January & February Beans 2021

I didn't mean to attach the picture. I thought I deleted it lmao. I was gonna ask for opinions but then decided not to. Guess I'll ask anyways. Ignore the dirty mirror :dohh:

I think it’s a cute outfit Lisa! Although I don’t know a lot about fashion either lol :haha:

Lol thanks sander, glad I'm not the only one out of the fashion loop!

Sander, I love that photo as well. The light makes it gorgeous!

Lisa, I like the outfit! And it's such a cute bump! Thumbs up from me!

Also that dino outfit is so cuuuute!

What’s new and exciting with you ladies? Any scans coming up? I finally have my first in person appointment tomorrow, lol

Yay for an in person appointment finally!

Nothing too exciting here. I don’t have anything for a few weeks then I have an appointment at my regular OB and my 20 week ultrasound at MFM. I felt a few little popcorns here and there over the past week, but not everyday. I can’t wait for some more movements!

Next appointment for me isn't until the 12th.
However my insane side grabbed the newborn clothes out of the tub today. Just for inventory sake. It also keeps me from over buying clothes. :rofl:
Cause I have a problem apparently...
I also went through the 10 and 5yos clothes today and put away what doesn't fit and took out the size 6 stuff for the 5yo.. however basically all the size 6 stuff is MIA... or chance just skipped over it and went straight to 8s?? No Flippin idea.
What I did realize today is I apparently over buy clothes.
I found nb clothes from Collin with tags on them still.
I found size 5 pants with tags on them (hopefully target will let me trade them for 6s... I bought them at the beginning of the summer)
And a bunch of 8/10 shirts that chance never wore because the kid wears the same 5 shirts over and over despite having plenty of clothes.

Lol sorry for the rant. Maybe its because I'm a girl but I really try to rotate my clothes.

Basically I've gone down the rabbit hole of organizing everyone's clothes and grabbing and putting away sizes that do and don't fit.

Oh, I have so many clothes for them that I don’t even know where to start. People love to give us hand me downs too, which, I appreciate to a point. But sometimes I feel like they give them to me to get rid of their own clutter. Lol I know I have to go through them now though or else this kid will have no space for his clothes as we only have 2 closets and currently ours is filled with my husbands Star Wars collection and music stuff.

I feel that Jules, people give us stuff all the time which is super nice! But also like... I feel like a value village :rofl:

We have tons of clothes for the boys, especially because they’re so close together - I kept everything. We definitely won’t need any clothes for the new baby!

Won’t stop me from buying a few things :haha:

Got my pictures back! This was the only bump picture I chose. I feel like I look so pregnant haha. With the other boys I didn’t stick out so much until 25ish weeks

DE874967-7242-4023-B66A-0D5268F06132.jpeg

Man I wish people gave us things. Or at least like I wish I knew someone who had a baby recently that had like a swing or playpen. I really don't want to buy those again. They're so expensive. However those are like two of the most used items in our house lol so they're worth it. I'm glad thats all we really need. Other than a carseat.

I love the picture sander!! I wish I had a bump like that, though I'm sure when I'm huge in a few months ill be mad that I keep bumping into things with my bump :haha::haha:

I'm convinced I've been feeling some movement but I'm not entirely sold because my placenta is anterior... I keep questioning if I'm actually feeling baby or if my digestive system is enjoying throwing me for a loop... however its in the same area that I picked up babies heartbeat the other day.

I bought a swing second hand last time Lisa, it was like $15 and worked great! I just gave it a good wash and we were good to go.

Finally got my appointment today, yay! I was happy because I got all my bloodwork done at this visit - since this is the third go round I denied a lot of the bloodwork I had done with the boys. They take so many vials and I already know most of the information - specifically STD info and my titres for rubella etc. Last time they took so much blood I almost fainted! So this time I just got my iron levels and my antibody screening since I’m RH-. The midwife even said I don’t have to do a GD test this time (party!!). I don’t have a family history of diabetes, and I didn’t get GD with either of my previous pregnancies so she said I can skip it if I want. Which, yes please :haha:

I dunno this time I just want to be pretty hands off with the pregnancy, other than the section itself I want to just let things be and only do the tests that are totally necessary. I am booking the 20 week ultrasound though, she said the week of August 17th I should get an appointment

That all sounds awesome sander! I wish I had the willpower to be hands off. I'm just too much of a has to know everything kind of person :dohh:
The 17th isn't too far away though! That's exciting!!

Sander- I’m glad your appointment went well! I’m jealous you don’t have to do the GD test. The nurse at my new maternal fetal said I have to do it twice! She said something because of my BMI, but I didn’t do it before and I actually weigh less this pregnancy than in my other ones so I don’t know.

That’s so weird, why would you have to do it twice? I know there are two versions - like a 1 hour test and if you fail that you have to do the 3 hour test. Maybe she’s assuming you’ll fail the 1 hour test? So odd!

She said because I’m right over the BMI that they do two one hour ones, once around 20 weeks then again around 28 weeks. If I fail either then I do a 3 hour one too. Usually it’s just around 28 weeks. I thought it was weird too. No one has mentioned it so I’m hoping they don’t. That drink is so nasty!

Sorry Jules that’s a bummer! Hopefully you only need to do it once

That sounds crazy that they want to do it twice! I'd be like heck no. and tell them I want an A1C instead.

Anyone else feeling like this part of pregnancy is going slow? A lot of my symptoms have settled, no real baby bump yet, no movements, appointments far apart....I’m ready for the next few weeks to go by then it can get slow again. Lol

I’ve been having all these birth dreams though. Part of me hopes I can have a spontaneous labor rather than being induced again. I sooo wish I could have a home birth or at least a birth center. I know that can’t happen, but I’m hoping I don’t have to be all medicated and hooked up again.

Yes so slow! Trying to keep busy with the kids.

Why were you induced last time? Hopefully you can avoid it this time!

Actually, I can’t remember if we’ve chatted about this before but what were people’s previous births like? Both my boys came a few days early after my water broke. For some reason my water breaks but I don’t go into labour! Both kids were the exact same so I expect something similar with the third.

I was induced both times because of blood pressure. My first I went to my 39 week appointment at 39+5 and when they checked me I was 6cm dilated. I thought I was having bad Braxton Hicks all week and was apparently inconsistently contracting. I was sent for monitoring and when I got there my bp was elevated. Since I was so close they just kept me. They started pitocin and got all the way to 10, but it didn’t work so they unhooked me. A few hours later they broke my water and within an hour I was contracting. I got an epidural, started a low dose of pitocin, and I fell asleep. 3 hours later I felt pressure and was at 10cm. She was born after 24 minutes of pushing. Because I was induced for “hypertension” I was automatically high risk so I had to go to maternal fetal with my second. I was fine the whole pregnancy then at my 36 week ultrasound after my bp being normal just 2 hours prior at my regular doctor I was told my bp was dangerously high and to head to the hospital. They inserted cervidil and I lost my mucous plug that night. Chilled all morning then at 4pm the next day they started pitocin and I was only 2cm. I started contracting around 6pm and asked for an epidural around 6:30pm. I was told there was one person before me and I was able to handle them so they figured I hadn’t made much progress. In fact, my husband left to rent a movie. They got more intense a little after 7pm and they said they would be in soon for the epidural. Not long after my water broke and I felt her coming. We called a nurse and I told her I was pushing, she hesitated because I guess they figured I couldn’t progress that fast. The doctor barely made it and literally caught her as she shot out when they lifted my gown. I barely pushed, my body basically ejected her. Lol I never did get an epidural and that pain was no joke! I changed maternal fetal and hoping they let me go a little longer so I have a chance to labor naturally. Being induced at 36 weeks was rough as my body wasn’t ready. I had to be on magnesium and it made me dizzy so I couldn’t leave the bed and I had to have pump things on my legs to keep blood moving. As thankful as I am that we were healthy and she didn’t have a nicu stay, I praying I don’t have to do that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->