IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hi Ladies..

just checking in... I triggered tonight... and i'm all set for ER on Monday!! Wooo!!

The doc is having me take dostinex for 7 days... i was sort of reading up on this.. is it to prevent OHSS? :S I forgot to ask him why he is having me take it!!

sending baby dust to everyone!!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement but I think the writing is on the wall, I tested this morning, 10dp5dt and it was a stark negative. The faint line was on a blue dye test, and I think it was just an evap line or something.
I'm still hopeful as all my symptoms point to it being a positive, but if so, then why isn't it picking up on a FRER? My BETA is Monday, and its hard to keep thinking positive, but I'm trying!

Symptoms: headache, lower back ache and cramps but they are milder than AF cramps, night sweats and I'm oh so emotional! Also, look at my chart, its posted in my signature. It seems like I was implanting from 9DPO until 13DPO and then the past 2 days I've had a spike. Is it possible to just implant late?

Stay positive and strong (I know it's easier said than done). A nurse at my clinic told me that a lady at my clinic didn't get a BFP until a day after test day on a HPT. Remember it's not over until AF arrives! Try to stay away from testing until your official test date which is not long. I will be thinking of you :hugs:

Hi. I'm new to this forum but going through IVF #3, started September 13th and ET scheduled for October 2nd. This will be our first d5 transfer, previously only d2 & d3 transfers as few eggs fertilized. Very hopeful this time around, but also nervous about how the embryos are doing in the lab...9 fertilized this time, which for us is incredible!!
Anyone else having ET around same time?

TTC 3 years, Male factor infertility, IUI #1, 11/2012, IVF/ICSI #1 01/2012, BFP 07/02/2012, MM: 28/02/2012 :angel:, IVF/ICSI #2 06/2012, BFN, IVF/ICSI #3 09/202

Hi alicatt, the others are right sometimes it just doesnt show up on hpt. wishing you the best of luck at your beta I will be thinking of you.

Annettecalli how exciting, hope it all goes fabulously tmw

Hope everyone else well xxx

Hi alicatt, the others are right sometimes it just doesnt show up on hpt. wishing you the best of luck at your beta I will be thinking of you.

Thanks Athena... how are you feeling?

AFM: I triggered last night.. and for some reason got so nauseated a few hours after. I wonder if it could be a side effect.. or just a coincidence ?! My body just feels so achy.. different this time around. Looking forward to ER tomorrow! :happydance:

Thanks Athena! I am hopeful, but its 11dp5dt (16DPO) shouldn't I have a positive FRER by now? I was reading about it online and if my BETA is positive it won't be high enough and it will probably end in miscarriage anyway right? I mean if it is say 30 tomorrow, which probably wouldn't have shown on a FRER today. For 17DPO that would be far too low to be a sustainable pregnancy right? Shouldn't it be above 300 by then?

Thanks Athena! I am hopeful, but its 11dp5dt (16DPO) shouldn't I have a positive FRER by now? I was reading about it online and if my BETA is positive it won't be high enough and it will probably end in miscarriage anyway right? I mean if it is say 30 tomorrow, which probably wouldn't have shown on a FRER today. For 17DPO that would be far too low to be a sustainable pregnancy right? Shouldn't it be above 300 by then?

Alicatt...

My heart goes out to you. I can relate to what you are feeling. You are like me with my first IVF cycle. A part of you wants to stay positive.. while the other part of you wants to prepare your heart for a negative outcome. I had the same discussion with my doctor last cycle when I told him I was going to test early. He said the same thing you read up on and said sometimes it doesn't show up on a FRER. I am not sure of what the beta should be tomorrow.. i'm hoping for the best for you and praying this is it for you! xoxoxox

AnnetteCali so glad your retrieval is tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.

Allicatt :hugs: I still have hope that tomorrow you will get good news. Hang in there!

Athena those sound like good signs. Keeping my FX! When are you testing?

AFM, I am PUPO! Two beautiful embryos. We have 7 frozen and tomorrow we will have more to freeze. I'm just home now laying down watching tv.

Feeling a little bit nervous, tonight is my first dose of menopur! I am really excited about this journey starting and a little daunted by the whole process. I must remember to just relax and enjoy it. Afterall it is the start of our little sticky bean being created :happydance::happydance:

I hope everything goes well!

Sorry not been in for a while congratulations on the BFP, hoping to see more ;-)

Good luck slb80, I'm hoping to start Monday.

Feeling a little fed up today, my injections for some reason have been really hurting i.e. I now have big black bruises on my legs and have changed legs, just dreading the thought of injecting for another 18 days or so!

xx

It's easy to feel that way but remember the price at the end. Sending you tons :hugs:

Sorry ladies for being quiet ove rthe last couple of days been a busy weekend!

Congratulations on those who got there :bfp:

Thinking of you Alicat :hugs:

Happybunny great news on the PUPO :happydance:

Hope everyone else is doing good. :kiss:

AFM - Been a bit achy and sore since ER as my right ovary was behind my womb so have to but pressure on to move it into a more accessible position but feeling better now. On friday we got a call from the clinic to say we had 11 mature eggs of which 10 had fertilised. YAY! :happydance:
Just had a call this morning to say they want to take then to 5dt :happydance:and that they have 2 top quality eggs and 2 good eggs so looking good so far.
Doesnt look like ive got OHSS at the moment just bloated.

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread, hope everyone is doing well?

I'm part way through ICSI, DH has very LSC, but they managed to fertilise 9 out of 10, of which 4 lasted to day 3 at 8 cell, B grade, and 2 transferred yesterday. Fingers tightly crossed?

Savanna, I'm not too far ahead of you :hugs:

Sending lots of baby dust to you all :dust: :dust: :dust:

Sorry ladies for being quiet ove rthe last couple of days been a busy weekend!

Congratulations on those who got there :bfp:

Thinking of you Alicat :hugs:

Happybunny great news on the PUPO :happydance:

Hope everyone else is doing good. :kiss:

AFM - Been a bit achy and sore since ER as my right ovary was behind my womb so have to but pressure on to move it into a more accessible position but feeling better now. On friday we got a call from the clinic to say we had 11 mature eggs of which 10 had fertilised. YAY! :happydance:
Just had a call this morning to say they want to take then to 5dt :happydance:and that they have 2 top quality eggs and 2 good eggs so looking good so far.
Doesnt look like ive got OHSS at the moment just bloated.

Sandy that is awesome news! Congrats! I hope your little embryos continue to grow and split and do their thing. :hug:

AFM - I am thinking that it will be a BFN, but hey I'll take the mircale BFP!!! I have started to form a plan for the future if this is a BFN. At first I didn't think I had any hope of a future, because IVF is just so totally expensive. But I had a long chat with my family and we are forming a plan. Have any of you used supplements for 90 days to improve the quality of your eggs? I have read a few articles that suggest DHEA, or CoQ10 and things like Royal Jelly and Maca can help? Does anyone have any personal experience using any supplements like that?

Best of luck to those that are in the process of a IVF cycle, and big :hug: it is very stressful and fraught with lots of ups and downs.. I hope you are all successful :dust:

That is so good sandy! I hope everything goes smooth. I'm sorry you are in pain hopefully you will feel better in the next couple of days.

Welcome, Rachoo and Savanna!

Alicatt, praying for your BFP! But I totally understand the need to prepare. I've been taking DHE, CoQ10, L.Arginine, Inositol and Melatonin (and also acupuncture and mostly organic diet) since March and my doc definitely felt the DHEA made a difference and I thought the supplements must have made a difference with my egg quality (I knew I wouldn't get a ton of eggs but 8 of 9 were mature, which I thought was pretty good). I definitely see the value in taking those, but I'd chat with your doc to make sure she or he is on board. :hugs:

HappyBunny and Rachoo, congrats on being PUPO!!!

Sandy, that's great news!!! Excited for you to be PUPO!!!

AnnetteCali, best of luck with your retrieval!!! Hoping for lots of gorgeous eggies!!!

AFM: 5dp5dt - Trying to relax as much as possible! Beta is Friday but not going POAS until after beta. I don't want to unless I know I'm going to see a second line on a FRER!

:hugs: to you all!

Allicat - Aside from our recommended vitamins Dh and I bot took royal jelly after our first cycle failed and we had better egg and sperm quality our second round. I'm not sure if that was it, but that was the only change we made.

Signora - only 5 more days to go now! You can do it :)

Sandy - that's really good news! When is your transfer?

Welome Rachoo and Savanna :)

Congrats happybunny :) when is your otd?

Good luck tomorrow Annette:)

afm - nothing much to report. My next beta is not until Tuesday. Hopefully everything keeps going well :)

Thanks MissAnnabelle my otd is oct 9. It feels like a long way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->