January & February Beans 2021

Oh that is scary Jules! Hoping your BP is more stable this time - being induced at 36 weeks sounds like it would be rough. With my first I was ‘induced’ because of what I mentioned - my water broke and 13 hours later labour still hadn’t started. I hadn’t even dilated! So they were going to do pitocin but I guess they can’t do that until your cervix is 3cm (?). They put in a gel to soften my cervix but since I was 39+4 and my water had broken on it’s own, my body went in to labour a few hours after the gel went in.

Crazy that modern medicine can just *make* you go into labour! :haha:

Jules, that's scary! I have major anxiety when it comes to medications and not feeling in control of my body. I actually had a panic attack during my last labor. :dohh: also omg yessss. This last week just feels like it is dragging! It's like every day is just taking its sweet time and it's not even like I can really get out of the house to make time feel like its going by a little faster. Today it was 116. And the last few days have all been over 110.

Sander I was induced with both my boys. Chance was 41 and I delivered 41+1. I labored for over 32 hours. Collin I was induced at 39w because of low fluid levels. That one was only 18 hours and I only pushed for like 10 minutes. I'm *Hoping* this labor will only be like 9 hours. :rofl: though I think the key word there is hoping.

Oh boy Lisa, that’s a lot of labouring!! I feel for you ladies, my labour with my first was only 2 hours :shock: Although it was excruciating dilating that quickly. I went from a 4-10 in maybe 30 minutes. I thought I was going to die, lol. I couldn’t imagine doing it for hours and hours! The exhaustion alone must take a huge toll, let alone the actual pain of labour.

Sander, funny story.... I didn't feel my labor with chance. I guess it happens to some women... I went in to be induced and I was already having contractions. They ended up putting me on pitocin anyways and I still didn't feel any pains. I had some back pain because he was sunny side up but I only got an epidural because I was afraid of actually feeling the birth hahaha. I'm glad I did because they ended up doing a double episiotomy.

Sanders- That’s a long time after the water breaking. I know some other people that had similar experiences. I’m glad you’re other one was quicker. Did you have an epidural or anything?

Lisa- Shew! I hope your labor is shorter this time. That’s crazy you weren’t feeling anything. That’s what they were worried about with my first. I was like how am I 6cm dilated? Shouldn’t I be in labor?! Lol I went to the doctor on my lunch break so it’s not like I realized. It just felt pinchy down there. Lol

The magnesium was the worst. When they gave it to me it felt like I took a a shot of whisky, my whole body got warm and I felt tipsy. It was weird to be aware of everything yet fuzzy at the same time. I don’t think it would have been so bad if I wasn’t hooked up and not able to move or eat while in active labor. I’m glad it was short and she came out fast since I had no relief. I was 3cm when I got there the day before and 3cm when they started the pitocin at like 4:30ish. I had asked them to check me when I asked for the epidural and she said they would when they came in to do it. They just went from 0-100 so fast! One minute I’m like..ok they’ll be here soon and you’ll have relief. To my water breaking and feeling her coming. When the nurse came in she went to the computer and was asking how I was feeling, etc. I said I was pushing and she was like, “ok, you feel kind of pushy” and typed it in. I told her “no, I’m pushing. The baby is literally about to crown.” She rushed you get the doctor and for a minute I thought my husband might have to catch her. They still didn’t believe me because the doctor said, “ok, let’s check you“ and when she went to look Luella was right there. She shot out and the doctor caught her. I didn’t even have time to think of the pain then, but it hurt real bad. lol

Sanders- That’s a long time after the water breaking. I know some other people that had similar experiences. I’m glad you’re other one was quicker. Did you have an epidural or anything?

Lisa- Shew! I hope your labor is shorter this time. That’s crazy you weren’t feeling anything. That’s what they were worried about with my first. I was like how am I 6cm dilated? Shouldn’t I be in labor?! Lol I went to the doctor on my lunch break so it’s not like I realized. It just felt pinchy down there. Lol

The magnesium was the worst. When they gave it to me it felt like I took a a shot of whisky, my whole body got warm and I felt tipsy. It was weird to be aware of everything yet fuzzy at the same time. I don’t think it would have been so bad if I wasn’t hooked up and not able to move or eat while in active labor. I’m glad it was short and she came out fast since I had no relief. I was 3cm when I got there the day before and 3cm when they started the pitocin at like 4:30ish. I had asked them to check me when I asked for the epidural and she said they would when they came in to do it. They just went from 0-100 so fast! One minute I’m like..ok they’ll be here soon and you’ll have relief. To my water breaking and feeling her coming. When the nurse came in she went to the computer and was asking how I was feeling, etc. I said I was pushing and she was like, “ok, you feel kind of pushy” and typed it in. I told her “no, I’m pushing. The baby is literally about to crown.” She rushed you get the doctor and for a minute I thought my husband might have to catch her. They still didn’t believe me because the doctor said, “ok, let’s check you“ and when she went to look Luella was right there. She shot out and the doctor caught her. I didn’t even have time to think of the pain then, but it hurt real bad. lol

That’s a crazy birth story Jules haha, glad she came quickly for you!

No I didn’t have any pain relief during the delivery - it actually sucked because I was so scared of any epidural, even G&A that I didn’t accept anything; then I had my 3DT and my options were a spinal or surgery for recovery so I ended up getting the spinal AFTER my son was born. I was like damn, if I had known I would have to get one anyways I would have done it before delivering :rofl:

Obviously with the second being a section I had another spinal. So I’ve done it the ‘easy’ way and the ‘hard’ way with pain meds lol

Lisa you’re so lucky you couldn’t feel contractions!!

Sander you'd think I was lucky but it just made me underestimate what labor was really like lol I think I only made it to like 4 or 5 cm with collin before I caved on an epidural... I planned on going natural lol! Oh man it was rough I couldn't believe I missed out on labor pains with my first. I kept saying why can't it be like last time!

Jules, Lol I went in and they had me hooked up and walked in 30 minutes later to give me the pitocin only to say, you know you're already in labor right? And I just looked at them all wide eyed like uhhh no. I just thought it was so weird because I had felt Braxton hicks so I expected thats what I would feel when I was in labor.. not nothing.

I can't imagine that. It sounds weird. I can't imagine that. However I do understand being hooked up lol I'd love not to get induced this time simply so I'm not attached to monitors and stuck in bed. I feel like because of that my labors were long. Also, I wish doctors listened more when we say we need to push like I know what pushing feels like and if I'm telling you I have the urge to do it you better listen.

Wow, those are some really crazy birth stories ladies! With my first we had to do a C-section. I kept getting contractions that I couldn't feel for the 10 days before the actual day (doctor would get me hooked up on that machine and go "wow, those are some really good contractions! It's any time now!") but I couldn't feel anything. It was a bit worrisome though, because I was on anticoagulation shots. The plan with those is that when you feel labor starting you need to stop taking them so you won't bleed too much when the baby comes (they have an acting time of 12-24 hours after the last shot). I couldn't feel anything though so we weren't sure when to stop the shots. Also the days went by and no labor was starting despite the continuous legit contractions. I think I may have started going into labor one night because I actually felt some tightenings that were 15 mins apart, but it stalled and stopped after I went to sleep.

Anyway, with everything going on and the little bug borderline on the size safety line (he was 100grams away from the safety margins for a vaginal birth) and refusing to get into position (he was always too high from what my doctor said) we decided to go for a planned C-section. I stopped my shots and went into the hospital with all my things nicely packed the next morning. Got my spinal, waited around a bit and joked with the nurses that gave me my drugs. When it was time, I was awake and could tell what was happening even though there was a sheet separating my head from my belly. I just felt some tugging and that's it. So I could tell first hand something was wrong. There were 2 doctors there and suddenly I saw them dive in and start doing things frantically. Apparently, I was lucky like you wouldn't believe because my baby had the umbilical cord wrapped multiple times around his torso beneath the underarms. Which is why he wasn't descending into position and I couldn't go into labor despite all the contractions. We never would have been able to have a natural birth. Even if I did get into labor, we would have had to revert to an emergency c-section and still risk serious damage. I still get chills from remembering how narrowly we escaped a tragedy.

This has taught me to be more laid back about the whole thing. I was really in favor of a vaginal delivery at first, despite being on blood thinning shots and the baby's size. I remember my doctor kept advising me for a planned c-section given my condition and all the other signs and I kept asking to push it back as much as possible until he put his foot down. Even when we set the date, up until the last moment I was hoping I might go into labor myself and skip the c-section. But it turns out this was the best thing after all. We might have gone through a tragedy if I had indeed gone into labor myself.

This time, if everything goes well, we'll just do a planned c-section. A VBAC is even more dangerous on blood thinners and I'm not willing to take any more chances. The recovery was a bit tough for the first 2-3 days but I'm doing everything the safe way this time.

Also, we'll get to choose the day! Due date is almost the same as with my first and I'd rather their birthdays are not on the same day, lol. At least a week apart would be ideal so each can celebrate properly but we'll go with whatever date the doctor chooses as well!

Wow, those are some really crazy birth stories ladies! With my first we had to do a C-section. I kept getting contractions that I couldn't feel for the 10 days before the actual day (doctor would get me hooked up on that machine and go "wow, those are some really good contractions! It's any time now!") but I couldn't feel anything. It was a bit worrisome though, because I was on anticoagulation shots. The plan with those is that when you feel labor starting you need to stop taking them so you won't bleed too much when the baby comes (they have an acting time of 12-24 hours after the last shot). I couldn't feel anything though so we weren't sure when to stop the shots. Also the days went by and no labor was starting despite the continuous legit contractions. I think I may have started going into labor one night because I actually felt some tightenings that were 15 mins apart, but it stalled and stopped after I went to sleep.

Anyway, with everything going on and the little bug borderline on the size safety line (he was 100grams away from the safety margins for a vaginal birth) and refusing to get into position (he was always too high from what my doctor said) we decided to go for a planned C-section. I stopped my shots and went into the hospital with all my things nicely packed the next morning. Got my spinal, waited around a bit and joked with the nurses that gave me my drugs. When it was time, I was awake and could tell what was happening even though there was a sheet separating my head from my belly. I just felt some tugging and that's it. So I could tell first hand something was wrong. There were 2 doctors there and suddenly I saw them dive in and start doing things frantically. Apparently, I was lucky like you wouldn't believe because my baby had the umbilical cord wrapped multiple times around his torso beneath the underarms. Which is why he wasn't descending into position and I couldn't go into labor despite all the contractions. We never would have been able to have a natural birth. Even if I did get into labor, we would have had to revert to an emergency c-section and still risk serious damage. I still get chills from remembering how narrowly we escaped a tragedy.

This has taught me to be more laid back about the whole thing. I was really in favor of a vaginal delivery at first, despite being on blood thinning shots and the baby's size. I remember my doctor kept advising me for a planned c-section given my condition and all the other signs and I kept asking to push it back as much as possible until he put his foot down. Even when we set the date, up until the last moment I was hoping I might go into labor myself and skip the c-section. But it turns out this was the best thing after all. We might have gone through a tragedy if I had indeed gone into labor myself.

This time, if everything goes well, we'll just do a planned c-section. A VBAC is even more dangerous on blood thinners and I'm not willing to take any more chances. The recovery was a bit tough for the first 2-3 days but I'm doing everything the safe way this time.

Also, we'll get to choose the day! Due date is almost the same as with my first and I'd rather their birthdays are not on the same day, lol. At least a week apart would be ideal so each can celebrate properly but we'll go with whatever date the doctor chooses as well!

With my oldest (vaginal birth) he came out with the cord wrapped around his neck twice. DH said he was completely blue. I knew something was wrong because the midwife got super serious, told me to stop pushing and started doing something down there. DH said she kept pulling the cord but it was so tight it kept snapping back around his neck. She finally got it up and over his head and he was ok, but it’s so scary. You never know what’s going to happen with delivery, we’re so lucky to live in a time where doctors/midwives etc have a lot of experience and knowledge to help them be born safely!

Lol your story is just as crazy quantea. I'm glad everything worked out and being able to choose the day is pretty cool. That's one thing I liked about getting induced, I knew when it was going to happen. And with Collin I was able to have my sil watch Chance and it wasn't stressful trying to get someone to watch him last minute lol. That's always a fear of mine. What happens with the kids when/if I go into labor naturally and everyone's at work :pop: thats the over planner in me though

Sander - Oh my, that must have been scary too! Sometimes it amazes me to think that a century ago I may not have been able to have any children. I think it's amazing how much we have accomplished!

lisaaove - Oooh, I hadn't even thought of that one! You're right, that's one less thing to worry about when the time comes.

Quantea- That’s so scary! Your mama guy kicked in though and you made the right decision. It’s pretty awesome you’ll get to pick the date! None of my pregnancies have went the way I pictured. My birth plan is to do whatever keeps us both safe, even if it isn’t exactly how I wanted it.

Lisa- I have those fears too. All our family and friends live over an hour away. Even though my induction was sudden, we still had time to get someone here. Our neighbor now works from home so the plan is she will come until a family member gets here. Which family member? That’s going to be a whole thing. My mom makes the most sense, but my in-laws butted their way in last time and it was a mess. I know it comes from a good place, but they can’t handle them. His mom has trouble opening doors because she has fibromyalgia, she def can’t lift anyone and last time Michael had to keep coming home to get them to bed, etc. I told him that isn’t happening this time, I need him there and we need someone who can handle things the whole time. I’m already stressed about it. Lol

Lol I totally understand the stress. I went to the ER on Friday and ended up getting told I have placenta previa she didn't bother telling me if it was partial or full though and I'm not sure what to think. So I'm just sitting here stressing until my appointment in ten days.

As for who will watch my kids I've only got two choices lol either my mil or sil however my sil is severly allergic to my dogs so even if she takes the boys my mil would have to come over and feed the dogs and let them out. Too much to stress about and I'm just trying not to stress.

Ah Lisa that is stressful. If it helps, I had a ‘low lying’ placenta with Emmett - it wasn’t total previa, but I believe it was also around 13 weeks. The midwife said the placenta will move up as your uterus grows, and it usually doesn’t stay a problem. Mine did move up and all was fine! Everything is so small at 13 weeks still, as it grows stuff moves around a lot. Hopefully yours gets out of the way!

I’m sorry they stressed you out! It should be a rule to not give a vague diagnosis to pregnant people. Hopefully it’s something that will work itself out, it’s so early.

Sander, thanks I know they usually move up but I just hate that I got like no information from her.

Jules, it really isn't fair to give someone half a description of whats going on. Like either don't say it or tell me everything.

I’m just sooooo tired this week. I need a whole day to just nap. Lol Otherwise just trucking along.

I'm good, busy week here. I have finals for my psychology class.
Chances 10th birthday is tomorrow. So I still need to make him a cake. He wants two layers, one chocolate one vanilla and buttercream frosting. Lol it took so much out of him to figure out what kind of cake he wanted. He just kept saying "I don't know cake" for the longest time. ](*,)
And then I have been packing for the camping trip next week.

Lisa-That sounds so good! Now I want cake. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"