January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Froggy and sunshine - I hope your placentas have moved by your next scans.

I am feeling super DONE today! I haven't seen my DH for more than a few minutes since Sunday, my dd is driving me nuts, and I had an annoying day of way too much waiting (at the dr's office, grocery store, etc). I accomplished nothing else, took a nice long nap with my dd (thank goodness for that), and now I just want to bundle up on the couch and do nothing all evening, but we have to go somewhere this evening and I do NOT want to see people or do anything at ALL! So cranky and needing this weekend.

The vaccine can make you sick, but it's not actually influenza. The virus in the shot is dead, but sometimes your body reacts to it in another way. The nasal spray does contain live virus in it, though. Which is weakened and you may or may not get sick with it, but no where near as bad. That is not recommended for pregnancy. Same with rubella since it contains a live virus.

Nothing can be deemed 100% safe, but it wouldn't be recommended if the benefits didn't outweigh the risks. It is either a B or C and it may be depending on the year. I did find this site that breaks down the categories per vaccine. https://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/Influenza.aspx

I feel the benefits outweigh the risks. I also vaccinate for the herd immunity to protect those that can't vaccinate and are also the ones most at risk if they do get certain viruses.

The CDC is a good place to look for information as well.

Froggy - He's so cute! I wish I could see my little man again! I know I might get to with a growth scan in the last 4 weeks, but that's still a ways away. I'm also happy your numbers have been good!

Ana - Whooping cough scares me. Not the vaccine, but it in general. I've seen poor little babies with it and it's so devastating! My OB gives the flu vaccine now (use to just have to go to a clinic or something) I should see if they do the whooping cough as well.

Lite - I know the feeling. I hate it when I don't see DH for awhile. I hate not seeing him, but I also don't get a break and sometimes you just need one. I took a nap today as well and I really needed it. I know I'll be ready for bed in a couple of hours and hoping DS has the same idea. I wish DH worked day hours because sometimes I just need to go to bed and DS won't.

The third trimester for me is just going to be me wanting to sleep through it. I'm so exhausted. Worst than first trimester.

Froggy - Those same fears exist everywhere. Even a state regulated daycare will usually combine all ages of children in mornings and evenings when there are less children in the center. And biting and stuff like that occurs even in state regulated places. The one thing I can say about the YMCA is that their child center is only for ages 6weeks - 6 years, so it's a little different.

Having worked for so long in daycare, I'm very pro daycare - as long as I check it out first. :)

Sunshine - I really hate when people are super aggressive about things, it's so annoying when people can't accept other people's opinions! Personally, I don't think you can determine that anything is 100% safe. Even things like tylonel aren't 100% safe (they're classified as drug category B, whereas the only thing that is considered 100% safe is class A - and it seems like literally nothing is class A). I'm strongly pro-vaccine so my view is a little tained that way, but I definitely argue that the pros outweigh the cons. The difference in each year is essentially which strain they choose to use, because they have to guess as to which strain will make it around that year. I have a lot of friends who are all have very good science degrees in biology, chemistry, etc from really good universities like Harvard, and Cornell, and they have all said the risk is minimal and the Pros outweigh the Cons. My OB, who also does family medicine, is also very much a holistic doctor in many ways and will go natural instead of just pushing drugs and she still strongly recommends all vaccines, and strongly encourages flu shot and whooping cough during pregnancy.

In the end even if you've never had the flu before, being pregnant does lower your immune system and just because you've never had it doesn't mean there isn't a chance you won't still get it. I just can't imagine putting myself through that risk.

anababe- sorry to hear movement is so uncomfy. I have a lot of movement but i don't find it uncomfortable, i really like it.

froggyfrog- well done on v day! lovely scan pic! hope placenta moves soon! still got time i guess.

sunshine star- i feel personally, the best way for me to protect my body and baby is through diet exercise and healthy lifestyle. i dont like vaccines, but that is just me and my personal feeling on it. I think it's a hard decision though and also difficult to make informed decision on, as there will be a lot of conflicting info out there on it.

how is everyone else doing? it'd getting cold in scotland, and i'm just struggling with my itchiness. I have moisturisers and bio oil so i just lather myself like 10 x a day and do my best not to scratch. I hope it lessens soon!

Ally - Sorry you're still fighting being so itchy.

It's starting to get colder here as well, but we still have some warm days. I'm preferring the cooler days. I don't sweat everywhere and I don't have to have the air on which is saving me money.

I've been sick the last few days with some type of cold. It's mostly in my lungs and throat. I have some nasal drainage at night but I haven't been getting stuffed. Instead I wake up feeling like I can't breathe because my lungs are closing up and I've got a croupy cough. I'm really prone to getting the croup and I'm afraid that DS is going to be the same. I start to feel better after a few hours at least.

Ally - Sorry you're still fighting being so itchy.

It's starting to get colder here as well, but we still have some warm days. I'm preferring the cooler days. I don't sweat everywhere and I don't have to have the air on which is saving me money.

I've been sick the last few days with some type of cold. It's mostly in my lungs and throat. I have some nasal drainage at night but I haven't been getting stuffed. Instead I wake up feeling like I can't breathe because my lungs are closing up and I've got a croupy cough. I'm really prone to getting the croup and I'm afraid that DS is going to be the same. I start to feel better after a few hours at least.

thanks Alijo. Went and bought some camomile cream, so will see if that helps. I prefer the colder days too. Sorry you've not been feeling so well either. It;s just that time of the year isn't it!

Literati- oh my goodness, that sounds JUST like how I felt Monday evening! I hope today has been better for you and that very soon you're able to relax and spend time with dh!

Our fall weather is taking awhile to come and stay (we keep just getting little tastes and then back to 90 degree weather) but I think this weekend on its supposed to finally really cool off.

Baby has found my ribs. Yesterday she was kicking them quite hard, and then again this morning around 5am. I was thinking maybe it's a sign she's turned head down but I've felt kicks and movements other places as well so who knows

So ready for my appointment, still 11 days to go. I'll have to get a couple shots and blood drawn for the GD test but the ultrasound will be worth it!

Ally - Really hope it helps! Doesn't help with the cold weather comes drier weather. Definitely is. I'm hoping it's part of the reason I feel so exhausted all the time. I will take any amount of energy back! Right now I'm pretty sure I could sleep the whole day.

Vrogers - Hopefully means she is head down! When baby starts to hiccup I only feel it where his head is. That's how I'm pretty sure he's head down. Also my most dramatic kicks are in my upper abdomen. One day I swore he was sideways because he was kicking/hitting at both sides.

Thank you so much ladies 😊 Really appreciate your thoughts, opinions and advice! Hope you've all had a lovely day Xx

Just had my 26 week appointment! They measured my belly for the first time, and doctor says I'm right on track for measurement and the heartbeat sounds good. I got my flu shot today too, especially because flu is going around the school district.

Doctor says we start 2 week appointments now! So I go back in 2 weeks for the 28 week appointment, and they'll do my GD test then, and the updated TDAP vaccine too.

Feels like things are going to start going fast now!

Angel - That's great! It does go faster once you hit 2 week appointments. My appointment is a week from now. Which I need to call them and ask about the GD test because my labs are at 8 am and I don't have the drink so what will happen is they'll have to draw blood twice or put it off till I have the drink. They don't open till a quarter till 8.

I hope none of you are in hurricane Matthew's path. If you are please stay safe! My brother lives in Florida but not in the path of the hurricane thankfully. I'm sure they'll feel something from it.

Thanks, everyone! You are such a supportive group of girls! It seems like a lot of us are feeling a bit overwhelmed or fed up sometimes these days! I gave in todAy after work and called my mom to invite myself over for supper! :haha: I just knew I couldn't handle another evening alone. Thankfully I am feeling much better with some company, and dd is in her glory with grandma and grandpa.

Ali - I hope your glucose test/blood work isn't too much of a bother with the timing and whatnot. I am going to be getting my glucose test this weekend as well, although thankfully I don't have a set time for it and can go in whenever I want.

My appointments never seem to go every two weeks. They just go to every week after 36 weeks or something. I guess my dr doesn't care much about me! :p Oh well. Appointments are a hassle anyway, and I hate being weighed at this stage when I start putting it on so quickly!

As for weather, we are already in full-blown winter and it's been snowing constantly the past two days! It's horrid! I can't wait to hibernate in January when I'm off work finally.

Lite - I'm thinking I will have to rescheduled. I don't want to make a special trip to pick it up. Who knows, maybe I'll find a good reason to go over there. It's about 45 minutes to get there. I'm sorry winter has hit you already! I don't like the extreme cold or snow, but Autumn is always welcomed.

I'm starting to think we won't get a house till after the baby is here. Huge bummer, but it is what it is. I definitely want to move in the winter.. not. It'll all work out, I'm sure.

Ali - aww, I'm sorry it's not looking good for you to move before baby comes. That is disappointing! But hopefully you'll find an amazing, perfect house by waiting a bit longer.

Ali sorry it's not looking hopeful!

We had our offer on a house accepted, so having an inspection tomorrow which hopefully goes well. Then we will know if we'll get it or not. We'd move at the end of November! Lots to do.

Long weekend here, DH has 4 days off! :wohoo:

Omg yes on the having trouble sleeping! Woke up to use the bathroom (which is becoming more frequent now) then baby started kicking and now finding it impossible to fall back asleep! It's now 4:45 in the morning and I'm going to have a longgggg day of work ahead!

Same thing happens with me I wake up to go to the bathroom I come back to bed and she starts kicking away.

froggy I hope the placenta moves so you don't need to schedule the C section.

Tomorrow is 27 weeks for me yay! I've been absent, work has been busy and my internet at home is down, which really sucks. Total FWP I know. I had my first weekly monitoring appointment with the MFM yesterday, baby looked good and everything was fine, so I get to remain pregnant another week as long as everything is ok. I've noticed a lot more movement too over the week. My goal is to get a flu shot this weekend. I think a cold is coming on, I feel so off more tired and dizzy and congested. I really would just love to go home and sleep but I am trying to tough out the work day.

Danser - I'm glad baby is doing great! Every week matters and hopefully you won't have much problem making it to term.

Van - Congrats on the house! It'll be exciting!

Lite - I really hope so. I would go into another apartment building with washer/dryer hook ups if I didn't have to sign another year lease.

The housing market is at a stand still here right now. With the cooler weather coming I think everyone is holding off on buying/selling. Maybe something will pop up, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

danser - so happy to hear your appointment went well!

Ali - we're having such a hard time finding a house too and I think it's not going to happen for us either before baby. Total bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->