IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hi ladies

Alicatt - I'm sorry to hear that you had a BFN. Thinking of you

HappyBunny, Sandy, Savanna - I hope your ET are okay

Congratulations Athena on your BFP and baby-dust to everyone on your 2WW

AnnetteCali, I'm 1 day behind you - I had ER this morning and been resting of the sofa all day whilst DH brings me food and drink and lets me watch bad TV! They collected 7 eggs, which I'm a bit disappointed in as I had 10 eggs last time, thou' I know its quality not quantity...... I'm mainly nervous as this is the stage we got to last time then got the call the next day that none of the eggs fertilised. Praying this won't be the case this time with ICSI

Victory... keeping my fingers crossed for you. ICSI should solve the fertilization issue! 8 is a good number... you only need one in the end to work! xoxoox

Morning Ladies..

Well I got the official BFN :bfn: yesterday afternoon. I figured it would be, and was not too upset yesterday. I was better able to handle it because I had already mourned the loss over the weekend I think.

Congrats to Athena! YAY! Very happy for your :bfp:

I do have some questions..

My Dr chatted with me briefly yesterday and I will be going in shortly for a planning appointment, but he mentioned something about birth control pills, and lupron? Does anyone have experience with this type of protocol, and did you get better quality eggs? That seems to be the reason he wants to do it this way this time.

:hug:

Im sorry Alicatt...I didnt take Lupron (not sure what it is...but I did take BC pills!).

Sorry about your BFN.. that just sucks!!! from my experience... i did birth control pills and lupron last cycle. The lupron suppresses ovulation... the doc did a longer cycle on birth control for me.. which is why he also added the lupron. Hope that helps! It's a subcutaneous shot with an insulin needled.. not bad at all :)

Hello Ladies...

Congrats to those with bfp's and great betas!! so exciting! You ladies give me hope!!

AFM: Fertilization report today... 17 mature eggs.. 17 fertilized! woo !!!

Still having problems with OHSS... went to work today... the nausea went away but the bloat is crazy! I ran it by the doc.. and asked if I should take some days off. He said hold off ... he feels it may get worse in the next couple of days. he said if i'm able to work right now.. then work through the discomfort.. and save my days off for when I really need it. So i'm taking his advice.. my day is planned for tomorrow.. and pending for thurs!

sending baby dust to everyone!!!

My doc did bcp and Lupron with me. These are used to suppress the ovaries. My doc explained it as it then gives them complete hormonal control. It was the only fresh cycle I've done so far so can't say if it's better for egg quality. From my first cycle we discovered I have some egg quality issues. If I need another fresh cycle I don't know yet how they will change things. GL, hopefully the change in protocol will help!

Hello Ladies...

Congrats to those with bfp's and great betas!! so exciting! You ladies give me hope!!

Still having problems with OHSS... went to work today... the nausea went away but the bloat is crazy! I ran it by the doc.. and asked if I should take some days off. He said hold off ... he feels it may get worse in the next couple of days. he said if i'm able to work right now.. then work through the discomfort.. and save my days off for when I really need it. So i'm taking his advice.. my day is planned for tomorrow.. and pending for thurs!

Woo!!! :happydance::happydance: that is great!

I'm sorry you are having problems with OHSS. I hope it goes away and you get your transfer on Friday!

So I called the office to find out how many :cold: babies we have and we got 12 :saywhat:!! I can't believe it! DH was very happy and joked about having them all :wacko:

So I called the office to find out how many :cold: babies we have and we got 12 :saywhat:!! I can't believe it! DH was very happy and joked about having them all :wacko:

12:cold:!!! That's unbelievable! Forget HappyBunny more like the Easter Bunny with all of those eggs :) lol That's great.

Annette - great fertilization report! Wow - you guys are doing great :)

Congrats, HappyBunny and Annette!!! Great news!!!

Great embi reports happy bunny and Annette! You go girls!!

Great news Annettecali and HappyBunny yay!!!!!

Hello Ladies...

That's a great report!! :happydance:

Quick question for you UK ladies under NHS:

How is the clinic testing to see if the IVF has worked. Im due to get a blood test next week and will call on the afternoon for results to see if im pregnant then if i am i get a scan 3 weeks later so will be at 5 weeks is this the usual procedure? xx

Quick question for you UK ladies under NHS:

How is the clinic testing to see if the IVF has worked. Im due to get a blood test next week and will call on the afternoon for results to see if im pregnant then if i am i get a scan 3 weeks later so will be at 5 weeks is this the usual procedure? xx

This differs from clinic to clinic. On my previous NHS cycle, my clinic doesn't do betas so I had to do a HPT then booked in for a scan 3 weeks after (though i mc before). And if everything is still ok, then thats when you go back to your GP will book you a midwife appointment.

OMG Happy Bunny, that is a serious amount of frosties, haha your DH husband could end up with a whole football team plus reserves LOL!

Sandy- With my clinic you just phone up and tell them what the results of your hpt was and then they arrange a scan at 7 weeks or in my case 6 weeks (because of my ectopic) I will be exactly 6 weeks when I'm booked in on the 18th and I'm really hoping to see a heartbeat. We don't get a blood test or even get to poas there!

AFM It's my OTD today so I thought what the heck, took another test and got a beautiful dark pink line, I have done so many tests over the last 7 years seeing those two lines is the most amazing feeling ever!

Hope everyone well xxx

Thanks Ladies :kiss:

Just had a phone call to say we have 2 frosties:cold: yay! :happydance:xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly