, send me yours!

Welcome alicat, we also have our first IVF and only one since we are paying on our own. I was diagnosed with PCOS so I hope to have a good amount of follies without OHSS. The Dr said it didn't matter if it was 3 or 5 day transfer.
Sending you lots of :dust:

:wave:Welcome Alicatt

Annette Cali - Hope AF comes soon and you can start stims yay!!!! :happydance:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM - Day 3 of stims and no side effects as of yet. Not even any burning sensation after injecting. Hope it is doing its stuff. I should be thankful for no side effects but i have read that so many other people do im starting to over think it. Well thursday cant come soon enough til my appt to find out whats really going on! :kiss:
Sandy I am with you! Second day and no symptoms. No burning sensation either. I was getting worried too. I did feel some tingles yesterday but that was it. My appt is also on Thursday. Which meds are you taking? I'm taking Lupron and Follistim.

Happybunny - it always takes a few days for me before any symptoms start. The medicine always makes me feel really sick, but my Dh's aunt did IVF three times and it was successful each time and she never felt any side effects from the medicine. She had a really easy time with the whole thing I guess.

Hi All,

I am in the middle of my first IVF cycle (and only IVF cycle). I had the ER on Friday and they were able to retrieve 15 eggs. I got the call this morning that only 7 of them fertilized using ICSI. I must say I was a little dismayed with the low % that fertilized. The Dr is not sure whether he wants to do a 3 day transfer or a 5 day transfer. He said he'd call me tomorrow to let me know. They are going to do assisted hatching before implantation too.

History about me:

I'm 39 (almost 40) and single and using donor sperm. I'm doing this on my own, and as you can see from my signature, I have had a few IUIs and I'm now doing an IVF. I have not been officially diagnosed with any fertility issues, but am a little overweight, have controlled hypothyroidism and possibly a mild case of PCOS, although my labs don't show PCOS. So I'm sure my age, hypothyroidism, weight and mild PCOS are not optimal. Although my ovarian reserve came back looking great.

When I was stimulating, I managed to grow 33 follicles and my estrogen at time of trigger was 5133. Because of this, they gave me albumin during my ER and so far, I have not had horrible symptoms of OHSS. In fact I felt worse the day before trigger than I do now! I must say that for the past few days I have been drinking gatorade/pedialyte and eating high protein foods, both are said to have profound effects on mitigating OHSS.

I do have a few questions, that perhaps you ladies have answers for?

1) Why would a FS want to do the transfer on day 3 vs day 5?
2) Why did I have such poor response to fertilization of my eggs? Seems like all I have read about ICSI states that you should get close to 100% success? What would cause the poor fertilization rate? Is it due to a bad embryologist? Bad sperm or bad eggs? From what I have read most say it is due to the sperm. Was just curious if anyone has other thoughts?

Thanks all! Sending lots of sticky :dust: to you all!

Hey there!
Welcome to the thread! I know my estrogen was 7700 when I was supposed to trigger so they had to let me coast a few days. I think that on average on 70% of eggs fertilize even with ICSI. I think that 7 is a really good number! The ideal amount of eggs to retrieve is 9, so you got way more than that. I think that based on the progression of the eggs they decide on whether or not to do a 3 or 5 day tranfer. I'm not really sure, as my clinic almost always does 3dt. It sounds to me like you are really doing well so far. Try not to focus on the statistics, but focus on the positives and try to stay away from google as much as possible;)

Annette - I will probably test, but not too early this time. Maybe next Sunday or later?

This is neat:

THREE DAY TRANSFER:
1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Annette - I will probably test, but not too early this time. Maybe next Sunday or later?

This is neat:

THREE DAY TRANSFER:
1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Thanks! That is really helpful information! So I really shouldn't bother to test earlier than 14 DPER it sounds like, that is a long wait! I hope I can make it that long!

Happybunny - it always takes a few days for me before any symptoms start. The medicine always makes me feel really sick, but my Dh's aunt did IVF three times and it was successful each time and she never felt any side effects from the medicine. She had a really easy time with the whole thing I guess.
Thanks I worry about not having enough follies. It's our only chance so I would like to have embrios left over if our first one doesn't work.

This one is for a 5-Day Transfer:
-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Happybunny - I had bad symptoms and bloating during the whole thing. My friend did her cycle at the same time as me and had more follicles than me and felt fine, so just wait and see and try not to stress:) She had 36 and I had 30 follicles and neither of us had any to freeze. I guess it is uncommon, but it does happen. Hopefully this will be your bfp and you won't need any frosties!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->