IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Thanks HappyBunny :hugs:

I really hadn't thought about it up until now. Hopefully I'll get to 5 days so maybe Mon or tues next week. I can't believe it, it has all happened so fast! :happydance:

I really hadn't thought about it up until now. Hopefully I'll get to 5 days so maybe Mon or tues next week. I can't believe it, it has all happened so fast! :happydance:

Its just like DPO, you start with day 1 on the day after your retrieval. So if you are having your retrieval on Wednesday, then a day 3 transfer would be Saturday, and a day 5 would be Monday.

I know because I am right in the middle of the transfers. My egg retrieval was on Friday, and yesterday they determined that my embryos were sufficient to wait until a day 5 transfer. So now my transfer will be on Wednesday, the same day as your egg retrieval!

Congrats, and best of luck :thumbup:

Mind if I join you? I'm due to start short protocol IVF/ICSI on Friday so all going well EC will be first week of October. Feeling more nervous second time round - it was better going into it with limited knowledge last time!

Its just like DPO, you start with day 1 on the day after your retrieval. So if you are having your retrieval on Wednesday, then a day 3 transfer would be Saturday, and a day 5 would be Monday.

I know because I am right in the middle of the transfers. My egg retrieval was on Friday, and yesterday they determined that my embryos were sufficient to wait until a day 5 transfer. So now my transfer will be on Wednesday, the same day as your egg retrieval!

Congrats, and best of luck :thumbup:

Thanks alicat, really helpful :hugs:

Oh gosh good luck on weds too! Hope I make it to day 5 also x

Mind if I join you? I'm due to start short protocol IVF/ICSI on Friday so all going well EC will be first week of October. Feeling more nervous second time round - it was better going into it with limited knowledge last time!

Welcome :hugs:

Athena and Alicatt, good luck with your transfers! Welcome to everyone joining our thread!

I went in for my appt. today and my RE decided to move our ER to Thursday instead of Friday. So triggering tomorrow! He's also going to aspirate the cyst on my left ovary during my ER.

Athena and Alicatt, good luck with your transfers! Welcome to everyone joining our thread!

I went in for my appt. today and my RE decided to move our ER to Thursday instead of Friday. So triggering tomorrow! He's also going to aspirate the cyst on my left ovary during my ER.

That is great news! Congrats!! Just a few more days now, YAY!

Looks like I missed a lot over the weekend! Good luck to all you ladies getting ready for ER! Wishing you all the best and lost of :dust:

Welcome newbies!!

MissAnnabelle - So exciting to transfer 3!! Fx's crossed for you!

AnnetteCali - Hoping AF is right around the corner!

Athena & SignoraL - Good Luck with ER this week! Wish I could be joining you!!

HappyBunny - Good Luck with Stimming! Wishing you the best!

AFM, still no really good news to share...still only have 4 follicles and now it looks like the other 3 stopped growing. RE still wants me to continue with meds and most likely convert to IUI either Thurs or Fri (what a waste of $$ on meds). So bummed! :cry: Keep wondering WTH happened this cycle?? I'm just not confident with IUI and dealing with MFI but who knows right...maybe our 5th time at IUI will be a blessing (trying to be optimistic). Hopefully, if this doesn't work out we can try IVF again right away. This time I will defintely go back to doing acupuncture too.

Sorry for those who I missed...limited time to type at work!

Man this thread is hoppin!! I can barely keep up with everyone. Good luck to all the upcoming ER and ETs.

Signora I bet your excited for ER to be moved up a day!!

Kchope so sorry your follies aren't cooperating. Hopefully your doctor will discuss the cycle with you and provide some insight as to why things didn't progress. I don't blame you, I would be sick over spending all that money on meds and not being able to have IVF. But, at least you can convert to IUI and still have a chance. You never know, this could bd your month!! Gl!

It is starting to feel real that we are getting a chance. We were only told a few months ago our pct were funding 1cycle after over a year of trying to think of ways to come up with the funds to give ourselves 1try. I went for my drug teach today and I feel slightly nervous about the whole process. I am hoping my lack of knowledge will help me through and to stay relaxed.

Good luck to all with ec, et and testing over the next few days x

Welcome :hi:

How exciting!! Good luck!

Looks like I missed a lot over the weekend! Good luck to all you ladies getting ready for ER! Wishing you all the best and lost of :dust:

Welcome newbies!!

AFM, still no really good news to share...still only have 4 follicles and now it looks like the other 3 stopped growing. RE still wants me to continue with meds and most likely convert to IUI either Thurs or Fri (what a waste of $$ on meds). So bummed! :cry: Keep wondering WTH happened this cycle?? I'm just not confident with IUI and dealing with MFI but who knows right... maybe our 5th time at IUI will be a blessing (trying to be optimistic). Hopefully, if this doesn't work out we can try IVF again right away. This time I will defintely go back to doing acupuncture too.

I'm sorry :hugs: I hope the IUI works for you. Did the Dr say why only 4 follicles? Are they planning on doing something different next time?

Welcome newbies!!

AFM, still no really good news to share...still only have 4 follicles and now it looks like the other 3 stopped growing. RE still wants me to continue with meds and most likely convert to IUI either Thurs or Fri (what a waste of $$ on meds). So bummed! :cry: Keep wondering WTH happened this cycle?? I'm just not confident with IUI and dealing with MFI but who knows right... maybe our 5th time at IUI will be a blessing (trying to be optimistic). Hopefully, if this doesn't work out we can try IVF again right away. This time I will defintely go back to doing acupuncture too.

I'm sorry :hugs: I hope the IUI works for you. Did the Dr say why only 4 follicles? Are they planning on doing something different next time?

Don't quote me on this, but I 'think' that it might be due to hormone overload. That is why they put some women on BCP for a cycle or 2 to get things back to being in sync. Then you jump off the PCP and right into an IVF cycle. Sounds like you need to talk with your RE and find out what the issue was. :hug:

Welcome newbies!!

AFM, still no really good news to share...still only have 4 follicles and now it looks like the other 3 stopped growing. RE still wants me to continue with meds and most likely convert to IUI either Thurs or Fri (what a waste of $$ on meds). So bummed! :cry: Keep wondering WTH happened this cycle?? I'm just not confident with IUI and dealing with MFI but who knows right...maybe our 5th time at IUI will be a blessing (trying to be optimistic). Hopefully, if this doesn't work out we can try IVF again right away. This time I will defintely go back to doing acupuncture too.

kchope, I'm so sorry, hon. :hugs::hugs::hugs: Treat yourself well and continue with acupuncture. You never know, this IUI could be the one that works, and it's great if you can start IVF right away. Just keep up with the PMA and take care of yourself. Will be praying for you!

It is starting to feel real that we are getting a chance. We were only told a few months ago our pct were funding 1cycle after over a year of trying to think of ways to come up with the funds to give ourselves 1try. I went for my drug teach today and I feel slightly nervous about the whole process. I am hoping my lack of knowledge will help me through and to stay relaxed.

I was nervous too in the beginning but now I do my shots like nothing. Good luck and stay relaxed!

I was nervous too in the beginning but now I do my shots like nothing. Good luck and stay relaxed!

Yeah, it gets easier and easier. Still hate it when it stings a bit but it's over in a minute. DH gives me the shot, though. I look at pics from our wedding and honeymoon and of my family on my phone until it's done.

Welcome :hi:

Thats great news about neing brought forward, not long now!!! :happydance:Great news also about aspirating the cyst at the same time :thumbup:

So sorry to hear about the 4 follies and moving to IUI :hugs: as the other ladies have said this could be the one for you, but hopefully can move straight on to IVF if it not. Good Luck keep us informed :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->