January 2020 Garnets

I've totally forgotten about the thread. Sorry!

Just caught up. Literati I'm so sorry to hear about the break up, how are you doing?

Caitlin is so much harder than my first! She's spent most of her days screaming in pain. We've been on various meds for reflux and I think the latest ones omeprozole is finally working as she seems more settled. She's spent moet of her life having like 30mins naps and then thrusting in pain but now goes longer which is lovely. My 2 year old has been as good as can be expected but my goodness it's been tough. Especially with lockdown and not being able to get out and give the toddler that extra distraction.

Big news for me is we've finally moved to our house. Well, we are in the process. We got the keys Tuesday but due to Covid we are moving ourselves to avoid unnecessary risks. I now wish we hadn't bought so much oak furniture.

I started bleeding yesterday, only smears so far but either my period is coming or I've done damage lifting all the heavy furniture. More to do today sadly...We've probably 3 more van loads left. So hard trying to work around the baby and toddler! Wish someone could help!

Caitlin is almost 4 months and rolled for the first time on Wednesday 13th May. She's so strong and still a big size Still cannot believe she was born 11lb 12oz.

20200502_095545(0)-1134x2016.jpg 20200510_110356-1134x2016.jpg

Aww, she’s so pretty! How big is she now? From the photos she doesn’t look big for 4 months but obviously I can’t really tell. I forgot she weighed over 11 lbs at birth. My baby is 4.5 months now. She is still on the small side. About 12 lbs 6 oz and 24.5” Though she does have little rolls on her thighs. She just isn’t a huge eater. I try to get her to nurse more but she seems to get full fast. Her pediatrician says she is growing fine though. Oh and I don’t love moving! It’s nice to be in a new place but I seriously stress over packing and unpacking. Hopefully you’re all done now
We are still quarantining here. Been 2 months of this now. My older kids are not liking it at all. Our state is moving to low risk tomorrow but I know it’s not because corona is actually not a risk but because they want the economy to start back up. I told my kids if the re-openings don’t start a big wave of cases then they can each have 1 friend to play with in 3-4 weeks from now. And only outside. Most of my kids friends have not been following much of any distancing so that makes it harder for my kids being the only ones. I wouldn’t be quite so strict if I didn’t have a little baby.

Oh and goingforit, Violet was rough at first too! She just seemed to have an upset tummy all of the time. She was constantly grunting and gassy. It made her belly button turn into a very protruding umbilical hernia. It has to be because she was constantly grunting and straining(even while sleeping) I don’t think from constipation since she went fine and is only breastfed. But maybe something i was eating was causing her excess gas? I think it had a lot to do with my milk flow though. I’ve always a had a fast letdown. She would gulp so much air during feedings. It was so bad! Then suddenly when she turned 3 months it got better so quick! Her belly button went in completely and no more hernia. No more grunting all day and night. Made things so much better. No more screaming in pain for her in the evenings. That was rough. My other kids all had this too to some degree but violet has it the worst. So happy she is much more comfortable and happy. She rarely cries from gas anymore. She loves babbling now and playing with toys. It’s fun seeing her clumsy hand movements grabbing toys and putting them to her mouth.

So how's everyone doing now babies are 6 months old? Where did the time go?! :shock: Mine is much better than he was, much less grumpy and sleeps pretty well but still up twice a night for feeding and such a light sleeper even my clicking bones can wake him up #-o Hope everyone is ok and staying sane in lockdown, what crap timing for Covid to come along and ruin our babies' first few months, we're still pretty locked down where I am (Wales), I have family that haven't even met my baby yet!

Random log in while looking for advice on the most clingy, whingey baby ever Anyone else have a noisy little leech stuck to their butts all day? I love him with every fibre of my being but my gosh, sometimes mamma needs to leave the room! He's 17 months old now, where did all this time go?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->