• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Also, now that we have a nice amount of people, do we want to have a conversation on the name of the group and the banner? I just went with January Blizzards because it came to mind. Some people live in the southern hemisphere though and it is hot in January! Any other thoughts on a name?

I can start a separate thread with a poll after we get 3-4 name suggestions and we can vote for a few days and then change (or not).

I've had nausea since week 3, so I've not been so lucky :haha:

KD I like the name, and don't have much for a suggestion, sorry

minimoocow- That's some really weird info your doctor gave you, and honestly, if they're so inept that they say seeing a fetal pole puts you at 5 weeks, I'd switch to another doctor. It's just totally incorrect. A 16mm gestational sac is exactly what you want to see sometime between 6 weeks and 7 weeks.

I went in on 6+4 (this past Monday) and the perinatologist (high risk doctor) said my fetal pole is measuring 3mm. I was worried, because I know it's a little on the smaller side, but he said it is totally fine for being 6+4. Depending on which growth chart you use, a 3mm fetal pole means anything from 5+6 to 6+3- there is no firm consensus. Where I have my IVF done, they say the mm is how many days past 6 weeks you are, so a 3mm pole at my IVF clinic means 6+3. My perinatologist also said that as long as I'm not measuring more than a week off it is totally fine- and that's even with knowing my exact conception date b/c I did IVF. Babies all grown at their own rate and in spurts.

I was (and still am) super worried about measuring a little behind, but I'm trying to find comfort that the perinatologist moved me from being in the post-IVF high risk category, back down to the low risk category. He said that everything looks perfect, so he doesn't need to see me again, so I'm being sent back to the OB for future care.

I'm also going in for my next scan in 7 days. I'll be 8+0. The perinatologist and my OB said I really don't need another one that soon since everything looks great, but I said I needed another scan for my peace of mind and the OB said that she understands that i've been through a lot and may need a little reassurance during the first trimester. So yep, ultrasound next Thursday.

Here are the facts about early ultrasound. They help me to calm down when I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the fear of losing another baby:

At 5 weeks, the gestational sac should be able to be visualized.
**At 5+0 I went in and they saw a gestational sac measuring 4mm, which is 4+6.

At 5+4 the yolk sac should be able to be visualized.
**At 5+3 I went in and they saw the gestational sac measuring 7mm, which is 5+2, and though they could see the yolk sac, it wasn't clear enough yet to measure.

After 6 weeks the fetal pole should be able to be visualized.
**I went in on 6+4 and had a fetal pole measuring 3mm. (5+6 to 6+3) Doctor was not concerned about it measuring a little behind and said that when they're that small they are incredibly hard to measure. Just moving the wand a little can make them look bigger/smaller. At this point, they're doing their best just to get an image of it.

A heartbeat should be visible sometime between the fetal pole reaching 2mm and the fetal pole reaching 6mm. (This depends on the preciseness of the u/s machine the doctor/tech is using and the skill of the person using the machine.)
**I saw a heartbeat of 116 bpm, but this was at the high risk perinatologist who has one of the best machines in the city. The girls at my OB's office always Oooo and Ahhhhh over the clarity of that machine. They can't get images anywhere near as clear and likely would not have seen the heartbeat yet.

Spud- Watery pinkish sounds totally normal during the first tri. As long as you're not having any cramps and the bleeding doesn't turn into an actual flow, my OB says it's totally fine. (And even a flow can be fine if there are no cramps with it.) Will your OB bring you in for an early scan to ease your mind?

mummy3ds-
Good luck at your scan tomorrow! I hope your LO is growing absolutely perfectly!

Fit_Mama2Be- That a perfectly normal doubling time for hCG that is that high. It slows down at 1500-ish, and then slows even more once it passed 6000. I bet you have an amazing scan.

2kidsplusttc3- I started the nausea at 3+2, but I did IVF and they have me on so many hormones it's not even funny. I did notice the nausea get way worse right at 6w.

kdmalk- My nausea comes and goes, too. When it's here I hate it, when it's gone I'm terrified. Just can't win!!

Bunyhuny thank you so much for your informative post it has made me feel much better. I heard the dating thing with the fetal pole too which would put me only a couple of days behind where I was but its good to hear your measurements reinforce that. :thumbup:

I am going back to that dr next week for a free rescan but then won't be seeing him ever again. I thought he was arrogant and although its a minor thing he quite rough with the scanning! DH says he saw me wince at one point! I had an internal when I was having a MC last year and the ladies that did that were so gentle and lovely that in contrast the dr was just rubbish.

Has anyone experienced very light pink spotting, visible only when using the bathroom? I had it at 3+3 when my period would have been due, and again today, but only for like half an hour each time. My nurse says it can be completely normal. I'm not overly concerned, as I'm not having cramping or anything darker than super pale pink, but it's still unnerving. Just looking to see if anyone else has had this.

ESwemba84- Yeah, spotting always freaks me out a little, too, even if the doctor says not to worry. Easier said than done, ya know? I'm sorry you are having to deal with it. :hugs: I had spotting almost everyday from 3+6 until 5+4. It's calmed down a lot since then, and now I haven't had any in six days. My perinatologist said it was just implantation bleeding, which can come and go. Most days it was just pink when I wiped after using the restroom, but a several times it was a gush of red. OB said that as long as it didn't get heavier it wasn't an issue, especially since I wasn't having any cramps.

minimoocow- Yeah. That doctor sounds like a jerk. No point in passing up a free scan, but yeah, switching after that seems like it will definitely be for the best. Just don't let him get to you next time if you can help it. His opinions obviously aren't based on facts. Good luck to us both at next week's scans! <3

First tri is killing me. I have no energy or motivation to do anything. I'm constantly tired or constantly sick. I dread eating. I have not done anything I enjoy for days. I'm grumpy and just plain miserable. I hate not feeling like myself. I hope this passes soon :(

Thank God - Baby is measuring 7 w 1 day with a heartbeat of 150 bpm!!!! I was so scared I couldn't even look at the screen while the sonographer was measuring! But I kept hearing her murmur "good," and "great" while she dug around.

Thanks so so much kdmalk, mummy3ds, minimoo and buny for your supportive and calming words. :hugs:

Congrats, Fit!! That is wonderful! You must be pleased as punch right now! :D <3 :happydance:

Nice one Fit! Hope you can relax a bit and enjoy your pregnancy now :thumbup:

L&K- Girl, I feel your pain. I am so miserable. :( Last night I finally broke down and took a (pregnancy safe) prescription anti nausea/sleep aid pill (Phenergan), slept 13 hours, and still woke up exhausted at noon. I made it to acupuncture today at 2p and ran a couple errands, but after that (4:30), I was so exhausted I just went home and laid in bed for the rest of the day. I even missed my prenatal yoga class that I was looking forward to. I'm so achy all over, so tired, just plain awful feeling. Being up on my feet for more than 20-30 minutes makes me feel like I'm going to pass out.

I can't wait until I get to the next trimester. This one is really beating me up. I've resorted to eating candy just to get enough calories to make it through the day. It's getting ridiculous.

Congrats fit! I don't know if I'm gonna be able to look at the screen either.

Fantastic new FIt :)
I am just back form my scan and baby blob was there with hb flickering away and now measuring 7+3 so we are over the moon as the 2 mcs stopped growing around 6 weeks :) xxx

Last night I finally broke down and took a (pregnancy safe) prescription anti nausea/sleep aid pill (Phenergan), slept 13 hours, and still woke up exhausted at noon. I made it to acupuncture today at 2p and ran a couple errands, but after that (4:30), I was so exhausted I just went home and laid in bed for the rest of the day.

OMG that sounds like heaven! :haha: I am so jealous. I have a full-time, fairly stressful job w/a long commute and a toddler, so a day like that is nothing but a dream!!!!

Congrats to the ladies who have had good scans this week!!! :thumbup:

Congrats on your fantastic scan mommy3ds!! It's the best feeling in the world. :)

Great news Fit_mama and Mummy3DS :happydance:

I've also had my scan today, and saw little bean with the heart beating away! They dated me at 6+1, which I believe I am 6+4 or 6+5. I'm trying not to worry about it too much though as my estimate was based from O date and I had an IB 11 days after that so I could easily be a couple of days out. Plus, the sonographer said baby was hiding away in a back corner so she was finding it difficult to get an accurate measurement.

They didn't tell me how fast heartbeat was either so I don't have a lot to go on! All they gave me was CRL as 5.3mm x

Well, I'm apparently not dealing well with the whole measuring behind thing. I know that both my OB and my perinatologist are saying that everything looks perfect, but after the last year and a half, I'm having such a hard time believing them. I've been having 2-3 panic attacks an hour all day. OB is having me come into the office today to talk to her about how I'm feeling. I'm hoping she'll send me for a scan to ease my worries. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time coping with this pregnancy, but I really, really am. Is anyone else this freaked out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->