January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Hello ladies.
I have been mia too for a while. ..the same reason as Sammy...I didn't want to be so negative.
I have calmed down a bit as there's nothing I can do to change any outcomes really.
I have a date for my next scan and it's not until 2nd June but at least I will get answers then. I'm starting to experience some nausea but it comes and goes. I'll take that though as dh and I and dd are going out with some friends for an early dinner so it will be nice to want to eat it.

Coucou - I'm really sorry to hear about your hcg tests. Is it possible they are wrong?

Ndh - I hope your next scan goes better. Just out of interest what is your limit for scans? Mine go pretty quickly and it's the abdominal scan so I feel ok about it. (I've never had a vaginal scan even at 5 to 6 weeks).

Buny and kd - I'm excited that you have heard heartbeats. That's awesome :)

Hi everyone else and the newbies. Hello. :)

Oh Leigh I'm so sorry :hugs:

Kylee the nursery plans sound awesome! How cool to be using the same colour either way so you can get painting while you wait to find out the gender. We don't do a nursery and we're not allowed to paint in our rental anyway so I live vicariously through others :haha:

Spud my preference is to keep scans under 3 minutes.

can I join this. just found out that I am having a rainbow baby. a positive test a week ago and now it is darker this week.

I am due January 14th.

I will be leaving this thread now, this wasn't my rainbow.
Good luck to you all.

Thanks, Topanga. That means a lot to me. <3 It definitely has been a rough several years. I'm really hoping this time is finally our miracle.

NDH and coucou: I'm so, so sorry. : hugs: I know you're grieving right now, but if you need to talk through any of it one on one with someone, you can PM me any time. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and sending you so much love.

Hi 2kids! Congratulations! :happydance:

As for me: I'm still having the same symptoms as always. OB is threatening to put me on anti-nausea meds if I keep losing weight so fast. Blah. I don't really want to take more meds than I'm already on. She agreed to give me a couple weeks to see if the weight loss slows down, since I'm heavy to begin with, so losing some weight actually lowers my chance of complications. I go back in at 8 weeks for my last transvaginal scan, so that's next week Thursday, and later that same day for my official pregnancy intake. I'll go in sometime during my 11th week for the Panorama blood draw and start weaning off some of my IVF meds that week as well. Should be off all the meds by 16 weeks.

Coucou and NDH - I am so sorry that you've both had to go through another loss, it's so cruel. I hope you both conceive your sticky rainbows very quickly x

Hello ladies can I join you?

I recognise some of you from the Jan Snowdrops thread but at the minute I'm so worried about everything due to previous losses so thought I'd have a look on this board too! I wish I could just settle down and enjoy it but we've been trying for 3.5 years with 2 early MC and an early scan last week at what should have been 6w4d but me at 5 weeks and they said baby could have stopped growing and be a third MC.

I am on progesterone suppositories so not sure if they would prevent a miscarriage occurring naturally which is scaring me (although I'm still checking the TP each time I wipe lol!)

Also I'm just not sure if the doc was right. The sac was 16mm with a yolk sac and 2.8mm fetal pole. I've seen ladies on here have an empty sac at 5 weeks and everything be ok. I've got another 7 days to wait for a repeat scan and it's taking forever.

Welcome minimoocow - it sounds like you saw a lot at 6+4 so I hope you see more at the next scan.

Afm - I found a spot of watery pinkish blood on the tp today. Not sure what to think as I had my first vomit today so ms seems to be getting worse.

Hi there
I too recognize some of you from snowdrops :)
I have 4ds and have had 2 mmc (1st at 10 weeks followed by a d&c in oct and the 2nd at 11weeks followed by a hemorrhage in jan)
I am 7+5 (due 2nd Jan) and having my 2nd scan tomorrow, we had our 1st scan at 6+3 and saw the hb flickering away, the mcs all stopped growing around 6 weeks so I am really nervous about tomorrows scan and am just hoping and praying that there will still be a hb.
I am on baby aspirin and cyclogest so hoping this is the magic combination, my symptoms are pretty much constant nausea and my boobies are so sore it is unbelievable, I am also very hormonal and tired xxx

Have my first scan late today but don't have high hopes as my hcg has stopped doubling. :-(

It was 46,420 on Sunday and yesterday, 3 days later, was only up to 67,562, so only a 46% increase.

Not sure what to expect...no hb? Blighted ovum? Baby measuring way behind? I'll post an update later.

Welcome to the new ladies!

minimoo- when is your due date? I'll get you added to the front page. Hope your repeat scan goes well. Have you had your beta checked at all?

Mummy3ds- glad to have someone that shares my due date! I had my first scan at 6+6 and baby was 6+3 with a little heart flickering away. I ovulated at cd16, so measuring right on target for that. My next scan isn't until May 29! I am getting anxious already. My mmc never got bigger than 6+1, so this scan showed our biggest baby ever and I hope it has continued growing since then! Good luck tomorrow!

Fit- I wouldn't worry about that at this point. Your levels are plenty high enough. They take forever to double when they are that high. I bet there will be a baby and a little heart flickering away. I have no idea why your doc is still doing betas at this point. A scan is much more indicative of what is going on at really anything over 25k, which is usually when you should have a hb. Don't panic all day. It is more than normal to not be doubling at this point.

AFM, Monday I nearly puked, but that was the closest I have gotten. I am definitely feeling nauseous pretty frequently, but I am not throwing up. I am really feeling decent for the most part. Makes me hope everything is okay in there.

Welcome to the new ladies!

minimoo- when is your due date? I'll get you added to the front page. Hope your repeat scan goes well. Have you had your beta checked at all?

Mummy3ds- glad to have someone that shares my due date! I had my first scan at 6+6 and baby was 6+3 with a little heart flickering away. I ovulated at cd16, so measuring right on target for that. My next scan isn't until May 29! I am getting anxious already. My mmc never got bigger than 6+1, so this scan showed our biggest baby ever and I hope it has continued growing since then! Good luck tomorrow!

Fit- I wouldn't worry about that at this point. Your levels are plenty high enough. They take forever to double when they are that high. I bet there will be a baby and a little heart flickering away. I have no idea why your doc is still doing betas at this point. A scan is much more indicative of what is going on at really anything over 25k, which is usually when you should have a hb. Don't panic all day. It is more than normal to not be doubling at this point.

AFM, Monday I nearly puked, but that was the closest I have gotten. I am definitely feeling nauseous pretty frequently, but I am not throwing up. I am really feeling decent for the most part. Makes me hope everything is okay in there.

How exciting we share the same date :)
Fit I was under the impression they stopped doubling after 6000 but we dont check these levels in the uk so Im only going on what I have read on here, gl for later xx

kdmalk - Due date should be 3rd Jan by ov so going with that for now!

Fit - I have also heard the doubling thing slows down once you are into the thousands which I suppose makes sense otherwise you'd have figures in the millions at some point!

Nausea has just started. Feel sick to my stomach. Anyone else start to feel it at 6 weeks?

Yes! This past week has been terrible for me (I am 6w5d now) - I eat I feel sick, I don't eat I feel sick. Between that and the fatigue, I have been having to lock my office door and take a 20 min nap every afternoon around 3 just to perk myself up a bit.

(I write this as I am sipping my ginger ale and munching on a plain rice cake.)

I had a rough few days at the beginning of the week (7), but feeling fine today. I do remember during week 6 though that I felt sick when I ate. Nothing sounded good, and when I finally picked something that sounded decent, I felt like straight up poo afterward.

I did go buy some preggie pops (suckers, decent reviews online) and found that eating one when I would start to feel sick would stop it from escalating. I haven't had to eat one today though. Still deciding if that is good or bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->