January 2020 Garnets

Literati - Men eh? Who'd have them?!! They're all for the part where they make the baby, just not the part that comes afterwards :haha:
Onerth - the Tula one has been recommended a few times on a baby wearing group that I'm following on Facebook so I think I'll give that a go, I do have a Mamas and Papas stretchy wrap, I think it's called a Flo, it was given to me and it seems good quality, I just don't know how to put it on properly.
Ashley - lovely to hear everything is going as it should be, I may have my wires crossed but weren't you the one who had a horrendous pregnancy? If so, you deserve to have everything going right for you now. I tried breastfeeding but my boy has a habit where he keeps his tongue firmly at the roof of his mouth at all times so we couldn't get him to latch, he really struggles to take his bottles too, it takes about 20 attempts before we can actually get the rest on top of his tongue so he can feed :-( I was pumping but I couldn't keep up, he was taking 4oz every 2 hours and it was exhausting and I had to supplement with formula and over the weeks my milk supply just dwindled until I was getting barely an ounce every pumping session so I had to call it quits. I am gutted, it is something that I've just always wanted to do and both times it was taken out of my hands, my daughter latched brilliantly but after day 3 I didn't have any milk left and it took 2 weeks to come in but with my son I had plenty of milk to start with but he just couldn't latch, typical eh? I cried putting the pump away, my husband just looked at me like I was mental but he doesn't understand how much it would have meant to me and the feeding team have been brilliant but it just wouldn't work unfortunately :cry: I'm so glad you're able to xx

*teat on top of his tongue, not rest.
Ashley - just wondering how you're finding the age difference between your youngest child and your baby? If I'm counting right you have an 8 year age gap right? I have a 7 year gap (not through choice, fertility issues) and it's kicking my butt! I feel like my daughter is being neglected because the baby takes up so much of my time and she has a nasty habit of guilt tripping me every chance she gets!

With my 12yr gap, it's been hard. I feel like I'm ignoring them.

If you get on youtube and search moby wrap, it will show you how to put on the flo one.

Breastfeeding is going great here. I just picked up 500oz of donor milk. I'd rather have it just in case!

Lovely to hear the updates!

Bumblebeee - we have a Caboo close carrier for the newborn stage then a couple of Integras for the baby / toddler stage. I have heard some good things about Tulas too though!

Lyra had her 6 week check on Thursday (which we were 30 mins late for - luckily I called them to let them know as they can get a bit funny if you are late! Not really my fault - our house lock had failed so we couldn't get back in the house, the locksmiths came round and had to cut through both the back and front doors :roll: They worked as fast as they could but it was a pretty big job so took them longer than expected - I couldn't go and leave the house unsecured though!). She weighed 10lb 15oz and is tracking nicely along her curve :) She tends to get nappy rash really easily, so as soon as she goes to the toilet I need to change her immediately. We use a barrier cream every change too but she really seems very sensitive.

Other than that she is doing great :cool:

She is doing well, but she doesn’t like to be put down at all and often has very crappy naps, so I definitely don’t get anything done ever.
Lyra is very similar - she is fine as long as I am with her but she really isn't keen on me doing odd jobs whilst she naps. I adore spending the time just cuddling her but my household chores are really mounting up and since the hubby is back at work he can't help much.

Hi guys, hope everyone's well. Just thought I'd do a little update.

Cohen is now 8 weeks old today, he's was 11lb 2 weeks ago and gets weighed again tomorrow. He has a milk allergy and bad reflux so is on special milk and gaviscon. He's finally started smiling more often (it's took a long time to get him to smile) and has started cooing.

He sleeps well and feeds 5oz every 4 hours. Here's a picture of my little baby. He needs to stop growing so quickly, it's making me too emotional lol xxScreenshot_20200311_094047_com.android.gallery3d.jpg Screenshot_20200309_210316_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

OnErth- where do you get donor milk? I’m not able to pump much extra really. I have a tiny breast milk stash in my freezer but this whole corona virus scare has me worried I will get it and either my milk will dry up or I will have to be away from my baby and need milk. I would prefer donor milk over formula. Just don’t know where to get some just in case. Another thing I’ve heard about is Domperidone which helps with milk supply. I researched it when I was worried about my supply. As of now I don’t need it but I still worry here and there over my milk. It drives me crazy. So just a thought for those who have low supply.

Bumblebee, yes I would say my pregnancy was pretty rough. The bed rest and constant contractions were awful along with gestational diabetes. I know I could have had it worse and I’m grateful my baby is heathy.
I’m sorry breastfeeding didn’t work for you. I wish it wasn’t so hard when it doesn’t work out. I was so so upset early on with this baby when it wasn’t working. I still wish things had gone smoother because since I make just enough for her I still stress here and there when my boobs feel empty. Never had that problem with my other kids.

You have to order Domperidone from InHousePharmacy ( dont need a script but it takes WEEKS to get to you). It DOES work though and within a few days. ( assuming youre nursing and/or pumping)
As for Donor milk, you can go through a milk bank. You can google a milk bank in your area. They are strict on standards of giving and receiving. I went through a local, vetted, facebook group. You get milk in exchange of bags or pump parts or something just kindness. Of course you have to take a risk and hope the person is being honest but you can usually spot the people who arent quite right and skip over them. My midwives assistant is a regular donor and she loves to help newborn babies with milk. I have a 3cuft freezer full and the 1 drawer in our kitchen freezer is half full in 13weeks. Im going to keep going until DD3 is 6 months with saving as much milk as possible.

I did. That's how I know where to get it and how it works. I'd do it again if needed.

I make enough, I just want the extra since dd2 had failure to thrive. I hope dd3 doesnt but it wasnt fun and want to be prepared. Dd3 gains 35+grams a day, which is what they want.

It’s such a worry isn’t it? All of mine have done well with weight and I’ve only worried with violet since I can’t really freeze extra and I hope she is fed enough. She acts like she is and so far is gaining well. But my 2nd and 3rd were such chunks and violet isn’t. I know all babies are different though. I did do some research on donperidone when I was scared about my supply. I still worry that eventually I won’t make enough. What dose were you on? And any side effects?

I think 1 pill a day? It's been since 2007 that I took it. No side effects, I switched from Reglan to Dom because Reglan has nasty side effects.

Dd3 finally reached double digits for weight! 10lb2oz at 13 weeks. Yay!!

How is everyone doing with covid -19? Are you on quarantine or social distancing? We are here. My husband took some work off too.
Violet is 3 month old as of yesterday. She weighs just over 11 lbs now.

Last edited:
We are social distancing. It is hard because my husband left me when Aubrey was 6 weeks old. That is why I stopped posting. Feeling depressed now. He is still in the kids’ lives but I am alone with them 80% of the time.

Aubrey is doing well. We had to postpone her 2 month checkup because she has a cough, but hopefully I’ll find out how much she weighs next week. She is my easiest baby so far because she actually naps in her bassinet now (usually) although she still prefers to be held. She also takes a soother, which helps a lot! At night we still co-sleep. She doesn’t cry much at all. Very good baby!
I hope you are all doing well and staying safe.

Wow Literati, so sorry to hear that, what a time to leave :-( How are you doing? My friend just had her husband walk out in November and she says she's grieving for the routine and the familiarity of having him there rather than anything else, their relationship was always rocky and at times it was really quite toxic but she says she still misses having someone around, not necessarily him but someone.

Oh, I’m so sorry Literati. Not just him leaving but you having to be a single parent As well. I hope you start to feel better. How did Aubreys appointment go?

Nora is 4 months old now! She started blowing raspberries. Super cute!

Hows everyone else?

Oh Literati I am so sorry to hear that :( I hope things improve for you soon x You will get through it! Glad to hear Aubrey is doing well :)

I have no idea what Lyra weighs now, all the weighing clinics are closed and even though baby vaccinations are still going ahead, they won't see them for any longer than is absolutely necessary. We are pretty much self isolating since the schools and nurseries are all shut. I am missing the bonding time I planned for Lyra and myself seeing as she will be my last, but on the other hand I am pleased her sisters are around to watch her grow.

I hope you are all doing well otherwise and I hope you all stay safe in these troubling times x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->