IVF (w/ICSI) in Sept/Oct 2012

Sandy, firstly I'm sorry to hear about your DH and I hope his treatment is going well. I completely understand your rant about having to wait until your next cycle. I did 'modified natural' IVF earlier in the year and my clinic originally said that one of the benefits was that you could do back-to-back treatments as the medication were low dosages. However, when I got a BFN, they said it was best for my body to wait until I had 2 natural cycles before trying IVF again. I was so upset despite a few family members saying 'its only 2 month's' but to us that 2 month's seems a long time when we just want to get on with it! I decided to be positive and used the time to really prepare for the next round - following Emma Cannon's fertility diet and starting acupuncture etc. My natural cycles were then longer than usual so I couldn't do IVF back in August as planned which I cried and cried about, and as you know started in late September. Not really sure what I'm trying to say, except that I completely get your frustration at waiting although I think its normal for clinics to make us wait a couple of cycles, and somehow we need to take the positives from this in terms of preparing our bodies for the next try as much as possible. Praying for you that you get your BFP with your FET towards the end of the year.

Do we know how many BFP's and BFN's we got?
I'd be interested to hear what the stats were on this group!

I know I was one of the BFN's, and it would be helpful to hear what the final tally was between BFPs and BFNs (might give those of us that didn't get our BFPs some hope for next time?)

Has anyone who got a BFN thought about starting another thread? Is anyone going to try again in the nov/dec/jan timeframe?

I added everyone (I think, let me know if I left anyone out) and I counted 9 BFPs and 4 BFNs and a few who postponed. Does that sound right? Also, for those who got a BFP, there's a May/June 2013 (Summer Sensations) thread under Pregnancy Buddies, if you'd like to join.

Thanks Signora....I'm one of the lucky bfp's so I will defo pop into this thread and say hi :hi:

For those of you taking your tests soon, wishing you lots of luck, I know how long the 2ww feels, I didn't think it'd end!

To the recent bfn's, :hugs: to you all, I really hope everything works our for you with fet or further ivf, I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of :dust: your way x

hi girlies

Sorry not been on for ages, as was poorly with a nasty bug so had to stay on buserlin for 3 weeks, but starts sims now thank goodness and had first scan and got over 15 eggs that are measuring over 10 (not sure what measurements they are) but got another scan on Friday to see if there doing ok with a view hopefully to have egg collection on Monday, can't wait feel like I'm carrying golf balls everywhere lol!

xx

This has been the longest six days I have ever lived! Only another seven to go to! It completely is playing games with my mind over analysing every little cramp and twinge. I was sure af was going to show yesterday because I had a lot of cramping today it all seems to have gone again.

DH has been in a vile mood the last couple of days. Really not like him at all. I imagine the wait is starting to get to him. That and having to muck out the two horses everyday!

Slb80 not long now, hang in there! Sorry about DH, treatment affects people in different ways. I pray for your bfp :hugs:

This has been the longest six days I have ever lived! Only another seven to go to! It completely is playing games with my mind over analysing every little cramp and twinge. I was sure af was going to show yesterday because I had a lot of cramping today it all seems to have gone again.

DH has been in a vile mood the last couple of days. Really not like him at all. I imagine the wait is starting to get to him. That and having to muck out the two horses everyday!

It is so hard not to analyse every little twinge, I had a lot of cramping before my bfp so hopefully a good sign.

LOL about the DH mine's been much more helpful with our horses. Have you been riding? I've just been lunging mine even though one is an old happy hack and perfectly safe and 100% bombproof I don't want to risk it. I have an absolutely mental tb mare so wouldn't risk it on her. My SIL rode in the arena up until about 6 months gone!

Hi everyone, well I had my early scan today, I was so nervous I barely slept last night, but it went perfectly. We saw the baby and a perfect little heartbeat blinking away. I just can not believe it I feel as though I'm walking on a cloud I am so happy!

Pic attached teeny tiny baby on right hand side of gestational sack, I saw it straight away and so did DH I think he was worried he wouldn't see it as he said he's looked at scan pics before and been like ok where's the baby lol! But we both saw it clear as day! So happy xxx

038.jpg

slb80... hang in there. I went crazy during my wait! I was either obsessing over my slightly thin lining issue, symptoms, or lack of.. etc. What helped me was keeping track of my symptoms ... every day I would log them on my phone.. it helped me visualize what I was feeling.. I would go back and look at that list during the day.. add to it... or not. .etc. And with my lining... i googled so many threads where women had a thin lining... below 7mm.. and found women who got bfp's.. so as crazy as it is.. i took a pic of those threads.. and looked at them every time I started to doubt myself!

Whatever works to keep you sane!

sending baby dust your way! xoxox

Hi everyone, well I had my early scan today, I was so nervous I barely slept last night, but it went perfectly. We saw the baby and a perfect little heartbeat blinking away. I just can not believe it I feel as though I'm walking on a cloud I am so happy!

Pic attached teeny tiny baby on right hand side of gestational sack, I saw it straight away and so did DH I think he was worried he wouldn't see it as he said he's looked at scan pics before and been like ok where's the baby lol! But we both saw it clear as day! So happy xxx

View attachment 498455

Athena,

Congrats.. what a sweet little bean! xooxo

It is so hard not to analyse every little twinge, I had a lot of cramping before my bfp so hopefully a good sign.

LOL about the DH mine's been much more helpful with our horses. Have you been riding? I've just been lunging mine even though one is an old happy hack and perfectly safe and 100% bombproof I don't want to risk it. I have an absolutely mental tb mare so wouldn't risk it on her. My SIL rode in the arena up until about 6 months gone!

Riding? DH hasn't let me do any more than stroke them over the stable door! One is a little superstar and I feel very safe but he can have the odd vilent spook so dh doesn't even want me to lead him too and from the field. The other is pushy and rude so I wouldn't feel safe leading him. The clinic even told dh I am not to mess with he horses. Luckly dh is riding one and the her a friend is keeping fit.

I am a bag of emotions today and feel on the brink of tears. I have been so positive up until now but had a massive crash today. I feels so tired and that I could cry any second.

View attachment 498455

How amazing. Such a beautiful sight. So happy for you and dh Xx

View attachment 498455

Aww:cloud9: What a blessing! Congratulations again.

Athena, congrats on your beautiful scan!!! Such a sweetie!!! Mine isn't until a week from today - week 7 - because we go to a small clinic with just one RE and he's out of town. I can't wait - this week will go by so slow!!!

Things are sounding promising, slb!!! Hang in there!!! Praying for you!!!

Riding? DH hasn't let me do any more than stroke them over the stable door! One is a little superstar and I feel very safe but he can have the odd vilent spook so dh doesn't even want me to lead him too and from the field. The other is pushy and rude so I wouldn't feel safe leading him. The clinic even told dh I am not to mess with he horses. Luckly dh is riding one and the her a friend is keeping fit.

I am a bag of emotions today and feel on the brink of tears. I have been so positive up until now but had a massive crash today. I feels so tired and that I could cry any second.

Slb80: I know exactly how to feel. The 2WW went so slowly and I found it far harder than the earlier weeks when you are always being told the results of something (whether its follicle sizes, lining size, eggs collected, eggs fertilised...) - during the 2WW we're back in the hands of nature (except we get extra help from continued medication!). In the beginning I analysed all the symptoms (cramping, vivid dreams, poor sleep, tiredness, constipation), but then reminded myself (after lots of googling!) that it was pointless analysing symptoms as they are most likely due to the medication and I needed to try and stop and just enjoy being PUPO continuing my diet and rest. Easier said than done I know! Your half-way through - keep strong. Thinking of you x

Thanks ladies. Your kind words have let the tears flow! Hopefully I will feel better for it x

View attachment 498455

Athena: amazing congratulations! You must feel so happy - does it feel real?

It was hard to believe the nurse at the clinic when she told me I was BFP after all this time and having zero symptoms, but I POAS this morning and I've now seen it for myself. But still feels surreal and I'm remaining extra cautious until I get to the next stage - the 6 week scan!

Thanks so much ladies, it does feel real now, but I still can't believe it at the same time if that makes sense. Victory, isn't it nice seeing those two lines! I love POAS!

slb80 I felt really tearful in my 2ww. Hang in there, when is OTD? Will you test early? Sorry if you already said I can't remember? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->