January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Hi Topanga.
Thanks for your reply. I agree about the early scan and I told the lady on reception when I was booking that I didn't want it so early. As I've had losses before I can have a scan at 7 weeks. When I went to book it they said they had to go by my lmp not when I ovulated. My lmp was 26th march and I think I ovulated cd27 (giving the guess of 5+2) Instead of 7 weeks.
I've got myself into a state of relax now but I was panicking for a while.

Are you pregnant currently? I hope to see you in this thread more.

I am! I had a MMC in August 2012 (so I get early scans now too) and a DD born Feb. 2014.

With this one, my LMP was March 25 (so we must have almost the same EDD!). My EDD based on that is Dec. 30, but I ovulate late and baby is measuring about 5 days behind. I had a scan earlier this week and we were able to see a good HB. They didn't change my EDD, but i think there's a good chance it will end up being in January, which is why I'm here! So I guess I'm officially joining the thread! :winkwink:

Oh, and to not scare you, I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD19!

If you know ovulation date and its later than "normal" change your know date you give the drs to be 2 weeks prior and there will be less difficulties with due dates ;) drs seldom seem to realise that pregnancy technically is counted from 2 weeks prior to ovulation rather than lmp date as we don't all have perfect cycles and dont adjust accordingly.

Spud - sorry you have a 2 week wait now, but I agree from your dates that your scan would easily be 5 weeks progression or even less. Also good point made that babies develop at different speeds and at such an early gestation just a day or two can make a big difference.

Hi Topanga :hi: Congrats and welcome aboard.

Welcome, Topanga! I'll get you added to the front page!

Spud- I would absolutely not be worried. If you know you ovulate late, then you are right where you should be! I'm sure you'll have a healthy little blob with a heartbeat in two weeks!

Afm, first appointment went super well. I am 6+6 by lmp, but I ovulated at cd16, so I am technically only 6+4. Peanut measured 6+3 today and had a little heart ticking away in there. We are thrilled. 6+3 is the biggest baby we have ever had. And things were just never on track with the first baby, but everything is beautiful this time. The doctor is so pleased. I go back in two weeks for another scan just to reassure me (and her because of my history), then she thinks we can start to relax. I am finally feeling so good about a pregnancy!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
Aww yay Kylee such great news to see a little heartbeat!

I'm freaking out cause I wiped blood this morning :/ more brownish and mucous than actual blood so could just be harmless spotting, but I'm getting a bit of light cramping too and this whole pregnancy is reminescent of my last one so I'm paranoid of history repeating itself. Nothing I can do before my scheduled appointment on Monday anyway as its the weekend here and our hospital is abysmally equipped on weekends.

Kdmalk, that's fantastic news! Very happy for you :thumbup:

NDH, I hope your cramping and spotting has eased up now. It's always so worrying when you find any kind of blood during pregnancy when you wipe but it is often just breakthrough bleeding or residual... hope that's the case for you. Roll on Monday! x

Everything- Yeah, just my stomach. Luckily, I'm a bit heavier, so I have more target area than a lot of ladies. There are definitely some perks to being on the large side when it comes to injections... I haven't been told if there's anywhere else to inject them, but I haven't asked. I just wish I could get them in on the first go. Two nights ago, it took me a full for attempts before I finally got the needle to go in. :dohh:

Spud- I'm sorry you had a crappy appointment. :hugs: Try to be positive though, it's 100% normal not to see the yolk sac or baby at 5+2. Usually, the gestational sac needs to be 5+3 to 5+5 before the sac comes into view. Also if you implanted on the later side, you'll measure a little earlier. On 5+0, I measured 4+6 with just the gestational sac of 4mm. You probably just implanted a couple days later than you're thinking.

Kd- Yay!!! Congrats hunny!! Isn't that little heartbeat the most reassuring thing ever? I'm so happy for you. Send me some of that good baby energy for my scan on Monday, okay?

NDH- How are you doing today? I hope the spotting/cramping has eased up. I've been having it off and on for the weeks now, myself. It's scary as anything. I hope we both have great scans on Monday. In keeping you in my thoughts. <3

AFM- Still spotting, still light cramping. Drives me crazy! DH and I moved from the RV park we've been staying at to a more permanent location in one of the city's mobile home parks. We're still paying down IVF debt, and we want to save up for a house, so we've decided to stay in the RV until after the baby is born. All my doctor are here in town, so we signed a 6 month lease. After I'm to third trimester, we may move somewhere else in the RV depending on my risk factors and if I can have a home birth/birth center birth. We're without power until Monday, but all the other utilities are on. My morning sickness has been nuts, but I'm keeping track of everything I eat and making sure I get at least 1500 calories a day, even if that means eating some chocolate here and there to boost my calorie count. I've lost about 5-6 pounds so far, but the doctor says it's fine and not to worry since my bmi is already higher than they'd like it to be.

Buny - I hate the thought of injecting myself so my hubby does it for me! :blush:

How is everyone? I assume no news is good news! I did another CB Digital this morning, just because I had a 2 pack so thought I may as well. It was 3+ again, as expected - shame they don't go higher than that! I'm in the UK and it isn't common to find out hcg levels from blood tests here so I just have to wait for my scan on Friday and hope for no pain / bleeding in the mean time :coffee: x

nothing to report here, just beyond tired, nauseous, and now have a bad headache, and the regular strength Tylenol seems to have upset my stomach further :wacko:

Only 10 more days till my first appointment :happydance:

And I really want to punch DH right now, because I have asked him to do a few favors for me and told him how I was feeling, he argued that all I do is sit around while he works all day, and his come back is "You wanted this!" excuse my language, but he can go f*ck himself. Really pisses me off.

Blah, pretty sure I'm miscarrying. When I woke up I had brown discharge after I wiped. It is now very pale pink/tan. The midwife sent me for more bloodwork so we shall see, but based on my past history I'm not optimistic.

We haven't DTD and my cervix is not sensitive at all so definitely can't blame the spotting on that. On the plus side at least this time I'm finding out early that it's over rather than having to find out at 13+ weeks like last time.

Fit_Mama2Be- I'm sorry you're going through scary spotting. :hugs: I hope everything comes back totally fine on the tests. From my understanding, spotting can be really normal in the seventh week with things getting irritated as the mucous plug forms.

Nothing very interesting is going on here. Spotting has gotten a lot lighter, hardly there some days. Nausea is kicking my butt and I'm not eating so healthy because of it- mainly pasta, crackers, and chocolate :dohh: , but at least I'm getting calories down, which is better than how I was doing a few days ago. I'm totally exhausted and bb's are super sore. Pregnancy brain has fully set in and it's embarrassing how forgetful I've become. Oh, and my digestive system is on the fritz. For the last few weeks I've been really backed up, needing to drink miralax every night, and now things have swung the complete opposite direction.

Heartbeat ultrasound is tomorrow!

LockandKey- Husbands really do not understand at all what we are going through, do they? Mine has been annoying off and on the last week as well. Sometimes I just want to deck him. Haha. Of course I won't, but I swear, he drives me crazy sometimes.

EverythingXd- I love my husband, but the idea of him jabbing me with needle is just terrifying. Haha. I'm sure he'd do a fine job once he got the hang of it... but I just don't think I'd let him try. Not unless he had to give himself a few practice injections first.

Sorry some of you ladies are having a rough day.

Fit, I really hope it is nothing. Lord knows it is impossible not to worry. I have had random bits of brown this entire pregnancy, and my doctor says it is nothing to worry about. My friend had brown and then light pink all the way to week 10, but it was her cervix. Everything is fine though. What makes you think it couldn't be your cervix?

Afm, I nearly wrote a post this morning because I had such a good day yesterday and I woke up feeling great. I was convinced I shouldn't be allowed to have two good days in a row and everything still be alright. By 10:30, I certainly felt reassured. Of course, I was sitting on the couch trying to calmly watch the Arsenal game (ha! Calmly!) when I suddenly started feeling horrible. By about half time, I was sitting on the couch with a trash bag telling myself "Do not throw up. Do not throw up." Lol. I managed to hold it down and was feeling decent again by noon. Ate a graham cracker and then by 1, I felt terrible again. At two I carried my bag to the bedroom for a nap and I am feeling so much better now. Hubby will be home in the next hour or so, but I am pretty terrified to eat. I am also starving. So we will see how that goes.

Fit,

:hugs: when I was pregnant with my rainbow, I had pink/red bleeding at 17 weeks and FREAKED OUT. I rushed to the doctors the next day and everything turned out to be fine. DH and I hadn't DTD recently and there was absolutely nothing else to explain the bleeding. The doctor said sometimes these things just happen and they don't know why. It didnt happen again and LO made it full-term.

Also, I have a friend who has had really significant red bleeds in the first trimester of two of her pregnancies and both babies were healthy.

You don't know until you know. Praying everything is ok and it stops. :hugs:

Thanks Buny, kdmalk and Topanga. I got today's hcg results back and my levels are now at 46,420 up from 9727 where they were last Sunday, so I feel a little better.

I have another blood draw booked for Tuesday and my scan on Thursday, so guess I'll just have to wait and see. Really don't want to lose another baby.

Fit- Those are some excellent numbers right there!

Fantastic hcg Farrah!

I will have an update in 4 1/2 hours after my scan today. I good its good news, but I think its likely it will be inconclusive and Ill need to said 10 days for a rescan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->