IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

hey ladies I have my forst IVF ER Nov 7,8 or 9 depending on egg growth etc. I am really hoping I get my VERY first BFP that way. I have saw a lot of girls get their first one with IVf I am just hoping that will be me as well as it has been a very long and painful journey. I go in tomorrow to get saline injected in my uterus to see if everything is ok. I am nervous, I also start repronex Friday and my last BCP will be on Thur. I was only on BCP for like ten days which seemed short but who knows. I am just praying this is it

Congrats to everyone that finally got their BFP. Sooooo many people out there that doesnt try or doesnt want them and SOOOO glad to see loving couples get what they have always wanted. Congrats

For those who havent got their BFP we will in due time :)

Hope you dont mind me joining

Welcome! Good luck on your first IVF.

good luck Victory!

Sandy - It's awful that you have to wait 6 weeks. I was told that I had to wait to make sure my body was back to normal. The sad part is with the holidays coming the wait seems to be much longer. On the other side, it must be nice to get full funds for 3 IVF's. We don't get anything like that. If your insurance doesn't cover it then you are on your own. We paid everything out of pocket so this was our only shot. It will be all worth it when you hold your bundle of joy. Hopefully you will get in there before the 6 weeks.

I know how lucky i am to have these 3 funded cycles and feel blessed but its at the expense of DH having lymphona cancer as to why ive qualified for the funds which i guess is the down side.

Im keeping my FX'd crossed that we all get our well deserved :bfp: very soon xx

Praying for you, Victory!!! Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Sandy, so sorry about the wait but glad you got some good news too!!! :hugs:

good luck Victory!

Sandy - It's awful that you have to wait 6 weeks. I was told that I had to wait to make sure my body was back to normal. The sad part is with the holidays coming the wait seems to be much longer. On the other side, it must be nice to get full funds for 3 IVF's. We don't get anything like that. If your insurance doesn't cover it then you are on your own. We paid everything out of pocket so this was our only shot. It will be all worth it when you hold your bundle of joy. Hopefully you will get in there before the 6 weeks.

I know how lucky i am to have these 3 funded cycles and feel blessed but its at the expense of DH having lymphona cancer as to why ive qualified for the funds which i guess is the down side.

Im keeping my FX'd crossed that we all get our well deserved :bfp: very soon xx
I'm sorry I didn't know about your DH. You so deserve this baby. I know you will get it.

Thanks! Didnt mean to play the sympathy vote, Wish everyone was entitled to funded IVF as its such a trying time never mind getting into debt on top of it. xx

Hey All...

Just wanted to say a quick hello.. Congrats to all that got their BFPs this month, so exciting. My Dr's office is so funny, they keep calling about 1 time per week to make sure everything is still fine and we are all set for the next cycle that will officially begin at the end of November.

They want to make sure I'm choosing a new sperm donor, and that I schedule a trial transfer, and that I'm taking my BCP on time.

Has anyone had any success with the antagonist protocol starting immediately after taking BCP? That is what they want to do with me.

Providing I get my period when they think I will, my stimulation should start around Nov 24th or so. The goal was to have the ER and ET between Dec 6th and Dec 15th. The Dr and his staff want to take off for the holidays. HEHE. I guess that is understandable! Interestingly enough, this schedule puts me at XMAS for my BETA. So that will be interesting! Nothing like a :bfp: for Christmas!

Hey All...

Just wanted to say a quick hello.. Congrats to all that got their BFPs this month, so exciting. My Dr's office is so funny, they keep calling about 1 time per week to make sure everything is still fine and we are all set for the next cycle that will officially begin at the end of November.

They want to make sure I'm choosing a new sperm donor, and that I schedule a trial transfer, and that I'm taking my BCP on time.

Has anyone had any success with the antagonist protocol starting immediately after taking BCP? That is what they want to do with me.

Providing I get my period when they think I will, my stimulation should start around Nov 24th or so. The goal was to have the ER and ET between Dec 6th and Dec 15th. The Dr and his staff want to take off for the holidays. HEHE. I guess that is understandable! Interestingly enough, this schedule puts me at XMAS for my BETA. So that will be interesting! Nothing like a :bfp: for Christmas!

Hi Alicatt, it's good to hear from you and I'm glad that your doctor's office has been checking up on you! It sounds like things are moving right along.

I actually did antagonist protocol with Ganirelix after taking BCP and it worked for me. I think I started the Ganirelix on the 6th day of stimming. I hope it works for you and you get your Christmas :bfp:!!! :hugs:

Welcome sweetness! I hope first time works for you!!

Sandy no sympathy card needed. Or maybe we should all get one!! Really it's just a shame that IVF can't be covered through insurance for everyone. I'm happy for those of you that don't have the added stress of paying out of pocket. I hope your dh is responding well to treatment. Sorry that you have to go through that as well. :hugs:

Signora I noticed you said you did the antagonist protocol with ganirelix after bcp. My docs are switching me to that protocol for this next cycle. Did your docs say why they were using that protocol versus the Lupron protocols? I hope I have the sane success you did with it!

Sometimes I just can't keep up with this thread!!

Annette Congrats!!!

Victory thinking of you!

Sandy I completely understand how you feel. There's so much waiting involved in this process. It seems like all we do is wait wait wait!! We're so ready to be moms that it's frustrating. I know when I get a bfn I just want AF to start immediately and move on to the next round of trying. Hopefully you can get in sooner and how wonderful to have the option of three funded cycles!!

Hey All...

Hi Alicatt, it's good to hear from you and I'm glad that your doctor's office has been checking up on you! It sounds like things are moving right along.

I actually did antagonist protocol with Ganirelix after taking BCP and it worked for me. I think I started the Ganirelix on the 6th day of stimming. I hope it works for you and you get your Christmas :bfp:!!! :hugs:

Thanks for that! I have been reading online how you need to do lupron at the end of the BCP to stimulate the FSH and that not doing so is bad! So it is nice to hear that my Dr is not crazy and we are doing it just a little differently but that it will work :)

Welcome sweetness! I hope first time works for you!!

Sandy no sympathy card needed. Or maybe we should all get one!! Really it's just a shame that IVF can't be covered through insurance for everyone. I'm happy for those of you that don't have the added stress of paying out of pocket. I hope your dh is responding well to treatment. Sorry that you have to go through that as well. :hugs:

Signora I noticed you said you did the antagonist protocol with ganirelix after bcp. My docs are switching me to that protocol for this next cycle. Did your docs say why they were using that protocol versus the Lupron protocols? I hope I have the sane success you did with it!

I just got off the phone with mine about the same thing. Stressing over which protocol is best for me! I think a lot of the decisions between using different protocols has to do with how you did in prior IVF cycles, and what your underlying IF issues are. For me I have a normal AMH, mild PCOS, I'm 40 and using donor sperm. My last IVF (the one I did in Sept) was successful in the sense that we got lots of eggs, but the sperm wasn't necessarily the best quality. So they are going to tweak things a little by 1) using BCP first, 2) change the dosages of the meds a little bit, and 3) changing donor sperm.
Our plan this month is to get about the same number of eggs (15), but less overall follicles (I had over 30), and get all of those 15 to be mature. Last cycle only 12 of the 15 were mature.

So from what I can gather, this protocol is used for women who have regular AMH, possibly some PCOS, but do not have issues with FSH or ovulation. It also allows them to use Lupron instead of HCG as the trigger, which if you are prone to OHSS will help keep it from occurring.

I hope that helps!

I'm not really sure why I had the antagonist protocol (but I had low AMH and Diminished Ovarian Reserve was my diagnosis, so that may have had something to do with it). I probably should have asked, but I figured that the doc knew more about what protocol I should be on than I did and just decided to trust him. I guess I figured that if it didn't work the first time, he'd adjust my protocol - would try Lupron the second time around, or different stimming drugs. I did use HcG as the trigger though.

I hope all of you have success this next time around!!! More :bfp:s!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wow this thread moves so quickly....I've only been off for a couple of days and had lots to catch up on!

Annette, that's a great beta, I can't wait to hear what it is tomorrow, so exciting x

Victory, thinking of you today and hoping you get the result you want x

Sweetness, welcome and best of luck for your ivf in November x

Sandy, sorry you have such a long wait to start again, 6 weeks seems like such a long time. A big decision to make too, but you'll probably get you bfp on your fet fingers crossed x

Alicatt, getting your beta at Christmas, what better gift than a bfp, that would be amazing x

Sending :dust: to everyone x

Victory - hope everything is ok have you got your results, been watching out for your post xx

Wow this thread moves so quickly....I've only been off for a couple of days and had lots to catch up on!

Annette, that's a great beta, I can't wait to hear what it is tomorrow, so exciting x

Victory, thinking of you today and hoping you get the result you want x

Sweetness, welcome and best of luck for your ivf in November x

Sandy, sorry you have such a long wait to start again, 6 weeks seems like such a long time. A big decision to make too, but you'll probably get you bfp on your fet fingers crossed x

Alicatt, getting your beta at Christmas, what better gift than a bfp, that would be amazing x

Sending :dust: to everyone x

I agree.. it moves fast! I find it hard to keep up! Yes, a Christmas :bfp: would be amazing!! That is what I'm hoping for.

:dust: to you and everyone!!!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the delay - first chance I've had to go online this evening. So we got the call right at the end of the day and its a BFP!!! Beta/HCG levels were 230 which they said was great/high and look for anything over 50. It hasn't really sunk in yet and I'm remaining cautious until my 6 week scan on 30 Oct. I also want to POAS to see it for myself!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the other activity on the thread today but will do so in the morning and respond. Just wanted to quickly share my news after all your kind good luck / thinking of you messages

x

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the delay - first chance I've had to go online this evening. So we got the call right at the end of the day and its a BFP!!! Beta/HCG levels were 230 which they said was great/high and look for anything over 50. It hasn't really sunk in yet and I'm remaining cautious until my 6 week scan on 30 Oct. I also want to POAS to see it for myself!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the other activity on the thread today but will do so in the morning and respond. Just wanted to quickly share my news after all your kind good luck / thinking of you messages

x

WOOHOO! That is great news! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->