IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

I'm bloated, a bit crampy, boobs hurt like hell and I can barely stay awake in the evening - and having to get up to go to the bathroom usually 1-2 in the middle of the night, which almost never happens. All good signs but could be just progesterone side effects, so trying not to overthink them. :shrug:

The symptoms sound promising. FX for your :bfp:

Hello Ladies...

Just wanted to give you an update on my eggs... they retrieved 17 mature eggs!! 7 more than last time! wooo!!! All of this nausea and bloating was worth it! Keeping my fingers crossed for a good fertilization report tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your support. Can't wait till next saturday.. I will be PUPO!

Yay!! FX for a great fertilization report!

It's me again ladies...

Anyone have any experience with OHSS? i'm miserable :-( I've been nauseated all day ... and the bloating has set in! I'm hoping it goes away in a few days and doesnt affect my ET. I'm drinking tons of gatorade.. and eating small meals. The doc suggested protein.. im going to incorporate protein shakes tomorrow. Hope i'm feeling better soon. blah!

Oh my goodness how are you managing not testing, I'd be going crazy by now! Do you feel any different?

No idea why they don't do betas but it's so annoying!

What clinic are you under? My clinic have said they give you a test with a date in it and not to test until then. I am sure I will test early!

Congrats again xx

The bcrm in Bristol, nope no test, nothing! There is absolutely no way I could wait until official test date, personally I would rather see a bfn than have to guess but I am very very impatient! I'm glad I tested early now, I've got some cheap tests and even they show a line that you don't need to squint at when I used diluted afternoon wee!!

When is your OTD? Xxx

I am still stimming at the minute so testing seems a million miles away. They say it is 16pt. I know if I get to PUPO that I will test early!

Hi Ladies

Annette - 17 eggs is a great number! :happydance: As for OHSS i had some symptons of it the day before my ER and the day after i felt very bloated and sickly and just made sure i was well hydrated and ate even when i didnt feel like it. The sickly feeling has gone for me but still quiet bloated. Hope this is the same for you and will feel better soon :hugs:

Signoral - Your symptons are sounding very positive. Hopefully you will get your :bfp: very soon yay!

Hope everyone who is PUPO is doing well, and anyone stimming as well :kiss:

AFM - Got Transfer this afternoon exciting :happydance::happydance::happydance: will be joining all you PUPO very soon :hugs:

Athena, I'm at BCRM too :hi: and I understand the impatience, my test date isn't until 12th!

Rachoo :flower: Nice to meet someone else who's been there. They are nice aren't they? Well all except for the nurse who really told me off on the phone for testing early, I'm so annoyed about that, I've been testing early for the last 7 years why would this cycle be any different :dohh: lol!

The 12th seems ages away, I hope you get your BFP sooner than that! :hugs:

Good Luck today Sandy, you will be fine and you're going to feel so fantastic once you are PUPO :happydance:

How many are they transferrring? xxx

Athena, they are really lovely there. Being my first ICSI attempt I didn't really know what to expect but they really put me at ease. Do you live local or travel?

I'm really going to try not to test early, my DH works long hours and I want to do it with him, but I am so impatient....this 2 weeks is long!

Hoping everyone is doing good.... good luck for today Sandy83 :dust:

Good Luck today Sandy, you will be fine and you're going to feel so fantastic once you are PUPO :happydance:

How many are they transferrring? xxx

With having a 5dt we can only transfer one top quality egg xx

That's brilliant. I hope it all goes well today lovely xxx

It's me again ladies...

Anyone have any experience with OHSS? i'm miserable :-( I've been nauseated all day ... and the bloating has set in! I'm hoping it goes away in a few days and doesnt affect my ET. I'm drinking tons of gatorade.. and eating small meals. The doc suggested protein.. im going to incorporate protein shakes tomorrow. Hope i'm feeling better soon. blah!

AnnetteCali I haven't experienced it but I did feel miserable right after ER. Just keep hydrated and call your dr of you don't start feeling better.

Rachoo, well done for not testing early, I just can't imagine how you manage that, I would be climbing the walls LOL! Yes all the staff at BCRM really put us at ease too it is a lovely clinic. We are very lucky to only live a 10 minute drive away, I couldn't believe my luck when I found out it was one of the top clinics in the country! We are very lucky with our hospitals in Bristol they have always looked after me and my family so well.

If you're testing the 12th when was your ET and did they just put the one embryo back?

It's all so exciting, I can't wait for my scan on Oct 18th. I've quite a lot of period type pains/aching today and am analysing absolutely every pain and twinge hoping there's only good things going on!

Hi Everyone!!! Just popping in to say hello. 2WW is driving me crazy!!! Especially with a 2dt, it seems longer!!!
Trying not to symptom spot, but it's hard expecially with all the meds am on. I'm hanging on though........ Hope everyone is good ;)

Hi guys, I'm new to this thread, hope everyone is doing well?

I'm part way through ICSI, DH has very LSC, but they managed to fertilise 9 out of 10, of which 4 lasted to day 3 at 8 cell, B grade, and 2 transferred yesterday. Fingers tightly crossed?

Savanna, I'm not too far ahead of you :hugs:

Sending lots of baby dust to you all :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi Rachoo,

We transferred 3 today in d5 transfer, and froze 2. I'm traveling on the 13th for work so doctor agreed to do the first beta on the 12th!! Fingers and toes are all crossed tightly :dust:

It's me again ladies...

Annette,

I too had mild/moderate OHSS. It was not pleasant. Definitely eat as much protein as you can. Eggs, chicken, shakes, bars, and only drinkg gatorade and pedialyte. These things will help make your cells stronger and help flush the excess water from your body. Drinking water may make it worse, so try to stick with gatorade as it has salts which will flush the water out. My Dr also did an Albumin infusion at my egg retrieval that seemed to help stop the OHSS. Just take it easy, and it will get better! :hug:

Morning Ladies..

Well I got the official BFN :bfn: yesterday afternoon. I figured it would be, and was not too upset yesterday. I was better able to handle it because I had already mourned the loss over the weekend I think.

Congrats to Athena! YAY! Very happy for your :bfp:

I do have some questions..

My Dr chatted with me briefly yesterday and I will be going in shortly for a planning appointment, but he mentioned something about birth control pills, and lupron? Does anyone have experience with this type of protocol, and did you get better quality eggs? That seems to be the reason he wants to do it this way this time.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->