January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Thanks so much everyone hopefully it's just a scare, and nothing I need to worry about long term. I just really want to get her to at least 38 weeks. I will do whatever it takes, but wow I wish I could get a few weeks of just some good non stress free news.

I can imagine you are hoping for just that, danser. And you deserve it!

I'm exhausted today. I'm fighting a mild cold, but it has kept me awake for the last three nights. I napped in my office earlier - much needed.

Newbie - I wish I could nap at work! I've had way too many days of only 3-4 hours of sleep. It completely ruins my day every time.

Danser - I really hope you get some stress free time as well. Let us know how today goes. We'll be here for you!

Lite - I loved having a swing for DS. He grew out of it WAY too fast. He was such a chunk, plus was always in the top percentiles for height. He was always wearing a size to two above his age. Which made me mad when he grew out of 6-9 month clothes and I could not longer buy him sleep and plays.
I'm sorry about the swelling, though! I had it awful at the end of my first pregnancy. So far I've been good. I had a little when it was still hot out, but since it's cooled down my swelling pretty much disappeared.
Hope your DD starts to feel better soon. Could be a growth spurt as well causing her to be achy.
My son has been having quite the imagination as well. A lot of pretend play. He doesn't really talk yet, though. It really saddens me because I want him to so bad! He will say new words all the time, but refuses to use them and just uses his typical words. I'm not concerned about his development even though he's behind on talking because he's been right on track or ahead on everything else.

Angel - I need to try there again, but the first time I did everything was uncomfortable and it made the whole experience awful.

Skye - How have things been with you?

I have to go into work for a few hours for RN coverage. I know it's just a few hours, but I really wanted to be home and relaxing!

Don't know if any of you remember about my MIL, but her surgery was today. She's out and doing well. She had to lose both of her little toes and the knuckles that go with them due to gangrene. She is a surgery risk so her chances of something going wrong was much higher. Hopefully she has a speedy recovery. I just wish she would have taken care of herself when all of this started (years and years ago) it's really too bad.

Danser when do you get your results from your gtt?

Ali, glad to hear all went well with your mil. I hope she heals well!

What has everyone gained here? Anyone overweight before starting out? I was around 20 lbs overweight and thanks to my GD diet I have only gained 5 lbs. I was 12 lbs up when I got diagnosed, but lost 7 lbs since starting the diet, and have maintained only a 5 lb gain. My Dr's don't seem worried, they say as long as the baby is growing there is no concern. I'm starting to wonder if I will weigh less after birth than I did before I got pregnant.

Hello
sorry i havent been on and i need to catch up with everyone. I had some bad news- you know my itch i was complaining about? turns out it was a serious immune disorder and i am currently in hospital. Baby is fine, but the rash i had spread all over my body and became blistered. It has been a very painful and hard time for me :(

i am on a steroid treatment and will have to stay on it till baby is born, and i'm just in hospital now until my skin starts to clear up with the treatment.

this is what i have: https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/pemphigoid-gestationis/

going to sit now and read through all the commnts and catch up from my hospital bed

just catching up on everyones updates now

danser- you have had such a hard time, hope things get better

Alijo- hope your cough clears up

newbiew- enjoy your conference:)

hope everyone elses aches and pains and swelling eases up.
cant believe we are all in third tri now or almost in it!
the end is in sight!

Ally - oh, goodness! So sorry about your rash and that you're in the hospital! That sounds like a really nasty one! You poor thing!!

Froggy - I have gained a LOT (23 lb), but I was underweight to begin with. Unfortunately I have gained more than I had with my dd1 at this point, but
I'm hoping it will slow down at some point.

Ali - I hope your MIL recovers quickly. That really is too bad she had to have that surgery.

My dd also grew super fast (both height and weight), and was wearing at least a size or two up from what she was supposed to! She has never really slowed down, and although she is much slimmer now, she continues to remain off the charts for height and quite high for weight as well.

I am kind of hoping dd2 will be slightly smaller, just so she seems like a baby for longer.

I love this vivid imagination phase! Pretend play is so important! Sounds like your ds is at least progressing with his language, so I'm sure he'll
catch up soon. :)

Newbie - sorry you're so exhausted today. Hope you recover from your cold soon. I find even the mildest sicknesses wipe me out so much when pregnant.

Danser - I hope you can make it to 38 weeks! I wish you could have a stress-free pregnancy!

Ali- glad your MIL is out of surgery, but I understand when you say you wish she would have taken care of herself before it got to this point. I wish a speedy recovery for her!

Froggy- I don't know exactly what I've gained, but I'm pretty sure it's in the 20 range. I was fairly average when starting out and I'm hoping not to gain TOO much more weight! It's been harder than I thought to see the scale constantly going up at each appointment. That's awesome that you've been able to manage yours so well!

Ally- oh my goodness, that sounds miserable, so sorry you have to be in the hospital! I'm glad you know what it is now and that it's being treated though. Do you know about how much longer you'll have to stay there?

Ally - That looks just plain awful! I'm glad they know what it is, but that seems like such a horrible thing to have. Hopefully it clears up for you after you deliver and it doesn't come back with your next pregnancy.

Lite - My son has always been at the top a few times over. I hate that he's already in 3T! My DS is slimming down as well. I hope DS2 will be smaller, but honestly I don't have any hopes for that. I was a big and fast growing baby as were my 3 brothers and DH wasn't small either.

I really hope starts talking more soon. I'm impatient!

Ali - my dd is also in 3T...and some of that is getting too short already! It's ridiculous. I think she got the fast-growing genes from my DH, but my MIL says even he wasn't that big! I was big at birth but slimmed down quickly and was only 20 lb by 1 year...so there could be hope for dd2 if she inherits my body type! Haha. Sorry yours doesn't have much hope! It's not a huge deal and in a way I like having a big, healthy, sturdy girl! I am proud of how tall she is. But it really is just hard keeping up with their growth clothing wise!

Lite - I do love having him be big and healthy, but I definitely love the small baby stage as well. It didn't last long! She sounds like she's a little taller than my son. It's insane seeing him next to his cousin that is a year older than him. He's barely taller than DS and my son has several pounds on him.

Ally and Danser - thinking of you both, and hope you're doing okay! xoxox

To everyone else - hope all is well! Things have been busy with work so I haven't been on much. Can't believe how far along we all are now - so exciting!

Chit - Nice to hear from you! Hope things are going well! We have come far. I hate looking at the 3rd tri boards, though. Most are talking about labor watching and what not. Even though I feel like it's close, I feel like it's so far away when looking there!

Chi- glad to hear from you!

Ali- I agree, I was just looking in the third tri board today and thinking how I feel overwhelmed...I don't feel like we relate as much to second tri anymore but then third tri is filled with posts about labor and we aren't there yet

Vrogers - Need an early third tri section! I think third trimester is the worst to start in since people are having their babies and you still have months to go.

I'm up late waiting for DS to fall asleep. He took a late nap so I knew it was going to be a long night. Not much to do on these nights. I've been checking BnB too much.

vrogers- i should be out on monday and then i can do the treatment myself from home. Oh it;s been a really tough time.

alijo- thanks- they said it should most clear up with the treatment (can see some small improvements). Totally agree about third tri board, msot of it is about labour but that is still a good while away for us yet!

Ali- Hi Ali eveything's good with me thanks! :) I was able to get a pretty decent night's sleep last night thank goodness!

Froggy- Froggy are you dieting while pregnant? What kind of diet are you on?

Ally- Oh wow sorry that's happened to you Ally that sounds horrible.

Oh aly, that sounds so awful! I hope you start feeling better soon. i guess the upside is that you now have a diagnosis and maybe can find some relief from the treatmetnts.

Skye, I have gestational diabetes, so I'm on a strict diet to keep my numbers in check. I went to a class to learn how to eat. It's basically limited starches, and no sugars. I have learned how to get my carb intake from other sources. I eat a lot of protien, therefore I'm not gaining any weight. My body just responds to diets that way, I was overweight because I love food, and I did 2 rounds of ivf in about 6 months. But when ever I have ever started to diet, I have always started losing weight immediately.

froggyfrog- fingers crossed. they said they will be releasing me tomorrow and giving me all the creams so i can do it from home. Fingers crossed another week or so and my skin is looking more normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->