IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hi Alicatt thanks so much, I am so sorry about your BFN I am sending you big :hugs: and have been thinking about you a lot.

I can't help with your questions as have no experience with this, but going back to your vitamin question I honestly think the Royal Jelly I took helped immensely. I also completely cut out caffeine, no tea, coffee or carbonated drinks. I limited my sugar intake and switched to organic fruit and veg. I also exercised regularly by going to spin and pilates classes I believe this encourages blood flow to the uterus and think it really helped me get my BFP xxx

Morning Ladies..

Well I got the official BFN :bfn: yesterday afternoon. I figured it would be, and was not too upset yesterday. I was better able to handle it because I had already mourned the loss over the weekend I think.

Congrats to Athena! YAY! Very happy for your :bfp:

I do have some questions..

My Dr chatted with me briefly yesterday and I will be going in shortly for a planning appointment, but he mentioned something about birth control pills, and lupron? Does anyone have experience with this type of protocol, and did you get better quality eggs? That seems to be the reason he wants to do it this way this time.

:hug:

Hi Alicatt,

Sorry to hear about your BNP, but happy to hear you're handling it well. It's never easy, but I feel it does get easier after a few...

I used birth control pills and lupron on my first IVF, long protocol (started Lupron around day20 of cycle before IVF), and again lupron during 2nd & 3rd IVF, but this time short protocol, starting Lupron in d2. In my case, I react really strongly to Lupron and my LH levels were really low, but we tailored it 3rd time around with high dose Menopur, and got more, and better quality, eggs than before (9/10 fertilized and 5 made it to blast). ET today and waiting for beta on the 12th. Not sure if this helps, but thought I'd share!

Hang in there! :hugs:

Hi Alicatt thanks so much, I am so sorry about your BFN I am sending you big :hugs: and have been thinking about you a lot.

I can't help with your questions as have no experience with this, but going back to your vitamin question I honestly think the Royal Jelly I took helped immensely. I also completely cut out caffeine, no tea, coffee or carbonated drinks. I limited my sugar intake and switched to organic fruit and veg. I also exercised regularly by going to spin and pilates classes I believe this encourages blood flow to the uterus and think it really helped me get my BFP xxx

Athena, did you exercise during your 2WW? I get such conflicting information about this, and don't want to do anything that could harm implantation, but I find it so hard to be still for 2 weeks!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Alicatt! I'm so sorry hon. Praying for you and your DH, and that the next cycle will result in your BFP. :hugs:

My protocol was similar to yours (Ganirelix and I also did Bravelle and Menopur for stimming), but I did BCP. I was going to recommend that some of the supplements I did (CoQ10, Inositol, Melatonin, L.Arginine and DHEA - all were prescribed by my doctor and I think they helped with egg quality - also acupuncture and organic diet).

How are you feeling HappyBunny?

I am feeling better. I'm trying not to spot check every symptom. Yesterday I did see some blood a small amount so I dunno what that means. I was really bloated yesterday and today I am much better. I'm back to work and trying to keep my mind busy! We are trying to hold on until monday to test! I hope I can wait that long.

Morning Ladies..

Well I got the official BFN :bfn: yesterday afternoon. I figured it would be, and was not too upset yesterday. I was better able to handle it because I had already mourned the loss over the weekend I think.

My Dr chatted with me briefly yesterday and I will be going in shortly for a planning appointment, but he mentioned something about birth control pills, and lupron? Does anyone have experience with this type of protocol, and did you get better quality eggs? That seems to be the reason he wants to do it this way this time.

I'm sorry alicatt huge :hugs: for you!

I did BCP and lupron. It was just part of their protocol and I ended up with 25 eggs but I drank 1 gallon of water per day. They said water helps your follies grow. This was my first time so I can't tell you if it gave me better quality eggs. Good luck I hope this method works for you.

Hi Everyone!!! Just popping in to say hello. 2WW is driving me crazy!!! Especially with a 2dt, it seems longer!!!
Trying not to symptom spot, but it's hard expecially with all the meds am on. I'm hanging on though........ Hope everyone is good ;)

Hi Chichifab, when is OTD?

Athena, did you exercise during your 2WW? I get such conflicting information about this, and don't want to do anything that could harm implantation, but I find it so hard to be still for 2 weeks!

I didn't exercise, I thought I would but I just didn't feel like it. My FS said it would be perfectly ok to exercise though. I will go back to it soon when I feel less tired, even though I know the Dr is right I still don't want to risk it, just in case. I'm like you though, and can't keep still so have been fairly active straight after ET like shopping and going on day trips etc! Hope that helps :flower:

Morning Ladies..

So sorry about your Bfn, I will keep you in my prayers that the next one shall be a success. I did use the birth control pill and metphomine (not lupron) on this cycle and on my previouse cycle. I got a BFP on my previous cycle though it ended at 5 weeks. I was always producing lots of eggs, but my dr said it was better to focus on quality and not quantity. On my last cycle I had 8 eggs and on this cycle 10. It's worth looking into :hugs:

I am feeling better. I'm trying not to spot check every symptom. Yesterday I did see some blood a small amount so I dunno what that means. I was really bloated yesterday and today I am much better. I'm back to work and trying to keep my mind busy! We are trying to hold on until monday to test! I hope I can wait that long.

Maybe implantation bleeding? I don't know how you girls are holding out to test I feel :blush: To be honest I'm glad I know but I'm still second guessing every single twinge and worrying myself that I'm going to have a chemical or a miscarriage, I just can't believe that after all this time it would be this easy and everything will be ok.

Hi Everyone!!! Just popping in to say hello. 2WW is driving me crazy!!! Especially with a 2dt, it seems longer!!!
Trying not to symptom spot, but it's hard expecially with all the meds am on. I'm hanging on though........ Hope everyone is good ;)

Hi HappyBunnyAb, I think we have the same test date 9th October? How you doing with this 2WW. Are you going to test before? I am so scared to test to be honest.
I know it's bad, but I have already started thinking of what to do on the next cycle. :nope:

Oh the tww is just complete torture!! I too will be having my bloodwork on the 9th. I'm planning to hold out on testing till the morning of. It's so hard to do, but I also hate seeing the negative and then thinking well maybe it could still happen. Just drives me even more crazy!

L4hope - totally agree! I'm still trying to hold out on testing, but it's tough.

Does anyone feel like some days they have more pronounced symptoms than other days? Yesterday, I felt like all my symptoms were extreme - my boobs hurt so bad that it was uncomfortable to shower; I've been so tired the last few days; I was running to the bathroom non-stop; tummy was so bloated; etc. Today, I'm not as uncomfortable. I know symptom spotting isn't great to do, but it kind of threw me when I woke up and all these symptoms weren't as bad. L4hope, Springy is always telling me not to symptom spot, but I'm so bad! I want her to come onto my journal and yell at me and tell me it will be okay. :haha: She always reminds me that she hasn't really had any preggo symptoms yet!

Oh the tww is just complete torture!! I too will be having my bloodwork on the 9th. I'm planning to hold out on testing till the morning of. It's so hard to do, but I also hate seeing the negative and then thinking well maybe it could still happen. Just drives me even more crazy!

I so know what you mean!! I'm trying not to google everything but its hard!!! 7 more sleeps :wacko:

Thanks! I think I'll try to stay as still as possible until the beta, and then take it from there!

Maybe implantation bleeding? I don't know how you girls are holding out to test I feel :blush: To be honest I'm glad I know but I'm still second guessing every single twinge and worrying myself that I'm going to have a chemical or a miscarriage, I just can't believe that after all this time it would be this easy and everything will be ok.

DH wants us to test on friday but I'm the one who wants to wait! I feel the pressure! In a way I don't want to be disappointed! I dunno what to do!

Hi HappyBunnyAb, I think we have the same test date 9th October? How you doing with this 2WW. Are you going to test before? I am so scared to test to be honest.
I know it's bad, but I have already started thinking of what to do on the next cycle. :nope:

We do! :happydance: I'm hanging in there! I really want to test by monday but DH wants us to do it before. I don't know yet. Are you testing early? I'm trying to keep my mind occupied! Don't think about next cycle! Be positive!

I have the same OTD! I think I might test on monday. Stay positive!

L4hope - totally agree! I'm still trying to hold out on testing, but it's tough.

Does anyone feel like some days they have more pronounced symptoms than other days? Yesterday, I felt like all my symptoms were extreme - my boobs hurt so bad that it was uncomfortable to shower; I've been so tired the last few days; I was running to the bathroom non-stop; tummy was so bloated; etc. Today, I'm not as uncomfortable. I know symptom spotting isn't great to do, but it kind of threw me when I woke up and all these symptoms weren't as bad. L4hope, Springy is always telling me not to symptom spot, but I'm so bad! I want her to come onto my journal and yell at me and tell me it will be okay. :haha: She always reminds me that she hasn't really had any preggo symptoms yet!

Very good symptoms Signoral! You are just a few days away from your :bfp:

Hi ladies

Alicatt - I'm sorry to hear that you had a BFN. Thinking of you

HappyBunny, Sandy, Savanna - I hope your ET are okay

Congratulations Athena on your BFP and baby-dust to everyone on your 2WW

AnnetteCali, I'm 1 day behind you - I had ER this morning and been resting of the sofa all day whilst DH brings me food and drink and lets me watch bad TV! They collected 7 eggs, which I'm a bit disappointed in as I had 10 eggs last time, thou' I know its quality not quantity...... I'm mainly nervous as this is the stage we got to last time then got the call the next day that none of the eggs fertilised. Praying this won't be the case this time with ICSI

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->