January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Congrats on all the great scans. I didn't look at the screen until she said "well, you're definitely pregnant." Lol. I was thinking "well what is that supposed to mean? Of course I'm pregnant!" And then she pointed out the little hb.

Buny, I'm glad your ob is seeing you for reassurance. Remember that the measurements for gestation are based on averages for that day. So you may be exactly on track, but if baby is on the lower side of average, you might measure a few days earlier. That is why they usually say you are alright if you measure within a week of where you should be. Keep in mind they also give a margin of error with the measurements. Mine was 6+3 +/- 2 days when I went in at 6+6 and I feel good about that. My doctor said that is perfectly on track, and I trust her. I think you are fine. Hope you get a peek at baby to reassure you anyway. Let us know.

Hooray for all the great scans! So wishing I had one coming up soon (first u/s in about 5 weeks...).

Nausea has significantly lessened today (blessing and a curse - was my "at least I am certain I am pregnant sign"), but the fatigue is out of control. Luckily I could take the day off from work today.

Any fun plans for the weekend?

Bunyhuny - I completely understand you are freaking out. I've cried three times already today and it's only 10am. My ms has gone today and yesterday. I'm scared this is my third loss in a row. It's my gut instinct and I'm feeling panicked and devastated already.

That's what my gut keeps saying, too. I soooo wish this was easier for all of us. Pregnancy after loss is just so hard!!!

I'm about to go in for an ultrasound, hopefully everything is okay. In just so freaked out. My nausea has been so much less the last few days and my bbs have stopped hurting (though I'm sure that could be because of the new bras...). I'll update soon. Wish me luck.

Hugs Buny and Spud. :hugs: I felt the same way earlier this week and was certain I'd get bad news at my u/s - but I was wrong. The second things didn't go 120% perfect I turned into a basket case and just waited for history to repeat itself. In an ideal world we'd all measure ahead with hcg levels doubling into infinity and not have a single hiccup...but unfortunately pregnancy doesn't work like that.

It is so hard not to be terribly anxious at times after loss.

Buny, good luck but I don't think you'll need it. Glad they're letting you see your LO, you've earned the right to be reassured!

Heather those hcg levels can cause so much stress I know...try not to worry though, yours are doing what they are supposed to!

Thanks for being there for me today, everyone. I'm so glad we all have each other for this incredibly stressful time. The support is amazing.

I went in for the ultrasound today and am really, really thankful to be able to report that the baby has caught back up again. Today (7+1) he/she measured in at 9mm with a heart rate of 132 bpm. I am so, so, so relieved. OB called after to tell me that she went over every aspect of the pregnancy- sac, yolk, baby, area around the sac, etc, etc, etc, is about as perfect as one could hope for. Baby is measuring 7+0, and as every other scan I've had beside this last Monday put me one day behind, she says this is absolutely perfect growth. She said she can't find a single thing wrong at this point and she's really pleased with today's results. My next appt is on Thursday and I'll have my "official" intake then (complete with scan).

Thanks again for all the support today. This pregnancy is tougher than I thought it would be. You all are the best. <3

Oh buny that is great news so pleased for you. How is your anxiety now? Has it completely eased up? Panic attacks are horrible. I had one this week for the first Tim in ages. I think the hormones dont help so dont beat yourself up about it x

Heather, I love that you put the names at the top. I might do that too!

Buny that's great news about your latest scan, so glad your baby has had a growth spurt! :thumbup: I hope your panic attacks have eased up now, I had some a couple of years back and they are so scary.

Kd - I like the group name January Blizzards and can't think of a good alternative x

Heather, I'm having a girl vibe this time which is new to me because with both my boys I had a strong boy vibe.

minimoocow- Thanks hun. I'm sorry you're suffering through the panic, too. It's awful. :( How are you feeling today? Have you found some good ways to deal with the stress? I'm still having some anxiety, but it's much more under control. I've been prone to panic attacks since my first miscarriage and they've gotten worse after every loss. Never had several in one day before, though. That was scary. But yeah, I'm a lot less stressed now.

Heather.1987- Thank you much. :) I love your girl name by the way. That's so cool that it matches yours.

Hello ladies
I'm feeling abit better this morning after another vomit. this has to be the hardest pregnancy. I feel like I shouldn't freak out to my husband all the time because I realise it's hard for him too.
Buny - I'm so happy your scan went well. Are you getting scans often?
I have a scan on 2nd June when I'm hoping for good news.

I haven't thought of any names yet though If baby is a boy dh wants to name him Clyde. I don't really like the name but he has his heart set on it.

Getting nervous about my rescan now. I was ok about it for the past 10 days but with 2 days to go dh said tonight that he's told work he might not be in on Thursday. I.e. If its bad news. I know he was trying to reassure me he would be there if I needed him but honestly its made me feel really crap :-(

Aw minimoocow. Men can have the best intentions that go wrong. I'm sure your scan will be fine and you're lucky that dh is preparing to be there to support you whatever happens.
Please have confidence that it will be fine. I know it's easier said than done because I had a dream last night that I closed my eyes and cried through my whole scan and missed it all which is something I would never do in real life.

So I ate dinner with no problems last night. And aside from almost losing it when I brushed my teeth this morning, I have eaten a full breakfast and lunch today with no problems whatsoever. This worries me. It's too early to feel good again.

Well, scratch that. I have spent the last hour walking around the house with my trash bag and dry heaving. Such pleasure to be found in pregnancy. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->