IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Hi Ladies, just had the call to say 6 out of 7 fertilised. So happy to get past this hurdle after the disappointment of 0% fertilisation rate last time. And now just need to take each stage step by step.

Booked in for ET on Friday morning (3dt), so hoping embryos are good quality and then need to make the decision of whether to put back 1 or 2 - how did you make this decision for those who've got to ET before?

Victory - Thats great news 6 fertlised yay!

with the NHS cutting down on multiple births we would have only got the option to but 2 back if i went for a 3dt but since the eggs were top quality and able to take them to 5dt blastocyst we were only allowed to put one back as the % of pregnancy on 5dt blastocyst is higher. Do you get the option to but 2 back no matter what day you transfer? xx

My clinics just give you a hpt with a date on it. As far as I can gather they also only do 3dt and only put one back the consultant said they are better in their natural environment.

How does it work with frozen embies on the nhs? do they just freeze what they can or do the clinics charge you?

My clinics just give you a hpt with a date on it. As far as I can gather they also only do 3dt and only put one back the consultant said they are better in their natural environment.

How does it work with frozen embies on the nhs? do they just freeze what they can or do the clinics charge you?

My clinic freezes free of charge for the first year then charge thereafter. Sounds like every clinic is different even tho it all falls under the NHS its crazy. :wacko:

Most people ive spoke to under the NHS do a HPT not sure why mine does a blood test :shrug:. xx

Hi Victory congrats on your fert report! With my clinic you can have a maximum of 2 embryos put back ( I think over 40 they will do 3) and that is either at 3dt or 5dt but only if the embryos are not top quality, like Sandy said if at day 5 you have one embryo that is obviously more advanced than the others they will only do SET to cut down the risk of multiples.

If I had the choice, I would have gone for two as like the idea of twins and also the more you put back surely the more chance you have of it working, I suppose it's just a personal choice and whether or not you feel you could cope with multiples which would be very hard work I imagine!

My clinic freezes free of charge for the first year then charge thereafter. Sounds like every clinic is different even tho it all falls under the NHS its crazy. :wacko:

Most people ive spoke to under the NHS do a HPT not sure why mine does a blood test :shrug:. xx

Mine freezes for a year also BUT you only get to go to freeze stage with a minimum of 2 embryos that reach their criteria (don't know what it is) We were lucky to have two 6 day blasts frozen should we wish to use them in the future, but knowing dh he won't want to pay the storage fee and will try and get me knocked up again in a year :haha:

Think i would have preferred 2 as well Athena! Twins would have been nice.

But i will be more than happy with one FX'd xx

Mine freezes for a year also BUT you only get to go to freeze stage with a minimum of 2 embryos that reach their criteria (don't know what it is) We were lucky to have two 6 day blasts frozen should we wish to use them in the future, but knowing dh he won't want to pay the storage fee and will try and get me knocked up again in a year :haha:

:haha:ha ha i like it!

Our 2 frozen were 6 day blastocysts 1 good quality and one fair quality. xx

:haha:ha ha i like it!

Our 2 frozen were 6 day blastocysts 1 good quality and one fair quality. xx

Really! I can't believe we got to six days, I was worried we wouldn't get to blast. Can't believe that little embryos growing inside me, I felt a bit sicky this morning, I loved it haha!

Hi ladies I woke up this morning to some bleeding. I'm freaking out. My boobs don't hurt and I feel this might not have worked for me. DH said its brown and it looks like a lot although it might be some of the progesterone from last night. The dr said it could happen and to continue the meds. Pray for me ladies I'm trying to be hopeful about implantation bleeding.

Really sorry to hear you are bleeding happybunny. A lot of ladies have bleeds and go onto have a normal pregnancy so please dont give up. :hugs: [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o< praying for you xx

Hi ladies I woke up this morning to some bleeding. I'm freaking out. My boobs don't hurt and I feel this might not have worked for me. DH said its brown and it looks like a lot although it might be some of the progesterone from last night. The dr said it could happen and to continue the meds. Pray for me ladies I'm trying to be hopeful about implantation bleeding.

Happy bunny I really hope in is implant bleed. Keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Thanks for the replies ladies. Will have to ask about freezing on Friday. I am feeling a little bit emotional today and I am still such early days in the whole process. I am sure I will feel much better after I have been to the clinic on Friday for my scan and can see things are going the way they should.

Slb80 - Things will be fine on Friday i have no symptons or side effects all the way through the injections til 2 days before EC. The scan will put your mind at rest but relax things will be good.

AFM - Looks like the clinic is concerned i have OHSS as i got bloods done after ET and just phoned for the results and the clinic want to see me before the weekend to take more bloods!!! I have felt a little nausea today but keeping food down and drinking plenty so who knows so back on friday for more bloods xx

HappyBunny, stay positive, if it is brown then it very well could be implantation bleeding which is a great sign! I am praying for you :hugs:

slb80 I didn't feel any symptoms whatsoever like Sandy until right before EC.

Sandy-oh no not ohss, I hope you are feeling better soon, at least your clinic are keeping a close eye on you hun. I have heard the symptoms of ohss get worse if you get pregnant so will pray that you are pregnant but keep the ohss under control. Let us know how you get on, keep drinking that water by the bucket load!

Thanks Athena, im feeling a little under the weather but nothing major so hoping its just a slight case of OHSS. Im back at work today which is keeping me occupied so not thinking about it too much xx

Sandy I hope you start feeling better. I hope work keeps you occupied today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->