IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Welcome to the forum beo2012. Good luck in your 2ww xx

Hello - Im kind of new to this board.
About my TTC Journey...

Me - 33 (low amh 0.46)
DH - 29 (morph, motility, and low count)
18 months of trying
Tried Clomid and Trigger Shots twice
Just completed 1st IVF/ICSI Cycle

8.9.12 - Started BC pill
9.1.12 - Started Stims
9.13.12 - Egg Retrieval - 11 eggs, 7 fertialized via ICSI, only 2 made it to Blastocyst stage(not sure of grading - clinic doesnt disclose)
9.14.12 - Started Progesterone Vaginal Gel and Estrace
9.18.12 - Embryo Transfer - transferred the 2 that made it
Continuing Progesterone and Estrace until Beta test

Hi beo2012, :hi: and welcome!

It seems like we are on almost identical journeys. I had my ER on 9/14 and ET on 9/19, and had 7 fertilize and only 2 blastocysts survived to day 5. So we transferred the 2 of them. I am doing progesterone in oil and vivelle dot for my progesterone and estrogen supplementation. My FS has scheduled my BETA for 10/1, which seems AGES from now!

There are a few others that are also in similar stages of their cycle and we are all hoping and praying that we see a :bfp: Best of luck to you!! :hug:

How are you doing? When are you testing?

Hi Ladies

I'm new to this site and wondered if I can join in the ivf journey with you!

I'm currently on round 2 of ICSI and currently down regging with Buserelin and have a baseline scan in a week or so.

I'm glad to say round 1 went well, I had 2 put back, lost one but kept one and have a very beautiful little girl.

I'm absolutely pooping myself about doing it again, as I unfortunately had OHSS twice, which left me in hospital for almost 4 weeks in total and dreading the though of having it again.

xxx

Hi Ladies

I'm currently on round 2 of ICSI and currently down regging with Buserelin and have a baseline scan in a week or so.

I'm glad to say round 1 went well, I had 2 put back, lost one but kept one and have a very beautiful little girl.

I'm absolutely pooping myself about doing it again, as I unfortunately had OHSS twice, which left me in hospital for almost 4 weeks in total and dreading the though of having it again.

xxx

Hi Saus and welcome:flower: So lovely to hear you have had a LO through ICSI. I bet the ohss was awful wasn't it? How many eggs did you make? Must have been very uncomfortable. I'm sure your Drs will have learned from it and will adjust your meds accordingly. Good luck down-regging, it will fly by!! :hugs:

Hi Ladies

xxx
Welcome :hi: I hope you get your bfp without OHSS. Hopefully your Dr will do something different to avoid OHSS.

Good to hear all the excellent news from everyone! I'm so happy for all you ladies and looking forward to reading all the bfp's to be forthcoming!

Just got back from our converted IUI. Timing couldn't be more spot on BUT my DH only had 1 mil post wash. Chances are pretty slim pickings but hoping for some kind of a miracle. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket too.

Thinking of you all and sending lots of dust your way!!

All you need is one. Stay positive. My sister in laws husband only had 600,000 and she has three kids. It only takes one.

Welcome, beo2012 and Saus! We're glad to have you on here! beo2012, good luck with your 2WW! Saus, so sorry about OHSS, but hope that this cycle works out and that you'll have another beautiful child!

Just hanging out with my heating pad as ovaries hurt just a bit. Starting our first PIO shot tonight and then progesterone and estrace suppositories tomorrow night. Glad we have the whole weekend to relax!

About my TTC Journey...

Me - 33 (low amh 0.46)
18 months of trying

8.9.12 - Started BC pill
9.1.12 - Started Stims
9.13.12 - Egg Retrieval - 11 eggs, 7 fertialized via ICSI, only 2 made it to Blastocyst stage(not sure of grading - clinic doesnt disclose)

Welcome :hi: I hope the 2WW go by fast!

About my TTC Journey...

Me - 33 (low amh 0.46)
18 months of trying

8.9.12 - Started BC pill
9.1.12 - Started Stims

Hi beo2012, :hi: and welcome!

It seems like we are on almost identical journeys. I had my ER on 9/14 and ET on 9/19, and had 7 fertilize and only 2 blastocysts survived to day 5. So we transferred the 2 of them. I am doing progesterone in oil and vivelle dot for my progesterone and estrogen supplementation. My FS has scheduled my BETA for 10/1, which seems AGES from now!

There are a few others that are also in similar stages of their cycle and we are all hoping and praying that we see a :bfp: Best of luck to you!! :hug:

How are you doing? When are you testing?

Im doing well -thanks! just anxious and trying not to think about how many more days I have left...I have my 1st beta on 9.28 (next friday).
Although i took a HPT today...it was a BIG bfn...not even a faint line from the trigger shot. lol
I know it was way to soon but i wanted to compare it to a HPT that Im going to take at the mid to end of next week.

How are you doing? any symptoms?

Hey beo2012 - my beta is 9/28 too!
Today I have been kind of light headed/dizzy feeling - but other than that nothing really. Kind of tired and tender boobs - slight bloating still, but I think that is the progestrone.

Things are really happening on here!!! Welcome beo2012 and sauc!!! Congratulations to Athena & SignoraL for your great fertilisation report!! Good luck to everyone on their 2WW and to the stimulating ladies!!
Can't wait to see the bfps popping up on this thread ;)

Today I have been kind of light headed/dizzy feeling - but other than that nothing really. Kind of tired and tender boobs - slight bloating still, but I think that is the progestrone.

Yay!!! That sounds promising!!! 9/28 is your beta, right?

Yay!!! That sounds promising!!! 9/28 is your beta, right?

Hi Ladies...

I finally start stimming tonight!!! yay!! I never thought i'd look forward to 30 something injections in 8 -9 days!! lol...

Hope all of you are doing well. Congrats to everyone who is PUPO.. fingers crossed we all get our BFP's!!

xoxo
Yay!!! How funny that we look forward to all the shots!

Had my first round of shots tonight.... it hurt like a mother *!!! The menopur burned more than usual.. ugh! I know this will all be worth it in the end! xoxo

good luck to everyone!
It is worth it. When is your next ultrasound?

Next ultrasound is tomorrow i believe. I go in at 845 am to have my blood drawn... I think they usually do an ultra sound as well. Not sure. If not tomorrow then Monday for sure :)

Hi Ladies...

I finally start stimming tonight!!! yay!! I never thought i'd look forward to 30 something injections in 8 -9 days!! lol...

Hope all of you are doing well. Congrats to everyone who is PUPO.. fingers crossed we all get our BFP's!!

xoxo

Had my first round of shots tonight.... it hurt like a mother *!!! The menopur burned more than usual.. ugh! I know this will all be worth it in the end! xoxo

good luck to everyone!

Next ultrasound is tomorrow i believe. I go in at 845 am to have my blood drawn... I think they usually do an ultra sound as well. Not sure. If not tomorrow then Monday for sure :)

Good luck, AnnetteCali!!! Hope you get good news - praying for lots of great follies for you!!!

I just did my first PIO shot! Iced it up so I didn't feel it. Now I'm sitting on my heating pad!

Hi Ladies...

xoxo

good luck to everyone!

Good luck tomorrow I hope you have a lot of follies.

Hi Ladies

xxx

Hi Saus, looks like we are cycle buddies! I am down regging just now and also due my baseline scan next week at which point I will start swimming with Menopur. We are doing ICSI xx

Hi Ladies

xxx

Saus,

I had 33 follicles and my estrogen was 5133 at time of trigger. I definitely had mild/moderate OHSS for a few days there. My Dr gave me an infusion of albumin during my egg retrieval which basically stopped OHSS from getting any worse. I was still bloated and in some pain for a few days, but at least I didn't end up in the hospital! If you end up responding really well again, you can discuss having the albumin transfusion. I think it is a relatively new treatment for OHSS, and maybe it wasn't available during your last cycle. Oh, and limiting your diet to proteins and drinks with electrolytes will help mitigate OHSS too. So I ate chicken, eggs, protein shakes and gatorade for a week and now I'm back to normal.

Best of luck!!

Ooh Signora I start PIO tomorrow! Did the ice help? I could care less about the other shots, but I'm sooo dreading the PIO. I have to take it twice a day and very anxious about it. Like everythin else, we do what we gotta do right?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->