January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

What a terrible sleep! I think this baby was giving me an example of what it will be like when he's born! Will be taking it easy at work today, if I can...

Yah on 27 weeks midnight fairy!

alijo- its actually the same here for me, after my 28 week appointment which is at the end of this month i will get fortnightly appointments. I need new bras too

newbie- i've not been sleeping so great either, when i lie on my side me leg gets numb, and then i switch over and the other side goes numb! and baby is definitely more active at night! x

p.s. woo, im in double digits now!

Thank you!

Baby wriggles all night here too. Gonna be a night owl!

How are you all doing? I suddenly feel majorly unprepared.

Thank you!

doing alright- we are so unprepared, haven;t really bought anything and we have lots of things to sort out. I've got a private scan next tues, so i am going to say to DH, that day to make it a baby shopping day and we can start buying little bits. All i have just now is some clothes, and my MIL has bought a baby bath. Has anyone got a list of newborn baby stuff? i have one but always worry i have missed out something obvious!

Thank you!

doing alright- we are so unprepared, haven;t really bought anything and we have lots of things to sort out. I've got a private scan next tues, so i am going to say to DH, that day to make it a baby shopping day and we can start buying little bits. All i have just now is some clothes, and my MIL has bought a baby bath. Has anyone got a list of newborn baby stuff? i have one but always worry i have missed out something obvious!

Ooo I would love to see someone else's list if they have one too. I don't have anything either Ally, just a few newborn items.

I've been looking at the Egg pram online but need to buy everything and have nothing. Eek. We are doing a massive extension to our home so we have little space to put anything. There's no way it'll be done for baby arriving so will have to develop some more patience and work out some nifty storage ideas!

Found it online... looks too complicated for me! I'm way too practical for something like that, although it looks very stylish. Love the variety of colours. The one we ended up with is the joie litetrax 3. Doesn't have the same abilities in terms of parent facing, carry cot, etc, but from my perspective, it is lightweight, folds one handed, large shade, easy to handle. My original choice was the baby jogger city mini gt. Both are similar... baby jogger costs much more.

Midnight, right there with you feeling unprepared. I know we have some time, but I'm already getting quite uncomfortable and know by the time the shower comes around (we are waiting until after the baby shower to see what all we get/will need to get) I will be even more uncomfortable and I'm afraid we may be rushing to get what all we actually need. We haven't even come close to cleaning out the baby room to paint and get ready

When is it a good time to tour the l&d ward/nursery at my hospital? I know they do tours but just not sure when people usually schedule those. Also, when is the best time to pre register at the hospital? I feel like these next couple months are so busy and I'm not the best with time management!

I missed a bit the last few days! I'm also gaining a chunk of weight. Maybe 22 lbs by now, which is a lot when I started at 106 pre-preg! But I think it's about on track with my last preg - I gained 38 overall with DD and lost all but a few lbs by 3 months PP.

Hips are still sore most of the time.

I dunno if it's nesting or boredom from uninstalling FB on my phone, but I've gotten a lot done around the house in the last week. Cleaning and decluttering. Feeling super positive about it, but then I get tired after doing a lot.

DD's 3rd b-day party is this Saturday. Decorations and gifts acquired, food ordered. Just need to pick up things like chips/drinks. It's gonna be small, but still more people than we are ever accustomed to having over!

I am still struggling massively with frustration and patience at the end of the day. DD is being so difficult, including peeing on the floor and couch randomly. I completely lost my shit twice last night. Screaming and raging angry. My mom was on the phone with me when DD did her second big pee on the floor and I was losing it. She offered to come the night before the party and help set up. She's generally not very helpful, so we'll see.

I'm also just so upset and angry about this "diaper rash" that we've been battling, literally since January. She's potty-trained except for overnight, but those overnights are wreaking havoc on her poor bottom. Every time I try something else and don't see results I want to (and sometimes DO) cry and I end up taking it out on her, the poor thing, because I am SO FRUSTRATED.

I need January to come so I can stop being so hormonal.

Wow that was a gripe-fest! Sorry!

Slammer - I understanding getting frustrated and having a hard time of not losing it. I'm trying to keep myself in check as much as possible towards DS. He's at that stage where he tries to see how far he can push something. I always feel awful when I snap at him because it breaks his little heart. I'm usually not the type to snap unless it's something he really SHOULD NOT do and may get hurt. I mean I may just be raising my tone of voice, but I hate doing it unless I need to. Generally I get results without having to get too serious with him, so when I just out right snap it really gets to him.
As for the rash.. I don't battle it often, but if he gets diarrhea he generally gets one. I literally couldn't do anything for them. Any type of diaper cream hurts him. I did have some luck with Aquaphor and learned that if he's starting to get a rash to put a really really good lotion on (I was using Aveno baby eczema) or Aquaphor on at every diaper change. I wonder if the rash is part of why she's having her accidents. I do know that kids will regress a little at times. My cousin's son is around her again and went through a week or so of having accidents and his mother was losing her mind. People kept telling her it's normal and many kids do it.

Vrogers - I never did a tour so no good advice. I would say at any time really. That way if you aren't comfortable with something or have questions you can ask about it. Then if you really don't like it and want to go somewhere else you have time to look.

I'm somewhat prepared from my first. I did give a lot of stuff away to my younger brother so basically what I have left is a crib, mattress, bedding, car seat, stroller, some bottles, breast pump, and clothes. I still want/need a lot of stuff outside of that. I do want to replace nipples and maybe get a few more bottles. The type we ended up using for DS will need completely replaced. Just got so worn down. I have another type he started on, but ended up hating. I may end up needing a new breast pump as well depending on how well it is still working. The motors sometimes give out. Also been getting a few more outfits. I really need to sit down and make a list, because otherwise I will miss something.

Slammer - I completely understand your frustration and lack of patience with your dd and in general! This pregnancy has made me SO irritable, and I'm not an overly patient person to begin with, so that combined with how TIRED I am after work has made me a lot more prone to snapping at poor dd. Dd is also at a testing boundaries stage and can really push me sometimes. She also tends to listen to DH a lot better than me, which is frustrating since DH often works very late and it's often just me until bedtime! I can usually stay patient with her even if I don't feel like it, but I definitely find myself snapping more than I'd like. And my DH? I'm afraid he gets more of my negative attention! I am quite snippy and grumpy with him most of the time. I find myself annoyed by nearly everything he says. I am annoyed by most people, but of course have to try to hold it in! We had a couple friends over Friday night when I was SO tired and cranky, and although I tried to contain myself, I probably seemed pretty grouchy still! :haha: I just cannot wait until this pregnancy is over and I get my old personality back. But, then I am going to be monstrously sleep deprived and probably super grumpy from that...so it's going to be a LONG road ahead before I'm calm again! Ugh! Stupid hormones!

Ali - I think I need to sit down and make a list as well. We have very little to buy/do for baby, but the few things we do need to do could easily get forgotten about!

Does anyone else have a major case of baby brain this pregnancy? I had it last time as well, but this time I am started to question whether I even have a brain! I make so many dumb mistakes at work, and my DH keeps telling me entire conversations we supposedly had that I have NO recollection of (and I don't think he is lying). My sister even apologized for something she said to me last night, and I had zero recollection of her saying anything! Ahh! Makes me think I'm losing my marbles!

Literati - yes! I was literally in the middle of a sentence in a conversation with my boss the other day at work and I totally forgot my train of thought. I was speechless... Very embarrassing! Luckily, I have a great relationship with her and she just laughed at me. I remembered later and had to write it down immediately so I would remember.

Literati - yes yes yes! i am so forgetful!! i have reminders on my phone about everything but still forget things. I missed a concert i had tickets for the other week, it just completely slipped my mind!!

i made a list of milestones though

27 weeks- baby scan
28 weeks- start of third tri and midwife appt
30 weeks- start antenatal classes
37 weeks- when baby is considered full term in the uk

Thanks for the commiseration AliJo and Literati! Literati - yes most people irritate me too, lol. And I keep having flashes of irritation at my husband. One minute I'll think he's the bee's knees, and then the next I'm wondering how he could possibly be so stupid and annoying! Eeeek!

DD and I had a good night together last night, so that was nice. She was tough for my husband all day, and kind of tough for a while when I got home, but we turned it around thankfully.

I'm not thinking about milestones really. I have an appt this week and then at 28 weeks.

I bought three sleepers for baby this weekend - really the first purchases I've made for this kid! Boy clothes are so LAME! I'm hoping to get clothes from a couple friends, but we'll see.

Other than clothes I just need a new breast pump and that's probably it. I had the Ameda Purely Yours last time and it was a piece of junk. I ended up having access to a hospital grade Medela at work for a couple months and then just switched to a manual pump after changing jobs. It did the trick actually, but I want to have a good regular one just in case. I think DD's bottles are still in good shape, but she still uses them, so I'll just buy a few more. I tried to keep only a few on hand to reduce the amount of washing.

Hi everyone

Hope your all well. I pop in to read but haven't had time to post alot lately.

I've been in bed for the last hour trying to sleep because I'm so tired tonight, but baby is ridiculously active tonight and making me feel so uncomfortable, just can't sleep so thought I'd pop on quickly to catch up and say a quick hello :D

I totally understand where everyone is coming from with the impatience and feeling irritable. I'm the same, usually towards the end of the day. My OH generally takes no notice of me though lol

Bump is growing now and Braxton hicks have started. Baby is so active all the time.. she's definitely the most active of them all, it feels like she just never stops. She was breech at my scan 3 weeks ago so hoping she gets into the right place soon, if not already!

Slammer - Boy clothes can be pretty boring, but I do find some of the cutest little outfits for my little guys! I just realized an outfit I have been waiting to go on sale (was a sneak peak) just did. I'm going to have to get it once I get paid! It has a vest and is so adorable. The options are much more limited, though. I have a harder time finding clothes I like as DS gets older. My MIL sent outfits I never used because they weren't cute at all.

Ana - Great to hear from you! As active as you make her sound she's probably doing cartwheels and flips in and out of breech!

My bump is really starting to pop. I noticed how much tighter my scrub shirts are getting.

Also 27 weeks today!!

I've been thinking about freezer meals too! I love to make freezer crockpot meals. I had made up several this summer and we've been trying out some new ones to see what we do and don't like so that I can make some up. I'm thinking about making up a bunch over the next couple months to store up in the freezer. I know I won't be up for cooking.

I'm also planning to get back to working out and getting in shape as soon as I can. I stepped on the scale today and saw a number I haven't seen in years.....and not in a good way! :cry: I think I'm about 12-15 lbs, give or take. :( I know a lot of it is baby though, my bump is HUGE and the rest of me hasn't changed much. Most people have said I look like I could have lost weight if they look at any part of me except the bump. :haha: I'm still going to the gym 2-3 times a week now, but after the healing stage I want to make sure I get back again. I'll have to work out a plan for how Im' going to make that happen or I don't think it'll end up working out. Our gym has daycare services that allow up to 2 hours a day for $35 for the month. It's not a bad deal if I go regularly and they have some good classes so I think I"ll add that to my membership. They'll take infants as young as 6 weeks.

I've got an appointment Thursday this week (26 weeks).

I need to figure out freezer meals too, angel what kind of crock pot dinners do you freeze? My mom will be helping the first week and then after she leaves my mil will come for a couple of days. So after that I will definitely want something prepared.

As far as weight gain, I had gained about 12 lbs, but have lost 6 lbs since starting my GD diet. I wasn't small to begin with so my dietician said not to worry about it.

Angel, I read an article about the gym daycares and how they don't have to be regulated by the state so I would maybe check it out through and through if I were you. I was thinking about joining a gym after I give birth, but that kind of scares the crap of me. I wonder if the ymca is state regulated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->