January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Angel50000- oh yeah that is exciting about 2 week appointments now! :)

Literati_Love- no problem, i am definitely just feeling so fed up. It really is hibernate season!

AliJo- sorry about the house hunting not going to plan, it will all sort itself out though..

Vankiwi- enjoy your long weekend off!

danser- glad baby is doing well and that is good about the more movement :)

Danser - I'm so glad baby is still doing well! Let's hope this baby can stay for quite a few more weeks yet!

Ali- Ah, that's rough! I do hope something pops up. Sorry you'd have to sign another year lease for a rental. We are usually able to find places that are month to month or a 6 month lease here.

Sorry to all who are having trouble finding a house!

Vankiwi- hope the home inspection goes well! So exciting! It will be good to move by end of November and have a whole month + to settle in before baby arrives. Happy Thanksgiving! Long weekend for me too. :)

Ally- I totally understand. Hugs!

Sounds like we could all use a "sick" day to just get a break from life!

Chi - my baby also kicks like crazy after one of my nightly pee breaks (I'm up to 2-3 per night now :/). I don't normally have trouble falling asleep with it, but it is quite cute that she's so wiggly. Makes me think, though, "oh no, when she's here I'm going to have to stay awake WITh her." :p

Aw, Chit, I'm sorry! I definitely didn't want anyone else to be dealing with it. I feel like pulling my hair out because we already have like 0 space! With baby items around it'll be so much worse. I really don't want to rent a storage unit because I'd rather save that money so I can put it towards a house. DH and I really need to sit down and look at our finances so I can see if we can afford a little more. It'll open our options some. I just don't want to with maternity leave around the corner. Thankfully taxes follow and we will get a big chunk back and possibly more if this little one decides to come before January. Which I doubt.. DS1 was stubborn so DS2 will be all the same, I'm sure! Best of luck to both of us.

I always think I want a day completely to myself. Then when I'm alone (which is almost NEVER) I start to miss DS and DH pretty quick and I just want them back. It's been awhile since I've actually had time to myself. I'd probably just take a nap to be honest. I actually should try to find some me time before baby comes. It'll be awhile before I even think of taking me time after he comes.

Has anyone noticed their eyesight getting poor? With my first pregnancy my eyesight got poor and improved some after I gave birth. I never gained it all back and now I'm a little nearsighted. Well I've noticed it's gotten worse again. It's driving me nuts. I hate wearing my glasses and really need to see about getting contacts. I can't really do that right now, though. I looked it up and pregnancy can affect your eyesight. Hopefully my vision doesn't get worse and goes back to pre-pregnancy this time. Generally it does, but last time it didn't.

Ali I already wear glasses and my eyesight worsened with DD1. It's definitely worsened again with this one but I'll hold out on getting a new prescription until a few months in to the new year.

Literati Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Our home inspection went great luckily. A few minor things but nothing crazy. They have no smoke or CO detectors?! Crazy people!

It's 5am here and I've been up for a little while unable to sleep. Woke up with a little upset tummy (most likely from the little bit of coffee I had because I'm sure my body got used to no coffee for 6 months) and as that started feeling better, baby started pushing on/kicking my ribs. I've also felt her on the other side of my stomach so I guess she's stretching out. I'm glad she's having fun in there moving about but I wish it wasn't so uncomfortable!

My MIL and possibly bff are coming over to help move furniture and paint the nursery. I was planning on waiting until after the baby shower to do anything but my MIL has been asking and I guess it's good to go ahead and do

Hope everyone has a good weekend and able to spend time relaxing with family!

Van - I got a text message reminding me to schedule my eye exam and was going to do it till it dawned on me that now wasn't a good time.

Vrogers - That'll be fun! My weekends just feel like the weekdays. Never anything different about them.

Ali- ah I'm sorry, that's how mine were when I worked retail. I hope you are still somehow able to relax and have a good weekend!

Ali - I haven't personally noticed my eyesight get worse. I will likely have to get my eye exam while still pregnant because I will need a new year of contact lenses. I don't believe my prescription changed last time I was pregnant. I have definitely heard that it can affect your eyesight though.

Vrogers - sorry you are so uncomfortable and that you were kept awake so early!

Vankiwi - yikes! That is a bit crazy, but at least that is a very easy fix for you. :) Glad it went well.

I am currently just sitting in the waiting room during my glucose test. I think about 10 minutes to go and then I'll be home free. I sure hope I pass! I have to make 2 pies and then we are headed to the farm for our first thanksgiving celebration. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Vrogers - Well, with me being a nurse then DH being a manager at retail weekends really mean nothing to us. I at least don't work weekends often, but we hardly ever have time together. Weekends are usually my catch up time.

Lite - Glad your eyesight is staying stable. Enjoy your Thanksgiving get together! Thanksgiving here in the US is one of my favorite holidays. My birthday sometimes lands on it as well. Oh my, I'll be turning 30 the next time it does!

All of our furniture for the nursery has been ordered, and we found a better glider we ordered too. It's a huge step but wow.

Danser- I've been trying to find a decently priced glider! I see so many I like though and I'm afraid our expenses will be needed for crib or other big items like stroller, car seat, etc. I bet it feels good to have accomplished ordering all the furniture!

I am wiped. We painted the nursery and my MIL bought a few nursery items which was really sweet of her. I'm happy with how the color turned out and now just waiting until after the baby shower to do much else!

Glad you ladies got some things done!

My cough keeps getting worse. It started about a week ago. My 28 week check up is Thursday so hopefully it's getting better. Otherwise I should probably get it checked. It's wiping me out.

Love that some of you are getting nurseries ready. Baby will be with us for a while, so we won't be doing much of that just yet.

He has been ridiculously active over that last 48 hours. My bump has been jolting badly whenever I'm still. It was moving so much yesterday that I think dh was a little freaked out. Fortunately, it hasn't been painful yet, but I've hardly slept. It's going to be a long day at work today!

Hi all. Feel awful not had time to read back. I wanna go on my laptop as I can not quote properly on my phone!

I have been in hopsital :( had bleeding and conractions. Went 9pm fri eve to a&e moved to triage and had bloods and examination done. Cervix was closed. Moved to ward and had first steriod shot in my leg and the anti d
Had monitor and 2nd steriod shot 12 hours later. Baby measuring 24 weeks so need another scan but no more blood or pains just bad back. Got home 10pm last night. My poor OH stayed whole time sat on a uncomfy chair :( but all is ok xx

Alijo- not noticed any changes to my vision, and i wear glasses already. Hope your cough gets better soon too, i guess our bodies will take longer to recover from things now!

Lit- good luck on glucose test

newbie- the increased movement is good, it's re-assuring isn't it. i've not been sleeping well either and can feel him during the night.

midnight fairy-i am so sorry to hear!! that sounds so stressful :(
when will you have a re-scan? glad you are home and feeling a bit better now... rest up!!!

i've had a really rubbish weekend, i fainted in my yoga class on sat morning, i felt dizzy, eye sight went and then i just fell. next thing i knew i was on the ground and yoga teacher and classmates were standing round me and i couldn't remember what had just happened! water and a biscuit later, i felt fine and finished the class.

also- my itching is getting worse and worsee, and is now unbearable. i get relief when i have a cool shower, and put lots of mouisturiser on after. I feel ok then for a couple of hours, but i am going to go back to the doc. it is all over my body now and i have horrible red marks all over my skin, and i cannot resist scratching. i looked it up and i think i have PUPPS, which women can get normally towards end of third trimester- maybe i am very unlucky and have it now. it's harmless but oh girls, i feel so very miserable and self conscious about my skin. i am hardly sleeping and wake several times during the night to moisturize my skin

Hi ladies :wave: I just found this thread. My due date is Jan 24th. :)

i've had a really rubbish weekend, i fainted in my yoga class on sat morning, i felt dizzy, eye sight went and then i just fell. next thing i knew i was on the ground and yoga teacher and classmates were standing round me and i couldn't remember what had just happened! water and a biscuit later, i felt fine and finished the class.

also- my itching is getting worse and worsee, and is now unbearable. i get relief when i have a cool shower, and put lots of mouisturiser on after. I feel ok then for a couple of hours, but i am going to go back to the doc. it is all over my body now and i have horrible red marks all over my skin, and i cannot resist scratching. i looked it up and i think i have PUPPS, which women can get normally towards end of third trimester- maybe i am very unlucky and have it now. it's harmless but oh girls, i feel so very miserable and self conscious about my skin. i am hardly sleeping and wake several times during the night to moisturize my skin

Oh wow that sounds awful you poor thing!

Skye Leigh - Welcome :)

Ally - Sorry to hear your so uncomfortable with the itching and hope your ok from the fainting episode!

Midnight - Hope you and baby are doing ok. I went through exactly the same with my first and he never arrived early just a horrible scare, that was actually Brought on by a water infection. Fingers crossed all is OK and no more contractions.

AFM, movement has settled down now.. I'm not sure what she was doing over that 2 days but it certainly wasn't the pleasant movement it should be lol she must have been doing flips in and out of different positions haha back to normal movement now and not painful at all.

I'm really tired today. OH has taken my oldest two boy to their birthday party while I stay home with the little ones. Think I'll be having an early night tonight I have zero motivation to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->